Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.4%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      62 (70.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      3 (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      11 (12.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.1%)
      Luis Diaz
      1 (1.1%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Jun 01, 2022 10:32:52 pm

Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30694 times
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 573 posts | 114 
      Re: Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #897: May 29, 2022 08:37:25 am
      I feel worse this morning than last night...you know you're a good team when people are laughing at you finishing 2nd in the PL and CL

Opposition fans being jealous is not something new to the supporters of our magnificent club. They'd give their right arms to be in our position but know it will never happen. F**k them.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #898: May 29, 2022 08:43:08 am
      I’m not sure where to start

Was one of the worst experiences of my life and it had nothing to do with the game , the scenes before were frightening and my first feeling was that I was just glad to get in and out safely, can’t say the same for some lads with us with some stuck outside and in the end just went back to the pubs and some other lads being sprayed with gas and then at the end why did we have hoards of riot police fully geared up in front of us

I saw not one Liverpool fan causing any trouble at all - it was good natured between both sets of fans - all the issues came from useless stewards closing gates and the French police

The atmosphere was one of relief in the stands and it was hard for people to get going

As for the game , we just didn’t take our chances and Courtois had one of those games - lads looked heartbroken but I have no doubt the manager will pick them up and go again

Time to get back for the parade
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,640 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #899: May 29, 2022 08:45:39 am
      As Klopp said, to dream big you've got to be prepared to lose big.
      2nd in the Premier League by 1 point.
      Lost the CL Final by 1 goal and a goal keeper masterclass.

It be like that sometimes.
      I hope Klopp gets what he needs to go again next season.
      A few fresh faces in to cover the few that leave.
      Enough to reignite the group for another run at everything.

YNWA
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1526 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #900: May 29, 2022 08:46:46 am
      Still gutted. Madrid was there for the taking but I think our legs had gone from such a long season. We just didn't turn up on the day. We set high standards because we are of a high standard. That's why it hurts. We go again.

Nothing to say about the tear gas incidents, but I get the impression the police were in the wrong with their heavy-handed tactics.

YNWA

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,640 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #901: May 29, 2022 08:53:10 am
      Still gutted. Madrid was there for the taking but I think our legs had gone from such a long season. We just didn't turn up on the day. We set high standards because we are of a high standard. That's why it hurts. We go again.

Nothing to say about the tear gas incidents, but I get the impression the police were in the wrong with their heavy-handed tactics.

YNWA

We did turn up.

https://twitter.com/MaddockMirror/status/1530666958659923968?s=20&t=KFGIiN-ShFovWXogxYdgqA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,640 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #902: May 29, 2022 08:54:35 am
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,662 posts | 490 
      Reply #903: May 29, 2022 08:55:53 am
      Can't say much, but gutted. I don't know, but our fowards weren't quite upto standards. Or so has been the case since last 5 matches. Maybe a soft reset in front line? Well anyhow. I wish I was there to join in on parade regardless as the lads have had a brilliant year. Gotta take a break from football now .
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,373 posts | 1541 
      Reply #904: May 29, 2022 09:03:22 am
      Some struggling for fitness, some struggling for form, and a keeper who probably played his best game ever.

WTF On to next season.

Who’s staying, who’s moving on, and who’s coming in ?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1526 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #905: May 29, 2022 09:13:05 am

I don't think we did Racer. Sure the stats don't lie, and I do think we were the better team overall, but we didn't really play well as we have during the season. We looked heavy-legged out there. We've played a lot of games this season, and those extra time penalties finals, right at the end of a long season, just take it out of you. Still, all that said, I think the reason we lost is that Courtois had the game of his life! He was the difference (did he have man of the match? I don't know).

It just wasn't to be, but even so, I don't think we helped our cause. Not criticising the lads one single bit, they have been giants all season but they just ran out of gas. Just a bit heartbroken.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,486 posts | 3438 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #906: May 29, 2022 09:27:35 am
      So far I have seen calls for Trent to move to midfield,  the midfield to be upgraded and the front 3 to be moved on. Imagine what we could have achieved if we were any good 🙄
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #907: May 29, 2022 09:36:51 am
      Heartbroken.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6970 
      Reply #908: May 29, 2022 09:39:32 am
      I’m not sure where to start

Was one of the worst experiences of my life and it had nothing to do with the game , the scenes before were frightening and my first feeling was that I was just glad to get in and out safely, can’t say the same for some lads with us with some stuck outside and in the end just went back to the pubs and some other lads being sprayed with gas and then at the end why did we have hoards of riot police fully geared up in front of us

I had been considering taking my two boys 7 and 10 but eventually decided against it. I've been to the Stade de France (not for an event) and found the general area it is in to be moody and have a strange atmosphere. 

