Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      2 (2.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.5%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (7.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      58 (85.3%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: May 11, 2022 09:38:13 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 14870 times
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: May 07, 2022 09:58:09 pm
      Next Sunday if city win all their games they will be 6 points clear and we will have two games left.

If that’s the case I’ll say we have little chance.

Until then.... I’m not sure how it goes but something like ‘walking on with hope in your heart’
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #392: May 07, 2022 09:58:32 pm
      Wtf has happened to Mo by the way

I’m really worried about Mo’s form right now. He needs to get it back, because his revenge for RM won’t mean sh*t with the form he is in right now!! Cmon Mo !
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,922 posts | 443 
      Reply #393: May 07, 2022 09:59:08 pm
      Let's hope the Man City players adopt the same attitude.

The issue I have is if they somehow lose one I think they have more 4 and 5 nils in them yet. Especially in games where teams are on the beach. Spurs the last team either will play now who have something to play for.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #394: May 07, 2022 09:59:12 pm
      Disappointed, never say never and weirder things have happen but I would think this result will give Citeh a boost going into the Newcastle game.

First goal was key and unlike Everton and Villareal game we were unable to find the first goal to make them come out of their shell. Felt like maybe if we had another 10 mins we would of found the breakthrough but unfortunately didn't happen.

Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #395: May 07, 2022 10:01:53 pm
      Sometimes Salah is in Trents position and gets the ball then I think uh oh a little weak pass or floaty cross here we go, Salah should always be further towards the box area and should cross when needed with pace.
       We had enough of the ball and control of the game to make something happen this game, maybe Salah and Mane shouldn't always be on together and Jota should get more of a look in, in the front trio, whether it's Salah getting a rest or Sadio.
      Crosses for corners where all out curving the wrong way, lucky we got that goal which was a deflection.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #396: May 07, 2022 10:03:54 pm
      I’m really worried about Mo’s form right now. He needs to get it back, because his revenge for RM won’t mean sh*t with the form he is in right now!! Cmon Mo !

His form at the moment, I wouldn’t even have him starting.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #397: May 07, 2022 10:04:33 pm
      Diaz was once more our benefit off this game and under Klopp he’s gonna consolidate himself as one of the best wingers in Europe.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,603 posts | 392 
      Reply #398: May 07, 2022 10:04:33 pm
      Pretty mental Spurs have taken 8 points off us and city this season and look where they are….
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,540 posts | 1490 
      Reply #399: May 07, 2022 10:06:40 pm
      Pretty mental Spurs have taken 8 points off us and city this season and look where they are….
      Yeah beat city twice at least the fuckers only took two points of us
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,602 posts | 1510 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #400: May 07, 2022 10:07:24 pm
      It's their level of success though isn't it? Trophies? Nah! Not for them! When their season is over they like to brag about the points they took from the big boys, that's their achievement... such a sad, boring, unimportant team that will never win anything of note.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,603 posts | 392 
      Reply #401: May 07, 2022 10:08:21 pm
      Yeah beat city twice at least the fuckers only took two points of us

Yeah but my point is more look how good they’re capable of being and they’ve been largely sh*te this season. I’d find it kinda annoying if I were a Spurs fan.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,603 posts | 392 
      Reply #402: May 07, 2022 10:09:29 pm
      It's their level of success though isn't it? Trophies? Nah! Not for them! When their season is over they like to brag about the points they took from the big boys, that's their achievement... such a sad, boring, unimportant team that will never win anything of note.

Yeah as someone else has pointed out, didn’t they kinda need the win? Yet were just timewasting all game long. If arsenal win tomorrow they’re 4 behind them, even though they play them next week.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,189 posts | 2760 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #403: May 07, 2022 10:10:25 pm
      His form at the moment, I wouldn’t even have him starting.

Harsh  that KK, its not like you.  :o
      Tadders

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #404: May 07, 2022 10:14:03 pm
      Mo isn’t exactly doing himself any favours for his contract negotiations is he. Been pretty awful all calendar year
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #405: May 07, 2022 10:15:36 pm
      Harsh  that KK, its not like you.  :o

