Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Conor Bradley - Player Thread (D)

Read 15938 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Re: Conor Bradley - Player Thread (D)
      Reply #46: Jan 07, 2024 07:07:06 pm
      Martinelli was causing all sorts of problems. Conor came on and he stopped. Was like flicking a switch. Very good to see we have that option. In my opinion Trent probably needs competition at RB more than he needs switched to midfield. Conor looks like he might keep him on his toes.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #47: Jan 07, 2024 07:42:07 pm
      I also noticed Conor did a fine job, the short time he was on the pitch. Competion never a bad thing at any level.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,678 posts | 1634 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #48: Jan 07, 2024 09:35:30 pm
      Big responsibility for him to come on at 0-0 and smash it the way he did, showed a lot of composure on the ball and took it all in his stride.

Great to see Jürgen give these young lads a chance and love the way they revel in the side, the future looks red and rosy  :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #49: Jan 08, 2024 12:15:16 am
      Brilliant, Martenelli's name was not mentioned again, once this young Lad came on. Well done Conor.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #50: Jan 10, 2024 10:08:51 pm
      MOTM performance that tonight.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #51: Jan 10, 2024 10:12:10 pm
      Fantastic performance.

Didn't look out of place at all.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,931 posts | 825 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #52: Jan 10, 2024 10:12:49 pm
      BOSS performance.

Was the right amount of energy we needed tonight, not only did he bust a gut going forward but made some key interceptions/tackles.

He has a BIG future ahead of him if we play our cards right.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #53: Jan 11, 2024 01:30:25 pm
      Great performance from the young lad. First half I thought he needed to be a little more courageous and decisive when going forward but he fixed that in the second half. Defensively speaking he was on it from the first minute of the game.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,108 posts | 2129 
      Reply #54: Jan 21, 2024 07:49:01 pm
      Who needs the transfer window when you can  just promote gems like Conor? Superb display on an offensive and defensive front. As a rite of passage, tough times will come for him but his quality is there for all to see. Dare I say, a carbon copy of Robbo?
      DublinRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #55: Jan 21, 2024 08:16:21 pm
      Another fantastic showing from young Conor today. Gives us even more flexibility with altering TAA's position during matches for the remainder of the season, as Joe and Conor can both fill the RB position perfectly.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #56: Jan 21, 2024 08:35:20 pm
      Hardy put a foot wrong, got skinned once but lucky it went over the line for a goal kick.

Loving his attitude and his work rate.

Keep it up young Lad!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #57: Jan 21, 2024 09:47:41 pm
      You don't buy another RB when you have kids like this coming through.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #58: Jan 22, 2024 11:35:53 am
      Do we think he'd still be at the club if he hadn't got injured in the summer?

I was all for loaning him out again this season as I thought a full season of playing would be better for him. But the performances he's shown in the last couple of games have shown that he can have a part to play for us.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,931 posts | 825 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #59: Jan 22, 2024 11:43:41 am
      Honestly feel we do not need another RB to push Trent now I have seen him play. He is great at tracking back and getting stuck in, his defensive awareness when moving into a space to intercept a pass is up there too.

He is still very raw of course and you can see that when he bombs forward and maybe tries a dribble too many but his confidence and ability are up there, I would love to see him keep getting as many minutes as possible and see where it takes him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #60: Jan 22, 2024 10:03:39 pm
      Do we think he'd still be at the club if he hadn't got injured in the summer?

I was all for loaning him out again this season as I thought a full season of playing would be better for him. But the performances he's shown in the last couple of games have shown that he can have a part to play for us.

The only lad I keep thinking about here is Neco Williams. This would have been his chance to shine but he was too proud to be Number 2 and went to a sh*t side to so sit on their F***ing bench. Sucks to be you Neco.

I'm loving Conor in the RB position. His energy, enthusiasm and work rate are sensational.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #61: Jan 22, 2024 11:03:59 pm
      The only lad I keep thinking about here is Neco Williams. This would have been his chance to shine but he was too proud to be Number 2 and went to a sh*t side to so sit on their F***ing bench. Sucks to be you Neco.

I'm loving Conor in the RB position. His energy, enthusiasm and work rate are sensational.

I actually admire Neco for moving mate. There's a lot who'd have stayed here and picked up a few medals as well as plenty in wages knowing they were never gonna make the grade.

But he moved to a lesser fancied club for the benefit of his own career. Just hasn't worked out for him at the City Ground. And now he's expected to piss off somewhere else.

It's a decision Bradley and/or Ramsay will have to make themselves somewhere down the line.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #62: Jan 23, 2024 12:08:44 am
      I actually admire Neco for moving mate. There's a lot who'd have stayed here and picked up a few medals as well as plenty in wages knowing they were never gonna make the grade.

But he moved to a lesser fancied club for the benefit of his own career. Just hasn't worked out for him at the City Ground. And now he's expected to piss off somewhere else.

It's a decision Bradley and/or Ramsay will have to make themselves somewhere down the line.

Maybe not mate if Trent gets pushed into MF more regularly.

I always thought Neco thought he was better then Trent and deserved to be Number 1.

NB: Forgot all about Ramsay mate.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #63: Jan 23, 2024 07:38:35 am
      Klopp now knows he can use Bradley and he won't let him down. He won't over play him tho.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #64: Jan 23, 2024 11:42:17 am

He doesn’t mainly sit on their bench

He is normally starting every week unless injured

The move also helped him cement his place in the Wales squad

When the lad was at the club many said he wasn’t good enough so he left
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,407 posts | 1431 
      Reply #65: Jan 23, 2024 11:52:02 am
      Can't get to far ahead on this player. Made a cracking start. We knew he was good but Trent is still the No1 RB. If the thinking was move Trent full time into mid I doubt we would've bought 3 new midfielders. So that decision hasn't been made.

At the minute we have an option, can Start with Trent and switch it with Brad if needed. Or Start with Brad. With Trent at RB you get two for the price of one. Average RB, world class midfield. 3-4-3 combo. So it's not going to be a straight forward for Bradley.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #66: Jan 23, 2024 12:23:56 pm
      He doesn’t mainly sit on their bench

He is normally starting every week unless injured

The move also helped him cement his place in the Wales squad

When the lad was at the club many said he wasn’t good enough so he left

correct, hes a very very good player, was just never gonna get in ahead of trent or gomez or milner even. l o l
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #67: Jan 23, 2024 12:25:35 pm
      Can't get to far ahead on this player. Made a cracking start. We knew he was good but Trent is still the No1 RB. If the thinking was move Trent full time into mid I doubt we would've bought 3 new midfielders. So that decision hasn't been made.

At the minute we have an option, can Start with Trent and switch it with Brad if needed. Or Start with Brad. With Trent at RB you get two for the price of one. Average RB, world class midfield. 3-4-3 combo. So it's not going to be a straight forward for Bradley.

klopp now knows he can trust him when needed. Trent comes back in when fit obv. but Bradley can be his sub and start in certain cup games. All good.

And maybe even start with trent if we to try trent in MF from the start of some games.

OPTIONS !!! :)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #68: Jan 23, 2024 02:56:12 pm
      Conor appears to show exceptional talent, for such a young player. Hope the club can hold on to him.

Quick Reply