Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 91541 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #69: Jul 19, 2022 04:40:11 pm
      But then again these were American based fans

Don't think that makes them any more likely to know who Andy Carroll is to be honest.

There has been a lot of noise from opposition fans about his performances.

But what performances? This is what I don't get, he's played about 55minutes of pre-season football. The longest period he's played was in the game that we used 32 different players.

Shows how desperate other fans are for a transfer to not work out for us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #70: Jul 19, 2022 06:38:25 pm
      So much for giving new transfers time to adapt to the League and our style of play. Lots expecting Nunez to come in and do the same as Diaz!!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #71: Jul 20, 2022 09:33:33 am
      So much for giving new transfers time to adapt to the League and our style of play. Lots expecting Nunez to come in and do the same as Diaz!!

I don’t think so mate, just a few numpties on twitter and then a couple of journos write it up like it’s actual news and suddenly people think it is.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,337 posts | 779 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread
      Reply #72: Jul 20, 2022 11:48:56 am
      F**k me, the media have written off Nunez already after a couple of friendly appearances.

I hope he doesn’t take this stuff to heart and crumble.
      He's not a child...I'm sure like all people in the public eye he will expect some negative comments. The words water and duck's back come to mind.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #73: Jul 20, 2022 03:28:38 pm
      F**k me, the media have written off Nunez already after a couple of friendly appearances.

I hope he doesn’t take this stuff to heart and crumble.
      I wouldn't be too worried about that. Like Longy-Chops said, I don't think he's the type of player that takes those comments too much to heart and he'll probably use it more as a motivation than added stress.

On top of that I would add that we have an amazing manager who will transform this negative energy into pure fuel for this kid and will make sure his confidence levels stay high. I would also add that we have a great squad, he seems to already be good friend with Diaz, Fabinho, and Bobby who will all help him settle, give him confidence and help him on the pitch. Add to that players like Mo who seem to like mentoring young players (Harvey comes to mind) and I'm pretty sure Nunez will shut everyone up.

People seem to forget that adjusting to Klopp's way of football truly takes about half a season or so even when you have a full preseason in you. Of course there is exceptions like Diaz, VVD, etc., but in general that's what I've noticed. We buy a new player, inevitable hype surrounds the transfer, people write the player off a few weeks after the beginning of the season and by January or so everybody is raving about him as he finally got time to settle and is not running with the rest of the pack.

Edit: a James Milner special or two (aka: a slap in the face) also seem to put anybody's head back in the game real quick, ask Tsimi :D
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #74: Jul 20, 2022 03:42:10 pm
      He won’t be rushed in to the team. I actually don’t see him getting many minutes in the early stages of the season. I reckon it will be similar to Robbo and it might be a few months before he breaks in to the team.

Robbo didn't play much until December back in 17/18. I don't see that happening with Nunez because the position he plays gets rotated more often and used more off the bench.

I hope for his sake he bags a couple goals early to take the pressure off himself because won't take long for the daggers to come out for him if he isn't scoring and the team isn't winning all the time
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #75: Jul 20, 2022 06:41:59 pm
      It's just lazy ass journalism based off of a few fans tweeting criticism during pre-season friendlies. Bottom scraper reading simply to get quick clicks.

Exactly, why do people even care about any of this? He will be as good as Klopp can make him, what is written in the papers or posted on forums has literally zero affect on how he will play. Not to mention it's pre-season. Do people actually worry about the season based on what happens in pre-season (other than injuries)?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #76: Jul 20, 2022 07:07:01 pm
      Exactly, why do people even care about any of this? He will be as good as Klopp can make him, what is written in the papers or posted on forums has literally zero affect on how he will play. Not to mention it's pre-season. Do people actually worry about the season based on what happens in pre-season (other than injuries)?

Nope
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #77: Jul 21, 2022 09:21:56 am
      Tbf I haven't seen anyone slate him off, more often it's people saying that we shouldn't listen to the fans slating him off that I see, not any fans actually doing it.

