Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W8 D1 L0

Formula 1 2022

Read 90733 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,196 posts | 2760 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #1380: Oct 09, 2022 09:18:31 am
      Much as I don’t like the Cnut he deserved to win! his first championship. Different class this year.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,469 posts | 2857 
      Reply #1381: Oct 09, 2022 09:28:39 am
      FIA stumbling from one shocker to another at the moment and of course there's more to come next week.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,196 posts | 2760 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1382: Oct 09, 2022 09:36:15 am
      Quote from chats link= topic=52818.msg2504642#msg2504642 date=1665304119
      FIA stumbling from one shocker to another at the moment and of course there's more to come next week.

Can’t help thinking the 5 second penalty was added to LeClerc just so the tw@t became world champion at the home on Honda.  8)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,659 posts | 7151 
      Reply #1383: Oct 09, 2022 10:40:42 am
      Nice to be hand your Championship via the Stewards once again. Another terrible day for F1 that was just an awful waste of time
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,095 posts | 2125 
      Reply #1384: Oct 09, 2022 11:09:09 am
      It's a fully deserved title for Max but a washout of a season to be honest, largely down to the appalling mistakes made by Ferrari throughout.

A poor season and to be honest one where the new regs did not exactly shine through either.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,633 posts | 1120 
      Reply #1385: Oct 09, 2022 11:28:07 am
      A shambles and fitting way for verstappen to get another title. It remains to be seen if it will be completely tainted like last season. If they've breached the cap last year, with everything else that went on there needs to be the fullest punishment. And if it gave them a head start this season ... same applies. I'm pretty sure however the delay in the findings Is so they can all get their story straight and nothing will happen. I lost all faith in the rules and integrity of f1 at the end of last season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,723 posts | 3941 
      Reply #1386: Oct 09, 2022 11:39:49 am
      It's a fully deserved title for Max but a washout of a season to be honest, largely down to the appalling mistakes made by Ferrari throughout.

A poor season and to be honest one where the new regs did not exactly shine through either.

A season to forget - that’s for sure
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,095 posts | 2125 
      Reply #1387: Oct 09, 2022 12:29:39 pm
      That tractor incident could have been horrifying. Unbelievable to see that there. That said, quite why Gasly was going at that speed in those conditions under double waved yellows is something Alpha Tauri can only answer. A monumental failure to communicate on the Alpha Tauri pitboard. All teams have sighters / monitoring on all parts of the track so they should have known.

But most of the blame lies with the FIA here. Utterly appalling that they have claimed the tractor was on track due to red flag conditions despite it being there in yellow conditions. Seems they've made an attempt to suppress broadcasters talking about it as well.

Can't say it's surprising. Mohammed ben Sulayem is slowly creating a toxic regime there where truth is suppressed and any talk of dissent is shouted down with threat of punishment. The fact that c**t is President is bad news for motor racing in general.

You can bet that threats of a breakaway series from the FIA will reignite once more.
      « Last Edit: Oct 09, 2022 12:40:45 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,469 posts | 2857 
      Reply #1388: Oct 09, 2022 01:04:57 pm
      That tractor incident could have been horrifying. Unbelievable to see that there. That said, quite why Gasly was going at that speed in those conditions under double waved yellows is something Alpha Tauri can only answer. A monumental failure to communicate on the Alpha Tauri pitboard. All teams have sighters / monitoring on all parts of the track so they should have known.

But most of the blame lies with the FIA here. Utterly appalling that they have claimed the tractor was on track due to red flag conditions despite it being there in yellow conditions. Seems they've made an attempt to suppress broadcasters talking about it as well.

Can't say it's surprising. Mohammed ben Sulayem is slowly creating a toxic regime there where truth is suppressed and any talk of dissent is shouted down with threat of punishment. The fact that c**t is President is bad news for motor racing in general.

You can bet that threats of a breakaway series from the FIA will reignite once more.

