Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.4%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      62 (70.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      3 (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      11 (12.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.1%)
      Luis Diaz
      1 (1.1%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Jun 01, 2022 10:32:52 pm

Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34568 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #851: May 28, 2022 11:45:58 pm
      Gutted and absolutely heartbroken :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: If only they hadn't of had Courtois in goal... Going to bed to cry myself to sleep  :(

Head up Cas! There will be plenty more finals and title races to come! Plenty.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,016 posts | 228 
      Reply #852: May 28, 2022 11:46:40 pm
      Trents crossing was not great today.
      Exhausted going to bed to have nightmares
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,264 posts | 1118 
      Reply #853: May 28, 2022 11:49:20 pm
      In a world where you have to pay for almost everything (UCL and EPL) you need to cash in on these moments. Coming sooo close hurts pretty bad right now ;D........

City are going to invest. Madrid are always there. F**k, even Newcastle are going HAM. We need to reload and spend and go again....
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #854: May 28, 2022 11:52:14 pm
      Looking back at the goal, Virgil was backing off too much and let Valverde get forward and then put in what I thought was a scuffed shot.

I really think Trent should have stopped the shot, or at least attempted to. Why did he not do it?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #855: May 28, 2022 11:52:39 pm
      We lost out on winning one of the big two because of the other two cups. Simple as that.

But what really bothers me is 320mins of football in 3 finals and not one goal. That says enough.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,947 posts | 453 
      Reply #856: May 28, 2022 11:54:07 pm
      Let's be honest we need midfielders.

I know people like him on here but I'm not having a Naby at all. Ox is useless. Milner now a bit part. Hendo and Thiago into their 30s.

I think that's rhe area we need to solve and I think we should go and sign someone for the long term there. Will cost plenty but Jude Bellingham could be that man. The other linked is that one that's hard to spell who said he will choose between us or Madrid.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #857: May 28, 2022 11:54:20 pm
      At the end of the day, it's a game of footy.

Crying about it, isn't gonna change anything. It's done and dusted now. We go to the parade tomorrow to celebrate the season we've had in which we've won more than anybody else. We won two trophies, the rest of them didn't. We thank Jürgen and the boys for what they've given us and they in turn get a chance to thank us for the support we've given them over the season.

And then we look ahead to next season where all our hopes and dreams can start again.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,701 posts | 1656 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #858: May 28, 2022 11:55:06 pm
      Head up Cas! There will be plenty more finals and title races to come! Plenty.

You're right of course hun, I'm just so dissapointed for the players, Jürgen and the backroom staff and all the fans that made the journey there...the game to me seemed to fly by so fast, I felt we never really fully got into it and it was over.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,133 posts | 127 
      Reply #859: May 28, 2022 11:56:02 pm
      Lets call it, Lpool lost because we did'nt fkin score, cause our forwards have no vision or are selfish. you tick either box. So pissed off
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #860: May 29, 2022 12:03:25 am
      We have got ro figure out how to score goals during these finals. Just came seem to score from open play. To be fair we won a bunch of them, but this was bound to happen eventually.

2019 UCL final 2 goals (1 from opwn play)
      Super cup. 1 in 90 minutes, 1 in ET
      Club WC. 1 goal from ET
      Milk cup. 0 in 120 min.
      FA Cup. 0 in 120 min.
      Today. 0 goals in 90 minutes.

Gutted boys. Last week will leave a mark 😢

We very rarely meet a team that is willing to go toe to toe with us anymore. Couple that with our depleted energy levels due to the finals being played at the end of the Season and i think it paints a more clear picture.

Too many opponents are shutting doors, we need a skeleton key or 2. We definitely need an attacking midfielder. I don't think Elliott will get an extended run in the side next Season, got a feeling Klopp is going to wait another Season and then unleash him fully.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,133 posts | 127 
      Reply #861: May 29, 2022 12:04:45 am
      Ancholotti has always been a shithouse manager, and Klopp got took in by him, he played him and won.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,947 posts | 453 
      Reply #862: May 29, 2022 12:07:59 am
      Trents crossing was not great today.
      Exhausted going to bed to have nightmares

Going forward hes become a bit style over substance. For all the hollywood traits he's started to add to his passing its the basics he needs to remember.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #863: May 29, 2022 12:09:38 am
      For the record i thought our corners were atrocious today.
      YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool V Real Madrid
      Reply #864: May 29, 2022 12:11:38 am
      An amazing stat really, 3 cup finals, no goals.

