Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson Becker
      2 (2.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (2.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (5.1%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      15 (19.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.3%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      51 (65.4%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Dec 08, 2021 04:56:15 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17479 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Dec 04, 2021 05:07:51 pm
      Sooooo pissed off we never scored two or more goals again 😳

😂😂😂😜
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #369: Dec 04, 2021 05:08:07 pm
      Hehehehehe that was feckin wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #370: Dec 04, 2021 05:08:20 pm
      Hope city bottle it
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,107 posts | 83 
      Reply #371: Dec 04, 2021 05:08:55 pm
      Jota can be thanking his lucky stars Origi was able to do what he couldn’t. An unforgivable miss by Jota in what was one of the worst individual performances we’ve had from an attacker for a while. I don’t know if it was the occasion or what but his head wasn’t right in this game and he very nearly cost us. On the bench in place of Origi next week.

Nobody particularly played well, there were lots of individual errors and sloppy decisions from everyone, especially Van Dijk at the back.

We got away with one today, we finally showed that winners mentality to grind out a win when it looked beyond us.

Let’s hope we learn from this performance and perform much better next week.

I see it more positive. We had plenty of good chances. On another night we win 0-3. It just was one of those games where the ball does not want to go in. And do not forget W'Hampton did a good job overall. As I pointed out earlier, Jotas miss was a mistake, but no bonehead one. Origi and only Origi made the difference today, just like in the Everton game we won 1-0 back then. Sometimes you need that.
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #372: Dec 04, 2021 05:09:01 pm
      There time wasting tactics bit them right in the kiester . We were very sloppy today. Hendo was poor and the miss from Jota well we just forget that ever happened . I thought Coady for Wolves was excellent big heart from him
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #373: Dec 04, 2021 05:09:07 pm
      Had to listen to Lee Hendrie and commentator waxing lyrical about Wolves 12 men behind the ball and dark arts as if it was some sort of masterclass. They got what they deserved which was feck all.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2096 
      Reply #374: Dec 04, 2021 05:09:39 pm
      Jota can be thanking his lucky stars Origi was able to do what he couldn’t. An unforgivable miss by Jota in what was one of the worst individual performances we’ve had from an attacker for a while. I don’t know if it was the occasion or what but his head wasn’t right in this game and he very nearly cost us. On the bench in place of Origi next week.

Nobody particularly played well, there were lots of individual errors and sloppy decisions from everyone, especially Van Dijk at the back.

We got away with one today, we finally showed that winners mentality to grind out a win when it looked beyond us.

I really don't think so. I don't think anyone would have complained about a draw but while there may have been some odd moments from some of our players (we lacked sharpness today) the defensive line we played was superb. The step forward and activating the offside trap numerous times today was fantastic. You'd think Traore was Lionel Messi or Salah the way some people were praising him this match. But he doesn't have much intelligence beyond his pace and strength. How many times can you be caught offside before it's unforgivable? We played with him and their attack constantly with that high line.

And it doesn't get away from the fact that we had numerous better chances than they ever did. 1-0? Yeah, F**k any other opinion. It was deserved for us. Not at our brilliant best but that shouldn't deny us looking for the good things in that performance.
      ged
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts |
      Reply #375: Dec 04, 2021 05:09:44 pm
      David Fairclough mk 2!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #376: Dec 04, 2021 05:10:33 pm

His 100th appearance off the bench I think
      Kitty
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 664 posts | 116 
      Reply #377: Dec 04, 2021 05:10:43 pm
      Good win in the end. They were a difficult team to play against, between parking and bus and endless time wasting totally stopped the flow, but had a feeling we would score in the final minute or two, then saw Origi and knew all would be well with the world  :D
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #378: Dec 04, 2021 05:10:56 pm
      By the way: they already mock Jota for his miss. Everyone who ever played knows that it was trickier than it might have looked. Though it was still a mistake, he should have shot the ball high and towards one of the two angles. But again: that was not a bonehead thing, the goals was not empty at all.

