Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)

Read 59578 times
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Re: Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)
      Reply #759: Apr 25, 2024 10:48:47 am

Becoming Spurs 😂

Stop embarrassing yourself

Take a step back and breath

I removed you

You were correct about the system fsg had btw on transfers

I find it a little odd you don’t see how it’s gone wrong when we deviated from that

We need to bring it back, I’m done with discussing Aaron Lennon anyway

Let’s hope we get back to what made us amazing in the market in the past
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #760: Apr 25, 2024 11:23:45 am
      If? If he buried his chances he would be our main guy

But guess what, he rarely does

It’s lucky when he does score and the stats show that

We need better to be winning titles and winning is what matters

We are literally becoming spurs with some comments in seeing on here ffs

Where is your winning mentality my guy

Are you ok?

You were responding to my comment about him being the only attacking threat last night and then come up with this? I get sh*t hurts right now but Diaz wasn't the problem yesterday.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #761: Apr 25, 2024 11:27:14 am
      Not sure the pile on Diaz, been fantastic for us & our only threat last night, had the goal gone in then the game would have changed…
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Reply #762: Apr 25, 2024 11:29:26 am

Are you ok?

You were responding to my comment about him being the only attacking threat last night and then come up with this? I get sh*t hurts right now but Diaz wasn't the problem yesterday.

Yup

Re read your own quoted post bud

You’re talking about what ifs and that was my response based on

If his shot was in and so on
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,412 posts | 2835 
      Reply #763: Apr 25, 2024 11:31:49 am
      Probably the only player on our books who looks arsed right now.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 183 
      Reply #764: Apr 25, 2024 11:34:13 am
      So now we have to time our posts some don’t upset some users on here and if the timing is ok with them, then people are real supporters ? Or we have to use words that don’t upset them

Give me a break, absolutely bull sh*t ffs so soft

Criticising a player does not mean someone is a coward or not a supporter

Pathetic statement to make 

Those type of people who think that is what holds clubs back from winning titles

This is a sport, they are paid millions, it’s ok to want to win and bring in better quality players and be honest

Again such a strawman argument, so worried about judging others as supporters, maybe they should look in the mirror

TLDR.

Come back after you've gone for a walk.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4938 
      Reply #765: Apr 25, 2024 11:41:39 am
      Probably the only player on our books who looks arsed right now.

Just a pity he ain't that good.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #766: Apr 25, 2024 11:50:48 am
      Yup

Re read your own quoted post bud

You’re talking about what ifs and that was my response based on

If his shot was in and so on

But him having a shot that has hit the post is him contributing to our attacking play, that was my point. Nobody else yesterday got anywhere close to that amount of intent going forward.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 261 
      Reply #767: Apr 25, 2024 12:06:24 pm
      It's a team game. Of course Diaz is not Ronaldinho but he possess skills, speed, work rate and most importance fighting mentality.

With top quality clinical CF and smart/on the same wavelength front three/four and attacking mids in the team Diaz's ability will comeout much different.
      He is one of our attacking player I hope stay with the team next season.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #768: Apr 25, 2024 12:24:08 pm
      The irony here is he was unplayable against City in the home game and arguably our MOTM, tore them to shreds albeit the finishing let him down more than once.

The best player in a 2-0 loss yet his deficiencies still comes under scrutiny when he was the least of our problems last night.

Won't pass? He set up Salah on a plate 10 yards from goal and he passed it back to Prickford.
      Won't shoot? With a bit of luck the effort he smashed off the post goes in off it instead of bouncing back out.

I guess you assess players from YouTube highlight reels, with techno music blaring out to make it look as if he’s quality.

The fact of the matter is he’s not good enough for this club. He can’t press, he can’t offer anything in midfield, his link up play is atrocious and his ability to connect with the team is non existent. Our lack of control in midfield is partly down to him because he’s so brain addled that he’s nowhere near play in the defensive transition. Everything that he should be doing as I’ve noted here is everything Mane was exceptional at. That’s who he replaced and my god it’s a terrible downgrade on him. Diaz plays his own game, and running around like Shaun Wright Philips with about as much end product isn’t worthy enough.

