Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 96740 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #1472: May 05, 2024 05:27:42 pm
      How much do you reckon Isak would cost factori g in Premier League prices?

£70m+ for me, pulled the figure out my ass but he is a top class finisher and with PL premium and Newcastle probably having no intention of selling him can't see it being below that.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #1473: May 05, 2024 06:47:15 pm
      How much do you reckon Isak would cost factori g in Premier League prices?

70-75m I think is possible

Nunez aside and all our disagreements aside, the man is a top top class player

I got a feeling he won’t be at Newcastle for long either way
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #1474: May 05, 2024 06:50:14 pm
      70-75m I think is possible

Nunez aside and all our disagreements aside, the man is a top top class player

I got a feeling he won’t be at Newcastle for long either way

He cost Newcastle £63mil and two years later after becoming one of there most important players you think he can be bought for £70-75mil

It’s going to cost a significant amount more than £70mil
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #1475: May 05, 2024 06:58:33 pm
      He cost Newcastle £63mil and two years later after becoming one of there most important players you think he can be bought for £70-75mil

It’s going to cost a significant amount more than £70mil

I think ffp may force their hand possibly ?and clubs outside of the premier league won’t be able to afford him. Not sure really but worth a try for sure as he is a quality player who really would give us something different

Certainly is a worth a punt
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #1476: May 05, 2024 07:00:02 pm
      I think ffp may force their hand possibly ?and clubs outside of the premier league won’t be able to afford him. Not sure really but worth a try for sure as he is a quality player who really would give us something different

Certainly is a worth a punt

They will be selling Guimeras for £100mil to PSG

Whilst Isak is a very good player - it’s going to cost close to £100mil

We aren’t going to spend that level of money on a single player
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,217 posts | 1106 
      Reply #1477: May 05, 2024 10:40:49 pm
      Saw a thing today where his Insta page has no Liverpool pics and only has pics of him with his national team. Supposedly he removed all of his content with us, the way I read it...

Interesting
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #1478: May 05, 2024 10:51:08 pm
      Saw a thing today where his Insta page has no Liverpool pics and only has pics of him with his national team. Supposedly he removed all of his content with us, the way I read it...

Interesting

Can anyone blame him for the amount of abuse he takes on his social media from so called supporters?
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,053 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1479: May 05, 2024 10:59:56 pm

Interesting

His profile pic on both his twitter and Insta are literally him in a Liverpool shirt and Liverpool is also in his bio on both......didn't really need to look beyond that.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,922 posts | 441 
      Reply #1480: May 05, 2024 11:14:46 pm

Is annoying isn't it seeing the same thing over and over again and nothing ever changes no matter how much you hope otherwise.

Anyway enough about Nunez running offside and missing easy chances back to Don's posts.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,217 posts | 1106 
      Reply #1481: May 05, 2024 11:25:54 pm
      His profile pic on both his twitter and Insta are literally him in a Liverpool shirt and Liverpool is also in his bio on both......didn't really need to look beyond that.
      Yeah, I dunno. Just saw a post by Redmen TV. Very lazy on my part tbf
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #1482: May 06, 2024 02:14:14 am
      Yeah, I dunno. Just saw a post by Redmen TV. Very lazy on my part tbf

Redmen tv have historically not been very clickbait-ish, But it seems nowadays as they've expanded, they delve into it a lot more.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #1483: May 06, 2024 02:15:10 am

The more polarizing and vitriolic online media becomes, the more often this type of sh*t is going to happen. And its ugly. Hate to see it.
      « Last Edit: May 06, 2024 02:20:35 am by PastorGeek »
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,053 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1484: May 06, 2024 02:32:16 am
      Is annoying isn't it seeing the same thing over and over again and nothing ever changes no matter how much you hope otherwise.

Anyway enough about Nunez running offside and missing easy chances back to Don's posts.

We won the game, is it really necessary? We will now see another 50 posts minimum about it before we next play guaranteed, is there really nothing else going on at the club worth talking about that we keep having to speak of that 1 time he ran offside?
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,053 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1485: May 06, 2024 02:43:09 am
      Can anyone blame him for the amount of abuse he takes on his social media from so called supporters?

Just needs to block Don, Tickle and LostFaith and he’ll be fine.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,922 posts | 441 
      Reply #1486: May 06, 2024 07:25:34 am
      We won the game, is it really necessary? We will now see another 50 posts minimum about it before we next play guaranteed, is there really nothing else going on at the club worth talking about that we keep having to speak of that 1 time he ran offside?

To be fair at this point of the season not really. Some of these lads are playing for their places next season  and this boy keeps running offside and smashing it at goalies.

That being said messaging him abuse online is just out of order. And it won't help.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,847 posts | 6788 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1487: May 06, 2024 07:38:19 am
      £70m+ for me, pulled the figure out my ass but he is a top class finisher and with PL premium and Newcastle probably having no intention of selling him can't see it being below that.

