Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-match: Fulham v Liverpool, English Premier League [Saturday August 6, 12:30]

Read 4034 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-match: Fulham v Liverpool, English Premier League [Saturday August 6, 12:30]
      Aug 04, 2022 12:56:26 am
      2022-23 English Premier League opener as the Reds travel to London and Craven Cottage to face newly-promoted Fulham.

Coming off the Chariity Shield win (not to mention the whole of last season), confidence must be sky high in the Liverpool camp. I believe Alisson will be back in goal. I think the only other question in the starting XI is whether Darwin Nunez replaces Bobby Firmino at center forward. I would think he does.

Needless to say, eagerly awaiting this match. I understand we play a friendly behind closed doors with Aston Villa on Sunday.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jul/31/premier-league-2022-23-fan-previews-part-one-arsenal-to-leeds
      Guardian preview on the league. Here is the part on Fulham:

Fulham
      Our last two ill-prepared dalliances with the top-flight mean we’re desperately hoping for third-time lucky. Third-time competent would be a start. Marco Silva masterminded a goal-laden promotion campaign and deserves the chance to push on. The fans are wishing for that too: a chance. A balanced, integrated squad is a must. In recent seasons our scattergun, late-in-the-window recruiting left us lagging; this time it looks more promising, even if some talks have been bouncing on longer than Partygate.

Key players/weak links Mitro is key. A fit, confident and motivated Aleksandar Mitrovic will score at any level. The marquee signing of João Palhinha looks a masterstroke, and Manor Solomon’s pace and trickery should be a perfect fit. Youngsters Jay Stansfield and Tyrese Francois could be involved, as might Luke Harris – only 17 but scoring for fun for the U-23s. The weak spot? We need a solid, pacy centre-back partnership.

First-choice XI Rodák; Mbabu, Adarabioyo, Ream, Robinson; Palhinha, Reed;  (Harry) Wilson, Pereira, Solomon; Mitrovic

« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2022 11:25:56 am by RedPuppy »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Pre-match: Fulham v Liverpool, English Premier League [Saturday August 6, 12:30]
      Reply #1: Aug 04, 2022 07:37:09 am
      Wooohoooo. First pre match of 22/23.
      Can’t F***ing wait. Think this could be another record breaking year with at least a treble !

COME ON YOU MIGHTY RED MEN !
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Pre-match: Fulham v Liverpool, English Premier League [Saturday August 6, 12:30]
      Reply #2: Aug 04, 2022 12:36:30 pm
      Always little nervous when facing a newly promoted team away from home in the opening day fixtures. The supporters and players are always extra motivated.

That being said we play like we did vs Citeh on the weekend we should see this through. I would stick with the same XI that played in the community sheild. Might be tempting to put Nunez in after his showing off the bench but it is a nice option to have off the bench if we need to switch our attack.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #3: Aug 04, 2022 12:53:07 pm
      Feel really confident for this opening fixture, going for a 3  0 away win for the Reds against Fulham, at Craven Cottage !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4: Aug 04, 2022 01:05:06 pm
      Season gets closer. yassss.

Easy win for us I reckon.

Same team as Saturday probably.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #5: Aug 04, 2022 01:18:56 pm
      Cannot wait!

Bit of pressure early on then a battering for Fulham 1-4
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #6: Aug 04, 2022 01:21:13 pm
      We will win and we must since we are the mighty Reds. Klopp's philosophy is contagious.

Any win will be welcome.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #7: Aug 04, 2022 01:55:42 pm
      They’ve got a decent striker but are wanting at the back.
      They done really well in the championship but I don’t see them coping with our class and intensity.
      They’ll be glad they got us first game as it will give them early warnings of how much they have to raise their game in the prem.
      0:4 for me.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8: Aug 04, 2022 02:20:33 pm
      We have their best player on our bench. ;D
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #9: Aug 04, 2022 02:30:55 pm
      Unleash Darwin for this with Mo and Diaz. Usual suspects midfield although Naby will get minutes also as looked good . Matip looks like will partner VIrg
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: Aug 04, 2022 03:00:39 pm
      Ali, Trent, Konate, Virgil, Robbo, Fab, Thiago, Elliott, Diaz, Nunez and Mo

Would expect Hendo, Bobby, Carvalho and Keita to all feature too.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #11: Aug 04, 2022 04:13:21 pm

Ah that's right. Five subs per side now. Not sure I like that, but it's here to stay now I guess.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #12: Aug 04, 2022 04:13:27 pm
      I think whatever players we put out over the 90 minutes we should have enough to come out on top. I don't think it's going to be a walk in the park though, I don't think there are any so called easy games in the Premier league....( maybe just the two.... against The Toffee's )

Any win, any how and off we go.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #13: Aug 04, 2022 05:17:55 pm
      Honestly couldn't believe it when I saw this thread...do we have a game this weekend?!!