His dad can continue touting him to Barca and Madrid for all I care, which is another thing, getting your family to put you in the shop window hardly screams commitment and dedication to Liverpool FC. For that reason, he hasn’t earned my support for him if he ultimately doesn’t care for the club. He’s not a Liverpool player. Where we were blessed with the likes of Mane, Firmino, Milner and Hendo who would run through brick walls and go to war for us, now we’re left with guys like Diaz who, rather than going to war for us, merely jumps out the trench into no man’s land, waving a wooden stick with his trousers around his ankles, running around in circles and flailing like a clown before retreating back into his trench.

Useless. And a couple of goals against useless teams does nothing to change my opinion of him. I mean, from Mane to this?
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2024 12:44:17 pm by Son Of A Gun »
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 183 
      Reply #769: Apr 25, 2024 12:29:06 pm
      I guess you assess players from YouTube highlight reels, with techno music blaring out to make it look as if he’s quality.

The fact of the matter is he’s not good enough for this club. He can’t press, he can’t offer anything in midfield, his link up play is atrocious and his ability to connect with the team is non existent. Our lack of control in midfield is partly down to him because he’s so f***in brain addled that he’s nowhere near play in the defensive transition. Everything that he should be doing as I’ve noted here is everything Mane was exceptional at. That’s who he replaced and my god it’s a terrible downgrade on him. Diaz plays his own game, and running around like Shaun Wright Philips with about as much end product isn’t worthy enough.

His dad can continue touting him to Barca and Madrid for all I care, which is another thing, getting your family to put you in the shop window hardly screams commitment and dedication to Liverpool FC. For that reason, he hasn’t earned my support for him if he ultimately doesn’t care for the club. He’s not a Liverpool player. Where we were blessed with the likes of Mane, Firmino, Milner and Hendo who would run through brick walls and go to war for us, now we’re left with guys like Diaz who, rather than going to war for us, merely jumps out the trench into no man’s land, waving a wooden stick with his trousers around his ankles, running around in circles and flailing like a clown before retreating back into his trench.

Useless. And a couple of goals against useless teams does nothing to change my opinion of him. I mean, from Mane to this? Ugh.

Classy.

Now do one.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 183 
      Reply #770: Apr 25, 2024 12:36:23 pm
      I'll leave this here, one picture that encapsulates it all. A picture that says 1000 words.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #771: Apr 25, 2024 10:08:04 pm
      I'll leave this here, one picture that encapsulates it all. A picture that says 1000 words.

Your point being? Klopp even gave Jordan Ibe a hug.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #772: Apr 25, 2024 10:12:42 pm
      We can argue about it all day. Diaz will still beat his first man get to the byline and hit it into the ankles of the covering defender or he'll cut inside and shoot and not score.

Argue all you will. It isn't changing.

The problem with those who think he is 'quality' (and he isn't - not by a long shot) are that they see him beat the first man and that's enough. Forget about the assist or the goal that should follow. Or choosing the right pass. All it takes is for him to beat the first man.

If you tolerate this...
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,604 posts | 750 
      Reply #773: Apr 25, 2024 10:18:00 pm
      Heads have gone. Now its all Diaz fault? ;D

Anyone notice we haven't kept a clean sheet in 8 league games?
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 183 
      Reply #774: Apr 26, 2024 01:55:49 am
      Your point being? Klopp even gave Jordan Ibe a hug.

It’s called support mate, which seems to be lost on you.

Go back to the roots and find what it truly means to support a team.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,895 posts | 423 
      Reply #775: Apr 26, 2024 08:17:07 am
      It’s called support mate, which seems to be lost on you.

Go back to the roots and find what it truly means to support a team.

