Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 31st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.3%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      70 (93.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: Mar 16, 2022 02:23:59 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 11457 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Mar 12, 2022 10:08:50 pm
      That today was right up there with short arms , a fckin disgraceful  effort and whets that fcker defending var on every level a red bar for them useless cu*ts in stockley park .
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,364 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #346: Mar 12, 2022 10:26:28 pm
      just found out that Mike Dean "earns" £200k a year as a Ref WTF I wouldn t pay him £20k he is awful and todays performance was woeful and we could have Diaz for the rest of the season quite easily .Do we get an apology? do we f**k

Where do I apply?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #347: Mar 12, 2022 11:38:11 pm
      Just got to watch it finally..
      For 30 minutes or so I would say we were good. The rest of the game we just seemed to cruise it keeping them at arms length.

Diaz looks quality.

As for their keeper, I thought it was a bad tackle. Diaz was brave to go for it.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #348: Mar 12, 2022 11:52:29 pm
      Forgot to mention, Diaz my motm 😊
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #349: Mar 13, 2022 03:04:20 am
      Diaz easily MOTM, Big Virg not far behind, was imperious and oh yeah Maupay or whatever the f**k your name is, you got schooled Son!!

Should have been 4 easil... Mo being Mo, then getting ripped into by Jürgen, then Diaz who tried to go it alone when all that was needed was a nice side pass into Jota's stride and bang, the ball would have been in the back of the net.

Oh we can't forget Ali's unbelievable save from Wellbeck!

3 points was needed and that's what we got...over to you, City..come on Benteke and Zaha and that blonde haired guy who looks pretty damn good.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,242 posts | 1112 
      Reply #350: Mar 13, 2022 03:59:11 am
      Diaz easily MOTM, Big Virg not far behind, was imperious and oh yeah Maupay or whatever the f**k your name is, you got schooled Son!!

Should have been 4 easil... Mo being Mo, then getting ripped into by Jürgen, then Diaz who tried to go it alone when all that was needed was a nice side pass into Jota's stride and bang, the ball would have been in the back of the net.

Oh we can't forget Ali's unbelievable save from Wellbeck!

3 points was needed and that's what we got...over to you, City..come on Benteke and Zaha and that blonde haired guy who looks pretty damn good.

Dude, you're the man. That Gallagher comment got me. 😄
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #351: Mar 13, 2022 06:36:50 am
      Forgot to mention, Diaz my motm 😊

Shame on you, joking aside  what a buy  or should i say what a steal.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #352: Mar 13, 2022 06:37:04 am
      Dude, you're the man. That Gallagher comment got me. 😄

As long has he's no relation to those w**ker Brothers who sing songs, he's ok in my books  hahahha
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #353: Mar 13, 2022 07:33:51 am
      Come on BENTEKE, love to see your goal celebration  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #354: Mar 13, 2022 07:38:28 am
      3 points and a clean sheet.
      Fair result
      We had the chances to score a few more but Ali again showed why he's the best.
      Somebody is going to get a hiding from us soon
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #355: Mar 13, 2022 09:01:17 am
      Another great win.

shocking from the ref though. goalie was a yellow minimum, possibly a red for that GBH on diaz.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,944 posts | 452 
      Reply #356: Mar 13, 2022 09:53:24 am
      come on Benteke and Zaha and that blonde haired guy who looks pretty damn good.

Decent player as well!

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,702 posts | 7163 
      Reply #357: Mar 13, 2022 09:57:44 am

and when you miss something you can look at a monitor or have a voice in your ear to tell you and then you still get it wrong.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #358: Mar 13, 2022 10:03:36 am
      3 pts and a brave new superstar coming through what a signing MOTM Luiz Diaz.

Im still trying to get my head round the keepers tackle and how he didnt see red ,if you let that go every week somebody is going to end up in a wheelchair ,you dont referee ever again after decisions like that at any level, your a disgrace Mr Dean your not capable 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #359: Mar 13, 2022 10:25:36 am
      Worried about Louise a bit. He got up and played on after the assault, but as you probably know, with impacts like that, the aches and pains usually surface on day three.
      I expect him to feel pretty rough on Monday.
      Hope he’s ok for Arse.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #360: Mar 13, 2022 11:06:00 am
      Worried about Louise a bit. He got up and played on after the assault, but as you probably know, with impacts like that, the aches and pains usually surface on day three.
      I expect him to feel pretty rough on Monday.
      Hope he’s ok for Arse.

