Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

Darwin Nunez - Benfica

Read 29902 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,540 posts | 3472 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Darwin Nunez - Benfica
      Reply #69: Jun 08, 2022 09:27:14 pm
      Keep on seeing the quoted price in euros, not sure what the exchange rate is at the moment.  Anyway I am really excited as the prospect of him signing,  will be devastated to see sadio go, even taki as well as divvy. However football doesn't stand still and I don't think the price tag is particularly relevant. We want the player, benfica would want a tidy some for someone who scored a lot and is still very young. Supply and demand, the way Jürgen talked about him after we played benfics suggested to me that he was already on the radar.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #70: Jun 08, 2022 09:28:52 pm
      Anyone know how the Nike deal is going for us after this blistering season? Might be the reason we can afford to go big while losing Mane for peanuts and Salah next year for nothing.

This fella looks amazing to me. It might seem a bit steep, but he could be a game changer. He's mostly a striker and we never had that before with Klopp. VVD rates him in the top five players he ever faced, his performance against us was exceptional. I'm full of excitement about this!

Did Virgil say that? That’s a pretty decent compliment if he did. I agree he will be brought in to play through the middle more often than not if it happens.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #71: Jun 08, 2022 09:33:35 pm
      Did Virgil say that? That’s a pretty decent compliment if he did. I agree he will be brought in to play through the middle more often than not if it happens.

I haven't checked it, my bad. But he was damn good against us!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,440 posts | 6431 
      Reply #72: Jun 08, 2022 09:39:20 pm
      Keep on seeing the quoted price in euros, not sure what the exchange rate is at the moment.  Anyway I am really excited as the prospect of him signing,  will be devastated to see sadio go, even taki as well as divvy. However football doesn't stand still and I don't think the price tag is particularly relevant. We want the player, benfica would want a tidy some for someone who scored a lot and is still very young. Supply and demand, the way Jürgen talked about him after we played benfics suggested to me that he was already on the radar.

I think the first bid we've made (if you believe reports) is around 68m pounds plus add ons.

Yes apparently he named Messi, Haaland, Mbappe, Aguero and this kid. It was an interview with Rio Ferdinand
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,015 posts | 228 
      Reply #73: Jun 08, 2022 09:51:04 pm
       I think it was his 1st or 2nd season with Benfica he went under the knife and he also was out for 6 weeks with Covid He struggled over the course of the season with the effects of the virus and various injuries. This season is were he has shined
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,540 posts | 3472 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #74: Jun 08, 2022 09:51:19 pm
      If he's only half as good as the last Uruguayan striker we signed then I will more than settle for that.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,015 posts | 228 
      Reply #75: Jun 08, 2022 09:55:59 pm
      Benfica going to try and make payday as they will have to pay 20% sale on fee to the Spanish club he was at.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,265 posts | 1230 
      Reply #76: Jun 08, 2022 10:06:09 pm
      I haven't checked it, my bad. But he was damn good against us!

He was good; stand out player for them. If he's someone we've been watching closely for a long period of time it will have confirmed he is ready for the step up. £85m doesn't like quite so bad if there are performance related add ons packed in and reasonable wages, as they will be compared with someone like Haaland (by about half I reckon).
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #77: Jun 08, 2022 11:34:49 pm
      I’m not overly excited about him. He’s a goal scorer which gives us another option but I’m not convinced about his link up play.
      I just don’t see how salah and Nunez could compliment each other without a bobby pulling the strings. Diaz Nunez and salah seems a bit like Kevin Keegans Newcastle to me.

He’s young enough to improve though. And I don’t care about the cost.

We will see.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #78: Jun 09, 2022 01:29:56 am
      Are people just discounting 21-goal scorer Diogo Jota going forward for us?

