Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      24 (30.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      50 (64.1%)
      Darwin NĂșñez
      2 (2.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      FĂĄbio Carvalho
      1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Aug 19, 2022 09:55:39 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22014 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,505 posts | 826 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Aug 15, 2022 10:14:59 pm
      Anyone saying it's only 2 games needs to get a grip and look at the teams we've played...BOTH will end the season anchored in the bottom half.
      City will wipe the floor with them. BTW...Carvalho needs to be starting in this team pronto.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,912 posts | 6834 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #484: Aug 15, 2022 10:15:59 pm
      Oh that's your take on it...LFC player butt's a defenders..gets sent off and you say "these things happen from time to time.."

Well OK..

Come on man, he was talking about drawing the game again!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,547 posts | 3475 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #485: Aug 15, 2022 10:16:15 pm
      F**k me, some of the utter sh*t being spouted on here. Embarrassing,  clueless, ignorant. Bedwetting morons.  How some of you cope with the real world , Christ only knows.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #486: Aug 15, 2022 10:18:23 pm
      F**k me, given Kostas' cameo off the bench I wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting XI at the moment.

“Cameo off the bench” - exactly
.. what you expecting from someone who has not played for such a long time?

He was certainly no worse than Robbo who had been playing that way for a while.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #487: Aug 15, 2022 10:19:27 pm
      Piss poor performance in a game we should be winning. The midfield is all wrong we need a CREATOR FFS
      gazred
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 858 posts | 306 
      Reply #488: Aug 15, 2022 10:20:34 pm
      It's a poor start to the season but it's only the first 2 games. It's not over.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #489: Aug 15, 2022 10:23:10 pm
      I am thinking with the two head butts  he’s definitely getting the maximum which I believe is three games correct?

Defo 3 match ban and fully deserved. Stupid reaction.. but that Anderson was a complete muppet and deserved a stronger reaction from our players.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #490: Aug 15, 2022 10:23:14 pm
      This is what happens when you lack investment. People catch up. The League doesn't sit still but we do.

We know where positions need addressing but for some reason these owners just refuse to invest any further. Look at our midfield options and anyone can clearly see it's lacking big time.

When did Liverpool Football Club start relying on untested youth to spearhead our midfield? Arguebly the most important part of the pitch and we're lacking big time.

There's players at this club that should have been moved on ages ago yet they haven't. I can only imagine they haven't been moved on because the owners don't want to replace them as it costs money.

We're ÂŁ10m in to the green this year and our investments look bad. Usually the owners can hide behind the players peforming but we've been very bad for a while now. We've won two finals on penalties and lost the main final and the league.

This year other teams have definitely got better and have invested heavily whilst once again we got our one signing (I don't think he's any good tbh and time will tell whether I'm right or wrong) and given two youngsters who have great potential but are not what we need here and now.

I blame this on FSG and no one else.

People can disagree as much as they like and some will call me a fake fan, johhny come, claiming to know more than Klopp etc but none of you can hide the fact that we've looked sh*t for ages and teams around us are getting better. That's called catching up.

Get ready for a top four race whether you want to admit it or not
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 331 posts | 62 
      Reply #491: Aug 15, 2022 10:24:31 pm

Let's just remember of all the bad publicity the scum getting if the beat us next Monday they will be one point above us.....now thats worrying.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4979 
      Reply #492: Aug 15, 2022 10:26:28 pm
      Come on man, he was talking about drawing the game again!

Nah Aussie mate I wasn't. I was talking about the 'headbutt'.

Like I said once in a while a footballer will do something stupid.

It's done. He'll learn from it and we'll move on
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 686 posts | 91 
      Reply #493: Aug 15, 2022 10:26:59 pm
      Of course it's not over it's still in our own hands but if it goes out of our hands against Man City I think that'll be that but if it goes out of our hands against Chelsea, Arsenal or Tottenham then we're still in.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,947 posts | 453 
      Reply #494: Aug 15, 2022 10:27:28 pm
      Our midfield needs sorting out. The plan seems is to do it next year. I think it needs sorting out yesterday not next year.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #495: Aug 15, 2022 10:27:34 pm
      How the F**k are we going to beat City Chelsea or Spurs home or  away with performance like that when we never did it last season
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #496: Aug 15, 2022 10:28:28 pm
      Our midfield needs sorting out. The plan seems is to do it next year. I think it needs sorting out yesterday not next year.

