Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Luis Diaz (Porto)

Read 22228 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Re: Luis Diaz (Porto)
      Reply #138: Jan 28, 2022 05:06:18 pm
      Confused.

FSG didn’t have any money last week and only signed players when we sold them.

But now this deal looks done and it has nothing to do with anybody leaving? Where has that money been until now then? 

And apparently thiago was signed 12 months prior to gini leaving because FSG are always prepared in advance and run the club amazingly, but if salah does actually go and we don’t bring anybody in, will those people then change their minds and say diaz was the replacement? Probably.

So many contradictions confuses me but anyway, great signing. Nobody was ever asking for an mbappe or for the club to spend 9billion but just this lad coming in alone, for a relatively small fee in today’s world, makes us so much stronger.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,197 posts | 3477 
      Reply #139: Jan 28, 2022 05:11:46 pm
      Confused.

FSG didn’t have any money last week and only signed players when we sold them.

But now this deal looks done and it has nothing to do with anybody leaving? Where has that money been then until now then? 

And apparently thiago was signed 12 months prior to gini leaving because FSG are always prepared n advanced and run the club amazingly, but if salah does actually go and we don’t bring anybody in, will those people then change their minds and say diaz was the replacement? Probably.

So many contradictions confuses me but anyway, great signing. Nobody was ever asking for an mbappe or for the club to spend 9billion but just this lad coming in alone, for a relatively small fee in today’s world, makes us so much stronger.

I don’t think anyone has ever said that

The club didn’t have any money

Or that we only bought players when we sold them

People constantly cry and complain about FSG not backing the manager blah blah blah

And then when the club goes out and buys a player instead of just being happy a player that the club wants is arriving there has to be lots of cheap digs aimed at people

He is a very talented player that was prob arriving in the summer - they have gone early for the reasons a number have stated - just enjoy the signing instead of getting a crystal ball out to pre judge 🙄

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #140: Jan 28, 2022 05:15:39 pm

I don’t think anyone has ever said that

The club didn’t have any money

Or that we only bought players when we sold them

People constantly cry and complain about FSG not backing the manager blah blah blah

And then when the club goes out and buys a player instead of just being happy a player that the club wants is arriving there has to be lots of cheap digs aimed at people

He is a very talented player that was prob arriving in the summer - they have gone early for the reasons a number have stated - just enjoy the signing instead of getting a crystal ball out to pre judge 🙄

You’ve said both those things actually.

The club only ever spends what it makes and you’ve specifically mentioned player sales.

And you’ve also said thiago was signed 12 months previous as a replacement for gini.

So is diaz a replacement for salah or not? If you don’t think he is that’s fine. But don’t come back in 6 months time if salah leaves and say he was when you’re showing your strange obsessive support for FSG.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,197 posts | 3477 
      Reply #141: Jan 28, 2022 05:22:33 pm
      You’ve said both those things actually.

Never said the club have no money ?

The club only ever spends what it makes and you’ve specifically mentioned player sales.

Yes it spends what it makes and that includes players sales - again doesn’t mean that they only buy when they sell

And you’ve also said thiago was signed 12 months previous as a replacement for gini.

How is that relevant to Diaz arriving ?

So is diaz a replacement for salah or not? If you don’t think he is that’s fine. But don’t come back in 6 months time if salah leaves and say he was when you’re showing your strange obsessive support for FSG.

I think he is a replacement for Mane who will leave in the summer which has been stated by a number of people

As for being obsessive about FSG - you are the one that’s mentioned them twice

Can you not just enjoy the fact a very talented player is arriving at the club
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #142: Jan 28, 2022 05:24:18 pm

And maybe Nat Phillips ... 20 mil bid from Newcastle coming soon.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,197 posts | 3477 
      Reply #143: Jan 28, 2022 05:26:26 pm

Got to find space in the Non HG list and Taki and Origi will be players that teams want

If either don’t leave then suspect Adrian will be removed
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #144: Jan 28, 2022 05:32:05 pm
      Got to find space in the Non HG list and Taki and Origi will be players that teams want

If either don’t leave then suspect Adrian will be removed

Yea we can free up a non HG with the keeper. Actually forgot about that.

Even so one of the forwards at least will be off as there's no sense keeping all those players on the books.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #145: Jan 28, 2022 05:33:29 pm
      Never said the club have no money ?

Yes it spends what it makes and that includes players sales - again doesn’t mean that they only buy when they sell

How is that relevant to Diaz arriving ?

I think he is a replacement for Mane who will leave in the summer which has been stated by a number of people

As for being obsessive about FSG - you are the one that’s mentioned them twice

Can you not just enjoy the fact a very talented player is arriving at the club

You say repeatedly the club only ever spends what it earns. Since FSG have been here, almost twelve years now, our spending has been low.  So using your logic, I’ve asked you a dozen times or so, do you not agree that the club is being poorly ran as we clearly make no money, and you still haven’t answered.

