Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)

Read 59569 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)
      Reply #736: Apr 24, 2024 10:39:34 pm
      For all his faults recently the only time I think something might happen going forward is when he is on the ball.

Would keep him for another season for sure.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 182 
      Reply #737: Apr 25, 2024 12:56:45 am
      Heā€™s received a fair amount of stick in his time here, mostly unwarranted from knucklehead ā€œfansā€ (feel like Iā€™ve been using that word in inverted a lot lately) but there are plenty of games where Iā€™s wish we had 11 Luchoā€™s on the pitch, tonight being 1.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #738: Apr 25, 2024 09:13:51 am
      Heā€™s received a fair amount of stick in his time here, mostly unwarranted from knucklehead ā€œfansā€ (feel like Iā€™ve been using that word in inverted a lot lately) but there are plenty of games where Iā€™s wish we had 11 Luchoā€™s on the pitch, tonight being 1.

Again, you've fallen for Diaz's 'magic trick' - he can run and burst through all he wants but all that does is expose even more just what a complete dunderhead he is in the final third. Can't pass, won't pass, can't shoot, won't shoot. Enjoy selling your 6% shot conversion rate to Real Madrid and Barca 'Lucho'. You're having a laugh.

F***ing charlatan.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 182 
      Reply #739: Apr 25, 2024 09:18:27 am
      Again, you've fallen for Diaz's 'magic trick' - he can run and burst through all he wants but all that does is expose even more just what a complete dunderhead he is in the final third. Can't pass, won't pass, can't shoot, won't shoot. Enjoy selling your 6% shot conversion rate to Real Madrid and Barca 'Lucho'. You're having a laugh.

F***ing charlatan.

Ok.

I'd still have rather seen 11 Diaz's on that pitch last night.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #740: Apr 25, 2024 09:20:07 am
      Ok.

I'd still have rather seen 11 Diaz's on that pitch last night.

11 headless chickens it is. If we rate Diaz, he'd be the sort of player to turn up as MOTM against a Man City. Instead he's the 'best' in a 2-0 defeat against relegation fodder. That's not a benchmark at all.

At the end of the day, he still failed to assist or score last night, thus continuing his pattern of uselessness.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 182 
      Reply #741: Apr 25, 2024 09:25:50 am
      11 headless chickens it is. If we rate Diaz, he'd be the sort of player to turn up as MOTM against a Man City. Instead he's the 'best' in a 2-0 defeat against relegation fodder. That's not a benchmark at all.

At the end of the day, he still failed to assist or score last night, thus continuing his pattern of uselessness.

The irony here is he was unplayable against City in the home game and arguably our MOTM, tore them to shreds albeit the finishing let him down more than once.

The best player in a 2-0 loss yet his deficiencies still comes under scrutiny when he was the least of our problems last night.

Won't pass? He set up Salah on a plate 10 yards from goal and he passed it back to Prickford.
      Won't shoot? With a bit of luck the effort he smashed off the post goes in off it instead of bouncing back out.
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2024 10:03:41 am by The-AllMightyReds »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #742: Apr 25, 2024 10:14:28 am
      The irony here is he was unplayable against City in the home game and arguably our MOTM, tore them to shreds albeit the finishing let him down more than once.

The best player in a 2-0 loss yet his deficiencies still comes under scrutiny when he was the least of our problems last night.

Won't pass? He set up Salah on a plate 10 yards from goal and he passed it back to Prickford.
      Won't shoot? With a bit of luck the effort he smashed off the post goes in off it instead of bouncing back out.

It was my understanding that a shot onto the post is still a shot off target.

'Tore Man City to shreds'. That's a novel way of looking at a display where he shat himself in front of goal three times, meaning we dropped two points because of him. If he was the man for that level he'd have shown it right there and then. But he didn't.