We won’t be paying to improve the midfield next year
 no way
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #497: Aug 15, 2022 10:29:05 pm
      Nah Aussie mate I wasn't. I was talking about the 'headbutt'.

Like I said once in a while a footballer will do something stupid.

It's done. He'll learn from it and we'll move on

As long as he learns from it is the main thing. Aguero I think got banned on 3 separate occasions for intentionally elbowing players, they ended up increasing it to a 4 game ban the last time he done it. As long as we don’t see repeats from Nunez like that, then what’s done is done.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #498: Aug 15, 2022 10:29:50 pm
      I’m thinking after the last few games I watched  that we should have sold Salah and paid what Mane wanted instead. Another game he went missing in tonight.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #499: Aug 15, 2022 10:29:52 pm
      Next Two games are going to be big
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,505 posts | 826 
      Reply #500: Aug 15, 2022 10:29:54 pm
      Piss poor performance in a game we should be winning. The midfield is all wrong we need a CREATOR FFS
      To f**king right....We should be winning ALL our games at Anfield. We've just shat 2 points down the toilet to Crystal F**king Palace. I was going mental when we drew with Tottenham...but Palace....There can be no excuses. Team looks like it's lost its identity.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4979 
      Reply #501: Aug 15, 2022 10:31:45 pm
      As long as he learns from it is the main thing. Aguero I think got banned on 3 separate occasions for intentionally elbowing players, they ended up increasing it to a 4 game ban the last time he done it. As long as we don’t see repeats from Nunez like that, then what’s done is done.

Yep. Defender going down like he'd been shot didn't help.

Although you'd think reading on here Nunez had commited some heinous crime and not just a moment of madness after being frustrated by a defender.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,505 posts | 826 
      Reply #502: Aug 15, 2022 10:32:19 pm
      Of course it's not over it's still in our own hands but if it goes out of our hands against Man City I think that'll be that but if it goes out of our hands against Chelsea, Arsenal or Tottenham then we're still in.
      What you have just said is actually impossible.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #503: Aug 15, 2022 10:33:17 pm
      Bit of long awaited magic from Diaz gets us a point. Nunez cost us 2.

If we’ve been training to play new tactics, we’d better get back to the old ones pretty quick.
      Got three matches without Nunez plus any time Klopp thinks he needs to get back in.
      Can’t afford any more performances like these last two.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,547 posts | 3475 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #504: Aug 15, 2022 10:33:46 pm
      This is what happens when you lack investment. People catch up. The League doesn't sit still but we do.

We know where positions need addressing but for some reason these owners just refuse to invest any further. Look at our midfield options and anyone can clearly see it's lacking big time.

When did Liverpool Football Club start relying on untested youth to spearhead our midfield? Arguebly the most important part of the pitch and we're lacking big time.

There's players at this club that should have been moved on ages ago yet they haven't. I can only imagine they haven't been moved on because the owners don't want to replace them as it costs money.

We're ÂŁ10m in to the green this year and our investments look bad. Usually the owners can hide behind the players peforming but we've been very bad for a while now. We've won two finals on penalties and lost the main final and the league.

This year other teams have definitely got better and have invested heavily whilst once again we got our one signing (I don't think he's any good tbh and time will tell whether I'm right or wrong) and given two youngsters who have great potential but are not what we need here and now.

I blame this on FSG and no one else.

People can disagree as much as they like and some will call me a fake fan, johhny come, claiming to know more than Klopp etc but none of you can hide the fact that we've looked sh*t for ages and teams around us are getting better. That's called catching up.

Get ready for a top four race whether you want to admit it or not

Very bad for a while. What sh*t are you smoking?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,267 posts | 1230 
      Reply #505: Aug 15, 2022 10:34:11 pm
      Meh. Thought we took a needless risk playing Nat and leaving Hendo out. Struck me as the kind of choices that might make sense for a cup game but not first home game of the season with injury hit squad  needing a win.

Sucker punch sods law had to happen tonight of al nights but we should have learned about those by now and then Darwin what can you say? Madness. Hopefully some stern words and tough training sessions ahead for him and for the squad as we we will need absolutely everyone at it to get ourselves going and into some form.

It is frustrating to feel despairing so early in the season and we have our work cut out but an early f*ck up means we have a long time to pull it back.

Quick Reply