Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 91310 times
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,883 posts | 421 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #1449: Apr 29, 2024 11:16:49 am
      Núñez final ball is not hopeless

It’s actually one of his better attributes hence why I believe he has more assists over the season across all competitions than anyone else in the squad

13 and then it’s Mo with 12

He'd have even more assists if shots against the post that are rebounded in off someone else counted too.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6390 
      Reply #1450: Apr 29, 2024 01:08:24 pm
      Why does he always smash the ball hard instead of placing it ? I don't understand ? He would've scored half of his chance if he just placed the ball. Someone from our coaching staff need to tell him that placing the ball is better than power inside the box

Maybe you should get in touch with him and let him know. It seems you know everything about how to coach a striker.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 864 posts | 170 
      Reply #1451: Apr 29, 2024 01:24:23 pm
      Maybe you should get in touch with him and let him know. It seems you know everything about how to coach a striker.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,710 posts | 151 
      Reply #1452: Apr 29, 2024 04:42:28 pm

This is basic things you don't need to be a coach to realise this. Anyone with basic football knowledge would've picked up on that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6390 
      Reply #1453: Apr 29, 2024 04:55:18 pm
      This is basic things you don't need to be a coach to realise this. Anyone with basic football knowledge would've picked up on that.

So Darwin doesn’t have basic football knowledge then?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1454: Apr 30, 2024 12:18:40 am
      His goals from outside the box or around it makes him a good option on the wing plus he assists his teammates.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1455: Apr 30, 2024 03:46:33 am
      He'd have even more assists if shots against the post that are rebounded in off someone else counted too.

Think the commentator mentioned during the game that he has hit the side or crossbar 9 times this Season. Most of anyone in the League.

There's 9 more goals he could have had!

You just wonder where that would have put us, but at the same time you realize so many other sh*t things happened during the Season, all combining to frustrate the F**k out of us!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,558 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1456: Apr 30, 2024 06:47:01 am
      Big man is same as most of squad, confidence is gone.

That it, nothing more sinister than that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1457: Apr 30, 2024 06:58:35 am
      Big man is same as most of squad, confidence is gone.

That it, nothing more sinister than that.

Is it his confidence though Brez? As an opposing fan I’m always happy to see Nunez on the bench when United play you lot because he still frightens me with his abilities. He’s certainly no No 9 anymore ( if that’s what he was ) and should play in what I think his strongest position on the left flanks.

It’s been two years now so the excuse eventually will wear thin with fan’s frustration with him missing so many good opportunities. I do think he’s got something missing between the sticks though, by that I mean between the ears I have to say. The whole thing with missing so many chances just doesn’t add up and can’t think of any more reasons why  now. For me he will always go down as an enigma at your club. There’s no question he has world class moments, just not world class finishes.

Think I’d keep him one more season, especially if Salah does go which maybe unlikely now if what we read in media true.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,558 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1458: Apr 30, 2024 07:10:26 am
      Is it his confidence though Brez? As an opposing fan I’m always happy to see Nunez on the bench when United play you lot because he still frightens me with his abilities. He’s certainly no No 9 anymore ( if that’s what he was ) and should play in what I think his strongest position on the left flanks.

It’s been two years now so the excuse eventually will wear thin with fan’s frustration with him missing so many good opportunities. I do think he’s got something missing between the sticks though, by that I mean between the ears I have to say. The whole thing with missing so many chances just doesn’t add up and can’t think of any more reasons why  now. For me he will always go down as an enigma at your club. There’s no question he has world class moments, just not world class finishes.

Think I’d keep him one more season, especially if Salah does go which maybe unlikely now if what we read in media true.

Tbh. Mate I can't be bothered looking deeper into it.

Everything was going great until your lot stole the FA cup game. That knocked the stuffing out the squads confidence, not been the same since then.

That includes Nunez, we was on track to get over 20 goals, and he actually has more assists than Salah.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,558 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1459: Apr 30, 2024 09:22:54 am
      Love how every football fan from other clubs have an opinion on Nunez. Bolt ya rockets I couldn't even name most of the crap players from other shitehawk teams. L o l
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1460: Apr 30, 2024 11:19:32 am
      Tbh. Mate I can't be bothered looking deeper into it.

Everything was going great until your lot stole the FA cup game. That knocked the stuffing out the squads confidence, not been the same since then.

That includes Nunez, we was on track to get over 20 goals, and he actually has more assists than Salah.

Yeah I noticed that. The two United games definitely took the wind out of your sail for sure, not that I’m complaining. 😂  The signs were there though when you were salvaging wins against poor opponents.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1461: Apr 30, 2024 11:20:11 am
      Love how every football fan from other clubs have an opinion on Nunez. Bolt ya rockets I couldn't even name most of the crap players from other shitehawk teams. L o l

We’ve got plenty in our squad. 🤢😂

Quick Reply