Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Formula 1 2022

Read 90122 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #1173: Jul 31, 2022 03:39:38 pm
      Merc competitive and improving but Ferrari must be run by Coco the Clown they are masters of snatching defeat from the jaws of Victory this should have been a 1/2 today. RedBull have the best Car but the best tactical people as well
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #1174: Jul 31, 2022 03:41:15 pm
      Max and Lewis showing yet again that they are a cut above everyone else.

Ferrari - astonishingly awful in every sense these last two weeks. Don't think I've seen such a good car corrupted by incompetence as I have seen with them this year. The tension and aggro it's creating must be at boiling point - the sort that forces it's drivers to go job searching.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #1175: Jul 31, 2022 03:49:17 pm
      I don't know where Hamilton found that speed towards the end, but that was impressive.

Great result for the Mercs but Verstappen winning out of nowhere ruins it.

What more can we say about Ferrari "strategists"? Are they constantly drunk? Paid by RB?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1176: Jul 31, 2022 03:56:27 pm
      If Hamilton had DRS yesterday he could have easily won that today which is great News for the second half of the season as they started off so slowly but look to be closing in on the top two now with two good consecutive 2/3 podiums
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1177: Jul 31, 2022 04:15:56 pm
      No words for Ferrari. Actually one, shambles.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1178: Jul 31, 2022 05:38:53 pm
      No words for Ferrari. Actually one, shambles.

they have Harry Potter in charge what can you expect. I dont think anyone can believe just how awful they are a sa team
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      Reply #1179: Jul 31, 2022 05:41:44 pm
      they have Harry Potter in charge what can you expect. I dont think anyone can believe just how awful they are a sa team

They have the best car and just don't know how to make the most of it, ridiculous.

Also if they are going to risk it with the hards when the data from other cars showed how terrible they were, do it with F***ing Sainz, you know the guy who wasn't the quickest driver/car, you know the guy who ISN'T in a championship race.

Yeah, I am triggered, I hope Merc get p2 in the constructors and Leclerc leaves Ferrari.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #1180: Jul 31, 2022 06:44:04 pm
      Imagine being a Ferrari engineer... After a few years of tough luck, you finally manage to design a rocket of a car, arguably the strongest on the grid. Then, a muppet in charge of strategy ruins your hard work, week in and week out.  :f_wah:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #1181: Aug 01, 2022 11:59:31 am
      Alonso to Aston Martin... Wow, I did not see that coming. For someone claiming he is in it to win it, it's an intriguing choice. Yes, AM have massive ambitions, but they are still far behind Alpine and probably won't catch up in the near future.
      Seems he choose the money after all...

In all likelihood, it also means Oscar Piastri in the Alpine. I'm looking forward to that!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1182: Aug 02, 2022 12:57:36 pm
      See Masi has signed a NDA with F1 so much for openness in this new era. What has he got to hide I wonder. SO is he an incompetent fool or dishonest  ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1183: Aug 02, 2022 01:50:38 pm
      See Masi has signed a NDA with F1 so much for openness in this new era. What has he got to hide I wonder. SO is he an incompetent fool or dishonest  ?

Probably a combination of both Walt. Still hurts me thinking about it, god knows what it’s done to Hamilton.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      Reply #1184: Aug 02, 2022 02:55:47 pm
      Alonso to Aston Martin... Wow, I did not see that coming. For someone claiming he is in it to win it, it's an intriguing choice. Yes, AM have massive ambitions, but they are still far behind Alpine and probably won't catch up in the near future.

In all likelihood, it also means Oscar Piastri in the Alpine. I'm looking forward to that!

Yeah the mind boggles as he has had a strong season with Alpine so far. Although Seb wasn't too far off Ocon that last race.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #1185: Aug 02, 2022 03:25:48 pm

To be fair, I'm not sure there's some big secret. After all, he openly admitted that he choose to disregard the rules for the sake of entertainment.
      And the FIA said 'good lad'.  :confused-smiley-013:

They're all incompetent, nothing surprising here.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #1186: Aug 02, 2022 04:48:35 pm

Sounds like Alonso was unhappy at the possibility of being put out to pasture in endurance racing in 2024 which Alpine's chief hinted at recently which said to Alonso that he was only going to be given one more year at the team. A calamitous own goal on their part then as opposed to Fernando. He may be in his 40s but by heck he's still an excellent driver with much left to give. Aston Martin provide him with that longer term option in the sport though I doubt their capabilities despite all that investment. Any team of any reasonable ambition would have got shot of Stroll long ago but we all know the reason he's still there. To get where they want to be they need a superb second driver along with a world class first driver. Stroll is certainly not superb. He's not terrible but his excellent moments are very fleeting.

How can a team hold together it's inspiration, drive and desire for excellent if everyone working for it knows that their work is being funneled into and lost through Stroll? It's like Fender building a new guitar and sending it to Abu Hamza to try out.
      « Last Edit: Aug 02, 2022 05:17:07 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,412 posts | 2835 
      Reply #1187: Aug 02, 2022 07:37:46 pm
      What the F**k is going on at Alpine?!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #1188: Aug 02, 2022 08:33:16 pm
      What the f**k is going on at Alpine?!

