Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Darwin Nunez - Benfica

Read 29963 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Darwin Nunez - Benfica
      Reply #92: Jun 09, 2022 09:51:46 am
      Never knew how fast he was, apparently he clocked in insane speeds last season, faster than Salah and only ever so slightly slower then Alphonso Davies, which is ridiculous…
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #93: Jun 09, 2022 09:52:56 am
      Fans are a funny bunch. One minute nobody's ever heard of him (more or less), the next, we're going into meltdown at the thought of not getting him.  ;D Me included.

The only downside I see, apart from the fact he might stink the place out, is he had surgery on a cruciate ligament injury when he was 17. A body young enough to bounce back, and it has been five years, but you never know.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #94: Jun 09, 2022 11:29:04 am
      My sentiment exactly.
      I don't really understand all the interest player fee's, The owners of the club have loads of money, it's there to be spent, and theirs to spend. To me it's like Monopoly money, it makes no difference to us what they pay....they're not going to bankrupt the club. I suspect if they bought 10 new players you wouldn't see John W Henry thumbing a lift to the ground!

All to do with the contracts.  Need a good level of education in financial and legal studies just to work out a fee.
      Yeah Henry would be pimping out Linda before he started hitching lifts to anywhere!! :laugh:

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #95: Jun 09, 2022 11:52:46 am
      Seems this one could be done in the coming days. Alot of money. JĂźrgen must be totally convinced by him and that's all that matters.

We've scored next to no goals in the no9 position for a few years now unless sadio or Diogo has played there so this could potentially add alot of goals to our team.

Diaz Nunez Mane ... unlikely to come true I'd love to see it 😀
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #96: Jun 09, 2022 11:56:21 am

Why would he want to go to a crock of sh*t that is United.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Bigger club with more fans for starters  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #97: Jun 09, 2022 12:00:39 pm
      Fans are a funny bunch. One minute nobody's ever heard of him (more or less), the next, we're going into meltdown at the thought of not getting him.  ;D Me included.

The only downside I see, apart from the fact he might stink the place out, is he had surgery on a cruciate ligament injury when he was 17. A body young enough to bounce back, and it has been five years, but you never know.

I’m in total agreement  ;D One min it’s never heard of him, next he’s the best in the business when coming to a said club by the fan base.  :lmao:

Said same thing about a couple of knee injuries when he was a teenager.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,182 posts | 533 
      Reply #98: Jun 09, 2022 12:02:42 pm

Are but we are the most successful club in England that's why us and not you.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #99: Jun 09, 2022 12:03:49 pm
      Are but we are the most successful club in England that's why us and not you.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Will turn that round again but please don’t ask me when.  :lmao:
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,182 posts | 533 
      Reply #100: Jun 09, 2022 12:05:27 pm

Well Keith, if you turn as quick as Maguire does then you are in trouble.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #101: Jun 09, 2022 12:06:23 pm
      Quote from Norfolk Red link=topic=53094.msg2482784 #msg2482784 date=1654772727
      Well Keith, if you turn as quick as Maguire does then you are in trouble.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I fell right into that one.  :f_doh:   :lmao: :lmao:
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,182 posts | 533 
      Reply #102: Jun 09, 2022 12:09:11 pm
      I fell right into that one.  :f_doh:   :lmao: :lmao:

You did fella, all good fun though.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,533 posts | 225 
      Reply #103: Jun 09, 2022 12:18:53 pm

In alll seriousness, United are a europa league team, maybe like West Ham is a good comparison to you guys. When someone like us come for a player, there is little to no hope a player choosing you lot unless they have little ambition other than money or are a die hard United fan which is possible

You shouldn’t try to compete with us for players, it’s men against boys, go one step lower and try to find gems to build your way back up

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5047 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #104: Jun 09, 2022 02:10:27 pm

f***in hell Keith, I Hope you’ve been cloned, cos that’s the only way you’ll witness your lot turning it around, I mean the Titanic will turn quicker and that’s at the arse of the Atlantic  :lmao:

On topic;

If this happens…..£85m for a 22 year old minimum of 5 years, is peanuts, when you factor in shirts sales, merchandise, etc likelihood is he’d extend too so potentially it’s a very good piece of business, especially when you consider amortisation,

I get it when ppl jump all over it when a player is linked without previous interest, but that’s the beauty of getting business done quickly isn’t it, no one else knows what your up to, look at Diaz in Jan for a prime example, who the F**k else seen that happening ?

