Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Formula 1 2022

Read 90113 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #529: Apr 10, 2022 03:15:32 pm
      Last week Helmut Marko taunted Mercedes by arguing their struggles might be the result of RB snatching around 50 of their engine staff.
      Little did he know... They were actually sent by Mercedes to sabotage RB engines!  ;D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #530: Apr 10, 2022 05:47:03 pm

Merc heavily improved & I can’t rule either one of Hamilton & Russell on the podium tomorrow, Looks like the Merc engines & teams are getting close to their sweet spots...

😎
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #531: Apr 10, 2022 07:18:14 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4938 
      Reply #532: Apr 11, 2022 12:23:13 am
      Just caught up in the highlights.

LeClerc is the real deal as many of us thought

Give him a good car and he'll win championships.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #533: Apr 11, 2022 07:25:41 am
      Just caught up in the highlights.

LeClerc is the real deal as many of us thought

Give him a good car and he'll win championships.

Your right Si. couple said while back he had what it takes given a car.... He's now been given one.   ;D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #534: Apr 11, 2022 10:15:29 am
      Forza Ferrari!

We need Sainz to be up there more and more to help Leclerc in his title charge IMO.

It gives Ferrari a lot more options when it comes to tactics, Max will drive the hell out of that redbull so Leclerc needs all the support from the team as much as possible. Not sure how much Sainz will want to be a number two driver mind.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #535: Apr 11, 2022 10:22:55 am
      So Hamilton won a lot of races by creating a gap behind him and driving within the limits of the Car . New regs dont seem to have changed this as Le Clerc seems very comfortable out front breaking the tow and having a very nice Sunday afternoon drive.
      Why not use a financial limit and rip up the very large rule book. Yesterday the midfield just seemed to be following each other round in a train.
      3 races in its hardly been a festival of outrageous overtaking and last ditch braking.
      If Mercededs improve along with McClaren it may get interesting with 6 or even 8 cars competing
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      Reply #536: Apr 11, 2022 10:38:29 am
      So Hamilton won a lot of races by creating a gap behind him and driving within the limits of the Car . New regs dont seem to have changed this as Le Clerc seems very comfortable out front breaking the tow and having a very nice Sunday afternoon drive.
      Why not use a financial limit and rip up the very large rule book. Yesterday the midfield just seemed to be following each other round in a train.
      3 races in its hardly been a festival of outrageous overtaking and last ditch braking.
      If Mercededs improve along with McClaren it may get interesting with 6 or even 8 cars competing

I think yesterdays race had as much to do with Max not looking after his tyres as anything else. His front left was struggling most of the race, whereas Leclerc had near to no degredation at the same point Max was complaining. Either that or the redbulls car just isn't up to scratch just yet.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #537: Apr 11, 2022 10:50:23 am
      Forza Ferrari!

We need Sainz to be up there more and more to help Leclerc in his title charge IMO.

It gives Ferrari a lot more options when it comes to tactics, Max will drive the hell out of that redbull so Leclerc needs all the support from the team as much as possible. Not sure how much Sainz will want to be a number two driver mind.

Most of the lads know my thoughts on Sainz.. Is he good enough for No 2?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      Reply #538: Apr 11, 2022 11:07:59 am

I think Sainz needs to show consistency but he has never had a car like this before, so I think he can be a real good no.2.

Guessing you are not a fan?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #539: Apr 11, 2022 11:21:20 am
      I think Sainz needs to show consistency but he has never had a car like this before, so I think he can be a real good no.2.

Guessing you are not a fan?

Many of the lads rate him on here but I'm the odd one out.  ;D He's a good driver but doubt he has what it takes to win a world championship. He's got the car now so no excuses if he can't win it this year for me.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #540: Apr 11, 2022 11:44:48 am

He'll be perfect for the role.
      Bad weekend for him but he's close enough to Leclerc without there being any question of who the No1 is,
      which is exactly what you want in a team when there is another team on your heels.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #541: Apr 11, 2022 12:01:04 pm
      Bad weekend for him but he's close enough to Leclerc without there being any question of who the No1 is,
      which is exactly what you want in a team when there is another team on your heels.

