Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 5th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W10 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (4.7%)
      Joel Matip
      41 (64.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (4.7%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      14 (21.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.6%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Jan 01, 2022 09:55:13 pm

Leicester City 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19688 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,355 posts | 6395 
      Re: Leicester City 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Dec 28, 2021 10:39:41 pm
      I don't think all teams put up much of a fight against City, I said in a previous post they seem 'content' to almost write it off and gives gargantuan effort against the likes of us.

That does seem to happen and itā€™s very odd. Why teams roll over for them and not usā€¦..
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,582 posts | 1095 
      Reply #737: Dec 28, 2021 10:40:41 pm
      Thats spot on, he just stopped mentally, its his one weakness in my humble opinion

Hes just lazy in my opinion. Nothing mental about it. He doesn't track back, he doesn't bust a gut to get back in. Its why he doesn't get picked for that shower of a national team.

He needs a good dressing down ... on the pitch he should be getting torn a new one. Defensively he isn't good enough and worse that that in my eyes is he hasn't got the work ethic to improve that side of his game. Not like he hasn't got the talent to do it. He's just f**king lazy and I'm sick of it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #738: Dec 28, 2021 10:41:42 pm
      That does seem to happen and itā€™s very odd. Why teams roll over for them and not usā€¦..

We are the biggest scalp in the PLā€¦

Liverpool are always the team to beatā€¦
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,303 posts | 2846 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #739: Dec 28, 2021 10:43:09 pm
      I don't think all teams put up much of a fight against City, I said in a previous post they seem 'content' to almost write it off and gives gargantuan effort against the likes of us.

no thats the type of sh*te all fans use to try and excuse the team....city hit 6, 3 from set pieces v Leicester, in general they have several players who score and a more aggressive midfield in an attavking sense

Weve Mo on fire and Jota backing him at the minute, when that fails were in trouble for goals. And for what we havd at our disposal we should see more goals for the amount of corners we get per game
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,355 posts | 6395 
      Reply #740: Dec 28, 2021 10:44:17 pm
      Hes just lazy in my opinion. Nothing mental about it. He doesn't track back, he doesn't bust a gut to get back in. Its why he doesn't get picked for that shower of a national team.

He needs a good dressing down ... on the pitch he should be getting torn a new one. Defensively he isn't good enough and worse that that in my eyes is he hasn't got the work ethic to improve that side of his game. Not like he hasn't got the talent to do it. He's just f**king lazy and I'm sick of it.

I think thatā€™s harsh. Plenty of times Iā€™ve seen him put in a shift defensively. It was pretty obvious that Klopp wanted him getting forward and Iā€™m guessing he has license to be a little bit ā€œlazyā€ in favor of attack but today was uncharacteristically bad. It sucks but players have off days. Heā€™s still the best RB in the world for me.
      Don77

• 6,582 posts | 1095 
      Reply #741: Dec 28, 2021 10:44:37 pm

Because they know we have a soft centre and they also know we only have 3/4 players max who can score regularly. City have 9 or 10. Mo was off it tonight ... hes not a robot and nobody stepped upto the plate. Surprise surprise.

Teams know if they stick in we've got a Rick in us defensively and that includes the goalkeeper.

City are on another level to everyone else.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,303 posts | 2846 
      Reply #742: Dec 28, 2021 10:45:07 pm

Is lazyness not a sign of mentallity? I think it is, as in he can be changed by being told out straight to sort it or else
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,259 posts | 926 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #743: Dec 28, 2021 10:47:11 pm
      no thats the type of sh*te all fans use to try and excuse the team....city hit 6, 3 from set pieces v Leicester, in general they have several players who score and a more aggressive midfield in an attavking sense

Weve Mo on fire and Jota backing him at the minute, when that fails were in trouble for goals. And for what we havd at our disposal we should see more goals for the amount of corners we get per game

To right look at Henderson tonight how many volleys did he have ok not all great but none on target, Salam and Jota donā€™t score the weā€™re fu**ed
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #744: Dec 28, 2021 10:48:04 pm

We need to get over this myth the other one being their keeper has a worldly, just admit we were poor simple.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,303 posts | 2846 
      Reply #745: Dec 28, 2021 10:49:13 pm
      We need to get over this myth the other one being their keeper has a worldly, just admit we were poor simple.

