Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Formula 1 2022

Read 90125 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #230: Mar 08, 2022 05:42:40 am
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly link=topic=52818.  msg2456590#msg2456590 date=1646691406
      I see Christian Horner has been blaring his big mouth again. Claiming that Mercedes bullied Masi.

No sense of self awareness about that guy is there?

To think I use to like this guy.  :f_doh:…… my bad
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #231: Mar 08, 2022 12:35:16 pm
      To think I use to like this guy.  :f_doh:…… my bad

What gets lost amongst all this talk of Masi being the victim is the fact that hundreds of Mercedes employees who saw their efforts throughout 2021 go up in smoke like that. A lot of the sympathy goes to Lewis but he'd be the first to admit that his cheated status is one shared across the team. So many people had worked their fingers to the bone in Brackley and on circuit to get their driver and their man in such a supreme position after such a tough year. All this while having to deal with a regulation change at the start of the season designed to set Mercedes behind Red Bull. They worked tirelessly to get their car back up to the top, all while dealing with constant snipes and almost slanderous accusations from the opposition regarding the car they built. To have seen their efforts come to nothing when it deserved the ultimate prize must have been terrible.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #232: Mar 08, 2022 01:46:14 pm
      I see Christian Horner has been blaring his big mouth again. Claiming that Mercedes bullied Masi.

No sense of self awareness about that guy is there?

He's also said that the rules weren't broken they were just implemented in a different way that had been previously.

The rules were broken. The steward in charge abused their position of power to manipulate the circumstances to
      give Max, on fresh and softer compound tyres, a run at Lewis on the final lap.

Had the SC been brought in as per regs then Max would need to pass the 5 lapped cars before getting near Lewis.
      Had the cars been allowed to unlap themselves as per the regs then the race would have finished under Safety Car.

What we got was a condition, outside of the regulations, that made Max WDC.

That's not motor racing, and everyone knows that.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #233: Mar 09, 2022 06:01:06 pm
      Kevin Magnussen returns to Haas F1 team to replace Mazepin

Bit of a surprise to be honest. When he left, he was very clear he was sick of driving for a backmarker. He wanted to taste victories and podiums again. He's also leaving a potentially Le Mans winning car (Peugeot) to come back to Haas...

He is a very good choice for them, though. Experienced, and very fast on his day.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #234: Mar 09, 2022 10:02:33 pm

Bit of a surprise to be honest. When he left, he was very clear he was sick of driving for a backmarker. He wanted to taste victories and podiums again. He's also leaving a potentially Le Mans winning car (Peugeot) to come back to Haas...

He is a very good choice for them, though. Experienced, and very fast on his day.

Safe choice but needed after the Mazepin horro show. Never again.

In other news... there are rumours doing the rounds that Mercedes are about to unveil a 'zeropods/no sidepod' car at tomorrow's test in Bahrain.

https://twitter.com/SportmphMark/status/1501208217698942994?s=20&t=xlSX_8A3tq9WTljCcHZg4w
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #236: Mar 10, 2022 09:00:51 am
      W13 is a work of art…
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #237: Mar 10, 2022 11:10:18 am
      Have to be honest and say I prefer black as the main colour for the Mercs, looks more like a beast then.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #238: Mar 10, 2022 11:11:04 am
      Day one didn’t tell us much from what I saw of it.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #239: Mar 10, 2022 01:09:49 pm

What does "spirit of the regulations" even mean? Either you're complying with the rules, or you're not. That's it (unless you're M. Masi, apparently).
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #241: Mar 11, 2022 12:06:37 pm
      What does "spirit of the regulations" even mean? Either you're complying with the rules, or you're not. That's it (unless you're M. Masi, apparently).

Agree. One thing that frustrates me about F1 is all that spirit of the regulation nonsense.

Should be rules for how the cart should be and that's it. It's either legal or it isn't.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #242: Mar 11, 2022 01:13:00 pm

It means because he didn’t think of it first it’s not fair  :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #243: Mar 11, 2022 02:07:09 pm
      Those Merc side pods are thing of beauty, I love them...& a bit of early doors stress for Horner & RB..
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #244: Mar 11, 2022 04:59:53 pm
      Those Merc side pods are thing of beauty, I love them...& a bit of early doors stress for Horner & RB..

Personally, I think they look ugly as F**k, but as long as they're effective, I couldn't care less.  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #245: Mar 12, 2022 02:33:26 pm
      anyone else think Merc are playing a blinder here and have there performance tuned down a bit before unleashing it all next weekend.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #246: Mar 12, 2022 03:28:34 pm
      anyone else think Merc are playing a blinder here and have there performance tuned down a bit before unleashing it all next weekend.

Let’s hope so  ;D
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #247: Mar 12, 2022 04:42:56 pm

I thought so after the first days of testing. But after this weekend, I'm not so sure. Both Merc drivers were really struggling with the car in Bahrain.

Ferrari does seem to be ahead at the moment.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #248: Mar 12, 2022 07:37:17 pm
      I thought so after the first days of testing. But after this weekend, I'm not so sure. Both Merc drivers were really struggling with the car in Bahrain.

Happened a few times as this, then out of nowhere Mercs take the breaks off and show their true colours. Let’s hope the same applies.  :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #249: Mar 12, 2022 07:51:06 pm

Likewise, but I'm sure Merc can unlock that car at some point. I feel they have a habit of creating cars that are a bit diva like. But once dialled in they are screaming quick. Ferrari look right in there though which is wonderful news - with a driver pairing as strong as Leclerc and Sainz, who knows what they can do this season
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #250: Mar 12, 2022 08:40:12 pm
      We dont know how free the drivers were to push etc and what amount of testing they were doing. I heard earlier this week the side pods or lack of them could be worth a significant amount of time per lap. I really want that smug git Horner to be looking for excuses after next weeks race.
      I think we all want good racing its been a while since we had a bunch of competitive cars on the grid.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #251: Mar 13, 2022 05:32:04 am
      We dont know how free the drivers were to push etc and what amount of testing they were doing. I heard earlier this week the side pods or lack of them could be worth a significant amount of time per lap. I really want that smug git Horner to be looking for excuses after next weeks race.
      I think we all want good racing its been a while since we had a bunch of competitive cars on the grid.

Yeah I like the sound of this, along with closer racing which definitely looking promising with Ferrari doing well in testing.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #252: Mar 13, 2022 10:56:55 pm
      Quote from PTU

When was he fast? He always had more confidence than ability, at least in F1. Now he's back to continue taking out his own teammate and trying to ram other drivers into the nearest trackside barriers.

I've never been a fan of the Bahrain track, but it's generally impossible to make any long term forecasts from pre season testing. It's like trying to make predictions in our sport based on pre season form. But I would be delighted to see a Leclerc v Verstappen championship battle if there was one, two win at all cost drivers, who never give an inch.

I've also been observing the level of mask wearing going on, and hoping that the oppressive rules have been relaxed further for the new season. It seems mainly to be confined to the pit lane and press conferences, rather than across the entire paddock as was the case for the past 2 years.

Quick Reply