Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Pre match: Liverpool v West Ham - EPL - Anfield, Saturday March 5th, K.O. 17.30

Read 4761 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Pre match: Liverpool v West Ham - EPL - Anfield, Saturday March 5th, K.O. 17.30
      Mar 03, 2022 11:38:41 am
      Back at it then

For me, this is one of the tricky games left.They are decent and can dig in to make it awkward.

We will need Mo, Sadio Diaz etc buzzing here. Could be a massive 24 hours here, if we win and utd can nick anything off city were in the drivers seat.

Anfield needs to be what it is on European nights for this, make west ham wilt

Ali
      Trent    Joel    VVD  Robbo

Fab
                 Naby      Hendo

Mo      Diaz     Sadio
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2022 03:52:18 pm by RedPuppy »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v west ham - P/l - Anfield, Saturday March 5th, ko 17.30
      Reply #1: Mar 03, 2022 11:52:49 am
      Back at it then

For me, this is one of the tricky games left.They are decent and can dig in to make it awkward.

We will need Mo, Sadio Diaz etc buzzing here. Could be a massive 24 hours here, if we win and utd can nick anything off city were in the drivers seat.

Ali

Fab
                 Naby      Hendo

Mo      Diaz     Sadio

Think that’s the team all being fit , think we need Thiago and Bobby back asap, Jota can slot into that front three in any game , Diaz staying fit will be a massive lift to this squad in the run in all to play for reds .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,958 posts | 5013 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v west ham - P/l - Anfield, Saturday March 5th, ko 17.30
      Reply #2: Mar 03, 2022 12:17:22 pm
      Any news on the fitness of Thiago ? dunno if his injury was that serious, serious enough obviously for him to miss the final but perhaps it was more precautionary to leave him out ?

If he is fit to start he slots in for me next to Fabinho & Hendo, if not I think Brian you have hit it on the head, although I’d have Mane or Jota through the middle and Diaz or Mane wide left, nice dilemma to have me thinks, and clearly cannot make up my mind 😂,

WHu have been very good this Campaign but I think they have peaked already and for me have gone off the boil, that doesn’t mean they won’t give us something  to worry about because they really are a danger and if not careful could scupper our chance for the title, we just need to keep winning and we have become very adept at that,

I think Citeh WILL drop more points whether that’s against the MUtants it doesn’t really matter, I just think they will at some point before facing us, hopefully they do and then we can all watch Pep spontaneously combust on his home touch line as we rip his egotistical maniacs a new sphincter, we will know then who will take the title, anyhoo I’m rambling as usual so don’t like getting too far ahead, not good for the soul,

Expecting a tough game V Hammers but the quality we have will shine through and be the difference in the end.

3-1 Champions elect

Y  N  W  A
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Mar 03, 2022 12:18:39 pm
      Think that’s the team all being fit , think we need Thiago and Bobby back asap, Jota can slot into that front three in any game , Diaz staying fit will be a massive lift to this squad in the run in all to play for reds .

I actually think Mane is the one who should be dropping out with Jota in but think the boss will go with him
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4: Mar 03, 2022 12:26:08 pm
      probably gonna miss this, I shall be in the cinema watching batman with my son. ;D

Hopefully we give these a skudding, but suspect it could be close.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5: Mar 03, 2022 12:37:09 pm
      probably gonna miss this, I shall be in the cinema watching batman with my son.

You have a weird sense of priorities my friend.  ;) Spending time with your son should take precedence, but Batman over Liverpool?   :o :lmao:
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #6: Mar 03, 2022 12:52:25 pm
      probably gonna miss this, I shall be in the cinema watching batman with my son. ;D

Me just glad that your son prefers batman and not Everton or United.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Mar 03, 2022 01:05:54 pm
      Me just glad that your son prefers batman and not Everton or United.

;D. he likes liverpool, but not a big sports fans, a PlayStation lad he is.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8: Mar 03, 2022 01:06:54 pm
      You have a weird sense of priorities my friend.  ;) Spending time with your son should take precedence, but Batman over Liverpool?   :o :lmao:

bad timing on my part, but it is his 18th birthday this weekend, so off to pub after batman.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #9: Mar 03, 2022 02:06:20 pm
      bad timing on my part, but it is his 18th birthday this weekend, so off to pub after batman.

