Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Summer Pre-Season 2022

Read 32373 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Re: Summer Pre-Season 2022
      Reply #207: Jul 15, 2022 07:27:50 pm
      Not caught up with the game yet.  Did we play about 30 players again or did people have a full half each?
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #208: Jul 15, 2022 10:05:24 pm
      Not caught up with the game yet.  Did we play about 30 players again or did people have a full half each?

One team for 1st half then pretty much two teams in 2nd half. Salah played full 2nd half I think.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #209: Jul 15, 2022 11:46:20 pm
      All about getting minutes in the legs and new guys getting used to playing our style.

Have these games been on LFC TV? Haven seen many streams about

Supposed to be but when I clicked on it last night, just went around in circles.....pissed me right off!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #210: Jul 16, 2022 12:45:55 am
      Seems to me we are making some major tweaks to our system. I gather this is aimed at converting more of this close-range possession we seem to have in games.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #211: Jul 16, 2022 12:23:44 pm
      Been in work so missed both friendlies, so far, my dad has watched both of them, he seems very impressed with Carvalho.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #212: Jul 16, 2022 12:48:32 pm
      Been in work so missed both friendlies, so far, my dad has watched both of them, he seems very impressed with Carvalho.
      Both him and Elliot look to be very good players.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #213: Jul 17, 2022 06:16:17 pm
      I wonder how much game time Carvalho will get in the Premier League???
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #214: Jul 17, 2022 07:20:31 pm

Just not sure how he is going to force himself in to be honest . Obviously will start all Carabou and FA Cup and substitute appearances in the league so not masses in my opinion unless we are hit by injuries
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4938 
      Reply #215: Jul 17, 2022 07:36:40 pm

I've been working as well so missed the games.

Really doesn't bother me though if I don't see them as it's really a fitness exercise at this stage.

All the young lads who work for me taking the kids about Nunez but I'll have the last laugh I feel
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #216: Jul 17, 2022 07:45:10 pm

Reckon he'll come from the bench quite a bit this season.

Next step for him though, especially after how well he was playing in the championship last season.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #217: Jul 17, 2022 11:11:36 pm
      Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but that's a pretty nice gesture by the club...

Liverpool offer free tickets to junior Champions League final fans
      Liverpool are offering supporters who travelled to the Champions League final with a child free tickets to their pre-season friendly against Strasbourg at Anfield.

Kick-off at the Stade de France in Paris on May 28 was delayed by over half an hour with Liverpool fans forced to wait in huge queues. French police later used tear gas on crowds.

Liverpool’s mayor has since some French police officers were “looking to find problems”.

Then, as fans left the stadium, some were attacked by 300 to 400 local youths.

A number of children were caught up in the trouble and Liverpool have this week written to ticket-holders inviting them to Anfield, in an attempt to “support our supporters”.

The letter read: “We are acutely aware of how incredibly difficult the experience has been for all supporters who attended the game. The scenes witnessed in and around the Stade de France, before and after kick-off, will live long in the memory for all the wrong reasons. The club is also aware that there were some children who attended the match who had such a dreadful experience, that the negative impact has affected their desire to attend football matches in the future.

“We understand that you were accompanied by a child (Under 16), at the UEFA Champions League Final and are therefore contacting you to invite your child and one accompanying adult to the Reds forthcoming pre-season friendly against Strasbourg on Sunday 31st July at Anfield Stadium.”

The letter added: “We hope that by inviting you and your child to Anfield, it will go some way to providing a level of comfort and reassurance so that they feel able and confident to attend football matches, both home and away, in the future.

“As a club we are here to support our supporters.”

The initiative is set to benefit around 500 fans and those eligible have until July 15 to accept the offer of free tickets for the club’s final pre-season friendly.

UEFA last month apologised to fans of both clubs ​​for the “frightening and distressing events” they had witnessed.

“No football fan should be put in that situation, and it must not happen again,” they added.

Liverpool's initiative is set to benefit around 500 fans and those eligible have until July 15 to accept the offer for the Strasbourg fixture.

https://theathletic.com/news/liverpool-offer-free-tickets-to-champions-league-final-fans/FlWVe6qpHs90/
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #218: Jul 18, 2022 03:49:24 pm
      Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but that's a pretty nice gesture by the club...

Liverpool offer free tickets to junior Champions League final fans
      Liverpool are offering supporters who travelled to the Champions League final with a child free tickets to their pre-season friendly against Strasbourg at Anfield.

Kick-off at the Stade de France in Paris on May 28 was delayed by over half an hour with Liverpool fans forced to wait in huge queues. French police later used tear gas on crowds.

Liverpool’s mayor has since some French police officers were “looking to find problems”.

Then, as fans left the stadium, some were attacked by 300 to 400 local youths.