It’s relevant to diaz arriving because you say things as and when to suit your agenda. Today diaz is an addition, a great coup by FSG, and they’ve proven everybody wrong and they’re great.  Yet, if salah leaves in six months and we get a hefty fee and we don’t sign anybody to replace him, you will 100% definitely be on here saying diaz was his replacement.

I’m not obsessed with FSG mate, I’m just confused with people’s contradictions. I think 80-90% of your posts will have something to do with FSG whereas mine probably 10%. I mention them briefly and here you are. You can’t help yourself.

As for being happy, I’m absolutely made up. Think it’s a great signing and it puts us in a much better position. Shame we couldn’t have made our signings in the summer to go into this season full strength and who knows maybe we would be leading the table by now if we had, but as I say, we had no money a few months ago did we. Henry must have put ten dollars on a 3,700,000/1 horse.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,089 posts | 2118 
      Reply #146: Jan 28, 2022 05:34:39 pm
      Must the pro FSG v anti FSG debates carry on in EVERY thread??

It's F***ing pathetic.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #147: Jan 28, 2022 05:38:34 pm
      Wouldn't you know. Another one from the herd of clowns comes over and turns this into another FSG thread. Bravo.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,197 posts | 3477 
      Reply #148: Jan 28, 2022 05:41:25 pm
      You say repeatedly the club only ever spends what it earns. Since FSG have been here, almost twelve years now, our spending has been low.  So using your logic, I’ve asked you a dozen times or so, do you not agree that the club is being poorly ran as we clearly make no money, and you still haven’t answered.

We have spent since they arrived around ÂŁ1bn in players , since Klopp arrived it will be around ÂŁ600mil on players - how the hell did the club manage that if they make no money 🙄

I believe the club is being run very well to be able to buy the players they have done and pay the wages they do

I’m staggered that spending ÂŁ1bn on players is considered low 🙄

It’s relevant to diaz arriving because you say things as and when to suit your agenda. Today diaz is an addition, a great coup by FSG, and they’ve proven everybody wrong and they’re great.  Yet, if salah leaves in six months and we get a hefty fee and we don’t sign anybody to replace him, you will 100% definitely be on here saying diaz was his replacement.

I’m not obsessed with FSG mate, I’m just confused with people’s contradictions. I think 80-90% of your posts will have something to do with FSG whereas mine probably 10%. I mention them briefly and here you are. You can’t help yourself.

As for being happy, I’m absolutely made up. Think it’s a great signing and it puts us in a much better position. Shame we couldn’t have made our signings in the summer to go into this season full strength and who knows maybe we would be leading the table by now if we had, but as I say, we had no money a few months did we. Henry must have put ten dollars on a 3,700,000/1 horse.

It amazing that people like you say I’m obsessed with FSG yet on a thread about a new signing you’re going on about them

I can only go by what I think and that is Diaz is Mane’s replacement- that doesn’t mean it’s correct and if Salah goes and Mane stays then the club see him as Salahs replacement but it’s all pathetic hypothetical sh*te to try and find something to cry about

Take a look in the mirror pal and see how you’re embarrassing yourself - you’re like that Corbally bloke on Twitter - got to find something to cry and be negative about.

It’s a thread about a very talented player arriving into the club and yet you’re crying on about the owners - take a day off
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,197 posts | 3477 
      Reply #149: Jan 28, 2022 05:43:30 pm

Even so one of the forwards at least will be off as there's no sense keeping all those players on the books.

Yeah agree - guess will depend on if they are happy with no having a senior third keeper there just incase

Think though Minamino is the one they can sell
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #150: Jan 28, 2022 05:44:39 pm

I'm all for Adrian leaving, but up front we really do not need 7 players so i expect one of Taki and Big Div to go. They have a combined 11 appearances in the league, and now would get pushed a spot further down in the depth chart so basically all they have to look forward to is FA Cup for some game time.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,709 posts | 895 
      Reply #151: Jan 28, 2022 05:44:40 pm
      Must the pro FSG v anti FSG debates carry on in EVERY thread??

It's f**king pathetic.

Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #152: Jan 28, 2022 05:44:56 pm
      I'm surprised and delighted by this assuming it goes through. At long last we have two high quality rotational options ... I just hope it doesn't mean we have plans to let Sadio go. We can't do that surely?

Thinking about it the only position on the pitch we don't have great cover for is right back. It's the strongest squad we've had since...and assembled so astutely.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,403 posts | 6408 
      Reply #153: Jan 28, 2022 05:46:30 pm

It amazing that people like you say I’m obsessed with FSG yet on a thread about a new signing you’re going on about them
      Yea but truthfully, if you don't bite on his post, then it ends there and it doesn't clogg up the thread. So you are basically proving his point because you can't just let it go and ignore posts that are (rightfully or wrongly) critical of FSG.