Either way he will be given his chance and in Klopp we trust, so I have a good feeling he will take it.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,337 posts | 779 
      Reply #78: Jul 21, 2022 11:37:09 am
      I wouldn't be too worried about that. Like Longy-Chops said, I don't think he's the type of player that takes those comments too much to heart and he'll probably use it more as a motivation than added stress.

On top of that I would add that we have an amazing manager who will transform this negative energy into pure fuel for this kid and will make sure his confidence levels stay high. I would also add that we have a great squad, he seems to already be good friend with Diaz, Fabinho, and Bobby who will all help him settle, give him confidence and help him on the pitch. Add to that players like Mo who seem to like mentoring young players (Harvey comes to mind) and I'm pretty sure Nunez will shut everyone up.

People seem to forget that adjusting to Klopp's way of football truly takes about half a season or so even when you have a full preseason in you. Of course there is exceptions like Diaz, VVD, etc., but in general that's what I've noticed. We buy a new player, inevitable hype surrounds the transfer, people write the player off a few weeks after the beginning of the season and by January or so everybody is raving about him as he finally got time to settle and is not running with the rest of the pack.

Edit: a James Milner special or two (aka: a slap in the face) also seem to put anybody's head back in the game real quick, ask Tsimi :D
      I suspect you wouldn't get far in Huyton asking a taxi to take you to Longy-Chops!!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3718 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #79: Jul 21, 2022 07:51:46 pm
      Darwin's evolution has kick started ;)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #80: Jul 21, 2022 08:04:11 pm
      Ballon'dor 2023 Winner.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #81: Jul 21, 2022 08:32:29 pm
      Plays 55 min pre season in bangkok and singapore - "next andy carroll" "Flop of the year"

Then plays 1 full half and scores four goals.

He is going to be star, oppo fans are just bitter.
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2022 08:50:18 pm by Arab Scouse »
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #82: Jul 21, 2022 08:37:57 pm
      Not too shabby eh 😎
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3718 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #83: Jul 21, 2022 08:48:29 pm
      Plays 55 min pre season in bangkok and singapore - "next andy carroll" "Flop of the year"

Then plays 1 full half and scores a hattrick.

Four my friend ;)
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #84: Jul 21, 2022 08:50:06 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #85: Jul 21, 2022 11:16:01 pm

Then plays 1 full half and scores four goals.

This.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #86: Jul 22, 2022 01:40:26 pm
      Don't think that makes them any more likely to know who Andy Carroll is to be honest.

But what performances? This is what I don't get, he's played about 55minutes of pre-season football. The longest period he's played was in the game that we used 32 different players.

Shows how desperate other fans are for a transfer to not work out for us.

It is ridiculous mate

mostly from bitter Utd fans who are like 12 year olds on twitter, picked up by the likes of mirror to exaggerate
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 300 
      Reply #87: Jul 22, 2022 11:15:47 pm
      Klopp brought Lewandowski and then Aubameyang to Dortmund. I think he knows what a good number 9 looks like.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #88: Jul 22, 2022 11:43:08 pm
      Klopp brought Lewandowski and then Aubameyang to Dortmund. I think he knows what a good number 9 looks like.

Don't forget about Barrios. He was also lethal for Dortmund before Lewa came along.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #89: Jul 23, 2022 09:44:29 am
      4 goals in a single half is not to be sniffed at is it! Will do him the world of good too I should think. Really excited to see what this lad can do this season.   
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #90: Jul 23, 2022 10:03:49 am

What's with this Andy Carroll thing that the poor boy is dragged into? Because he looks like Andy?

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3953 
      Reply #91: Jul 23, 2022 10:35:25 am
      What's with this Andy Carroll thing that the poor boy is dragged into? Because he looks like Andy?

Or they wear similar shirts?

Quick Reply