A number of children were caught up in the trouble and Liverpool have this week written to ticket-holders inviting them to Anfield, in an attempt to “support our supporters”.

The letter read: “We are acutely aware of how incredibly difficult the experience has been for all supporters who attended the game. The scenes witnessed in and around the Stade de France, before and after kick-off, will live long in the memory for all the wrong reasons. The club is also aware that there were some children who attended the match who had such a dreadful experience, that the negative impact has affected their desire to attend football matches in the future.

“We understand that you were accompanied by a child (Under 16), at the UEFA Champions League Final and are therefore contacting you to invite your child and one accompanying adult to the Reds forthcoming pre-season friendly against Strasbourg on Sunday 31st July at Anfield Stadium.”

The letter added: “We hope that by inviting you and your child to Anfield, it will go some way to providing a level of comfort and reassurance so that they feel able and confident to attend football matches, both home and away, in the future.

“As a club we are here to support our supporters.”

The initiative is set to benefit around 500 fans and those eligible have until July 15 to accept the offer of free tickets for the club’s final pre-season friendly.

UEFA last month apologised to fans of both clubs ​​for the “frightening and distressing events” they had witnessed.

“No football fan should be put in that situation, and it must not happen again,” they added.

Liverpool's initiative is set to benefit around 500 fans and those eligible have until July 15 to accept the offer for the Strasbourg fixture.

https://theathletic.com/news/liverpool-offer-free-tickets-to-champions-league-final-fans/FlWVe6qpHs90/

Is it F**k!!

The game's virtually a freebie for kids anyway. And it'll be mostly the U-23's. Most of the first team squad will be involved in the Charity shield. Could of done that for the first Anfield Champions League game. It's a PR stunt.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #219: Jul 18, 2022 06:37:43 pm
      Is it f**k!!

The game's virtually a freebie for kids anyway. And it'll be mostly the U-23's. Most of the first team squad will be involved in the Charity shield. Could of done that for the first Anfield Champions League game. It's a PR stunt.

But did the club do anything wrong to cause the problems in Paris?  I'm not aware of anything.  If they didn't do anything wrong, do they really need to do anything at all?  Maybe it's a small (borderline meaningless) gesture, but at least it's something.  It's still got more utility than a truckload of thoughts and prayers....   :lmao:

https://images.app.goo.gl/GPAdCKEJKHURdaDr6
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #220: Jul 18, 2022 07:02:39 pm
      But did the club do anything wrong to cause the problems in Paris?  I'm not aware of anything.  If they didn't do anything wrong, do they really need to do anything at all?  Maybe it's a small (borderline meaningless) gesture, but at least it's something.  It's still got more utility than a truckload of thoughts and prayers....   :lmao:

https://images.app.goo.gl/GPAdCKEJKHURdaDr6

What the F**k are you laughing at like? Young kids got batoned, tear gassed and saw sh*t like the arl fellas getting stabbed and you think it's a bit of a laugh? All about the brand innit.

Forget the fans getting blamed........again. I don't know maybe actually come from Liverpool and understand the anger after 89 and see that the gesture offered is F***ing sh*te.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #221: Jul 18, 2022 07:32:33 pm
      Nice gesture from the club, but before anything changes, the French should have any international events, sporting or otherwise, taken from them and presented to alternative countries.
      That will prevent it happening again I can assure you.

But will it happen. Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Those gendarme responsible will be sharing their stories with each other and laughing their bollocks off at us.
      As will the local yobs, who the gendarme left to rob and assault women and children.
      The individuals can be identified, but it ain’t gonna happen is it !
      The powers that could find a solution, are cowards, all of them !
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #222: Jul 18, 2022 08:10:33 pm
      What the f**k are you laughing at like? Young kids got batoned, tear gassed and saw sh*t like the arl fellas getting stabbed and you think it's a bit of a laugh? All about the brand innit.

Forget the fans getting blamed........again. I don't know maybe actually come from Liverpool and understand the anger after 89 and see that the gesture offered is f**king sh*te.

HR, I fear you're getting angry at the wrong target here. No one is disputing the horrible treatment our fans experienced. Just as no one is saying this gesture by the club is enough to erase the trauma.

But the club is in NO WAY responsible for what happened in Paris. And it's not like they have just sat back and done nothing to try and get some justice for our supporters. They have been at the forefront of it.

This (admittedly small) gesture is just an added bonus. Something they didn't need to do. And just because it's good PR doesn't mean it's their primary motivation here.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #223: Jul 19, 2022 12:01:08 am
      Just watched the video of first team training today. Looks like about half the squad was missing. Darwin, Bobby, Keita, Virgil, Ibby, Robbo, Trent, Kostas, Fab, Ali, Jota, don't think any of those were there. I saw a still pic of Salah but he wasn't in the video.

