Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Formula 1 2022

Read 90169 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,123 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #345: Mar 20, 2022 05:23:05 pm
      RB is not right & going forward we will see more reliability issues, throughout the race Max kept complaining about the car…

I hope Ferrari don’t tail off as the season goes on & Merc will be stronger in Jeddah with some upgrades…

Fingers crossed reliability issues continue with RB but can’t see it myself. Think Jeddah to soon but let’s hope your right.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #346: Mar 20, 2022 05:34:38 pm
      First race in a long long time that hasn't been impeded by an incompetent race director.

The absence/exclusion of team to race director radio was noticeable this afternoon and a welcome change. But its absence makes you realise just how much of a sideshow and farce that side of the broadcast was throughout last season and sadly one that became the determining factor as to where the drivers championship ended up. Thank god it's gone along with the race director at the centre of it all
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #347: Mar 20, 2022 05:38:02 pm
      Impressive stuff from Haas. What a turnaround from last year. To be fast over one lap is one thing, but to maintain that pace for the whole race is pretty impressive.

Guanyu Zhou did alright as well. Much more competent than the last 'pay driver' (granted, it's not exactly a big ask).
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #348: Mar 20, 2022 06:03:11 pm
      I see the wind up merchant who knows F**k all about the sport has had his say.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #349: Mar 20, 2022 06:15:52 pm
      Reckon Ferrari have pace in hand over the rest as well.

Lewis wasn't joking when he said in Barcelona a few weeks back that Ferrari are a few months ahead of most people

When Ferrari hit their stride and click they could well be dominant again - Hill was saying that they never thought Leclerc was showing he was quick enough if the car was good enough , showed today that he certainly is and also showed he can’t be bullied and has good track presence, that middle period where Verstappen took him he fought back superbly and was very much in control. Spoke very well after as well
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #350: Mar 20, 2022 06:53:06 pm
      With the engine freeze now in effect, I reckon Christian Horner will go to sleep a worried man tonight... You hate (erm, erm) to see it.

On the other hand, Ferrari powered teams are now looking pretty good.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #351: Mar 20, 2022 07:08:12 pm
      as good as Ferrari may be the big difference now is they dont have Schumacher driving for them. Having said that this season could throw up all sorts of winners and podiums. Overtaking looked really good today. Promising season ahead
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #352: Mar 20, 2022 08:40:05 pm
      Do you think they will find a solution early enough to contest the title?

Depends on how quickly they can introduce a new floor. Probably in for a few races of pain before they get sorted.
      Podium though.
      Nobody would have put money on Mercedes being in P2 right now and Red Bull suffering from the Snap right at the death.
      Karma.

Oh we also got to see how the SC should have been executed. Had Last year's finale been followed the same way then Hamilton would have been Champion.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #353: Mar 20, 2022 08:41:14 pm
      With the engine freeze now in effect, I reckon Christian Horner will go to sleep a worried man tonight... You hate (erm, erm) to see it.

On the other hand, Ferrari powered teams are now looking pretty good.

The part that failed is a spec part.
      McLaren swapped out their pumps before the race because of concerns they had.
      This is not a Red Bull Power Units issue. This is a Magnetti Marelli issue.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #354: Mar 20, 2022 08:58:58 pm
      wonder if this E10 fuel caused a problem with the fuel pump...who cares it was good enough to wipe the smug grin of Horner and Red Bull
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #355: Mar 20, 2022 09:14:08 pm
      https://twitter.com/gqsports/status/1505524046364123137?s=21

😂 he must wear this stuff for a laugh

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #356: Mar 20, 2022 09:25:05 pm
      Watching the highlights on Channel 4. Tough car to drive at the moment but just love seeing Lewis back there after a winter where I feared he may retire. And it's great to see him happy after the disgrace that was served on him by Michael Masi and co in Abu Dhabi. They'll be tougher results to take in the coming weeks I'm sure but Merc have the man and his positive attitude will do wonders for them.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #357: Mar 20, 2022 09:50:45 pm

Don't really see why this is relevant. Do you?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #358: Mar 20, 2022 10:00:14 pm

It’s an F1 driver arriving at a Grand Prix looking like a prize tw*t and this is an F1 thread 🤷‍♂️

In the same way people highlighted and laughed at Calvert Lewin for looking like a tw*t when wearing stupid clothes
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #359: Mar 21, 2022 10:01:59 am

jealousy mate his bib and brace denim look with a piece of straw hanging from his mouth just hasnt caught on. It isnt relevant unless you have a built in prejudice
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #360: Mar 21, 2022 10:04:32 am
      jealousy mate his bib and brace denim look with a piece of straw hanging from his mouth just hasnt caught on. It isnt relevant unless you have a built in prejudice

Prejudice about what exactly ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,123 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #361: Mar 21, 2022 11:12:59 am
      When Ferrari hit their stride and click they could well be dominant again - Hill was saying that they never thought Leclerc was showing he was quick enough if the car was good enough , showed today that he certainly is and also showed he can’t be bullied and has good track presence, that middle period where Verstappen took him he fought back superbly and was very much in control. Spoke very well after as well

I said many moons ago only four drivers shown the have the quality ( so far ) to be world champion.

Hamilton- Verstappen- LeClerc & Nando. Not seen anything yet to change my mind.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #362: Mar 21, 2022 11:37:36 am
      Loved Verstappen throwing the toys out of the pram with his hissy fit saying he isnt playing anymore .Its only the first GP and he seems really stressed out if he has more difficult days and breakdowns he will need to use the 2 seater to carry his therapist around with him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #363: Mar 21, 2022 11:38:53 am
      First race of the season showing exactly how a Safety Car should have been carried out.
      Either way - All cars allowed passed. Another lap before the Safety Car can come in.
      Had the final race of last season followed these rules (Safety Car unchanged from last year),
      Lewis Hamilton would be Champion. A stain on the sport that it wasn't done so in the favour of Red Bull,
      for no other reason than "The Show".

Congrats to Ferrari. It looks like we'll have a great season and they deserves this after 2 years of rebuilding.
      Hamilton with a surprise podium but the underlying story here is the fuel pump issues that impacted Red Bull and McLaren.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #364: Mar 21, 2022 11:44:13 am
      I said many moons ago only four drivers shown the have the quality ( so far ) to be world champion.

Alonso?  ;)

Give him a car he's comfortable with, and Danny Ric is up there as well.

Russell might have what it takes, but it's too early to say.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #365: Mar 21, 2022 11:51:00 am

give Russell a bit of time in the Mercedes when it gets up to speed and you might add another. He had a dodgy qualifying lap but finished the race well right behind Lewis.  We may get upto 6  or more GP winners this season so finishing and collecting points in every GP will be critical
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #366: Mar 21, 2022 11:59:49 am

I know you don't rate him highly Keith but I'd put Sainz in there. I genuinely think he operates in that window of 1 time World Champions like Jenson and Nico Rosberg. In the right circumstances, he's world champion material for me. Agree with walt as well - George definitely has a world title or two in him.

Noticeable that no one has said Ricciardo though. Looked the bees knees when he replaced Webber at Red Bull but a couple of bad career choices and being paired against a hotshot like Lando has kind of disrupted those aspirations quite significantly in my view. (edit: PTU I see you've cited him! Fair enough!)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #367: Mar 21, 2022 12:17:00 pm

It’s hard because not many other drivers have been in cars capable of challenging

Sainz and Perez both look like they could rack up enough wins

Russell has a great chance

Ocon is another who in a top car could do the same

Quick Reply