Afraid I cannot agree with that. He waited way too long, giving the second Wolves player enough time to come back. He should have passed to Mané as soon as he got the ball.
      He was just overconfident he would score and was punished for it.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 819 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #379: Dec 04, 2021 05:11:02 pm
      Let's F***ing go!

I believe, do you?

DIVOCK ORIGI, DIVOCK ORIGI

PS:

Thiago was class.
      Salah shows his brlliance again.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #380: Dec 04, 2021 05:11:04 pm
      Alt Nouri played Salah well pretty sure that goal wouldn't have happened if he was on the sub was clearly caught cold and flat footed . Karma around the time wasting as well
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #381: Dec 04, 2021 05:11:08 pm
      No, a player of any standard should be scoring that, you keep your composure and slot it into the corner, not blast it straight at the 2 players stood directly in front of you. There is no justification for that miss whatsoever.

It happens - the best in World miss or make the wrong choice in front of goal , we don’t need to crucify a player for making the wrong choice
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #382: Dec 04, 2021 05:11:31 pm

Derby matches CL semi final matches, CL finals they are all the same to Divok the man is just superb he is like a fire fighter when you think its all lost send in Divok
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #383: Dec 04, 2021 05:11:39 pm
      You called the team that more than once, thats not emotion. If you explain your angle on it people might understand, calling a team who perform week in week bottlers because they are being held goalless is pig ignorant, not emotional

I was more speaking to the chances we weren’t putting away, but it obviously hurts your feelings that I made those comments since you’ve taken the time to respond to me about it not once but twice so I apologize to you and anyone else that got their panties in a bunch about it. Don’t fall when you climb off of your super fan high horse.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2096 
      Reply #384: Dec 04, 2021 05:11:57 pm
      Had to listen to Lee Hendrie and commentator waxing lyrical about Wolves 12 men behind the ball and dark arts as if it was some sort of masterclass. They got what they deserved which was feck all.

More injuries and wailing from their players than the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan.

Idiot tactic and it blew up in their faces beautifully in the 94th minute.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #385: Dec 04, 2021 05:12:09 pm
      It's great winning 4 and 5.

But when you can keep a clean sheet and grind these out 1-0 ... especially late it's so much better.

You can imagine the grown in the city dressing room as that went in and also in the Chelsea camp. Striking a blow like this can be telling.

If we had not capitalised today it would have been us with that feeling. Such a momentum swinger.

Well played to the lads for sticking at it to the death and winning it.

Great to see a contribution from the bench. Jürgen should be using Origi and Minamino more in my opinion. Taki not seen again since his goal the other day.

But that's for another day. We'll dug out and a huge win. Hopefully Watford can do something and we goto bed tonight top of the league.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,107 posts | 83 
      Reply #386: Dec 04, 2021 05:12:38 pm
      No, a player of any standard should be scoring that, you keep your composure and slot it into the corner, not blast it straight at the 2 players stood directly in front of you. There is no justification for that miss whatsoever.

But both players blocked a big chunk of the center of the goal. So Jota would have needed to shoot with quite some precision. He chickened out and went for the quick and brutal - mistake - but it was not like the goal was empty and the next Wolver was 30m away. At least I give gim a slack. Sh*t like that happens, especially after you hammer it in like he did against Pickford.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #387: Dec 04, 2021 05:12:59 pm

We finally showed that mentality?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #388: Dec 04, 2021 05:13:36 pm
      anyone else sitting here with a big stupid Grin on their face. Dont you just love Jürgen and his boys who never give up
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #389: Dec 04, 2021 05:13:49 pm
      All this talk of bottling it and we won't score today f**k off and support your team when things are not going well, rant over.

The message is clear. There are different levels of fans. And that’s fine whichever level we are. But most of us will not let the team walk alone. Not when there’s still time to score. We’re with the team through a storm.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #390: Dec 04, 2021 05:14:19 pm

Think he is referring to the fact the goal was late not in general not being winners although I stand to be corrected

Quick Reply