Is he Aaron Lennon in disguise?
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Reply #743: Apr 25, 2024 10:22:08 am

What is this dude

We need a clear out and itā€™s obvious

What is the term unplayable in football ? He was playable, thatā€™s the whole point as to why he is a spurs player and needs to be sold

Too many here are wanting to back and keep mediocrity and itā€™s coming to the point where Iā€™m starting to think people have lost perspective

Football is about winning

Itā€™s about scoring goals and not conceding

Thatā€™s it

The bonus on top is a team that is good on the eye

Diaz is in no F***ing way unplayable my guy, you know why? Because all you have to do is let him play and he canā€™t pass or finish for sh*t under a bit of pressure

We must do better and Edwardā€™s needs to fix this mess as thatā€™s part of his job now

We must go back to what made us the champions of Europe, we must go back to what made us champions of England.

I get people like lallana canā€™t see it because they only look to argue and not use logic even though they back fsg with their lives but we need their transfer system back

Diaz will not win you titles, simple as that

Nor will Nunez or gapko for that matter

Salah is near the end too

Tore Man City to shreds? he accomplished nothing in that game

Fsg and their transfer system was correct, I still think they should spend more but I was wrong to criticise them, and the recent buys has shown that

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Reply #744: Apr 25, 2024 10:23:12 am

'Tore Man City to shreds'. That's a novel way of looking at a display where he shat himself in front of goal three times, meaning we dropped two points because of him. If he was the man for that level he'd have shown it right there and then. But he didn't.

Thatā€™s it! I was thinking of who he reminds me of, he is literally Aaron Lennon in 2024. Can run but has no end product

He is a proper spurs player Diaz
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3463 
      Reply #745: Apr 25, 2024 10:26:40 am
      What is this dude

We need a clear out and itā€™s obvious

What is the term unplayable in football ? He was playable, thatā€™s the whole point as to why he is a spurs player and needs to be sold

Too many here are wanting to back and keep mediocrity and itā€™s coming to the point where Iā€™m starting to think people have lost perspective

Football is about winning

Itā€™s about scoring goals and not conceding

Thatā€™s it

The bonus on top is a team that is good on the eye

Diaz is in no F***ing way unplayable my guy, you know why? Because all you have to do is let him play and he canā€™t pass or finish for sh*t under a bit of pressure

We must do better and Edwardā€™s needs to fix this mess as thatā€™s part of his job now

We must go back to what made us the champions of Europe, we must go back to what made us champions of England.

I get people like lallana canā€™t see it because they only look to argue and not use logic even though they back fsg with their lives but we need their transfer system back

Diaz will not win you titles, simple as that

Nor will Nunez or gapko for that matter

Salah is near the end too

Tore Man City to shreds? he accomplished nothing in that game

Fsg and their transfer system was correct, I still think they should spend more but I was wrong to criticise them, and the recent buys has shown that

Itā€™s amazing how someone with a name ā€œKeep the faithā€ has the ability to overreact and throw the toys about
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 182 
      Reply #746: Apr 25, 2024 10:28:46 am
      Sometimes I think we'd be better off bringing in some Saudi owners, buying Mbappe Vini Kane and be done with it.

Football wins and the fans get what they want.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      Reply #747: Apr 25, 2024 10:29:28 am
      I know he needs to take his chances, but someone who is running around giving his all for the team, taking players on, and creating space for others is not the person to be digging out at this time. If not for Diaz there would have been no attacking element to our play last night. None at all!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #748: Apr 25, 2024 10:31:30 am
      Actually thought he did ok last night, one of the only few who was actually trying to do something.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3463 
      Reply #749: Apr 25, 2024 10:31:51 am
      Sometimes I think we'd be better off bringing in some Saudi owners, buying Mbappe Vini Kane and be done with it.

F**k that , not sellling the soul of the club to blood money just to get more money in
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Reply #750: Apr 25, 2024 10:32:15 am
      I know he needs to take his chances, but someone who is running around giving his all for the team, taking players on, and creating space for others is not the person to be digging out at this time. If not for Diaz there would have been no attacking element to our play last night. None at all!