I dont think it means pretend average and poor players are good ones
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,459 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #776: Apr 26, 2024 08:24:16 am
      The problem with those who think he is 'quality' (and he isn't - not by a long shot) are that they see him beat the first man and that's enough. Forget about the assist or the goal that should follow. Or choosing the right pass. All it takes is for him to beat the first man.

If you tolerate this...

Did he piss on your chips or something,  you seem to be obsessed by him.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,895 posts | 423 
      Reply #777: Apr 26, 2024 08:50:49 am

Every time he wastes a chance in a key moment of a key game he pisses on our chips.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #778: Apr 26, 2024 11:04:02 am

No - I just find it utterly bewildering that an obvious problem like Diaz who has squandered opportunity after opportunity and exposed us badly across the field is held up as one of our 'better players'. The fact is - he's not deserving of playing in a team of top 6 quality. Barely good enough at Europa League level as he's shown. He's indicative of the type of player who has come in over the last couple of years to replace far more esteemed individuals and promptly lowered our quality big time.

His signing was one hell of a bum note by Klopp and Lijnders. They should have left it to Edwards and the scouting department to source the players that worked so well for us for a good few years. Why that was broken I will never know and if rumours are to be believed it was why Edwards walked as the relationship got a bit fractious. If they had continued with their model then I'm sure we could have seen a continuation of the model that was Edwards and co identifying the ingredients and Klopp cooking it all up into a storm of a dish.

But that hasn't happened. Somewhere at some point things changed and for the worst. Why? God knows. Either way, the likes of Diaz will be seen as the El Hadj Diouf of Klopp's Liverpool career.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,459 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #779: Apr 26, 2024 11:23:18 am
      No - I just find it utterly bewildering that an obvious problem like Diaz who has squandered opportunity after opportunity and exposed us badly across the field is held up as one of our 'better players'. The fact is - he's not deserving of playing in a team of top 6 quality. Barely good enough at Europa League level as he's shown. He's indicative of the type of player who has come in over the last couple of years to replace far more esteemed individuals and promptly lowered our quality big time.

His signing was one hell of a bum note by Klopp and Lijnders. They should have left it to Edwards and the scouting department to source the players that worked so well for us for a good few years. Why that was broken I will never know and if rumours are to be believed it was why Edwards walked as the relationship got a bit fractious. If they had continued with their model then I'm sure we could have seen a continuation of the model that was Edwards and co identifying the ingredients and Klopp cooking it all up into a storm of a dish.

But that hasn't happened. Somewhere at some point things changed and for the worst. Why? God knows. Either way, the likes of Diaz will be seen as the El Hadj Diouf of Klopp's Liverpool career.

To compare him to diouf is frankly ludicrous.  I'm sure if you look at his stats at Porto , that would have made him a very attractive prospect. On Edwards his return is being treated like the second coming. I'm sure he's very good at his job but I remember his early days when he got plenty of clog on here for some signings. Just looked on Wikipedia and he doesn't seem to score many goals.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 183 
      Reply #780: Apr 26, 2024 11:56:51 am
      Either way, the likes of Diaz will be seen as the El Hadj Diouf of Klopp's Liverpool career.

That's what you'd expect a WUM to say.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #781: Apr 26, 2024 11:57:08 am
      To compare him to diouf is frankly ludicrous.  I'm sure if you look at his stats at Porto , that would have made him a very attractive prospect. On Edwards his return is being treated like the second coming. I'm sure he's very good at his job but I remember his early days when he got plenty of clog on here for some signings. Just looked on Wikipedia and he doesn't seem to score many goals.

I don't mean as a player / personality but more that he's indicative of a decline / downgrade in signing that has pushed us down a level. Diaz is a thousand times the human being that Diouf will ever be.

Edwards isn't the second coming and the reality with his job is that he needs a great manager to make him look good as Klopp did. But on the flipside, he got the right players that Klopp was able to fashion into something remarkable. It was a perfect balance.

Quick Reply