That is an interesting point...
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 686 posts | 91 
      Reply #865: May 29, 2022 12:12:17 am
      Not the best, because of such a tall commanding keeper maybe short corners would be the way to go.
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2022 12:21:32 am by paulow63 »
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #866: May 29, 2022 12:14:14 am

yep this does stand out to me. had a real feeling of here we go again tonight about 20 mins in. which is mental when we've scored 140+ goals this season, suddenly you get a night like tonight when it feels like it will never go in... thats this stupid F***ing game i guess
      YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Reply #867: May 29, 2022 12:19:47 am
      I think we also need to see the positives.  Courtois made saves in all my 50 + years on this planet I have not seen anyone make so many of before.  The save against Salah was out of this world.  Also RM players were very good quality in several situations.  Maybe TAA made one slightly sleepy mistake but who doesn't, our finishing was either not the greatest or unlucky - and we hit the post and the Ref. was playing for Real Madrid, which is normal.  And I can't imagine how drained they may have felt after all these matches.

When we think where we were before Klopp and before Fenway Sports, this is still a great, enormous improvement.  More to come...

Enjoy yourselves everyone.  YNWA.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,264 posts | 1118 
      Reply #868: May 29, 2022 12:19:52 am
      I love this team sooo much. My name on here literally describes me teaching this love to my kids. However, the losses hurt more than winning trophies feels good. At least for me anyways

This last week has really sucked. This one hurts too 
      YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Reply #869: May 29, 2022 12:22:56 am
      At the end of the day, it's a game of footy.

Crying about it, isn't gonna change anything. It's done and dusted now. We go to the parade tomorrow to celebrate the season we've had in which we've won more than anybody else. We won two trophies, the rest of them didn't. We thank Jürgen and the boys for what they've given us and they in turn get a chance to thank us for the support we've given them over the season.

And then we look ahead to next season where all our hopes and dreams can start again.

Well said.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #870: May 29, 2022 12:34:33 am
      When we went a goal down it was big trouble. Real were rested and we were on our last legs so was always going to be difficult to build pressure to turn it around.

We just had to work so hard in the last month to keep going that there wasn't much left tonight. Scrapping for our lives to see off Villa, Southampton etc, going all the way to beat Chelsea in the FA Cup. To be fresh enough for a quadruple you need to be seeing off some teams within the first 30 minutes and I can''t remember the last time we did that.

To win big you have to lose big said Jürgen and this last 7 days it feels like we've lost really big. We were lucky enough to win two cups though and millions of fans across the world of various clubs would have killed for our season so we need to be proud. Take tonight on the chin, learn our lessons, sign some players and give it another go in August.

Up the F***ing Reds!
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #871: May 29, 2022 12:34:58 am
      The other things that’s happening a lot recently is that we seem to concede first.
      If memory serves me that’s 6 out of the last 7 games we have gone behind.
      That makes more work for us.
      If clawing back 14 points wasn’t draining then chasing every game will soon catch up with us.

I just watched it again.
      Not sure we deserved to lose but we didn’t deserve to win either.
      We weren’t at the races. Nothing clicked.

Anyway, roll on August.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #872: May 29, 2022 12:39:52 am
      Rewatched the highlights. I take anything back, 0.0 reason for us to have low heads, Real was plain luckier.

We had 8 good chances, 3 of them had top quality: Mané‘s post hit, Salah‘s header but unfortunately right into Courtois‘ arms, Salah‘s late shot that was deflected from Courtois‘s arm.

Real had 2 good chances, both had top quality.

That was a CL Final and you always get 1-2 big chances against you, but we created more than enough. No need to second-guess anything, just move on like Klopp said in his interview. We tried properly, the rest is fate which you cannot control.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #873: May 29, 2022 12:41:47 am

Not the best by some way.  Couple not beating the first man.  Some inswingers straight to their 8 foot tall keeper!  Didn't create enough carnage in the box and even the chances that fell to the edge (Henderson and Keita I can remember) were not put back on target.

However, the losses hurt more than winning trophies feels good. At least for me anyways

This last week has really sucked. This one hurts too

I think I felt much worse after 2018 to be honest.  I wasn't sure how long it would be before we would win a trophy back then.

Now, I'm fairly confident I'm going to see us challenging over the next four years in all competitions. 

It's not too long since our seasons used to end in February so I'm quite happy to take a bit of a detached look at us and realise that we are in the middle of a golden period. 

Quick Reply