Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Formula 1 2022

Read 91673 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #1104: Jul 24, 2022 03:17:49 pm
      Why did they pit Sainz with just 10 to go? Might as well have just kept him out.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #1105: Jul 24, 2022 03:37:51 pm
      Why did they pit Sainz with just 10 to go? Might as well have just kept him out.

It's Ferrari. They always make the worst possible choice...

Mercedes 2 and 3. Unexpected, but very nice.  :)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #1106: Jul 24, 2022 03:39:31 pm
      Excellent result for Mercedes, just need to find that bit of pace to be able to give Max a proper challenge.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1107: Jul 24, 2022 05:04:42 pm
      Leclerc unfortunately just gave Max the championship there with that mistake.

Ferrari doing Ferrari things with the strat for Sainz. 

Mercedes looking like they could snatch a p2 in the constructors at this rate.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,108 posts | 2129 
      Reply #1108: Jul 24, 2022 05:17:07 pm
      Leclerc showing today that only one man deserves the title.

Dreadful error.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #1109: Jul 24, 2022 08:08:52 pm
      It's Ferrari. They always make the worst possible choice...

Mercedes 2 and 3. Unexpected, but very nice.  :)

Yep. Their strategies are appalling most of the time.

Cracking drive from Sainz ruined but the team
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #1110: Jul 24, 2022 09:18:30 pm
      Yep. Their strategies are appalling most of the time.

Cracking drive from Sainz ruined but the team

I dare say he was the fastest driver on track this weekend. In the race, but also qualifying. It's a shame he had his grid penalty. It probably robbed us of a cracking race up front.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #1111: Jul 24, 2022 09:53:29 pm
      Horner once again crying after the race, saying Russell got very lucky with the timing of the VSC restart.

If you listen to RB, George must be the luckiest driver in the world this season...
      Have they ever considered that maybe, just maybe, he's simply very good at maximizing every opportunity?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #1112: Jul 25, 2022 07:14:44 am
      Horner once again crying after the race, saying Russell got very lucky with the timing of the VSC restart.

If you listen to RB, George must be the luckiest driver in the world this season...
      Have they ever considered that maybe, just maybe, he's simply very good at maximizing every opportunity?

Not luck at all.

Anyone with half a brain could see George was planning a move like that. Even the commentators on Sky were talking about it.

Horner really doesn't help himself at times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #1113: Jul 25, 2022 10:01:04 am
      Not luck at all.

Anyone with half a brain could see George was planning a move like that. Even the commentators on Sky were talking about it.

Horner really doesn't help himself at times

Horner shouldn't be talking about safety cars after it was a safety car and masi who handed his team a championship they were never winning.

As always in sport ...selective memory
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1114: Jul 25, 2022 10:23:04 am
      I dare say he was the fastest driver on track this weekend. In the race, but also qualifying. It's a shame he had his grid penalty. It probably robbed us of a cracking race up front.

Maybe when LeClerc went off but not before. Still think those Cnuts ( red bull ) had some left in the tank though sadly.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1115: Jul 25, 2022 10:24:34 am

He’s done, and continues to impress me the more races he gets under his belt.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,108 posts | 2129 
      Reply #1116: Jul 25, 2022 11:58:06 am
      He’s done, and continues to impress me the more races he gets under his belt.

Driver of the season for me so far. He's been fantastic throughout and absolutely loved his show yesterday and making mince meat from the far superior Red Bull driven by Perez. Love his attitude as well. Serious and professional.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #1117: Jul 25, 2022 12:21:23 pm
      It must also be said, we're 12 races into the season, and Mercedes only has 1 DNF, Russell's crash at Silverstone. Their car might be garbage, but that's some very impressive reliability, right there.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1118: Jul 25, 2022 01:01:34 pm
      Driver of the season for me so far. He's been fantastic throughout and absolutely loved his show yesterday and making mince meat from the far superior Red Bull driven by Perez. Love his attitude as well. Serious and professional.

