Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)

Read 59583 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Re: Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)
      Reply #621: Mar 17, 2024 06:49:56 pm
      If ever there was an example of a good player compared to a world class player, its this lad.

Endeavour, good attitude. Like the lad. But levels below a player like Mane or Jota. I'd be moving him on in the summer. Just never any end product.
      100 percent. Would be able to get back what you paid for him. Each year he's regressed here. Good player, but to contend with Arse and City fprbthe next few years you need to ruthless and makes some hard decisions. We can do better
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #622: Mar 17, 2024 06:51:31 pm
      What is it with some peoples desire after a match to look to slag the current scapegoat- the same pricks were quiet as a mouse after the city game where he was superb
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #623: Mar 17, 2024 06:54:14 pm
      What is it with some peoples desire after a match to look to slag the current scapegoat- the same pricks were quiet as a mouse after the city game where he was superb
      Why do you resort to calling people names, dude? I have been banging this drum for a while. During the good and the bad. Hea a fine kid, but I want better. Why does that make me a pr**k?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #624: Mar 17, 2024 06:56:29 pm
      The guy had his father kidnapped for fucks sake , he had a serious knee injury , it’s been a heck of a season for him and yet some just wont get off his back

Well done for banging the drum against him

You want better - he deserves better
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,589 posts | 1099 
      Reply #625: Mar 17, 2024 07:01:47 pm
      Why do you resort to calling people names, dude? I have been banging this drum for a while. During the good and the bad. Hea a fine kid, but I want better. Why does that make me a pr**k?

Ignore him fella. Don't quote him. If Diaz was world class we'd have won last week and probably this week too.

As I said, Iike the lad ... can't fault his effort and attitude and he's certainly no sole scapegoat today. Plenty of poor performances out there today.

But he's not at the required level. Need to produce better numbers. Better end product. Matchwinning  performances. He plays every week. In my opinion Diaz is never going to put the numbers up. That's a opinion. Not a criticism.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #626: Mar 17, 2024 07:04:15 pm
      The guy had his father kidnapped for fucks sake , he had a serious knee injury , it’s been a heck of a season for him and yet some just wont get off his back

My brother was murdered a few years ago and I had to sit by while my office investigated it and couldn't help. Butni dont get a permanent break. Life goes on. I hate that his dad was kidnapped. I'm a cop, and have been part of a few abduction cases, I know there's a lot that gets thrown at you in a event like that from a multitude of angles and I can't imagine how bad it was for them, but his father is fine now.

Yes he's had injuries, but so do so many others. He gets paid a lot of money, so as far as him deserving more I'd argue that this is part of it. He gets paid quite a lot to put up with unruly fans. And for the record, I don't talk sh*t about the kid or say he sucks. Just that he holds up play a little to often and needs to work on his finishing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #627: Mar 17, 2024 07:06:21 pm
      Great industry but 0% productivity. Not good enough.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #628: Mar 17, 2024 07:06:52 pm

People expect him to be as good as Mane, which he isn't

Don77

• 6,589 posts | 1099 
      Reply #629: Mar 17, 2024 07:09:18 pm

Other players out there who are ... I'm sure of that.
      Don77

• 6,589 posts | 1099 
      Reply #630: Mar 17, 2024 07:10:00 pm
      Great industry but 0% productivity. Not good enough.

In a nutshell.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #631: Mar 17, 2024 07:11:49 pm

Diaz is a good player, not the best and doesn't get the numbers Salah gets or Mane did. But slagging him off is ridiculous.

There are worse players than him in the team such as Gakpo.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,375 posts | 783 
      Reply #632: Mar 17, 2024 07:13:58 pm
      Ait-Noori? ....Mbueno?
      Don77

• 6,589 posts | 1099 
      Reply #633: Mar 17, 2024 07:15:35 pm
      Diaz is a good player, not the best and doesn't get the numbers Salah gets or Mane did. But slagging him off is ridiculous.

There are worse players than him in the team such as Gakpo.

I'm not slagging him fella. I just said I don't think he's good enough. That's not slagging him. It's just an opinion based on watching him for the past 2 and a bit years.
      Don77

• 6,589 posts | 1099 
      Reply #634: Mar 17, 2024 07:17:01 pm

Hopefully Mr Edwards is looking at the summer Market as we speak.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #635: Mar 17, 2024 07:19:49 pm

There aren’t many that are but when he arrived they had to move Mane inside to fit him in and he was outstanding, last season the knee injury knocked him back and then this season he started well until the incident with his father plus some niggles. He is more than good enough
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #636: Mar 17, 2024 07:20:56 pm

Alt Noori ? Left back ?

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,037 posts | 537 
      Reply #637: Mar 17, 2024 07:22:22 pm
      He was the best of our forwards today, not sure why he's getting the most criticism.
      Don77

• 6,589 posts | 1099 
      Reply #638: Mar 17, 2024 07:27:03 pm
      He was the best of our forwards today, not sure why he's getting the most criticism.

Because once again there was zero end product. No final ball. No finish. No quality when it mattered. That's why. And it's a recurring theme.

Nobody is doubting his attitude, endeavour. But as I said further up ... Luis shows the difference between good and world class.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #639: Mar 17, 2024 07:27:47 pm

Because we didn’t win and that means it’s time for overreacting and going to the scapegoat of the season .
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #640: Mar 17, 2024 07:36:22 pm
      Because once again there was zero end product. No final ball. No finish. No quality when it mattered. That's why. And it's a recurring theme.

Nobody is doubting his attitude, endeavour. But as I said further up ... Luis shows the difference between good and world class.
      This is a chat built on opinions, so everyone spout your truth and let's talk if we disagree. But to say this and that and call people names is goofy. I try to talk on here the way I talk in the real world. I can be a prixk but takes a whole whole lot. I usually just try and get people to explain and I try and listen them ask them to do the same. In the real world, if you say some of the sh*t people say on here for a difference of opinion, you might get get your ass whipped ;D.

I'm with ya, Don. Good player and works his tail off, bit all things considered, I'd like to think we could do better
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #641: Mar 17, 2024 07:40:01 pm

Would.have Ait-Nouri what I have seen not sure to replace Diaz though
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 454 
      Reply #642: Mar 17, 2024 09:45:38 pm

Who is?  Reading some post one would think the likes of Mane grow on trees like leaves.   I fear for the players that have to take responsibility after Salah.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,412 posts | 2835 
      Reply #643: Mar 17, 2024 09:52:12 pm

'Superb' but missed three clear cut chances that could have won us the game.

Probably sums up his time here. Even when he hit the ground running after signing he missed a ton of chances (Mane picked up the slack back then).

Quick Reply