Doesn’t take anything away from what he’s done for us this season but there comes a point where you have to change things about and at the moment he’s got about 2 goals in 10+ games. Fair play he’s got a few assists but at the moment he’s not a goal threat and his overall performance isn’t anywhere near where it should be. The difference between him and Diaz at the moment is night and day yet. Mane had an off game today but in general he’s been well ahead of Mo recently, Jota has been hit and miss but he’s not seeing much game time. Against Villa I’d seriously be looking to go with Diaz, Mane/Origi and Jota.
      Salah at the moment is doing a lot of talking about wanting to win this and that, getting revenge on teams etc but isn’t backing it up in his performances. I have no doubt he will turn it around but a game out of the line up could help that happen. Seemed to spring the life back into Mane when he was off par.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,649 posts | 7149 
      Reply #406: May 07, 2022 10:19:49 pm
      if Bobby is back Tuesday he will start hopefully with Jota and Diaz Mo and Sadio need rehab after what they have been through.
      Lets not give in just yet expect the worst tomorrow and hope for the best.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #407: May 07, 2022 10:20:25 pm
      Mo isn’t exactly doing himself any favours for his contract negotiations is he. Been pretty awful all calendar year

The player who left for AFCON is not the same one who came back. Since he was basically gone all January and been a shadow of himself since his return, he hasn't been our best player all of 2022 so far.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #408: May 07, 2022 10:21:04 pm
      Doesn’t take anything away from what he’s done for us this season but there comes a point where you have to change things about and at the moment he’s got about 2 goals in 10+ games. Fair play he’s got a few assists but at the moment he’s not a goal threat and his overall performance isn’t anywhere near where it should be. The difference between him and Diaz at the moment is night and day yet. Mane had an off game today but in general he’s been well ahead of Mo recently, Jota has been hit and miss but he’s not seeing much game time. Against Villa I’d seriously be looking to go with Diaz, Mane/Origi and Jota.
      Salah at the moment is doing a lot of talking about wanting to win this and that, getting revenge on teams etc but isn’t backing it up in his performances. I have no doubt he will turn it around but a game out of the line up could help that happen. Seemed to spring the life back into Mane when he was off par.

Great post

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #409: May 07, 2022 10:21:05 pm
      This title is not over, not by a F***ing long shot! I understand some supporters are feeling down after that game but Spurs almost put on as dismal a display of anti football as Villareal and Everton did at Anfield. Conte should be ashamed of himself, killing a game they needed to win to try and get a Champions League spot! F***ing embarrassing! As for Woodgate saying Conte put on a masterclass, he can F**k off as well. Even Crouchie is rimming his shi**er on BT Sport! Spurs are a F***ing joke!

To need a win to put yourself in the driving seat for fourth and then play that negatively, he should be chastised and not praised.

As for the title. It is still on. I expect City to beat Newcastle tomorrow (you never know though) but they have 2 difficult away games against West Ham and Wolves. West Ham are out of Europe now and could go balls out to finish the Season. Same goes for Wolves too. With both qualifying spots for the FA Cup and League Cup being passed on due to Liverpool and Chelsea automatically qualifying via the league, the team that finishes seventh can now qualify for Europe so there is still a lot to play for for both teams.

What a fairytale it would be if our very own Gerrard was to take Villa to the Etihad on the final day and for Coutinho to score a last minute free kick!

It's not over, believe.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #410: May 07, 2022 10:21:37 pm
      if Bobby is back Tuesday he will start hopefully with Jota and Diaz Mo and Sadio need rehab after what they have been through.
      Lets not give in just yet expect the worst tomorrow and hope for the best.

It's been a long layoff for Bobby, so no way Jürgen starts him. He very rarely starts a player coming off a long spell out, and is much more likely to sub in around the 60th minute to get his feet wet, then potentially start the following game.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #411: May 07, 2022 10:25:40 pm
      The issue I have is if they somehow lose one I think they have more 4 and 5 nils in them yet. Especially in games where teams are on the beach. Spurs the last team either will play now who have something to play for.

West Ham and Wolves have a potential European sot to play for.
      Harrisimo

• 8,381 posts | 1420 
      Reply #412: May 07, 2022 10:27:59 pm
      We have had problems against teams sitting deep this season and TBH they defended very well.Played out from the back well. Organised and Romero is a top defender.

We needed the front 3 on blob but only Diaz caused problems. Sadio blows hot and cold. Mo looks stale. Must say defenders are playing him better. They double up on him, crowd him, get very tight without committing themselves. Doesn't help that he's getting when he's in a nothing position.

Draw..move on.
      Harrisimo

• 8,381 posts | 1420 
      Reply #413: May 07, 2022 10:35:10 pm
      Obviously those buggers at Chelsea will be watching this game closely and I wouldn't be surprised if they take this Spurs stymie like game plan into account for the final. We also know Real won't play that much different from Spurs. So we better improve or else.

Quick Reply