This should be a stroll, can't wait to see how we come out of the gates for this. COYR.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #14: Aug 04, 2022 06:21:49 pm
      I expect Bobby to start and Darwin to come off the bench for ~30 minutes just like in the Chatity Shield.  Klopp made a comment about after the City match about how Darwin was able to leverage his athleticism against the tiring legs in the City backing.  I expect that to be how he is used in the opening weeks to help him settle, build some confidence, and eventually take over the starting role. 

Ali
      TAA -- Matip -- VVD -- Robbo
      Fab
      Hendo -- Thiago
      Mo -- Bob -- Diaz

I expect us to be 2 goals up by the time Darwin comes on.  I also expect Harvey and Fabio to get some minutes.  Going for a 4-0 scoreline. 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #15: Aug 04, 2022 07:34:34 pm

Think Konate is one of our walking wounded.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #16: Aug 04, 2022 07:36:09 pm
      Football is back!! Here we gooooo!

We are only 38 games away from the title, so we have to be on it from day one. I expect nothing less than a win for our mighty reds.

Ali in goal, and the rest of the team will probably be the same as against City.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17: Aug 04, 2022 07:57:29 pm
      Konate and Jones both ruled out for Saturday.  Curtis may be out for a month.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #18: Aug 04, 2022 08:13:41 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

Bobby is playing well. I would play him and bring Darwin at around 60th minute.

We will see Elliott and can expect to show up with style.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #19: Aug 04, 2022 08:47:39 pm
      Think Konate is one of our walking wounded.

Forgot about that. Still not sure why he was one of the ones playing in that Strasbourg game.
      Hopefully he won’t be out for too long.

So Matip alongside Virgil. Although, maybe it could be a chance for Gomez, wouldn’t bet against him starting.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: Aug 05, 2022 03:44:11 pm
      Super excited me, just got a feeling we could run away with it this year, Pep G putting all his eggs on Haaland scoring the brunt of their goals, leaving them utterly exposed, not back early enough for pre season gives the impression of arrogance and I honestly believe they will suffer, we on the other hand have actually strengthened despite Mane off to Deutchland, Nunez is a fookin beast, Bobby back to his brilliant best, Mo minus the weight off his shoulders looks proper up for it Diaz after his 4 month settling in period is haha settled, within 4 hours and absolutely chomping at the bit,

Wee Harvey a fresh perspective from midfield as well the new lad Carvalho who looks very good indeed, we’re hitting the ground running whereas City are probably two weeks behind in terms of preparation, the six P’s, ……

PROPER PREPARATION PREVENTS PISS POOR PERFORMANCE !!

We seen in that charity bollocks who is better prepared, I think City had 20 mins max control of the whole game, I know it didn’t matter so much but psychologically it may have, I just think we looked sharper, more alert, and well Ready, City were bad, but we made them look bad and way off where you would think Champions should be on the cusp of defending their title  !!

Seems crazy to say it, but I think we’ve  already got a edge over them, Pep G knows we are a match for his side, but I’m going one better and saying he is actually fearful of us, he alluded to it last year in his ‘pain in the arse’ comment regarding our rivalry, Jürgen would never say anything of the sort and would remain totally respectful of his rival, it may have been tongue in cheek but the correlation is there ?

It will be close again but for me we have the upper hand, we are a better outfit, are run better, have a better squad of players, are more experienced and perhaps more importantly are a well oiled machine ticking over nicely with no gremlins to speak of, and……are Hungrier, we will want it more !!

IMAGINE BEING US !!!

Y  N  W  A
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #21: Aug 05, 2022 06:42:54 pm
      Team on the way to London. Not sure of the station. Any ideas?

https://twitter.com/A1exCaddick/status/1555583470482628609?t=RdGAOib6w3dbZGBsz5bRhA&s=19
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #22: Aug 05, 2022 07:11:59 pm

Hopefully there’s no strikes!

Quick Reply