So he scores around 7-8 percent of his chances

What threat attacking threat

Nah, rather an owner who invests just a little
      More and a proper transfer system to spend money wisely
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 182 
      Reply #751: Apr 25, 2024 10:32:23 am

Your understanding is correct but not every shot off target is a poor attempt, just like every shot on target  isn't a good attempt, he had another shot which was saved by Pickford which was the poorer of the 2 efforts.

You must be real proud to call yourself a fan coming in this thread and shitting on the best player last night, give your head a wobble.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      Reply #752: Apr 25, 2024 10:34:03 am
      So he scores around 7-8 percent of his chances

Well for starters he hit the woodwork which could have led to a simple tap in or it bouncing in. If that's not an attacking threat I don't know what is.

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Reply #753: Apr 25, 2024 10:34:07 am
      Your understanding is correct but not every shot off target is a poor attempt, just like every shot on target  isn't a good attempt, he had another shot which was saved by Pickford which was the poorer of the 2 efforts.

You must be real proud to call yourself a fan coming in this thread and shitting on the best player last night, give your head a wobble.

Iā€™m so tired of people saying people are not fans for wanting better quality players

Itā€™s such a straw man argument my guy, I expect that giga c**t lallana to do that alongside my name when he knows heā€™s wrong

Iā€™m
      Not having a go at your personally but I struggle to see how people canā€™t understand we need better to win titles
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Reply #754: Apr 25, 2024 10:35:44 am
      Well for starters he hit the woodwork which could have led to a simple tap in or it bouncing in. If that's not an attacking threat I don't know what is.

If? If he buried his chances he would be our main guy

But guess what, he rarely does

Itā€™s lucky when he does score and the stats show that

We need better to be winning titles and winning is what matters

We are literally becoming spurs with some comments in seeing on here ffs

Where is your winning mentality my guy
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 182 
      Reply #755: Apr 25, 2024 10:37:01 am
      Iā€™m so tired of people saying people are not fans for wanting better quality players

Itā€™s such a straw man argument my guy, I expect that giga c**t lallana to do that alongside my name when he knows heā€™s wrong

Iā€™m
      Not having a go at your personally but I struggle to see how people canā€™t understand we need better to win titles

No problems with anyone saying they want better quality players, who F***ing doesn't?

But it's 1 thing to say that without getting your knickers in a twist in the post match thread and jumping straight in a players thread who happened to give his all and shitting all over him especially given what he's been through....that isn't being a supporter, that's being a F***ing coward.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,895 posts | 422 
      Reply #756: Apr 25, 2024 10:40:14 am
      We can argue about it all day. Diaz will still beat his first man get to the byline and hit it into the ankles of the covering defender or he'll cut inside and shoot and not score.

Argue all you will. It isn't changing.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Reply #757: Apr 25, 2024 10:45:16 am
      No problems with anyone saying they want better quality players, who F***ing doesn't?

But it's 1 thing to say that without getting your knickers in a twist in the post match thread and jumping straight in a players thread who happened to give his all and shitting all over him especially given what he's been through....that isn't being a supporter, that's being a F***ing coward.

So now we have to time our posts some donā€™t upset some users on here and if the timing is ok with them, then people are real supporters ? Or we have to use words that donā€™t upset them

Give me a break, absolutely bull sh*t ffs so soft

Criticising a player does not mean someone is a coward or not a supporter

Pathetic statement to make 

Those type of people who think that is what holds clubs back from winning titles

This is a sport, they are paid millions, itā€™s ok to want to win and bring in better quality players and be honest

Again such a strawman argument, so worried about judging others as supporters, maybe they should look in the mirror
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3463 
      Reply #758: Apr 25, 2024 10:46:12 am
      If? If he buried his chances he would be our main guy

But guess what, he rarely does

Itā€™s lucky when he does score and the stats show that

We need better to be winning titles and winning is what matters

We are literally becoming spurs with some comments in seeing on here ffs

Where is your winning mentality my guy

Becoming Spurs 😂