Awful stuff really and no doubt Gasly will be made into a scapegoat for the whole incident. If they were going to red flag it anyway then why didn't they wait until all the cars were in the pits to get the recovery vehicle out?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,659 posts | 7151 
      Reply #1389: Oct 09, 2022 01:29:45 pm
      Awful stuff really and no doubt Gasly will be made into a scapegoat for the whole incident. If they were going to red flag it anyway then why didn't they wait until all the cars were in the pits to get the recovery vehicle out?

they should have kept him into the Pits and then let him tag on there is simply no excuse no matter how much they try to blame him.
      F1 has become a circus since this new bunch took over who would have thought Bernie Eccleston would have been better a running the sport. The FIA now in the hands of another middle east apologist.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #1390: Oct 09, 2022 09:49:59 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Let's just say you're being economical with the truth on that one. You defended Masi to the hilt.

Also, why did you delete this post and repost it a week later? I read this the first time you posted it last week but then you deleted it 5 minutes later.

At least you remember something that I post. Pity you don't remember how many times I posted the red flag should have been thrown when Latifi crashed.

I'm not there to defend Masi, let alone to the hilt. But yes, I would rather have him there than the current arrangements, which is a total shambles. I see that they're the stars of the show again in Suzuka. As I've said, every single race.

I've never seen or heard of half a race have full points before, in this or any other motorsport category. I've never seen a proposed restart be aborted before the drivers get out on track. I've never seen drivers not know how many points they won after the race, until they're all out of their cars. Verstappen is a genius who thoroughly deserves both his world titles. Yet all the headlines after both of them, are about the stewards and how they run races, rather than him.

Quote from PTU
      At the moment, Yuki is still seen as a "potentially good driver". Unlike Latifi, he's shown some glimpses of his talent.
      His main issue is that he was promoted too soon to F1. Another year in F2 to iron out those mistakes would have done him a world of good.

He's useless. He has contributed nothing in his career to date, except rob a better driver of a seat. At least Latifi has influenced the outcome of a race, Tsunoda hasn't even managed that.

Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Yeah, I'm being petty there. Red Bull have produced a corker of a car this year but it's hard to engage with no real title fight.

That wasn't a problem for you when Hamilton and the Mercs were in a one car title fight. Or Schumacher before him. There's nothing to stop you wearing an orange shirt like thousands of others do, and support Verstappen from next year either, then you can support the winner every year again for the next 10 probably, as he's going to smash every record going in that time.

It hasn't been the most thrilling of seasons, but most F1 title races are settled long before the end of the season, as this one has been.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,196 posts | 2760 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1391: Oct 09, 2022 09:54:46 pm
       :roll: :roll: :roll:

Looks like the d!ckhead is back.  :tosser:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,659 posts | 7151 
      Reply #1392: Oct 09, 2022 10:34:43 pm
      :roll: :roll: :roll:

Looks like the d!ckhead is back.  :tosser:

oh god no. Well reading that is easier than a sleeping tablet. I would laugh myself stupid if the FIA take away Max's title from last year but they will not under any circumstances, sport is being ruined by administrator's the F! is starting to look like the EPL money talks
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,095 posts | 2125 
      Reply #1393: Oct 10, 2022 12:06:48 am
      At least you remember something that I post. Pity you don't remember how many times I posted the red flag should have been thrown when Latifi crashed.

I'm not there to defend Masi, let alone to the hilt. But yes, I would rather have him there than the current arrangements, which is a total shambles. I see that they're the stars of the show again in Suzuka. As I've said, every single race.

I've never seen or heard of half a race have full points before, in this or any other motorsport category. I've never seen a proposed restart be aborted before the drivers get out on track. I've never seen drivers not know how many points they won after the race, until they're all out of their cars. Verstappen is a genius who thoroughly deserves both his world titles. Yet all the headlines after both of them, are about the stewards and how they run races, rather than him.

He's useless. He has contributed nothing in his career to date, except rob a better driver of a seat. At least Latifi has influenced the outcome of a race, Tsunoda hasn't even managed that.

That wasn't a problem for you when Hamilton and the Mercs were in a one car title fight. Or Schumacher before him. There's nothing to stop you wearing an orange shirt like thousands of others do, and support Verstappen from next year either, then you can support the winner every year again for the next 10 probably, as he's going to smash every record going in that time.

It hasn't been the most thrilling of seasons, but most F1 title races are settled long before the end of the season, as this one has been.

Nah - you're making that up. You were licking Masi arse furiously after Abu Dhabi.

How long has this post been sitting in your draft Word documents I wonder?