Watching the game at the pub works too, just sayin'...  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      In all seriousness, enjoy the special occasion!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #10: Mar 03, 2022 03:43:50 pm
      Watching the game at the pub works too, just sayin'...  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      In all seriousness, enjoy the special occasion!

CHEERS
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3936 
      Reply #11: Mar 03, 2022 03:51:57 pm
      We owe them a beating after the game at the London Stadium. That was horrible to lose to them like that.

They’re top notch with set pieces so have to be ready.

I can see Salah and Mane wanting to get on the scoresheet.
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v West Ham - EPL - Anfield, Saturday March 5th, K.O. 17.30
      Reply #12: Mar 03, 2022 08:53:13 pm
      Back at it then

Ali

Fab
                 Naby      Hendo

Mo      Diaz     Sadio

Yep think that's spot on with team
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v West Ham - EPL - Anfield, Saturday March 5th, K.O. 17.30
      Reply #13: Mar 03, 2022 09:41:13 pm
      Yep think that's spot on with team
      I reckon Jota plays at the expense of Sadio or Diaz. He has earned it with his performances this season and clearly fit to start given he wasn’t out long. I get the feeling Diaz will be on the bench personally.

Don’t think Thiago makes this, think Klopp intimated Inter game was more realistic but who knows.
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #14: Mar 03, 2022 10:22:53 pm
      I reckon Jota plays at the expense of Sadio or Diaz. He has earned it with his performances this season and clearly fit to start given he wasn’t out long. I get the feeling Diaz will be on the bench personally.

Don’t think Thiago makes this, think Klopp intimated Inter game was more realistic but who knows.

I always base on past game who was subbed,rested etc . Be very surprised  if Diaz on bench
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15: Mar 04, 2022 12:43:59 am
      Our first game with them was one of the few this season where we really weren't at the races (and still close at the end). Hope to see us make amends for that one.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #16: Mar 04, 2022 12:46:03 am
      Can't see anything but a win here. Not sure how we do it, but we have to.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17: Mar 04, 2022 01:06:21 am
      Can't see anything but a win here. Not sure how we do it, but we have to.

How about Salah, Mane, Jota and Diaz all scoring?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #18: Mar 04, 2022 01:26:40 am
      How about Salah, Mane, Jota and Diaz all scoring?

I don’t care if Robbo has a hat trick as long as we win 👌
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,308 posts | 768 
      Reply #19: Mar 04, 2022 11:07:42 am
      This could be another close game, although take us to win especially at home. Keep putting the pressure on City, very much in the title race as things stand.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #20: Mar 04, 2022 11:19:18 am
      Over the last season or so, we've been making a right meal out of our games vs West Ham, in the game this season we literally let them physically bully us and we paid the price. We went a couple of years stuffing 4 past them with ease everytime we played, lets get back to a confident performance and get back to winning ways vs these. After all, it's a team managed by Moyes for christ sake.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,895 posts | 423 
      Reply #21: Mar 04, 2022 11:34:48 am
      Over the last season or so, we've been making a right meal out of our games vs West Ham, in the game this season we literally let them physically bully us and we paid the price. We went a couple of years stuffing 4 past them with ease everytime we played, lets get back to a confident performance and get back to winning ways vs these. After all, it's a team managed by Moyes for christ sake.

Ahh hes done a lot job with them to be fair they are solid with some decent ability in midfield and forward areas.

Rice is an obvious name but Jarrod Bowen is the real one to take out of their team and obviously Antonio is a real pain.

We have home advantage and we should be starting fast out the blocks here.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #22: Mar 04, 2022 11:41:21 am
      Usually do well home to these, but they're a tricky proposition of late.

Think it'll be a tough one as we've got a lot of mileage in the legs the past 2 months.

I'm in the Kop again for this one (woo hoo!!!) and have never seen the reds lose a match live, so expect that record to continue with a narrow, hard-fought 2-1 victory with goals from Diaz & Salah.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!

Quick Reply