Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Formula 1 2022

Read 90114 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #874: Jun 19, 2022 08:12:12 pm
      New Tyres for Sainz !! Any excuses from here before he no doubt fcuks up again? 🤣
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #875: Jun 19, 2022 08:15:13 pm
      I get that Christian Horner is the only principal (amongst the top teams at least) to offer his insight during races but when it gets to the extent where it's EVERY race that Sky feel the need to have him on...it gets a bit ridiculous. It's not like he's delivering anything insightful and it just gives the impression of sycophancy on Sky's part.

Out and out glory hunter, it’s me me me, ask me coz I’m the main man  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #876: Jun 19, 2022 08:33:38 pm
      Hamilton fastest lap so confused about their race pace

Genuinely strange car they've built there. Looks an out and out mess and then unexpected turns of pace here all in the same weekend.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,412 posts | 2835 
      Reply #877: Jun 19, 2022 08:41:42 pm
      I like Sainz but can't help but feel a top driver would have taken Verstappen there.

Nice to see Hamilton back on the podium.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #878: Jun 19, 2022 08:42:47 pm
      Merc definitely have a Car there where they go from here is anyones guess but they have the people to do it. I thought that was a great F1 race 3rd and 4th for Merc that has to be encouraging and how good is  George Russell . Now my exercise for today means switching over to the Golf
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #879: Jun 19, 2022 08:47:06 pm
      Good race that. Deserved win for Max and Carlos showing excellent pace throughout to make it a challenge for Red Bull. Mercedes - good to see them get a clean and consistent race together. I think Hamilton drove superbly throughout yesterday and today. Without doubt his best weekend this season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #880: Jun 19, 2022 08:47:39 pm
      I like Sainz but can't help but feel a top driver would have taken Verstappen there.

the fact he hasnt won a race says it all Max would have gone past him so would have Lewis in the same situation. Good race though
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #881: Jun 19, 2022 08:50:16 pm

Snatched it a bit when he was in a prime position costing him vital few tenths that would have made an attack possible. He's got the speed - just needs to clean up in those pressure moments.

Still think he should never have left McLaren - perfect environment and perfect team mate in Lando. Both of them were a dream pairing especially when you look at how distinctly average Ricciardo has looked (who is being pushed further and further into the sport's periphery).

On that note, a shiter of a weekend for McLaren. That's what they get for f**king about with their paint scheme.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3936 
      Reply #882: Jun 19, 2022 08:54:54 pm
      Merc definitely have a Car there where they go from here is anyones guess but they have the people to do it. I thought that was a great F1 race 3rd and 4th for Merc that has to be encouraging and how good is  George Russell . Now my exercise for today means switching over to the Golf

I’m hating Max winning every race though mate. Gutting.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #883: Jun 20, 2022 09:42:54 am
      I’m hating Max winning every race though mate. Gutting.

going to have to suck it up mate unless new regs bring Merc closer but Hamilton looked a lot quicker.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #884: Jun 20, 2022 05:10:20 pm
      Lando commenting his long pit stop: "There were no tires. Which is a problem, because you need tires to run a car."  :lmao: :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #885: Jun 21, 2022 10:44:58 pm
      Lando commenting his long pit stop: "There were no tires. Which is a problem, because you need tires to run a car."  :lmao: :lmao:

you just dont expect these cock ups now it was quite funny really I suspect someone suffered for the mistake
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #886: Jun 21, 2022 10:59:50 pm
      https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/1539343858944835588?s=20&t=bvmwwTQyp-P_EO1XyB3QhQ

Crikey, when Red Bull aren't inciting racists attack, they actively harbour them in their ranks!
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #887: Jun 21, 2022 11:12:43 pm

As much as I dislike them, that's not on RB. They cannot control everything their drivers say.
      He is (was?) widely seen as the next RB Academy to make the step up to F1, so fair play to them for reacting swiftly, I just hope they won't sweep this under the rug.

PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #888: Jun 21, 2022 11:14:41 pm
      In stark contrast to the RB/Vips news, here's a very classy tweet from the Mercedes team.

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/1539168002754723840
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #889: Jun 21, 2022 11:38:42 pm
      As much as I dislike them, that's not on RB. They cannot control everything their drivers say.
      He is (was?) widely seen as the next RB Academy to make the step up to F1, so fair play to them for reacting swiftly, I just hope they won't sweep this under the rug.

But maybe it's a culture thing where character and dignity doesn't matter and their employees can wilfully say whatever they like and hurl insults around at anyone they want? After all, they gave fuel to a racist pile on towards Lewis after last year's British GP with some inflammatory remarks about his character and then there were some odd / dog whistle barbs made by Jos Verstappen and Helmut Marko that went unnoticed.

And let's remember that they turned a blind eye to Max's outburst a couple of years back calling Lance Stroll a 'retard' and a 'mongol'.

F**k them with a capital F. An absolute cesspit.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #890: Jun 21, 2022 11:42:08 pm
      They gave fuel to a racist pile on towards Lewis after last year's British GP with some inflammatory remarks about his character and then there were some odd / dog whistle barbs made by Jos Verstappen and Helmut Marko that went unnoticed.

And let's remember that they turned a blind eye to Max's outburst a couple of years back calling Lance Stroll a 'retard' and a 'mongol'.

F**k them with a capital F.

I agree with all of the above (in particular the last line  ;D).

But I don't think it's fair to place the blame of them here. Just because some old farts working for RB are racists doesn't mean the company as a whole is.

This is 100% on Vips.

