Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)

Read 59584 times
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,895 posts | 423 
      Re: Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)
      Reply #598: Mar 10, 2024 11:17:33 pm
      Far far, far worst.

Just look at the long list we had before Mane.......likes of Borini Jovanovic Cole Babel Riera Moses Assaidi Markovic. Even add Bellamy in there as he wasn't as good as Diaz is showing.

Short memories and that.

Oh we've had a lot worse mate.

I dont think that means a team that wants to win titles should keep him though.

Certainly not as a starting player.

Those players you mentioned were playing when our ambitions were a lot lower... and all of them got loved on quite quickly.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 302 
      Reply #599: Mar 10, 2024 11:23:51 pm
      He's played a lot of minutes in the last month and he keeps running constantly in every game, from minute 1 to the end. Obviously he missed a few good opportunities today but he kept going and never stopped trying. Did a lot of good things today.

He's had a very difficult season off the pitch but he gives 100% every time he plays. IMO fans should not  be criticising him.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1222 
      Reply #600: Mar 10, 2024 11:24:40 pm
      Far far, far worst.

Just look at the long list we had before Mane.......likes of Borini Jovanovic Cole Babel Riera Moses Assaidi Markovic. Even add Bellamy in there as he wasn't as good as Diaz is showing.

Short memories and that.

Light years ahead of most of the sh*te we've had before. If he was just a bit more clinical and productive he would be a great player.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #601: Mar 11, 2024 12:07:34 am
      Light years ahead of most of the sh*te we've had before. If he was just a bit more clinical and productive he would be a great player.
      Being better than any on that list shouldn't be the objective, nor is it. He's certainly more talented than those mentioned, but like others said, those guys played in a different time. Standards are much greater now.

I will not question the kids work rate. He gives it his all and works his ass off. But he doesn't finish well and his game doesn't seem to be conducive to how we usually play. Lot of one v ones and ignores the overlapping runs and cuts in and looks to take it on his own. Instead of stretching the D, he often narrows our attack and runs in to trouble.

Just think we can do better
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 183 
      Reply #602: Mar 11, 2024 12:16:25 am
      Oh we've had a lot worse mate.

I dont think that means a team that wants to win titles should keep him though.

Certainly not as a starting player.

Those players you mentioned were playing when our ambitions were a lot lower... and all of them got loved on quite quickly.

So who out there would do better in his place or is more deserving of being labelled a starting calibre for a title winning side? Doku? Grealish? Martinelli? Trossard?

Our ambitions in the summer were never to be in a title race, but after 28 games we find ourselves joint top with him as a mainstay in the side.....
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #603: Mar 11, 2024 01:45:01 am

So who out there would do better in his place or is more deserving of being labelled a starting calibre for a title winning side? Doku? Grealish? Martinelli? Trossard?

Our ambitions in the summer were never to be in a title race, but after 28 games we find ourselves joint top with him as a mainstay in the side.....
      Jota. But he's hurt atm so you have to play the cards you're dealt.

Diaz has played a part in this team, and again, you can't fault the kid for his tenacity. But I'd like to see a more polished product on the LW. One that can link up with the team as apposed to the hero ball Lucho tends to play.

Neto comes to mind for me. His crossing would be perfect for Nunez.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #604: Mar 11, 2024 06:37:29 am
      I can't make up my mind.

Does his brain think faster then his feet or his feet think faster then his brain?

Whatever it is it's not in sync. Can't count how many times this season a beautiful ball is passed to him and as he should be running on to it, it seems like his body is on track, but his leg has to drag the ball from behind him. Then he either loses it by trying to be too clever, slows down the break that was on  or shoots and it just always seems to go straight at the Keeper.

Frustrated because he has so many brilliant qualities, just want to see him finish it off on the scoreboard more regularly. We'd get even more goals out of our front 5.

I do rate him highly, just suppose I was so used to Sadio's finishing prowess, I hope/d we get the same amount of goal numbers from Lucho. Still plenty of time to get those goal scoring numbers up, just have to be more clinical.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #605: Mar 12, 2024 08:34:38 pm
      Far far, far worst.

Short memories and that.

Don't F***ing Diss Bellamy!

Was F***ing brilliant in the Nou Camp and we wouldn't have made the League Final in 2012 but for Bellamy. Loved that narky tw*t.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,037 posts | 537 
      Reply #606: Mar 12, 2024 08:43:09 pm
      Like a skinny white BA Barracas, I pity the fools that can't see Luis is coming onto a game. He's getting back into the road runner mode he had when he first arrived. Think he'll be a key player in the run in.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #607: Mar 12, 2024 09:00:48 pm
      Like a skinny white BA Barracas, I pity the fools that can't see Luis is coming onto a game. He's getting back into the road runner mode he had when he first arrived. Think he'll be a key player in the run in.

Just needs to sort out his shooting boots.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 183 
      Reply #608: Mar 12, 2024 09:07:39 pm
      Don't F***ing Diss Bellamy!

Was F***ing brilliant in the Nou Camp and we wouldn't have made the League Final in 2012 but for Bellamy. Loved that narky tw*t.

We all loved that gobs***e.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #609: Mar 12, 2024 09:35:54 pm

Hahaha I bet ypu wouldn't say that to his face 🤣
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 302 
      Reply #610: Mar 12, 2024 10:20:23 pm

Jon Arne Riise was not so keen on him.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 128 
      Reply #611: Mar 12, 2024 11:50:13 pm
      Jon Arne Riise was not so keen on him.
      Why not? I thought they went clubbing together....
      Arf  :lmao:
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #612: Mar 14, 2024 11:57:05 am
      Anybody seen the talks about PSG supposedly being very interested in him?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #613: Mar 14, 2024 12:49:59 pm

Standard media sh*te
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #614: Mar 14, 2024 01:00:43 pm
      Prolly right, but wouldn't mind it being true. Especially with Edwards and company at the helm
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 183 
      Reply #615: Mar 14, 2024 01:04:01 pm
      Hahaha I bet ypu wouldn't say that to his face 🤣

Well he's a lucky boy he never came back with City to score against us isn't he ;)  :lmao:
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 183 
      Reply #616: Mar 14, 2024 01:05:07 pm

Yes, but then again I've heard they're very interested in Rashford too. Feels like they've been chasing him for years and the PSG president has already wacked off his load over Rashford in the past so I reckon he's their first choice.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #617: Mar 14, 2024 01:08:40 pm
      Prolly right, but wouldn't mind it being true. Especially with Edwards and company at the helm

Why would you want it to be true ?

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,308 posts | 768 
      Reply #618: Mar 14, 2024 04:30:36 pm
      See no logic, even if remotely true, in selling Diaz. Is this just the gutter media trying to stir things up ?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #619: Mar 14, 2024 04:42:10 pm
      I just don't rate him like some do, amd if he was sold i trust the new FSG regime put those funds to good use ane find a suitable replacement. Maybe even a better one?  I'm by no means saying he isn't good, but I do think his finishing is below average and he holds up play rather than linking it. Tbf, he had huge shoes to fill after Mane left.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,589 posts | 1099 
      Reply #620: Mar 17, 2024 06:15:03 pm
      If ever there was an example of a good player compared to a world class player, its this lad.

Endeavour, good attitude. Like the lad. But levels below a player like Mane or Jota. I'd be moving him on in the summer. Just never any end product.

Quick Reply