Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Summer Pre-Season 2022

Read 32414 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,661 posts | 6959 
      Re: Summer Pre-Season 2022
      Reply #322: Jul 27, 2022 08:45:10 pm
      Trent got some serious power on that.  Hardly any backswing as well.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4407 
      Reply #323: Jul 27, 2022 08:52:48 pm
      Good workout without much of a end product.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #324: Jul 27, 2022 08:55:00 pm
      Good last 30 few tackles flying around . Another good workout before final weekend games
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #325: Jul 27, 2022 09:01:15 pm
      Soz to downplay a fellow scouser, but Curtis talks the talk but does not walk, has 10 or so mins, then goes missing, like tonight.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 1101 
      Reply #326: Jul 27, 2022 09:05:29 pm
      Soz to downplay a fellow scouser, but Curtis talks the talk but does not walk, has 10 or so mins, then goes missing, like tonight.

Instead on progressing, dude just seems fall further down the pecking order each season. I wonder if Harvey's success and Fabio coming into the team already somewhat established has messed him up mentally. He'd be behind everyone at midfield for me, and I'd never of thought that a few years back
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #327: Jul 27, 2022 09:28:27 pm
      Same here, wished him every success, been given a chance afew times but has never shone
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #328: Jul 27, 2022 09:29:32 pm
      Point is, are we really ready for a full competitive game against City. Have to play our best 11 or as close to it. Don't need wholesale changes as those who don't feature can play the next day at Anfield against Strasbourg.

Only then can we get a real look at Nunez and maybe Carvalho .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8606 
      Reply #329: Jul 27, 2022 09:37:15 pm
      Tbh that Sesko looks a player, for the goal Konate doesn't do anyone any favours charging out like a loon, then getting caught and played around while Gomez could be guilty of ball watching allowing Sesko to have the shot.

Almost constant control once the first team were on, although I think I would of preferred to have seen Nunez with Salah and Diaz. Tbh that would be my forward line starting the season, with Jota still injured.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,563 posts | 1497 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #330: Jul 27, 2022 09:37:32 pm
      Instead on progressing, dude just seems fall further down the pecking order each season. I wonder if Harvey's success and Fabio coming into the team already somewhat established has messed him up mentally. He'd be behind everyone at midfield for me, and I'd never of thought that a few years back
      I fear he’ll do a Rashford and just settle at a mediocre level and ‘next year will be his year’ every season… but being local he’ll always get the ‘he’s still young, there’s time, he’s one of us’… I mean Rashford is what? 24? Should be entering his prime, yet he’s gotten worse over the years but he’s untouchable coz he’s their local lad, people have been saying ‘this year is his year to shine’ since he was 18 and I fear that’s what will happen to Curtis.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 1101 
      Reply #331: Jul 27, 2022 09:45:41 pm
      I fear he’ll do a Rashford and just settle at a mediocre level and ‘next year will be his year’ every season… but being local he’ll always get the ‘he’s still young, there’s time, he’s one of us’… I mean Rashford is what? 24? Should be entering his prime, yet he’s gotten worse over the years but he’s untouchable coz he’s their local lad, people have been saying ‘this year is his year to shine’ since he was 18 and I fear that’s what will happen to Curtis.

Shoot, I'd be happy as a lark if Jones made it to Rashford status. ;D. Tbh, Jones just doesn't seem to fit our system. Square peg in a round hole. He doesn't do much of anything off the ball, and perfers to have the ball at his feet rather then receive it and move it. Not very fast either. Seems a really cool kid and seems to fit in well, but is missing a few cylinders.
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #332: Jul 27, 2022 09:47:13 pm
      Point is, are we really ready for a full competitive game against City. Have to play our best 11 or as close to it. Don't need wholesale changes as those who don't feature can play the next day at Anfield against Strasbourg.

Only then can we get a real look at Nunez and maybe Carvalho .

We are in a better position than City are so no excuses really
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,386 posts | 787 
      Reply #333: Jul 27, 2022 09:58:34 pm
      I suspect you might be right. The game has given us countless potential superstars, who for any number of reasons don't sustain their early promise and fade. I'm not alone in thinking there has to be some "Greatness" in there to play for this club. I'm struggling to see that greatness.
      It's down to him, he'll be given his chance to step up...hopefully, for his sake, he takes it and proves me wrong.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 1101 
      Reply #334: Jul 27, 2022 10:09:50 pm
      Jones say he wants 10 goals and 10 assists this season. Kids rates himself. I don't see it, but im a moron, so that's not surprising. I hope he gets his wish.