He's going to be an important part of any Liverpool team this season.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,681 posts | 3901 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #79: Jun 09, 2022 01:45:49 am

No. But he did definitely have a drop of right at the business end of the season.
      If Nunez arrives then there are worse options than having Jota rotate in for Nunez or Diaz.
      CT_LFC

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #80: Jun 09, 2022 02:18:12 am

No, but with losing 2 forwards (Mane and Origi) we need a quality body up front. Jota should have a key role next season.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #81: Jun 09, 2022 02:37:17 am
      The potential departure of Sadio is a pivotal moment in Jürgen's reign. Hence, his replacement is going to determine the way forward for us. Based on Jürgen's comments last season, there may be a few departures this season as he said we will rebuild and come back stronger. Hopefully this kid works out for us.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,908 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #82: Jun 09, 2022 03:16:10 am
      Put Jürgen's polish on this kid and he will most likely be worth double the quoted figures, if not by next season but definitely, the Season after it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,333 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #83: Jun 09, 2022 06:27:22 am
      Put Jürgen's polish on this kid and he will most likely be worth double the quoted figures, if not by next season but definitely, the Season after it.

He’s coming to United….. fcuk off  :f_whistle:
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #84: Jun 09, 2022 07:15:01 am
      He's perfect for our style !
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,182 posts | 533 
      Reply #85: Jun 09, 2022 08:33:02 am
      He’s coming to United….. fcuk off  :f_whistle:

Why would he want to go to a crock of sh*t that is United.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #86: Jun 09, 2022 08:37:11 am
      "When Liverpool drew with Spurs last month, they crossed the ball 46 times. Trent Alexander-Arnold delivered the most crosses in the league last season. Having seen him in the flesh, it's Nunez's aerial ability that impressed me."

At least that's what Chris Sutton said.

Imagine a team that crosses the ball as LFC does, who, last season, had the second-best if not the best record of scoring goals from corners, and Nunez' 6' 3" frame on the end of those crosses.

Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #87: Jun 09, 2022 08:59:57 am
      Chris Sutton was waxing lyrical about his aerial prowess in an article I read yesterday. That was encouraging given the amount of crosses we put in at times. Also, Sutton was very good in the air in his day so that could be useful, the lad is 6’2 but he also looks mobile and nimble on his feet with a bit of pace too.

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,533 posts | 225 
      Reply #88: Jun 09, 2022 09:02:12 am
      I’m not overly excited about him. He’s a goal scorer which gives us another option but I’m not convinced about his link up play.
      I just don’t see how salah and Nunez could compliment each other without a bobby pulling the strings. Diaz Nunez and salah seems a bit like Kevin Keegans Newcastle to me.

He’s young enough to improve though. And I don’t care about the cost.

We will see.

He is a replacement for when salah goes as the main goal scorer. He’s got that hunger to fight on the pitch and won’t stop running till the end. Has quality and terrorised our defence. Now admittedly we play a high line so that could have been a huge factor but he simply oozes quality

The next suarez/Cavani in terms of how good he will be. Seems to be a bit of a mixture of both too in terms of how he plays

And he is so young, let mane go, then we can bed him in next season

Then salah goes and he takes the mantle whilst we bring in another player to link up

Too many times in the past we watched teams take the young gems. It feels good seeing us get the best upcoming players
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,533 posts | 225 
      Reply #89: Jun 09, 2022 09:04:01 am
      Anyone know how the Nike deal is going for us after this blistering season? Might be the reason we can afford to go big while losing Mane for peanuts and Salah next year for nothing.

This fella looks amazing to me. It might seem a bit steep, but he could be a game changer. He's mostly a striker and we never had that before with Klopp. VVD rates him in the top five players he ever faced, his performance against us was exceptional. I'm full of excitement about this!

We will get 25-30m Sterling for mane for sure, take out his ages, origi and a couple of other lads will leave. The club will also invest in a bit even though we spent money on Diaz and we will fork out 10-12m on top

I can see us getting another 20-30m from other players going easily in total

With salah we have no choice as he is looking for that big pay packet on a free, will prob get 25-30m signing on fee next year

But our income is so much that we should be able to easily spend 60-70m per year prior to sales and wage reductions which we will make this summer imo

Yes we spent money on Diaz but I see this guy not impacting us a lot in terms of finances

Ox and a couple of defenders will go to bring us in 20-25 I feel

I am so excited like
      You are about this guys potential
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,511 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #90: Jun 09, 2022 09:14:05 am
      Don't know how reliable, if at all, but ay, it suits me so,  I'll take it

https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1534809191105298437?t=K5r1xWirEKVcGmWKVaLXVw&s=19
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,533 posts | 225 
      Reply #91: Jun 09, 2022 09:44:18 am

Incredible if we pulled this off so quickly

Quick Reply