Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 91664 times
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,490 posts | 220 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #1357: Apr 21, 2024 07:58:09 pm
      Had 20 mins today and looks miles off. Offside, poor shots/decision making again. And could be doing with a strong finish to the season with summer coming.
      He is 5th choice now and will struggle to see him starting any games till the end of the season unless we have injuries
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,087 posts | 3445 
      Reply #1358: Apr 21, 2024 08:06:22 pm
      He is 5th choice now and will struggle to see him starting any games till the end of the season unless we have injuries

He will start on Wednesday
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #1359: Apr 21, 2024 09:59:18 pm

He was everyone's favourite a few weeks ago but now 5th choice..They all have own strengths and weaknesses and all 5 have had downturns in form he will be needed and will start games whether we have injuries or not
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 6394 
      Reply #1360: Apr 21, 2024 11:11:46 pm

I guarantee he isn’t 5th choice 😂😂
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,594 posts | 745 
      Reply #1361: Apr 22, 2024 12:04:03 am
      He was everyone's favourite a few weeks ago but now 5th choice..

I swear some of these posts are worse than Football Twitter
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #1362: Apr 22, 2024 01:20:11 am
      Nunez will be gold when we abandon Klopp‘s high-line-ball-possession-style and play more like Tottenham or Atletico because then he gets space which benefits his speed. What style of football does Amorim play?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #1363: Apr 22, 2024 01:46:53 am
      Had 20 mins today and looks miles off. Offside, poor shots/decision making again. And could be doing with a strong finish to the season with summer coming.
      I'm reaching the conclusion that he may never fulfill the expectations of becoming the lethal striker many envision him to be. In my view, exceptional strikers share a similarity with goalkeepers: in moments of pressure, they remain composed. They assess their surroundings, including the positioning of the goalkeeper and defenders, and make calculated decisions about their body positioning and choice of finish. Even after this analysis, they maintain the composure necessary to execute the finish with technical precision, increasing their chances of scoring.

Darwin, at 25 this summer, seems to lack the qualities needed to become a lethal striker. From my observations, he hasn't shown any significant effort to develop these traits in his game either. While he demonstrates intelligence in his runs to find scoring opportunities, his execution falls short; once he gains possession, he often appears frantic and uncontrolled. Most of his strengths lie in physical attributes such as strength, power, speed, and agility, but these alone are insufficient to excel as a striker. I say "most" because nobody can take away from him the fact that his runs without the ball are smart and calculated. With that said, without the necessary composure and technical skill to finish consistently, his physical prowess won't elevate him to the level of a very good, let alone top-class, striker.

Does that mean I don't want him in the team? No, not really, but he's not the striker to carry a club like LFC and its ambitions.

Now, if anybody (I obviously don't mean you bmck) disagrees, I'd be curious to hear your opinions, but please, none of that "Wow, you don't know how to back the lads" or "oh so he hits a bump in the road and that's when the negative stuff surfaces" type of nonsense. Any opinion that isn't praise or encouragement isn't automatically knee-jerk negativity. I've presented my reasons for doubting whether he'll meet the lofty expectations set for him or justify the hefty price tag associated with him. It doesn't mean I hate him, but I personally wouldn't mind for my club to eventually upgrade to a lethal striker, no doubt like Arsenal will in the summer and like City did before last season.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 883 posts | 173 
      Reply #1364: Apr 22, 2024 01:52:20 am
      I swear some of these posts are worse than Football Twitter

That post probably is from football twitter, KeepTheFaith has very much LostTheFaithwhere Nunez is concerned, hasn’t shied away from making that point at every conceivable opportunity he gets.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,056 posts | 2728 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1365: Apr 22, 2024 09:07:14 am
      Nunez will be gold when we abandon Klopp‘s high-line-ball-possession-style and play more like Tottenham or Atletico because then he gets space which benefits his speed. What style of football does Amorim play?