😄😄 hang on I agree with the keepers one
      Don77

• 6,582 posts | 1095 
      Reply #746: Dec 28, 2021 10:51:44 pm
      I think thatā€™s harsh. Plenty of times Iā€™ve seen him put in a shift defensively. It was pretty obvious that Klopp wanted him getting forward and Iā€™m guessing he has license to be a little bit ā€œlazyā€ in favor of attack but today was uncharacteristically bad. It sucks but players have off days. Heā€™s still the best RB in the world for me.

I take your point mate ... but i dont agree sorry. He's lazy as far as I'm concerned. Robbo puts much more of a shift in defensively every week. Trent just strolls around and jogs back.

If as you say, JĆ¼rgen gives him license to be lazy then that's just as bad. But I dont believe that to be the case. Nobody is taking him to task for it. All nicey nicey maybe. If he was in my dressing room we'd have a problem because I'd be right in his face telling him how I see it. Time for some home truths I think. Even when it's him who loses the f**king ball he just jogs back. I've seen enough of it over the years.
      rossyred

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #747: Dec 28, 2021 10:52:05 pm
      Watching goal back think VVD could of made himself a bit bigger and got closer . Guarantee some of these no nonsense type defenders would have
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,355 posts | 1534 
      Reply #748: Dec 28, 2021 10:52:07 pm
      If the pen go led in I think we win. After that we were playing against 11 men behind the ball every time we tried to attack. Difficult to break down, especially as lily if youā€™re not prepared to shoot from 20-22 yds.
      They had plenty going forward when they got the ball down, but when we won it back, we were too slow to counter.
      I think before they scored, Trent went to close down the player with the ball. Hendo was behind but inside him and didnā€™t cover the ball down the line.
      Both to blame there.
      Motm for me, Joel.
      And itā€™s not over till itā€™s over.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #749: Dec 28, 2021 10:53:28 pm
      Safe to say we could to with Thiago on Sundayā€¦.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #750: Dec 28, 2021 10:53:29 pm
      It will be all over well before then. If city arnt champions by the time that game comes around there is every chance a win would clinch it.
      6 points behind. By the end of Jan I can see the gap being even greater and out of sight by end of February.

A depressing outlook yes ... but in my opinion a realistic one.

Come on mate we play them on the 9th April, it's extremely unlikely they'd have won the title with 7 games to spare. I don't think any side has done that in the history of the Premier League

We're certainly up against it and I wouldn't personally put a large sum of money on us winning the title at this point, but it's far from over yet. City travel to the Emirates on New Year's Day and host Chelsea a few days later so they've got a fairly difficult start to the new year. Again, it'll be some task but it's madness to call curtains with a six point gap and 19 points left to play
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #751: Dec 28, 2021 10:54:09 pm
      Good to see Klopp come out and say we werenā€™t good enough, decision making poor etc. Sometimes feel as though he tries to deflect a bad performance towards more of a positive spin on things. Hopefully this will be a big wake up call and the start of a long winning run again.
      In One
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • Iā€™m an arl arse
      Reply #752: Dec 28, 2021 10:55:10 pm
      To be honest weā€™ve been spoilt rotten so far this season with the amount of goals weā€™ve scored and some outstanding performances that it just becomes a natural knee jerk when we put in a performance like we just have. I was shakin me head thinking hang on is this the same team here. We will bounce back though but I would of still chinned every one of them as they came off and said yeh not getting yeh wages there lads yehs never put a shift in .
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,340 posts | 283 
      Reply #753: Dec 28, 2021 10:55:35 pm

That's my general opinion on a lot of teams that play City, believe me I'm not making excuses for performances like tonight that's completely on us, very little threat from the front three and Mane miss was a shocker
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #754: Dec 28, 2021 10:57:47 pm
      Really frustrating night. We seem to have half a dozen or so of these games each season where for whatever reason too many of our lads donā€™t show up. You can carry one, maybe two, but you canā€™t carry 8 or 9.

I thought Matip and tskmikas had good games, virgil and Trent did ok, and then the rest were poor in truth.

I was surprised ox got hooked. I donā€™t think he was particularly great or anything but I still thought he was the better of the three in the middle. He tried to clip a few balls over the top and was the only creative thing we had in the middle. Fabinho was really off it tonight and I was surprised Hendo wasnā€™t hooked much sooner too.  Got to say though naby was awful when he came on and Milner was just Milner, great at helping seeing games out but heā€™s not what you want when youā€™re chasing a goal.