We were famous for it in the past in particular in  ‘Sir Bob’s’ tenure, ‘Who the F**k is this Ian Rush’ fella we’ve just signed from Chester, reverberated around the Kop, and look how that turned out, he bagged one or two didn’t he ? :f_whistle:

I think this will get done, and it could spell the end of the road for Mo, not Mane, Bayern apparently have increased their offer to ÂŁ30m + 3 balon d’ors, two Champions leagues, a few German domestic titles with cups, and a dirty weekend away with some bi*ch in the Bayern office, but we’ve turned them down, apparently the bi*ch in the office has contracted Chlamydia from Lydia her Slutty flat mate, so it’s  Auf Wieidersehen to that deal,  >:D

Mo it seems will be happy to run down his contract unless someone comes in for him, and the fact that contract negotiations seem to have stalled and most likely to be stalemate, and we are imminently bringing in his replacement already, add all that together it doesn’t take any rocket scientist’s to work out what’s going on ?

REFUSAL, seems a popular word atm, from Trent’s  refusal to sing that f***in awful dirge, FSG refusal of Mo’s demands,  :mad:, and now LFC refusal at Bayern’s latest offer for Mane  ;D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:,

Something has to give, and unfortunately I think Mo will go, his demands obviously go beyond what FSG see as good business sense considering his age and the length of deal he wants, opposed to bringing in a younger cheaper model with a longer contract at probably half the cost or less, as for Mane, well Bayern are as far as I’m aware the only club to come in for him and we’ve basically told them to foxtrot Oscar, but if they did come back say with £35m, we’d be mad not to at least consider, we got him for Saints for £34m, I would hate to see him leave but at price and with only one year left it’s a no brainer for me !!

We await for breaking news with bated breath up and down the land, and in Munich dare I say !!

Y  N  W  A
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,499 posts | 826 
      Reply #105: Jun 09, 2022 02:36:13 pm

F**kin hell Keith, I Hope you’ve been cloned, cos that’s the only way you’ll witness your lot turning it around, I mean the Titanic will turn quicker and that’s at the arse of the Atlantic  :lmao:

We've got a PM who's got the art of the Refusal off to a T

On topic;

If this happens…..£85m for a 22 year old minimum of 5 years, is peanuts, when you factor in shirts sales, merchandise, etc likelihood is he’d extend too so potentially it’s a very good piece of business, especially when you consider amortisation,

I get it when ppl jump all over it when a player is linked without previous interest, but that’s the beauty of getting business done quickly isn’t it, no one else knows what your up to, look at Diaz in Jan for a prime example, who the f**k else seen that happening ?

We were famous for it in the past in particular in  ‘Sir Bob’s’ tenure, ‘Who the f**k is this Ian Rush’ fella we’ve just signed from Chester, reverberated around the Kop, and look how that turned out, he bagged one or two didn’t he ? :f_whistle:

I think this will get done, and it could spell the end of the road for Mo, not Mane, Bayern apparently have increased their offer to ÂŁ30m + 3 balon d’ors, two Champions leagues, a few German domestic titles with cups, and a dirty weekend away with some bi*ch in the Bayern office, but we’ve turned them down, apparently the bi*ch in the office has contracted Chlamydia from Lydia her Slutty flat mate, so it’s  Auf Wieidersehen to that deal,  >:D

Mo it seems will be happy to run down his contract unless someone comes in for him, and the fact that contract negotiations seem to have stalled and most likely to be stalemate, and we are imminently bringing in his replacement already, add all that together it doesn’t take any rocket scientist’s to work out what’s going on ?