Now mate, just used your post to segway myself in  :D 

Have been thinking since I saw that video doing the rounds of how many times Mo has set players on their way, clean thru on goal, only for them to totally F**k it, and of course Darwin is the most shown on the video, fluffing his lines and then again last night, when Darwin was offside just for something different, then didn't go around the keeper and finish what he should of.....

Imagine we had a Striker that loved to sit on the shoulders of defenders, the majority of times stayed onside, had blistering pace and definitely 100%, knew how to stick the ball in the back of the net, for a fraction of the price Isak or Harry Kane would cost and there's only one name I come up with currently playing for another Club, who I cannot believe we didn't inquire about, even if it was on a 6 month loan at the very least, when we had a chance.

Drumroll.....don't hate on me, but his name came to mind and the possibilities of the goals he would score, given the amount of chances we create is drool worthy.

JAMIE VARDY

__Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,922 posts | 441 
      Reply #1488: May 06, 2024 07:44:07 am
      Haha Vardy too old and not much of a finisher himself these days. Done okay this year in the Championshio but the season before think he got 3 Prem goals.

Anyway if you want to be pissed off even more than Vardy I could say Richarlison gave Nunez yesterday a lesson in holding his run and playing on the shoulder properly yesterday. Got caught once and after that cottoned on sharpish.

Obviously we don't want him and nor would he want us but we need something similar here. Preferably without the pidgeons cuntish attitude and with better finishing.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,847 posts | 6788 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1489: May 06, 2024 07:50:05 am
      Haha Vardy too old and not much of a finisher himself these days. Done okay this year in the Championshio but the season before think he got 3 Prem goals.

Anyway if you want to be pissed off even more than Vardy I could say Richarlison gave Nunez yesterday a lesson in holding his run and playing on the shoulder properly yesterday. Got caught once and after that cottoned on sharpish.

Obviously we don't want him and nor would he want us but we need something similar here. Preferably without the pidgeons cuntish attitude and with better finishing.

Am sure Vardy would still have pace. Doesn't have to do much...just sit on the shoulder and wait.  :D

Wash your mouth our for mentioning that Panzi Richarlison.  :lmao:
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,789 posts | 892 
      Reply #1490: May 06, 2024 08:34:07 am
      A very tight offside (which he created a goal scoring chance from) and a good save to deny him is all we saw yesterday.

Not much to criticise so not sure why he is the subject matter again.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,733 posts | 156 
      Reply #1491: May 06, 2024 10:42:17 am
      He need to play out wide and just have run to give him confidence.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #1492: May 06, 2024 10:42:39 am
      Now mate, just used your post to segway myself in  :D 

Have been thinking since I saw that video doing the rounds of how many times Mo has set players on their way, clean thru on goal, only for them to totally F**k it, and of course Darwin is the most shown on the video, fluffing his lines and then again last night, when Darwin was offside just for something different, then didn't go around the keeper and finish what he should of.....

Imagine we had a Striker that loved to sit on the shoulders of defenders, the majority of times stayed onside, had blistering pace and definitely 100%, knew how to stick the ball in the back of the net, for a fraction of the price Isak or Harry Kane would cost and there's only one name I come up with currently playing for another Club, who I cannot believe we didn't inquire about, even if it was on a 6 month loan at the very least, when we had a chance.

Drumroll.....don't hate on me, but his name came to mind and the possibilities of the goals he would score, given the amount of chances we create is drool worthy.

JAMIE VARDY

That’s the clear proof that drugs aren’t good for anyone

Not sure why another pile on at Nunez , the offside was very tight and credit should go to Romero for his step out and the gk made a great save on the other chance
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #1493: May 06, 2024 11:02:07 am
      Am sure Vardy would still have pace. Doesn't have to do much...just sit on the shoulder and wait.  :D

Wash your mouth our for mentioning that Panzi Richarlison.  :lmao:

It would've been interesting to see Vardy having the chances that Nunez missed this season and chances he could've had by not running offside every two farts.....I'm still holding out hope Nunez will become a better finisher but he's not the brightest spark in his all round play. He's team stats are good also we paid £80m for him, we wouldn't see half of that back other than from Saudi so we'll be sticking with him.
      Hopefully Slot and his coaches can ignite something different in him.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,381 posts | 1541 
      Reply #1494: May 06, 2024 11:05:50 am
      Mo was caught offside yesterday and missed an easier chance than Nunez 🤷‍♂️

Nunez met be guilty of more of the same but he’s also scored some worldies and won games for us.
      He also puts defenders on edge and creates time and space for others.

What Nunez received from so called fans,
      F***ing disgraceful ! Well they’re not fans are they. 🤷‍♂️
      Low life cowards who need a good shafting.

Quick Reply