The front three were huffing and puffing all night and Bobby should have been brought on much sooner.

3 points dropped against a sh*te Leicester team. We had the chances but didnā€™t take them. Very annoying.

Presumably city will go 9 clear after they play Brentford and I think thatā€™s too much to claw back despite having a game in hand.

In my opinion, and without being biased, weā€™re the best team in the league. When weā€™re performing at our absolute best then I donā€™t think anybody else can touch us. The problem is our style requires the opposition to leave gaps and spaces for it to be effective and thatā€™s why we see these games from time to time. We struggle to break down teams who put ten behind the ball and sit deep. Itā€™s why we signed thiago to offer that something different and boy did we miss him tonight.

Citys style is better playing the other teams in the league. They are extremely good at working the ball in tight areas and have about a million technical players. They put 6 past this sh*te Leicester team a couple of days ago. We just donā€™t have that.

But itā€™s why we will always do better than them in europe because generally you come up against top teams who want to play, therefore leaving the space for us to exploit and thatā€™s when weā€™re at our best.

Shambles tonight. Very frustrating. Gutted because my head is telling me we canā€™t catch city now.

Weā€™ve given ourselves a bit of a mountain to climb. But weā€™re liverpool and we never do it easy do we? Chelsea is an absolute must win.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,093 posts | 3445 
      Reply #755: Dec 28, 2021 11:00:25 pm
      Really frustrating night. We seem to have half a dozen or so of these games each season where for whatever reason too many of our lads donā€™t show up. You can carry one, maybe two, but you canā€™t carry 8 or 9.

I thought Matip and tskmikas had good games, virgil and Trent did ok, and then the rest were poor in truth.

I was surprised ox got hooked. I donā€™t think he was particularly great or anything but I still thought he was the better of the three in the middle. He tried to clip a few balls over the top and was the only creative thing we had in the middle. Fabinho was really off it tonight and I was surprised Hendo wasnā€™t hooked much sooner too.  Got to say though naby was awful when he came on and Milner was just Milner, great at helping seeing games out but heā€™s not what you want when youā€™re chasing a goal.

The front three were huffing and puffing all night and Bobby should have been brought on much sooner.

3 points dropped against a sh*te Leicester team. We had the chances but didnā€™t take them. Very annoying.

Presumably city will go 9 clear after they play Brentford and I think thatā€™s too much to claw back despite having a game in hand.

In my opinion, and without being biased, weā€™re the best team in the league. When weā€™re performing at our absolute best then I donā€™t think anybody else can touch us. The problem is our style requires the opposition to leave gaps and spaces for it to be effective and thatā€™s why we see these games from time to time. We struggle to break down teams who put ten behind the ball and sit deep. Itā€™s why we signed thiago to offer that something different and boy did we miss him tonight.

Citys style is better playing the other teams in the league. They are extremely good at working the ball in tight areas and have about a million technical players. They put 6 past this sh*te Leicester team a couple of days ago. We just donā€™t have that.

But itā€™s why we will always do better than them in europe because generally you come up against top teams who want to play, therefore leaving the space for us to exploit and thatā€™s when weā€™re at our best.

Shambles tonight. Very frustrating. Gutted because my head is telling me we canā€™t catch city now.

Weā€™ve given ourselves a bit of a mountain to climb. But weā€™re liverpool and we never do it easy do we? Chelsea is an absolute must win.

Very well said 👏 excellent summary
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,004 posts | 224 
      Reply #756: Dec 28, 2021 11:01:52 pm
      City play 2 times before we play again gap will only get wider.

Leister be letting in goal left a right all season from set pieces we were in double figures just on corners and we could not even get one.
      Don77

• 6,582 posts | 1095 
      Reply #757: Dec 28, 2021 11:06:06 pm
      You get a sense when Mo isn't on it. He's not a robot. Sadio looked on another planet all night and not in a good way. When these lads play well and score goals the team feeds off it.

It seems to me though that when they arnt on it ... and it was obvious to me from early on that was the case, the team basically looks at eachother and says ok who's gonna do it? We seem to lose our edge, our invincibility and belief and the whole cohesion and intensity of the performance suffers.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #758: Dec 28, 2021 11:09:16 pm
      In defence of Moā€¦

Itā€™s his first missed penalty in 4 years.. shame it was tonight..

Quick Reply