I can only go by what I think and that is Diaz is Mane’s replacement- that doesn’t mean it’s correct and if Salah goes and Mane stays then the club see him as Salahs replacement but it’s all pathetic hypothetical sh*te to try and find something to cry about
      I tend to agree that this kid looks like a replacement for Mane. Be nice to keep them both, but I think it's telling there's not been a word about renewing Mane (or Firmino). Which tells me that Jota may have already been penciled in to take Firmino's spot as well.

Take a look in the mirror pal and see how you’re embarrassing yourself - you’re like that Corbally bloke on Twitter - got to find something to cry and be negative about.
      But the fact that you respond means that it descends into the same old tired discussion. Just throwing this out there, maybe just once, don't rush to FSG's "aid" and see what happens. Maybe the post just sits there, no responses and it doesn't really cloud up the thread. Just a thought.

It’s a thread about a very talented player arriving into the club and yet you’re crying on about the owners - take a day off
      There's an old saying, "it takes two to tango" and you two are dancing your asses of right now. :)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4593 
      Reply #154: Jan 28, 2022 05:48:01 pm
      Don’t think anyone has said that

You have, in the past you have posted saying no club will want sell their quality players in Jan…

You’ve also posted that clubs hands were forced to act now due to the interest from other clubs.. ie: Spurs & United…

I’m
      Glad we have reacted to help Klopp achieve our targeted silverware…
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #155: Jan 28, 2022 05:48:26 pm
      We have spent since they arrived around ÂŁ1bn in players , since Klopp arrived it will be around ÂŁ600mil on players - how the hell did the club manage that if they make no money 🙄

I believe the club is being run very well to be able to buy the players they have done and pay the wages they do

I’m staggered that spending ÂŁ1bn on players is considered low 🙄

You didn’t have to reply but you did. If anybody mentions FSG you can’t help yourself but get involved. 80-90%.

Ok so you’re confirming you don’t think Diaz is an addition but in fact one of either mane or salah is going - that’s fine.  So then arguably, we’re still one decent player short up top then. Diaz, Jota, Bobby and either mane or salah to cover three positions.  Pftt.

rossyred

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #156: Jan 28, 2022 05:51:10 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #157: Jan 28, 2022 05:51:13 pm
      So we went from first link to deal done in what, 18 hours?

When will people learn......

That’s why I think people like James Pearce are a complete joke. They are constantly reporting stuff from what “inside sources” or whatever are saying but in actual fact they haven’t got the slightest clue. All January the likes of him have been saying it will be a quiet window, don’t expect any arrivals etc and then once again made to look an idiot by being completely wrong.

Unless a leak comes from outside the club, Such as Christian Falk knowing about us signing Thiago (again something Pearce was flat out denying), then any transfer dealings will be kept behind the scenes until the process of the transfer is well underway.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,197 posts | 3477 
      Reply #158: Jan 28, 2022 05:51:44 pm
      You have, in the past you have posted saying no club will want sell their quality players in Jan…

You’ve also posted that clubs hands were forced to act now due to the interest from other clubs.. ie: Spurs & United…

I’m
      Glad we have reacted to help Klopp achieve our targeted silverware…

Clubs will be reluctant to let their best players leave - even more so in the middle of the season  but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible

And yes I think the club moved because of the bid from Spurs
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,197 posts | 3477 
      Reply #159: Jan 28, 2022 05:54:08 pm
      You didn’t have to reply but you did. If anybody mentions FSG you can’t help yourself but get involved. 80-90%.

Ok so you’re confirming you don’t think Diaz is an addition but in fact one of either mane or salah is going - that’s fine.  So then arguably, we’re still one decent player short up top then. Diaz, Jota, Bobby and either mane or salah to cover three positions.  Pftt.

Yes I think he is a replacement

You appear to be forgetting some players

Which will leave us with

Mo
      Jota
      Bobby
      Diaz
      Origi
      Gordon

After the summer

And for the rest of the season

Mo
      Jota
      Mane
      Diaz
      Origi/Minamino
      Bobby
      Gordon

We will have minimum 6 forwards for 3 positions
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4593 
      Reply #160: Jan 28, 2022 05:54:56 pm
      Clubs will be reluctant to let their best players leave - even more so in the middle of the season  but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible

And yes I think the club moved because of the bid from Spurs
      & that’s the problem, we only reacted because of the Spurs interest.. otherwise we would have continued to run Mane, Salah & Bobby into the ground & still expect them
      To be constant in their performance..

Now go out & get Bellingham because our midfield is crying out for him..

Quick Reply