Perez will always be a No 2 though.  ;D

We’ve both openly said/thought that given the same car Lando is the better driver? I’m wondering now He’s  definitely better than I thought he was. What I’d give to see them both driving a merc  :)
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #1119: Jul 25, 2022 01:14:32 pm

To be fair, Perez was hard done by RBs updates. He was coming to terms with their new car, and closing the gap to Max, but then RB went with a car development better suited to Verstappen's driving style.

I get that they wanted to give their golden boy a car tailored for him, but that's the reason they keep having this 'doomed' number 2 car. You cannot completely ignore your second driver.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1120: Jul 25, 2022 04:04:13 pm
      To be fair, Perez was hard done by RBs updates. He was coming to terms with their new car, and closing the gap to Max, but then RB went with a car development better suited to Verstappen's driving style.

I get that they wanted to give their golden boy a car tailored for him, but that's the reason they keep having this 'doomed' number 2 car. You cannot completely ignore your second driver.

We’ve had this debate before about No 2s in teams   ;D  Red bulls  updates will more than likely always be based on who they think is the better driver, in red bulls case obviously tw@tty.

The likes of Perez and Sainz simply haven’t got what it takes to win a championship whilst we have the likes Hamilton/Tw@tty/LeClerc/Russell/Norris about. Not forgetting the up and coming drivers that we haven’t heard about yet.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,108 posts | 2129 
      Reply #1121: Jul 25, 2022 04:11:06 pm

We’ve both openly said/thought that given the same car Lando is the better driver? I’m wondering now He’s  definitely better than I thought he was. What I’d give to see them both driving a merc  :)

I think Lando is the more natural driver but George strikes me as having the better attitude (maybe works harder?). Maybe I'm being unfair on Lando there. It's just sometimes I don't think he's as mature as George.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1122: Jul 25, 2022 05:55:30 pm
      I think Lando is the more natural driver but George strikes me as having the better attitude (maybe works harder?). Maybe I'm being unfair on Lando there. It's just sometimes I don't think he's as mature as George.

I understand where your coming  from, especially when you listen to Lando’s interviews.  ;D He’s very laid back and jovial with his comments. Like you I still think he has more natural ability, just wish we could see them both in the same car.  :-\
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #1123: Jul 25, 2022 05:56:45 pm
      We’ve had this debate before about No 2s in teams   ;D  Red bulls  updates will more than likely always be based on who they think is the better driver, in red bulls case obviously tw@tty.

The likes of Perez and Sainz simply haven’t got what it takes to win a championship whilst we have the likes Hamilton/Tw@tty/LeClerc/Russell/Norris about. Not forgetting the up and coming drivers that we haven’t heard about yet.

Unfortunately, Leclerc is showing this season that he doesn't have what it takes YET. He might be bloody quick, but he still makes too many mistakes.

I can't wait to see what Oscar Piastri can do. The kid is 100% quality. Too bad he won't be in a competitive car for the foreseeable future.

just wish we could see them both in the same car.  :-\

But that would mean Hamilton is out of F1... Will you be able to recover? ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,108 posts | 2129 
      Reply #1124: Jul 25, 2022 07:05:44 pm
      Unfortunately, Leclerc is showing this season that he doesn't have what it takes YET. He might be bloody quick, but he still makes too many mistakes.

I can't wait to see what Oscar Piastri can do. The kid is 100% quality. Too bad he won't be in a competitive car for the foreseeable future.

Did worry about Lewis early on this season. But he's driven superbly the last few races showing consistency and delivering maximum results. I so desperately want to see him hook it up for one last dance next year.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #1125: Jul 25, 2022 08:09:04 pm
      Horner moaning to the FIA about Russells start after the V. safety Car trying to blame Perez didnt get the info. Should have realised Safety Cars get their instructions from Red Bull direct .
      It seems strange still to see Mercedes Cars lacking pace if they can find some pace they may just be competitive again. Just for a moment it looked like Hamilton could win but sadly it was just a moment.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1126: Jul 25, 2022 08:09:56 pm

He's still fast enough though where as  the No2s aren't   ;D

I mean when the main man goes.  :D

Quick Reply