Btw, please don't make me defend RB... I don't like it. :)
      « Last Edit: Jun 21, 2022 11:50:32 pm by PTU »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #891: Jun 24, 2022 09:51:08 pm
      any signs of Merc turning up next week with a competitive Car ? 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #892: Jun 24, 2022 10:31:32 pm

More updates apparently.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #893: Jun 25, 2022 03:57:16 am

I actually expect them to be quite strong at Silverstone. It's one the tracks that should really suit their car: smooth surface, fast corners, etc.
      And two British drivers that usually do quite well over there.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #894: Jun 26, 2022 01:03:57 pm
      Quote from PTU
      It was marginal, but both RB drivers did. They showed it during the race but it wasn't investigated.
      Truth be told, it'd be harsh to punish them for it, and they'll probably claim the tricky conditions are to blame, but drivers have to account for those conditions and the rules are the same for everyone.

It's not harsh at all. It's a slam dunk, clear and obvious penalty, as it was 20 years ago. That yellow line is there for a reason, and if you cross it, then you can't argue with the consequences. The evidence is there for everyone to see.

But it sums up how this season is being decided on the track. Whether it's delayed starts, badly timed safety cars, inadequate safety barriers, ridiculously late penalties, or jewellery regulations, there's some new controversy at almost every race from Dumb and Dumber up in the stewards room. It's the worst set of decisions I've ever seen in a F1 season already. The Monaco race should have started on time, but it was delayed and then stopped for what was effectively nothing worse than a heavy shower. The director had only done one previous race, but he was still left in charge of running it and he did an awful job of it. Races at Monaco have been run on time in 10 times more rain than that, such as in 84 or 97.

The standard ticket price there is anything between €200-500 a head just to sit in an uncovered stand, and they deserve some sort of respect from those in charge. Drivers are paid millions every year to drive in these conditions, most have already done it regularly for 20-30 years, so let them at it. That's the challenge, that's why we watch it across the world, that's why people bankrupt themselves to go to it. Any driver who bottles it, can always park up in the garage, pack their bags and head for the airport asap. But either way, the show must go on, with or without them.

Quote from Don77
      Perfectly OK though to change the rules when it gifts your driver an undeserved world title taking it away from someone who had it in his pocket. Imagine that.

No need to imagine, because nobody has a world title in his pocket until he crosses the finish line first, having won more points than everyone else after the full amount of races. Only then does he deserve it, the same as in any other sport.

Baku is one of my favourite circuits, and usually one of the most incident packed races of the year. Not this year. I missed it completely, but the Ferraris retired and Verstappen won the race by 20 seconds. So it seems like I didn't miss much.

Verstappen won again in Canada, and demonstrated how to defend a lead after a safety car period, against another driver with fresher tyres, and DRS and a tow every lap. He could be double world champion by Mexico at this rate.

But at least the social distancing and masks are finally gone. ;D So everyone in the paddock and pit lane can focus on the sport again, and it doesn't look like one giant hospital ward anymore.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #895: Jun 26, 2022 01:26:36 pm
      It's not harsh at all. It's a slam dunk, clear and obvious penalty, as it was 20 years ago. That yellow line is there for a reason, and if you cross it, then you can't argue with the consequences. The evidence is there for everyone to see.

But it sums up how this season is being decided on the track. Whether it's delayed starts, badly timed safety cars, inadequate safety barriers, ridiculously late penalties, or jewellery regulations, there's some new controversy at almost every race from Dumb and Dumber up in the stewards room. It's the worst set of decisions I've ever seen in a F1 season already. The Monaco race should have started on time, but it was delayed and then stopped for what was effectively nothing worse than a heavy shower. The director had only done one previous race, but he was still left in charge of running it and he did an awful job of it. Races at Monaco have been run on time in 10 times more rain than that, such as in 84 or 97.

The standard ticket price there is anything between €200-500 a head just to sit in an uncovered stand, and they deserve some sort of respect from those in charge. Drivers are paid millions every year to drive in these conditions, most have already done it regularly for 20-30 years, so let them at it. That's the challenge, that's why we watch it across the world, that's why people bankrupt themselves to go to it. Any driver who bottles it, can always park up in the garage, pack their bags and head for the airport asap. But either way, the show must go on, with or without them.

No need to imagine, because nobody has a world title in his pocket until he crosses the finish line first, having won more points than everyone else after the full amount of races. Only then does he deserve it, the same as in any other sport.

Baku is one of my favourite circuits, and usually one of the most incident packed races of the year. Not this year. I missed it completely, but the Ferraris retired and Verstappen won the race by 20 seconds. So it seems like I didn't miss much.

Verstappen won again in Canada, and demonstrated how to defend a lead after a safety car period, against another driver with fresher tyres, and DRS and a tow every lap. He could be double world champion by Mexico at this rate.

But at least the social distancing and masks are finally gone. ;D So everyone in the paddock and pit lane can focus on the sport again, and it doesn't look like one giant hospital ward anymore.

So basically what your saying is?

blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar.

blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar.

blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar  blar blar blar blar blar, blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar blar.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #896: Jun 27, 2022 02:46:33 pm
      What with Gasly signing on at Alpha Tauri for another season next year, is there an argument that he lacks ambition / the right management team? He's a fine driver but it saddens me that he tolerates a company where he was treated so appallingly by Red Bull even though he has proved his worth (and some) at Alpha Tauri ever since he was demoted back there. Surely he could have tried angling for a move elsewhere - he'd do a better job at McLaren than Ricciardo I reckon. He's not a Max Verstappen or Charles Leclerc but he can probably do better than playing the lead in Red Bull's second unit.

Quick Reply