Which basically means not got what it takes to be a No1 racer judging from your post.  :roll:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #542: Apr 11, 2022 12:55:01 pm

What did you think of the Mercs performance given their problems & are you surprised to see them 2nd in the constructors title....
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      Reply #543: Apr 11, 2022 01:02:11 pm
      Which basically means not got what it takes to be a No1 racer judging from your post.  :roll:

He is not as good as Leclerc IMO but he sure can do a job at getting that constructors back at Ferrari.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #544: Apr 11, 2022 01:13:23 pm
      What did you think of the Mercs performance given their problems & are you surprised to see them 2nd in the constructors title....

No surprise really. Only surprise has been Red Bull Powertrains reliability.
      Even a bad Mercedes was still the 3rd fastest car, but when the 2nd fastest car can't make it to the finish suddenly things look much better.
      I'm sure Mercedes will come back strong in the second half of the season.
      By then Ferrari will have broken the back of the Championship. Red Bull will rue the points they've let slip.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #545: Apr 11, 2022 01:16:59 pm

I think they have arguably one of the best line ups on the grid, if not the best line up.
      Leclerc bested a 4 Time Champion, in Vettel. There is no question of his talent.
      Sainz will be close. Ultimately he was unlucky with the red flag in quali,
      but the snowballing of his race weekend from there has locked him in as No 2 for the season.

Don't forget Sainz and Verstappen were matching each other at Toro Rosso.
      Make no mistake though, that is Leclerc's Ferrari. Has been since the acrimonious season with Vettel
      and the change of personnel that followed. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #546: Apr 11, 2022 01:22:39 pm
      No surprise really. Only surprise has been Red Bull Powertrains reliability.
      Even a bad Mercedes was still the 3rd fastest car, but when the 2nd fastest car can't make it to the finish suddenly things look much better.
      I'm sure Mercedes will come back strong in the second half of the season.
      By then Ferrari will have broken the back of the Championship. Red Bull will rue the points they've let slip.

Crazy how this season was billed Hamilton V Verstappen & neither have shown true form yet...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #547: Apr 11, 2022 02:12:20 pm
      He is not as good as Leclerc IMO but he sure can do a job at getting that constructors back at Ferrari.

Well if you have the two fastest cars on the grid it sort of makes sense  :D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      Reply #548: Apr 11, 2022 02:14:35 pm
      Well if you have the two fastest cars on the grid it sort of makes sense  :D

Perez didn't really do that well last season did he?

Bottas hasn't exactly set the world alight with his performances when at Mercedes.

Why is it you don't rate Sainz? He ended up ahead of Leclerc last season in the drivers champ, surely that counts for something.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #549: Apr 11, 2022 02:36:37 pm
      Crazy how this season was billed Hamilton V Verstappen & neither have shown true form yet...

For vastly different reasons.
      No doubt Max is up there but the RB reliability is a huge problem.
      Probably what happens when you poach so many engineers and try to build the plane while learning to fly.
      Big year ahead for them.

Mercedes having a problem with porpoising and the car being high drag is not something I'd have bet on.
      That they are 2nd is a huge boost.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #550: Apr 11, 2022 02:58:52 pm
      Perez didn't really do that well last season did he?

Bottas hasn't exactly set the world alight with his performances when at Mercedes.

Why is it you don't rate Sainz? He ended up ahead of Leclerc last season in the drivers champ, surely that counts for something.

I just think the likes of Bottas-Sainz-Perez-Button are nearly men. Good drivers but just don’t have that cutting edge to be a champion.

Jury still out on Russell, can’t make my mind up on how good he is. However, I certainly think he’s better than the above 4 drivers I’ve mentioned. I’d love to see Norris in a championship car, I rate him better than Russell on a even playing field.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #551: Apr 11, 2022 03:08:30 pm
      Everyone was interested in the side pods but forgot about the porpoising 😂

Quick Reply