Even I can’t help but notice you’re a wum of the biggest order.   :lmao: What’s your secret for getting away with it all the time?
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 128 
      Reply #1366: Apr 22, 2024 09:13:33 am
      Even I can’t help but notice you’re a wum of the biggest order.   :lmao: What’s your secret for getting away with it all the time?
      It will go away if you don't quote its posts....
      Notice I said "its"....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,803 posts | 6750 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1367: Apr 22, 2024 10:19:52 am
      Had 20 mins today and looks miles off. Offside, poor shots/decision making again.

All this and then he smiles.

Drives me F***ing nuts!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,565 posts | 1799 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1368: Apr 22, 2024 10:24:32 am
      Bit off form just now, but he's still dangerous when on the park.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,087 posts | 3445 
      Reply #1369: Apr 22, 2024 10:36:28 am
      Yep

Some clearly can’t tell the different between form and ability

The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 883 posts | 173 
      Reply #1370: Apr 22, 2024 10:43:51 am
      Good movement and full of running when he came on, if Salah's pass was played a little lighter then he probably scores.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,056 posts | 2728 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1371: Apr 22, 2024 10:56:43 am

He’s an enigma and I just don’t know if that will ever change now. It’s been two years Brez. How long do you give it before saying enough is enough?
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 883 posts | 173 
      Reply #1372: Apr 22, 2024 11:03:22 am
      He’s an enigma and I just don’t know if that will ever change now. It’s been two years Brez. How long do you give it before saying enough is enough?

But this isn't FM Keith, you can't just bin off someone as and when whilst bringing in a replacement (say Isak or Watkins) as and when and then expect them to hit the ground running. Doesn't quite work out that way. The dude is our record signing (on par with Virg), in the same way Maguire was once Utd's.....and look how long you've kept him.

The club will enter a new era in the summer, so who knows? Maybe then.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,056 posts | 2728 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1373: Apr 22, 2024 11:13:39 am
      But this isn't FM Keith, you can't just bin off someone as and when whilst bringing in a replacement (say Isak or Watkins) as and when and then expect them to hit the ground running. Doesn't quite work out that way. The dude is our record signing (on par with Virg), in the same way Maguire was once Utd's.....and look how long you've kept him.

The club will enter a new era in the summer, so who knows? Maybe then.
      I’m not saying bin him off Mighty, just how long do you give him? Question! If it continues into next tear do you still side with him?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2846 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1374: Apr 22, 2024 11:39:05 am
      Defo a talented player there just needs some lessons off God on finishing and also learn the offside rule!!
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 883 posts | 173 
      Reply #1375: Apr 22, 2024 11:54:55 am
      I’m not saying bin him off Mighty, just how long do you give him? Question! If it continues into next tear do you still side with him?
      As long as it takes for him to improve his finishing. He's improved from last season, so slight improvements year on year he's bound to have a season where some luck goes his way and he hits 30+ goals. The fact he could be on 30+ goals already is encouraging enough for me.

If he's still putting the numbers he has this season then of course, dude is on track to hit 100+ goals for the club before his contract runs out.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 6394 
      Reply #1376: Apr 22, 2024 12:32:18 pm
      As long as it takes for him to improve his finishing. He's improved from last season, so slight improvements year on year he's bound to have a season where some luck goes his way and he hits 30+ goals. The fact he could be on 30+ goals already is encouraging enough for me.

If he's still putting the numbers he has this season then of course, dude is on track to hit 100+ goals for the club before his contract runs out.

Darwin will be here for a while. FFS, look at his goal involvements. So he misses some easy ones but he also makes some really hard ones. Works his ass of all the time, should only get better and better.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,565 posts | 1799 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1377: Apr 22, 2024 12:39:51 pm

Nothing wrong with enigma. Classic tunes. L o l
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,565 posts | 1799 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1378: Apr 22, 2024 12:41:10 pm
      18 goals 13 assist in all comps.

Ntb
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2846