Hopefully just a precaution after a long flight.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #224: Jul 19, 2022 08:24:12 am
      Just watched the video of first team training today. Looks like about half the squad was missing. Darwin, Bobby, Keita, Virgil, Ibby, Robbo, Trent, Kostas, Fab, Ali, Jota, don't think any of those were there. I saw a still pic of Salah but he wasn't in the video.

Hopefully just a precaution after a long flight.

A few of them will be flying back from Andy Robbo's wedding!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #225: Jul 19, 2022 08:26:57 am
      HR, I fear you're getting angry at the wrong target here. No one is disputing the horrible treatment our fans experienced. Just as no one is saying this gesture by the club is enough to erase the trauma.

But the club is in NO WAY responsible for what happened in Paris. And it's not like they have just sat back and done nothing to try and get some justice for our supporters. They have been at the forefront of it.

This (admittedly small) gesture is just an added bonus. Something they didn't need to do. And just because it's good PR doesn't mean it's their primary motivation here.

Protect the brand!!

Crack on accepting morsels. No wonder scousers get sick of the wools following us the way some of you accept everything the club does or say. You can disagree with it sometimes you know!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,958 posts | 5013 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #226: Jul 19, 2022 08:39:41 am

Your missing the point though, no they don’t have to do sh*t but look at the millions in profit heading over the pond, a better gesture perhaps would be free entry to all those who suffered in that shithole Paris, it wasn’t the fault of LFC but it was LFC fans including kids who suffered most, so for some no mark posting a laughing emoji indicating it wasn’t that serious is bang out of order,….

Furthermore, on these boards there are those who have experienced our Darkest hour, some will be survivors, some will have family members who perished, some will carry the burden of guilt having survived…Paris could have been worse…it wasn’t thankfully…however that was down to those with experience of travelling with LFC for years, staying calm and keeping things together and not just for their own kin,…

As the years have passed since ‘89’ the emotional turmoil may have waned for most, but if you are old enough to have been there or survived it all or indeed have lost kin …it’s completely different …it seems some of us amongst us are too young to feel the same emotions..that’s understandable, however there’s no excuse for not engaging your brain before you operate yer gob…

RIP 97….Never ever to be Forgotten!!

Y  N  W  A

PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #227: Jul 19, 2022 03:16:47 pm
      Protect the brand!!

Crack on accepting morsels. No wonder scousers get sick of the wools following us the way some of you accept everything the club does or say. You can disagree with it sometimes you know!!

I have. Many times. Our owners have already fu**ed up a few times and I very much disagreed with them  (raising the ticket prices, laying off the staff during COVID, the Super League, and probably others).

However, in this particular case, I'm afraid I can't see what the club did wrong. But I will respect that you do.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #228: Jul 19, 2022 07:49:29 pm
      What the f**k are you laughing at like? Young kids got batoned, tear gassed and saw sh*t like the arl fellas getting stabbed and you think it's a bit of a laugh? All about the brand innit.

Forget the fans getting blamed........again. I don't know maybe actually come from Liverpool and understand the anger after 89 and see that the gesture offered is f**king sh*te.

Sorry mate, the laughing emoji was about the "thoughts and prayers" comment because they are F***ing useless.  Maybe I'm the only one who finds that amusing though.  Either way, it was not meant to be laughing at the fans who were mistreated in Paris. 

As for bringing up other incidents and how they are or aren't relevant to what happened in Paris, I think the point remains that the club didn't do anything wrong and therefore shouldn't be expected to have to rectify anything.  If anything, UEFA is the one who needs to make this right -- both to the club and the fans.  The gesture by the club may be small, but it isn't their problem to fix. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #229: Jul 20, 2022 10:20:02 am
      As for bringing up other incidents and how they are or aren't relevant to what happened in Paris, I think the point remains that the club didn't do anything wrong and therefore shouldn't be expected to have to rectify anything.  If anything, UEFA is the one who needs to make this right -- both to the club and the fans.  The gesture by the club may be small, but it isn't their problem to fix. 

You ain't getting F**k all from Uefa. Their arrogance knows no bounds. Also sums the two faced hypocritical tw*ts up after that ESL sh*te. English fans were F***ing darlings then!!

We got an apology from Uefa and the club are offering tickets for a game they can't shift!! As Rafa would say "FACT"

Here's another one for you other than that vid from Billy Hogan, what did the actual club do to defend the fans?

Most of the fightback against the French authorities came from the FANS, not the club.

Quiz time - What was UEFA's first response after Hillsborough? Answer the then president Jacques George called us "Animals"

Trust me as a Liverpool fan, you just get used to this sh*t!!
      « Last Edit: Jul 20, 2022 10:26:36 am by HUYTON RED »

Quick Reply