I'm hearing that the bulk of Liverpool fans had to go out through two gates into the Paris nighttime to be faced by hundreds of thugs armed with knives and the police watching on.

Hope everyone gets home safely.  Seems weird to think the final might have been safer staying in F***ing Russia!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6970 
      Reply #909: May 29, 2022 09:41:23 am

Looking forward to it, as are my lads!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #910: May 29, 2022 09:43:08 am
      Funny how if we don't win anything, the season's a failure. Yet we won two cups and came in second in CL and League and are in a position that many fans would wish for. It's not too bad a season. Just that we were a little short of the quadruple. Fine margins here and there. Good job and let's go again.

Posts undermining our whole season's efforts if any would be a turn off.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #911: May 29, 2022 09:45:48 am
      games gone finished dont want to discuss it.
      However stories coming out of the disgusting way Liverpool supporters were targeted by the French Police because the Real Fans were in the ground early.
      Uefa straight away blaming fans its not F***ing Good enough and the Club need to grow a pair and condem UEFA not put out a half hearted statement asking for a review. WATCH THE f***in VIDEO they were treated like animals. People could have died. Press had their phones removed and evidence of brutality deleted.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,601 posts | 1682 
      • YNWA
      Reply #912: May 29, 2022 09:54:40 am

Pretty tough to take alright, the way the game went.

But more gutted for the players and staff, to put in the effort they did and loose the league by one miserable point and then the CL in the same week.

Hope they get a massive welcome home and the reception their season's efforts deserve.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #913: May 29, 2022 09:55:48 am
      Just remember this morning how good Konate was last night.

What a player we have on our hands
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #914: May 29, 2022 09:57:15 am
      Funny how if we don't win anything, the season's a failure. Yet we won two cups and came in second in CL and League and are in a position that many fans would wish for. It's not too bad a season. Just that we were a little short of the quadruple. Fine margins here and there. Good job and let's go again.

Posts undermining our whole season's efforts if any would be a turn off.

Still incredibly proud of what we have done of course but this hurts, it could be the hangover mind.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      Reply #915: May 29, 2022 09:59:53 am
      It would have been wonderful to end the season on a high, by winning last night. It wasn't to be, finishing up with two domestic cups feels like a failure, showing the truly high standards set by Jürgen Klopp, since arriving at the club !
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 895 
      Reply #916: May 29, 2022 10:10:10 am
      It would have been wonderful to end the season on a high, by winning last night. It wasn't to be, finishing up with two domestic cups feels like a failure, showing the truly high standards set by Jürgen Klopp, since arriving at the club !

Two domestic cups doesn't feel like a failure to me personally. I want us to win a trophy every season and we won two of them.

Im gutted like everyone else here but we won 2 trophies in this season and to me it counts as a successfull season.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #917: May 29, 2022 10:10:53 am
      Well just about coming round from that gutted, didn't like Manes comments before the game but I've had time to think.

3 finals this year and not a single goal even though we created a bucket full of chances. Time to say it we need an out and out striker or we will fall further behind city now they have Haaland. So if Manes off we need to make sure of a decent replacement.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 842 posts | 302 
      Reply #918: May 29, 2022 10:25:22 am
      We had a 63 game season and we lost 4 games. 1 of those (inter in CL) was not a problem because we were 2-0 up from the first leg. I think we would probably have got a goal in that game if we needed it.

It's been 1 of the best Liverpool seasons I can remember (was born in 73 so only got the end of the shankly-dalglish period).

It hurts this morning because of the last 2 games. City coming from 2-0 down. RM were more clinical last night, took their goal well. Not watched it again but I don't think we can blame anyone for it. 2 players got pulled out of position trying to make the tackle then trent and Konate were struggling to cover the space that was left.

It's still a glorious time to be a LFC fan and Klopp can bring us more trophies. Maybe a few fresh faces are needed in midfield and front 3 but we still have very good foundations.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #919: May 29, 2022 10:25:27 am
      Well just about coming round from that gutted, didn't like Manes comments before the game but I've had time to think.

3 finals this year and not a single goal even though we created a bucket full of chances. Time to say it we need an out and out striker or we will fall further behind city now they have Haaland. So if Manes off we need to make sure of a decent replacement.

mate Mo won the golden boot again Sadio and Jota scored over 20 goals each. For some reason we played 3 finals and didnt score a goal and drew with City, Chelsea and Spurs. I dont know what the answer is .

Quick Reply