REFUSAL, seems a popular word atm, from Trent’s  refusal to sing that f***in awful dirge, FSG refusal of Mo’s demands,  :mad:, and now LFC refusal at Bayern’s latest offer for Mane  ;D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:,

Something has to give, and unfortunately I think Mo will go, his demands obviously go beyond what FSG see as good business sense considering his age and the length of deal he wants, opposed to bringing in a younger cheaper model with a longer contract at probably half the cost or less, as for Mane, well Bayern are as far as I’m aware the only club to come in for him and we’ve basically told them to foxtrot Oscar, but if they did come back say with £35m, we’d be mad not to at least consider, we got him for Saints for £34m, I would hate to see him leave but at price and with only one year left it’s a no brainer for me !!

We await for breaking news with bated breath up and down the land, and in Munich dare I say !!

Y  N  W  A

...We have a PM who's got the art of Refusal off to a T
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,639 posts | 131 
      Reply #106: Jun 09, 2022 02:53:46 pm
      https://theathletic.com/news/liverpool-darwin-nunez-transfer-latest/u7JSN4b7Y3ba/

Liverpool have reached an agreement on personal terms with Benfica striker Darwin Nunez, The Athletic understands

Seems like this is really going to happen now…

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #107: Jun 09, 2022 03:19:58 pm

F**kin hell Keith, I Hope you’ve been cloned, cos that’s the only way you’ll witness your lot turning it around, I mean the Titanic will turn quicker and that’s at the arse of the Atlantic  :lmao:

On topic;

I get it when ppl jump all over it when a player is linked without previous interest, but that’s the beauty of getting business done quickly isn’t it, no one else knows what your up to, look at Diaz in Jan for a prime example, who the f**k else seen that happening ?

We were famous for it in the past in particular in  ‘Sir Bob’s’ tenure, ‘Who the f**k is this Ian Rush’ fella we’ve just signed from Chester, reverberated around the Kop, and look how that turned out, he bagged one or two didn’t he ? :f_whistle:

Y  N  W  A

Crack me up every time I read your post. Hopefully we will meet up one day next time I take that Aussie fcuker back to Liverpool.  :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #108: Jun 09, 2022 03:41:29 pm
      https://theathletic.com/news/liverpool-darwin-nunez-transfer-latest/u7JSN4b7Y3ba/

Liverpool have reached an agreement on personal terms with Benfica striker Darwin Nunez, The Athletic understands

Seems like this is really going to happen now…

Unless he fails a medical I'd say it's as close to a done deal as can be at this point. Most of the "ITK" journos are saying that the clubs have agreed to terms, just need to hash out the details and the club and Nunez have already agreed on a deal to pay him around 100k per week.

Anytime someone brings up the transfer cost and compares it to Haaland just remember he'll likely be on whatever KDB is on (~400k per week) and he's only signing for 3 years and supposedly money going to his agent and father on top of his release clause will make him WAY more expensive than the deal for this kid.

Every transfer is a gamble but when we've spent big in the past, it's seemingly paid off.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #109: Jun 09, 2022 04:18:41 pm
      Oh how cute...reports that United's new boss is going to fly out to Portugal to meet with his agent. Talk about a waste of carbon emissions. Hope he bought some offsets for that trip.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #110: Jun 09, 2022 04:22:01 pm
      the player is set on a move to Anfield rather than UTD wonder why ?.If he goes to UTD A) he wasnt right for us if its just about money B) if he goes to UTD for the money he is at the right club.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,639 posts | 131 
      Reply #111: Jun 09, 2022 04:52:58 pm
      Anyone who is interested in how to “use” Nunez. Quite a good take. Anyone thinks he would fit into our system, or would we further evolve with him?

https://youtu.be/9wcS0Kn8gyQ

Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts | 28 
      Reply #112: Jun 09, 2022 05:42:20 pm
      No chance for 80m.  He is not a game changer like VVD.  I won't value him higher than Diaz.  This is also stupid to compare him to Haaland.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #113: Jun 09, 2022 05:58:18 pm
      Anfield Watch reporting "Darwin Nunez has made it clear he won’t listen to offers from rival clubs - including Manchester United, Atletico Madrid and Newcastle.⁣
      ⁣
      Nunez has told Benfica he only wants a move to Anfield. #LFC [david maddock - mirror]"
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #114: Jun 09, 2022 07:00:39 pm

Living off past histories aswell.

Quick Reply