Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson Becker
      38 (48.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (3.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.3%)
       Fabinho
      30 (38.5%)
      Naby Keïta
      2 (2.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      3 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Feb 17, 2022 03:53:49 pm

Burnley 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17978 times
      Whaddapie
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Re: Burnley 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Feb 14, 2022 03:54:07 pm
      Pep is clearly top class, but he's never not had the best squad in the world and limitless money to work with.  He couldn't have done at Dortmund what Jürgen did, nor taken THAT LFC team and made it a champion a few years later. 

The enormous gulf in net spend over the past decade between us and them means that Jürgen's one league title is a superior feat than anything Pep's won.  Why..?  Because we're competing against them, and they're one of the great teams to ever be assembled. 

If you swapped Jürgen with Pep over the past 5 years, City would have won two or three European Cups as well as all those titles.  Simples.
      « Last Edit: Feb 14, 2022 08:38:27 pm by Whaddapie »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,051 posts | 2726 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #438: Feb 14, 2022 05:15:23 pm
      Where did you read that I wrote Pep is better than Klopp. I said there is something Pep clearly does better is manage his squad in the league. In the CL, it's another story, it's clear Klopp has been better with Liverpool, it's another competition. But I reiterate what I think, this is where we fall behind in the league. Pep better manages the squad, because there is rotation in his team, to rest key players or allow other players to contribute, something Klopp does not do.

And playing out of form Henderson and Firmino is a clear indication of that. If you all are happy with this 1-0 performance against Burnley, good for you.

But I guess Klopp is simply the best manager in the world and simply does everything right.

You’ve actually written a few good post but your fellow colleagues seem to disagree. I too disagree but mainly only on one point.

Pep manages the squad better because it’s filled with more talent than your squad. The likes of Firmino & Henderson wouldn’t even get on the subs bench at City. That isn’t Klopps fault, it’s not a luxury he has. I’ve said this for yonks now, you can’t compete with City purely because of their financial clout.

It’s a close call who is best coach  out of them both, you have arguments for both sides. Obviously Klopp has never ever been in a situation where he can do a Pep and buy buy buy. I honestly believe what Klopp has done on such a limited budget is nothing short of astounding.

I’d hate Klopp to have unlimited funds like Pep has for so many years, not just at City but Barcelona too.  We’ve heard so many times teams that have bought the title, if that’s the case what the fcuk is my lot doing.  ;D

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #439: Feb 14, 2022 09:01:41 pm
      The problem in comparing the two managers is you're not really comparing like with like.

Even just looking at defenders they've signed since 2018:

Cancelo - 58M
      Diaz - 61M
      Laporte - 60M
      Walker - 50M

Nathan Ake & Mendy too. Think they were both more or less 50M each
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #440: Feb 15, 2022 09:06:08 am
      Nathan Ake & Mendy too. Think they were both more or less 50M each
      John stones about the same.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #441: Feb 15, 2022 09:36:58 am
      Dias - 65                 VVD - 76
      Cancelo - 60           Konate - 36
      Laporte - 58           Tsimikas - 12
      Mendy - 52             Robertson - 8
      Stones - 50             Gomez - 4
      Walker - 47             TAA - 0
      Ake - 41                  Matip - 0

£373m                      £136m

The real difference.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,800 posts | 6747 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #442: Feb 15, 2022 10:26:34 pm
      Klopp has more hair!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,260 posts | 8582 
      Reply #443: Feb 16, 2022 01:49:18 pm
      You come out of your mood now, miserable Cnut  :lmao:

The winding up crank manc tw*ts who keep biting mode?

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,051 posts | 2726 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #444: Feb 16, 2022 01:52:44 pm
      The winding up crank manc tw*ts who keep biting mode?

Better ask Suarez on that one  :f_whistle:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #445: Feb 19, 2022 01:57:38 pm
      Quote from alex1995
      And playing out of form Henderson and Firmino is a clear indication of that. If you all are happy with this 1-0 performance against Burnley, good for you. 

I don't think anyone said they were happy with the performance. They're happy with the win. City still have to go there. Yes of course they should win, but nobody hammers Burnley on their own patch. The ground is stone age, the conditions are appalling, the ball is up in the clouds more than it is on the pitch, it's all heads arms and elbows, and it's an awful spectacle. But we won there for the 5th year in a row. So Jürgen usually gets his team selection there spot on.

Quote from Keith Singleton
      Can you imagine what it would be like if I joined the match thread.

We don't have to. This was just your 5th post on this match thread, after the game.

Quote from Whaddapie
      I joined here in the past week or so, because I was sick and tired at the negativity and utter bullshit that a few posters on my old forum brought to every thread they encounter, particularly in match threads, when we weren't displaying Brazil 1970-esque from for 90+ minutes, every week.

This was my first match thread on this forum.  Thanks for making me feel so at home already!  ;)

What you've seen in this thread, is just a gentle warm up for when the knives are flying around the forum, in the aftermath of the next time we don't win. The negativity will make you want to tear what's left of your hair out.

As it is, we passed the wild wet and windy weekend winter test at Burnley again this year. That is all we had to do. Save the showpiece performances for games against better teams in bigger stadiums towards the business end of the season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,260 posts | 8582 
      Reply #446: Feb 22, 2022 11:38:30 am
      What you've seen in this thread, is just a gentle warm up for when the knives are flying around the forum, in the aftermath of the next time we don't win. The negativity will make you want to tear what's left of your hair out.

Or it could be you posting about Rafa!!

Quick Reply