Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Inter?

Alisson Becker
      3 (4.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      18 (29.5%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (9.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      12 (19.7%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      6 (9.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      6 (9.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (8.2%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      1 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.6%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: Mar 12, 2022 09:58:52 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Internazionale: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 13006 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,220 posts | 1107 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Internazionale: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Mar 09, 2022 02:47:32 pm
      This is not at all the same thing, but.... I remember when Matt Hughes got beat by BJ Penn and lost his title. In the post fight interview they ask how he felt and he said he was relieved. He said the pressure was off from being unbeaten for so long. He went on to win the belt back and have success again.

Everyone hyping us these past few months has to affect you somewhat. In Robbos book he said that it did him, even though he tried to not let him. Reeling off 7 straight wins definitely builds big pressure and sets the standards high. Hopefully this loss is exactly what we need to get back to the basics and find our form. We need it these next 2 months for sure 🙏
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,474 posts | 4594 
      Reply #438: Mar 09, 2022 03:05:42 pm
      We need to sort out our profligacy in front of goal before it bites us on the jacksy.

No need to have been tense as it was.

We don’t do easy...😂
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,853 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #439: Mar 09, 2022 03:40:22 pm
      Watching the 'experts' after the game I was amazed how they considered the Sanchez a foul but not a yellow card ,missing the point that the Thiago assault was a straight red ? Sanchez should have gone for that tackle on Thiago and the game would have changed too.Vidal ...dirty little swine got away with everything ! refereeing was a joke ...again
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,389 posts | 8632 
      Reply #440: Mar 09, 2022 03:41:52 pm
      Watching the 'experts' after the game I was amazed how they considered the Sanchez a foul but not a yellow card ,missing the point that the Thiago assault was a straight red ? Sanchez should have gone for that tackle on Thiago and the game would have changed too.Vidal ...dirty little swine got away with everything ! refereeing was a joke ...again

It's all Vidal has in his locker these days just being an annoying tw*t.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,282 posts | 933 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #441: Mar 09, 2022 04:38:35 pm
      Ref was shocking let tackles go then booked the same tackles said before the game he was awful
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 596 posts | 56 
      Reply #442: Mar 09, 2022 06:00:44 pm
      Any other night and at least one of the shots that hit the posts would have went in. To be honest I didn't think inter looked that great. As some have said maybe this was the boot up the arse we needed as we haven't been been firing  in all cylinders recently. Onto Brighton and hopefully 3 points and a good performance.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,319 posts | 4956 
      Reply #443: Mar 09, 2022 07:53:02 pm
      Exactly, they scored a worldy but, apart from that, we hit the post/bar three times and had  one denied by a last gasp lunge. Do people not think if it was a must win game our tactics from the start or at the end would've been different? Of course they would, but we didn't have to go all out at any point.

Yea disappointing to lose but ultimately we done enough to win the tie and that's what it's all about at this stage.

On another night Salah has at least a couple and we aren't even talking about this game.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #444: Mar 10, 2022 10:00:48 am
      My first game back at Anfield since before Covid and we lose.

We never really got going and certainly wasn't what you'd call a good performance, more of a seeing the tie out performance. Thought the game as a whole was no where the level it was in the first leg, that's from both teams and despite the fact we lost, we hit the woodwork 3 times, Robbo could easily have picked out one of the front 3 for a tap in but fluffed the pass and pretty much a line clearance to deny Diaz so on another day we could easily have ended up with 5 goals. They didn't even trouble us to be honest, they caused us a lot more problems in the first leg and it was just a terrific strike by Martinez that done it. But even then it was a goal of our own making - it was a piss poor pass from Matip and I do feel that if Alisson hadn't of been so far off his line, then he'd have tipped it over the bar, or at least onto the bar.

But anyway, we were never going to go through the rest of the season winning every single game and sooner or later we had to lose at Anfield again and I think if we all had to pick a game to lose, then that would've been it because we had the 2 goal advantage going into it. Even if they had gotten a second goal, I tink we'd have done them in extra time because we had the extra player.

Disappointing performance and a shame to lose but the vital thing is we are through to the next round.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,282 posts | 933 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #445: Mar 10, 2022 10:37:01 am
      Need to pick up the pace for Saturday morning
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2858 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #446: Mar 10, 2022 08:43:54 pm
      How would Inter stand up against ouur potential opponents in the quarters? Have we just knocked out a dangerous opponent or compared to who we get next was this a handy 2 legs?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,860 posts | 6793 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #447: Mar 11, 2022 01:58:15 am
      Did Mo hit post 3 times ?must have missed one of them . Along with Matip hitting bar not had much luck tonight

Nope just both uprights and yep Matip's header was unlucky.

Then Diaz gets blocked off the line, just felt that ball didn't want to go in the back of the net on that night.

Feels weird losing, especially at home but my first thought is oh well, "if we had to L one game for the rest of the Season", that was it".

Now we got that out of the way, let's start another unbeaten run, all the way through till next season  ;D

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,654 posts | 7150 
      Reply #448: Mar 11, 2022 02:31:22 pm
      I thought we played well at times and goals change games but it was one of those nights Mo couldnt hit a barn door from 5 paces even Diaz caught the bug late on. I also think it was a good defeat and a reminder that nothing but 100% concentration and application is going to get us to were we want to be. ~i also saw some good runs from Curtis but he looks terrified  every time he gets the ball.

Quick Reply