Not half
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #361: Mar 13, 2022 01:55:25 pm
      Another great win.

shocking from the ref though. goalie was a yellow minimum, possibly a red for that GBH on diaz.
      Was a straight red all day the last time I seen something like that Jean- Claude van damme
      Was staring in it or was it Chuck Norris or even Bruce Lee for that matter.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #362: Mar 13, 2022 04:11:04 pm
      Was a straight red all day the last time I seen something like that Jean- Claude van damme

More today at Chelsea utterly useless cu*ts running the game
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #363: Mar 13, 2022 05:46:20 pm

Bruce Lee? Relative of Sammy's?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,886 posts | 704 
      Reply #364: Mar 13, 2022 11:10:47 pm
      Quote from GERNS
      Right, if the keeper gets sent off, reserve keeper comes on and usually a forward goes off.
      That makes it more probable we will create more chances and possibly score more.
      That is not what is supposed to happen, as all these bent fuckers have got their money on city to win the prem.
      They will not make any decisions which will enhance our chances of overhauling city.

Chelsea did that at Anfield and we couldn't break them down for the rest of the game. An opponent was sent off for 2 yellows during the week, and we still lost the game. I don't know why, but we are notoriously crap playing against 10 men.

Quote from billythered
      We won the title by a 25 point margin in 19/20, the season before, the 99 point season we missed out by one point, that was the season of that goal line ball, not deemed a goal by 11cm, robbed imo because the ball was over the line, enough of it anyway.
                    Y  N  W  A

Except most of the ball was over the line, not all of it, and the whole lot of it has to be over the line. We got 97 points the year we fell short by 1 point. We got 99 points when we won the league by 18 points.

This win means that if we win our next two games we will be top of the league, albeit with a game more played, and probably just for a couple of hours. But it will be nice to see us top again for however long it is.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #365: Mar 14, 2022 06:43:39 am
      You know what. Im starting to lean towards what you are saying. I as a player would have preferred to be told off not on live tv. Think JK should have waited until half time. The media will talk about it now.

Exactly, they are ok because when he was subbed off, they looked settled.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,982 posts | 5040 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #366: Mar 14, 2022 07:57:52 am
      Chelsea did that at Anfield and we couldn't break them down for the rest of the game. An opponent was sent off for 2 yellows during the week, and we still lost the game. I don't know why, but we are notoriously crap playing against 10 men.

Except most of the ball was over the line, not all of it, and the whole lot of it has to be over the line. We got 97 points the year we fell short by 1 point. We got 99 points when we won the league by 18 points.

This win means that if we win our next two games we will be top of the league, albeit with a game more played, and probably just for a couple of hours. But it will be nice to see us top again for however long it is.

Cheers for correcting me regarding the points, my bad, you have also raised a issue I would like cleared up, the ball over the line…was deemed 11cm short of being a goal…correct ? and the whole ball needs to be over the line for it to be ‘A’ goal, yes ?

So why then is the ball deemed in…at the corner quadrant when a player places the edge of the ball on the outer most part of line of the quadrant? Is it a different ruling for the goal line as it is for a corner?

If only a fraction of the ball is deemed in at corners, surely the same should apply on the goal line, no ?

I’ve had lots of arguments on this, can anyone clear it up before the Samaritans are called ? Please 🙏

Y  N  W  A

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #367: Mar 14, 2022 09:14:40 am

Cheers for correcting me regarding the points, my bad, you have also raised a issue I would like cleared up, the ball over the line…was deemed 11cm short of being a goal…correct ? and the whole ball needs to be over the line for it to be ‘A’ goal, yes ?

So why then is the ball deemed in…at the corner quadrant when a player places the edge of the ball on the outer most part of line of the quadrant? Is it a different ruling for the goal line as it is for a corner?

If only a fraction of the ball is deemed in at corners, surely the same should apply on the goal line, no ?

I’ve had lots of arguments on this, can anyone clear it up before the Samaritans are called ? Please 🙏

Y  N  W  A

That’s simple, the difference between a corner and a goal is night and day.

Quick Reply