Ha ha! Awkward to say the least!
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #1189: Aug 02, 2022 08:41:08 pm
      What the f**k is going on at Alpine?!

Ferrari deservedly gets a lot of stick for their strategy calls, but Alpine surely is the worst-run team in F1. There is a clear lack of leadership and vision. There is a reason Alonso didn't hesitate one second to leave, and their promising young driver is also trying to get away (I don't believe for one second McLaren would sign him on loan).

I thought Otmar Szafnauer coming in would help steady the ship, but it seems they only gave him limited powers. For example, he's not involved in contract negotiations, those are the purview of Laurent Rossi (Alpine CEO).

They are fu**ed...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1190: Aug 02, 2022 09:35:26 pm
      Surely Alonso is managerial or coaching for Drivers material he is the past not the future. I still dont fully get the funding for drivers does Alonso bring money with him ?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #1191: Aug 02, 2022 09:36:10 pm
      Ferrari deservedly gets a lot of stick for their strategy calls, but Alpine surely is the worst-run team in F1. There is a clear lack of leadership and vision. There is a reason Alonso didn't hesitate one second to leave, and their promising young driver is also trying to get away (I don't believe for one second McLaren would sign him on loan).

I thought Otmar Szafnauer coming in would help steady the ship, but it seems they only gave him limited powers. For example, he's not involved in contract negotiations, those are the purview of Laurent Rossi (Alpine CEO).

They are fu**ed...

Yeah, I'd back that. I can only guess it's a culture thing that suffocates them from ever doing anything decent not too dissimilar to Honda during their disastrous tenure after taking over BAR. I don't get Renault in f1 all the more bizarre when they were so awesome in the mid 00s. When they took over Benetton in 2001 they were lucky that it still contained the DNA and was not too distant from the days of Flavio, Brawn, Byrne and Schumacher. Getting Briatore back was a masterstroke as it brought back his extensive connections and, in fairness, his talent in just letting a very talented technical team get on with the job.

I feel they represent the struggles / differences of running an f1 team in today's world compared to even 15/20 years ago. Seems too  corporate, too much board room input from the highest level. It used to be that they just supplied the money and let the mavericks get on with the job. Those were the days.  8) (Granted, Singapore 2008 probably put an end to all that  >:D )
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1192: Aug 02, 2022 09:53:44 pm
      Piastri who was supposedly lined up by Alpine has said no not me I aint going there
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #1193: Aug 09, 2022 12:51:22 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Max is a fairly complete driver to me but it'll be interesting to see how he gets on when his growth is halted by a bad car. That'll be his biggest challenge in future.

We've already seen it, in his Toro Rosso days. People said he was a future World Champion then. Now he is. In his first season that he had a car to fight for the championship, he won it against someone going for his fifth in a row. He will be a double world champion in a couple of months.

Good to see Russell get his first pole in Hungary, catching everyone on the hop. He's been outstanding in that Merc this year. But Verstappen won from 10th on the grid at a track known for it's lack of overtaking. The title race is not as exciting for the neutrals as last year was, but that's his second title wrapped up already. 

If only the stewards were that competent. Another horrendous error of judgement in Hungary, this time deleting a qualifying lap from Perez, then having to reverse it, therefore wrecking his tyres and his session. Obviously the VAR system now in place had a word with dumb and dumber in the stewards room, and embarrassed them yet again.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #1194: Aug 09, 2022 01:04:01 pm
      We've already seen it, in his Toro Rosso days. People said he was a future World Champion then. Now he is. In his first season that he had a car to fight for the championship, he won it against someone going for his fifth in a row. He will be a double world champion in a couple of months.

Good to see Russell get his first pole in Hungary, catching everyone on the hop. He's been outstanding in that Merc this year. But Verstappen won from 10th on the grid at a track known for it's lack of overtaking. The title race is not as exciting for the neutrals as last year was, but that's his second title wrapped up already. 

If only the stewards were that competent. Another horrendous error of judgement in Hungary, this time deleting a qualifying lap from Perez, then having to reverse it, therefore wrecking his tyres and his session. Obviously the VAR system now in place had a word with dumb and dumber in the stewards room, and embarrassed them yet again.

Should have made that clear - for context when I say bad car I mean one that halts his development / downgrades from what he had before. I'm thinking Schumacher in the Ferrari 1996, Lewis in the 2009 McLaren. When expectation of world titles gets halted.

Stewards have been inconsistent this season but we all know they're cowards given that they let Michael Masi off for the crime of the century in Abu Dhabi with a pitiful ruling. I think we should be grateful that we haven't seen anything approaching the high stakes farce that Masi oversaw last season. He ruined one afternoon entirely (Belgium) and then couldn't help himself with miscall after miscall in the final few races of the season. It's an odd agenda on your part to think that this year is somehow worse.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #1195: Aug 09, 2022 01:09:52 pm
      He ruined one afternoon entirely (Belgium)

In fairness, I wonder how much of that decision was his and not the FIA/FOM.
      Running those 2 laps meant saving a lot of money for them...

Quick Reply