Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 6th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W8 D1 L6

Joe Gomez Player Thread (D)

Read 171666 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,288 posts | 4938 
      Re: Joe Gomez Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1403: Apr 30, 2024 09:41:30 pm
      Yep, hard to disagree. Maybe not as creative going forward, but think we underestimated his contribution while in the first XI.

Some of us didn't underestimate it. ;)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,977 posts | 3059 
      Reply #1404: Apr 30, 2024 10:50:18 pm
      I didnt. Excellent cover for Robbo. No competition.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,034 posts | 534 
      Reply #1405: Apr 30, 2024 11:13:49 pm
      He was very good at LB. Not so good at RB but with Bradley on the scene he shouldnt be needed there much hopefully. (And didnt play there much this season.)
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,582 posts | 1096 
      Reply #1406: Yesterday at 04:27:27 pm
      Think Gomez will be happy with a change of manager. Get back to his best position of CB next season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,308 posts | 8594 
      Reply #1407: Yesterday at 05:01:59 pm
      Think Gomez will be happy with a change of manager. Get back to his best position of CB next season.

He was crap there last season and has done very well filling in at full back this season with the injuries we've had. Plus I'd say Quansah is ahead of him at centre back now.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 928 posts | 178 
      Reply #1408: Yesterday at 06:57:34 pm

Is this a wind up? This has to be a wind up.

Please tell me this is a wind up ffs.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,094 posts | 3445 
      Reply #1409: Yesterday at 07:02:05 pm

Who is being dropped for him ?

VVD or Konate/Quansah
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,288 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1410: Yesterday at 08:03:23 pm

Nah his best position now is fullback for me.

Should never have been dropped so easily.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,977 posts | 3059 
      Reply #1411: Yesterday at 08:26:46 pm
      Nah his best position now is fullback for me.

Should never have been dropped so easily.

Mate he was dropped for the best left back we've ever had who was (yet again) outstanding today.

That's not dropped easily. It's dropped appropriately.

Joe is great. He's cover for Robbo till we get a natural LB replacement over time. I love Joe but the narrative that he should've held the jersey is nonsensical.
      rossyred

• 9,300 posts | 1667 
      Reply #1412: Yesterday at 11:19:55 pm
      Horseshit. Nonsensical ? Gomez was doing just fine funny that when he got took out of the team we did not win against Utd(twice) , Everton,Palace and West Ham
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,190 posts | 1099 
      Reply #1413: Yesterday at 11:29:24 pm
      To say we started losing because Robbo came in the team is a bit daft. Joe has had a good year and very much has a place in this team, but he isn't better than Robbo. Andy has been looking like he's found some old form of late. Need guys like Joe though, lad plays all over our back line and does usually does a fine job
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 928 posts | 178 
      Reply #1414: Yesterday at 11:31:13 pm
      He was always going to be dropped once Robbo and Trent were back fully up to speed. If Trent starts at RB then we can't really have Gomez starting at LB as only one can do the inverting and Gomez as a normal LB offers nothing going forward (as we saw in the draw at Luton and the loss at Arsenal).

Gomez did do fine when he was asked to fill in but that's just his role in the team....to fill in/give others a rest.

He was poor in the Sheffield Utd game and the goal he was partly at fault for and since then he hasn't started a game in the league. His other start was in that 0-3 home loss to Atalanta.
      rossyred

• 9,300 posts | 1667 
      Reply #1415: Yesterday at 11:32:09 pm
      To say we started losing because Robbo came in the team is a bit daft. Joe has had a good year and very much has a place in this team, but he isn't better than Robbo. Andy has been looking like he's found some old form of late. Need guys like Joe though, lad plays all over our back line and does usually does a fine job

Who has said that ?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,190 posts | 1099 
      Reply #1416: Today at 02:04:59 am
      Maybe I misunderstood your post. You said something about when Joe came out the squad we lost a bunch of games. Tbf, you didn't say anything specifically about Robbo. Again, if I misunderstood then that's on me, my bad. Joe has looked the best on the left this season and Robbo came back around that time, but he also filled in for RB too.

Either way, awesome squad player and one who if he ever scored I will go mad and lose my sh*t in celebrating 😆

Quick Reply