Short and sharp lesson here pal - no one asked for your opinion...ever. And no one wants it. Stop embarrassing yourself and let the adults do the talking.

To paraphrase Malcolm Tucker, if any of us on here wants your opinion then look out for our signal...ie us being sectioned under the F***ing Mental Health Act.
      « Last Edit: Oct 10, 2022 12:23:47 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,196 posts | 2760 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1394: Oct 10, 2022 06:04:16 am
      oh god no. Well reading that is easier than a sleeping tablet. I would laugh myself stupid if the FIA take away Max's title from last year but they will not under any circumstances, sport is being ruined by administrator's the F! is starting to look like the EPL money talks

If they do take it away “let’s have a partie”  :lmao: 00,1% of it happening though
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,659 posts | 7151 
      Reply #1395: Oct 10, 2022 05:15:19 pm
      RB guilty of "minor and procedural " breach of the rules although they loudly protest their innocence. Lets see how the FIA fudge this one for RB
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,196 posts | 2760 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1396: Oct 10, 2022 07:03:09 pm
      RB guilty of "minor and procedural " breach of the rules although they loudly protest their innocence. Lets see how the FIA fudge this one for RB

Annoying they say minor just so they can cop out on big points reduction. If you’ve over spent it’s a serious breach of the rules end of. However, if they deduct enough points so Lewis gets No 8 I’ll take it.  ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,204 posts | 3478 
      Reply #1397: Oct 10, 2022 07:08:57 pm
      Annoying they say minor just so they can cop out on big points reduction. If you’ve over spent it’s a serious breach of the rules end of. However, if they deduct enough points so Lewis gets No 8 I’ll take it.  ;D

I doubt that it will happen

Shame that the season ended up being boring with one team and one driver dominating

Would be good to have a season where there are a number of drivers and teams going for it and close
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,082 posts | 630 
      Reply #1398: Oct 10, 2022 07:54:19 pm
      I hate the way they are framing it, and I fear it's a way to get us ready for a financial penalty, and nothing more.

They are basically claiming Red Bull didn't overspend on car development, but on costs such as catering and absenteeism due to illness.

Sorry, but that's bullshit. It all comes from the same pot. The 1-2 extra millions spent on "catering" means you spent 1-2 millions more than you should have on development.
      When you're on a budget, you have to plan for the unexpected and give yourself some wiggle room. Other teams did, so why couldn't RB do the same?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,196 posts | 2760 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1399: Oct 10, 2022 08:02:33 pm
      I doubt that it will happen

Shame that the season ended up being boring with one team and one driver dominating

Would be good to have a season where there are a number of drivers and teams going for it and close

Agreed highly unlikely, wishful thinking on my side. Thing is though whatever they have over spent by could be the difference in Lewis winning the Championship last year.

Let’s say for argument sake they’ve over spent by 10 million and get a ÂŁ50,000 fine you’d do it every year if it meant you got 0.100 of a second out of the car which is massive over a race distance.

There needs to be a deterrent in place where you get ( example) a one points reduction for every million you over spend per race. That would make sure the fcukers didn’t do it again.

It all stinks since these new Yanks took over, the integrity of F1 hitting a new low for me.  :throw:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,082 posts | 630 
      Reply #1400: Oct 10, 2022 09:47:22 pm
      Agreed highly unlikely, wishful thinking on my side. Thing is though whatever they have over spent by could be the difference in Lewis winning the Championship last year.

Let’s say for argument sake they’ve over spent by 10 million and get a ÂŁ50,000 fine you’d do it every year if it meant you got 0.100 of a second out of the car which is massive over a race distance.

There needs to be a deterrent in place where you get ( example) a one points reduction for every million you over spend per race. That would make sure the fcukers didn’t do it again.

It all stinks since these new Yanks took over, the integrity of F1 hitting a new low for me.  :throw:

I read a really 'out of the box' solution I liked: make them carry additional weight next season. That'll really handicap them.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,319 posts | 4956 
      Reply #1401: Oct 11, 2022 08:17:04 am
      F1 is killing itself.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,095 posts | 2125 
      Reply #1402: Oct 11, 2022 10:03:03 am

Just wait until the cringe fest that is Las Vegas next year. You'll have Martin Brundle forced to do his grid walk in an Elvis jumpsuit. For the "bantz".

Quick Reply