Would definitely rather win Saturday than any of of the other friendly's anyway
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #335: Jul 27, 2022 10:23:42 pm
      Would u consider Elliott or Carvalho to go into the starting 11 or is it like 2022 + Nunez:

Ali
      Trent-Konate-VVD-Robbo
      Hendo-Fab-Thiago
      Salah-Nunez-Diaz

p.s. Right now I would rate Jota > Nunez but because of the money paid he might be given the edge.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #336: Jul 27, 2022 10:45:30 pm
      Klopp casually  mentioned in the post-match interview that the team had full training BEFORE playing this match today.

This result doesn't worry me at all, and I haven't watched yet to speak to the performance, but I do have some concerns about this upcoming season. I think we could struggle a bit in a few areas. It would only be natural to fall short of last season's ridiculously-high performance.

Won't stop me supporting the team through thick and thin, but I'm expecting a little less success over the coming 9 months.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,386 posts | 787 
      Reply #337: Jul 27, 2022 11:01:28 pm
      Klopp casually  mentioned in the post-match interview that the team had full training BEFORE playing this match today.

This result doesn't worry me at all, and I haven't watched yet to speak to the performance, but I do have some concerns about this upcoming season. I think we could struggle a bit in a few areas. It would only be natural to fall short of last season's ridiculously-high performance.

Won't stop me supporting the team through thick and thin, but I'm expecting a little less success over the coming 9 months.

I can't imagine Man City expect to fall short due to last season's high performance, and nor should we. C'mon mate keep the faith.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #338: Jul 27, 2022 11:34:10 pm
      One serious silverware (Community Shields and Caraboa Cup are Jokeware for me) and I am happy: PL, CL or FA. But you always have to take care of the context. If we lose 3 main players to long term injuries I will be happy even with just a CL qualification.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #339: Jul 28, 2022 02:52:39 am
      I can't imagine Man City expect to fall short due to last season's high performance, and nor should we. C'mon mate keep the faith.

I don't expect them to earn as  many points either, and I expect a couple of other teams to be in the mix for the title.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 1101 
      Reply #340: Jul 28, 2022 03:47:41 am
      One serious silverware (Community Shields and Caraboa Cup are Jokeware for me) and I am happy: PL, CL or FA. But you always have to take care of the context. If we lose 3 main players to long term injuries I will be happy even with just a CL qualification.

Any and everyone has their right to an opinion here, and though I almost never agree with yours, by all means, keep brining it. But bro, you and I both know what you try to do on the regular, and I guess it leaves me wondering why? Why do you take pleasure in trying to wind up fellow supporters for no real reason? I don't get it :f_sorry:
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 427 
      Reply #341: Jul 28, 2022 06:34:31 am
      Be nice to watch us this weekend for the first time in the shield. I always enjoy the break but always glad to have us back. Never been arsed about pre season,    but I suppose weekend will give us an idea of where the team is at before our first premier league game.

Be nice to win too.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #342: Jul 28, 2022 08:46:14 am
      Good workout again, that team has played a couple of league games so already into their season, and we only fielded what would be classed as a proper first 11 in the last 30mins, then we totally dominated.

So all good in the hood boys.
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #343: Jul 28, 2022 09:59:11 am
      The midfield is the area that hasn't been settled. It will probably be the same as last season with maybe Carvalho competing as an attacking midfielder. That attacking midfield role is up for grabs.

Elliott, The Ox. Carvalho,Jones the likely candidates or the boss could go with Hendo, Fabio and Thiago. Could throw Bobby into the mix playing just off the front 3.

As it stand now probably Elliott and Carvalho are the two hopefuls for that position and with 5 subs allowed this season we could see it being a mixed bag all season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #344: Jul 28, 2022 11:02:35 am
      The midfield is the area that hasn't been settled. It will probably be the same as last season with maybe Carvalho competing as an attacking midfielder. That attacking midfield role is up for grabs.

Elliott, The Ox. Carvalho,Jones the likely candidates or the boss could go with Hendo, Fabio and Thiago. Could throw Bobby into the mix playing just off the front 3.

As it stand now probably Elliott and Carvalho are the two hopefuls for that position and with 5 subs allowed this season we could see it being a mixed bag all season.

I'd be shocked if Ox plays anything more than the early rounds of the domestic cups. Depending on injuries within the team anyway like. He's firmly at the bottom of the pecking order and his sulking in his last few appearances last season when he was subbed off probably didn't go unnoticed.

Quick Reply