Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 26th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      24 (30.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      50 (64.1%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (2.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Aug 19, 2022 09:55:39 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19593 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,404 posts | 1424 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Aug 16, 2022 10:52:46 am
      I prefer to reflect on the last 4 years and how Jürgen has found a way to challenge and win Trophies so after 2 games I won't be calling this season a failure like so many its f***in bizarre really.

I've only reflected on the game and the incidents. Looking at Darwin's game before the RC could his movement be better. He had one or two half chances but we didn't create much from the wings or through the middle. Is his first touch good enough. With a Palace playing 8/9 behind the ball Darwin was always going to get marked very tightly, was he ready for that. It was his first full start before the RC I'd give him a 5/6ish  out of 10. Taking the RC into account that goes down to a 4/10.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,242 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #599: Aug 16, 2022 11:23:13 am
      Have to admit I’ve had a good laugh reading this thread over the last 12 hours or so.  :lmao: Not because you drew  but the fact so many members giving up on the title.  ;D Two games in, 4 points behind and fans saying it’s all over  :lmao:

These must be the same fans that you see panic buying loo rolls in the supermarkets when Covid hit.  :lmao: The team had a poor game and that is all, you can still see the class in the side. Granted the midfield poor which ultimately will probably cost you the title.

But giving up. Christ whatever next  :f_doh:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,473 posts | 823 
      Reply #600: Aug 16, 2022 11:32:24 am
      Have to admit I’ve had a good laugh reading this thread over the last 12 hours or so.  :lmao: Not because you drew  but the fact so many members giving up on the title.  ;D Two games in, 4 points behind and fans saying it’s all over  :lmao:

These must be the same fans that you see panic buying loo rolls in the supermarkets when Covid hit.  :lmao: The team had a poor game and that is all, you can still see the class in the side. Granted the midfield poor which ultimately will probably cost you the title.

"...Whatever next?"...Well, hopefully a repeat of last season with a comfortable win against United....That would make us all feel a bit better.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #601: Aug 16, 2022 11:36:28 am
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #602: Aug 16, 2022 11:38:17 am
      I prefer to reflect on the last 4 years and how Jürgen has found a way to challenge and win Trophies so after 2 games I won't be calling this season a failure like so many its f***in bizarre really.

Usual suspects out in force ruling us out of the actual game and then even the title race .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,242 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #603: Aug 16, 2022 11:48:15 am
      "...Whatever next?"...Well, hopefully a repeat of last season with a comfortable win against United....That would make us all feel a bit better.

Shouldn’t be to difficult the way United playing.  :f_doh:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #604: Aug 16, 2022 11:48:45 am

We'll still beat you at Old Toilet Keith.

Not even Howard Webb would be able to help you. :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #605: Aug 16, 2022 11:55:13 am
      If Nunez doesn't lose his head we win that game comfortably.

Unfortunately we're dropping too many points too early which will cost us any chance of a title win this season.

Our midfield is also too light we're missing a top resilient midfielder.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,473 posts | 823 
      Reply #606: Aug 16, 2022 12:00:42 pm
      Shouldn’t be to difficult the way United playing.  :f_doh:
      Shouldn't be....but probably will be...the way we're playing!!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #607: Aug 16, 2022 12:30:08 pm
      Have you not heard Klopp he will not "buy" players for an injury situations that are resolved in a few weeks  :D   Don't expect any changes or transfers. It is not gonna happen. We will rather see some of the kids from the youth team to get minutes now....

Yes, I've even posted his quotes. My point here is mainly to express concern about lack of sharpness. People reflexively shout for transfers when results don't come, but my focus is on the performance of the players already here (is where Jürgen is focusing too). injuries would have to keep accumulating for other moves.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,242 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #608: Aug 16, 2022 12:47:46 pm
      We'll still beat you at Old Toilet Keith.

Not even Howard Webb would be able to help you. :D

I fully expect nothing else unfortunately
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #609: Aug 16, 2022 12:52:23 pm

It's sad that our resident Manc speaks more sense than a few of our own, but fair play to you mate.  At least you are able to look at the performance and result and keep some semblance of perspective.  Cheers
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #610: Aug 16, 2022 12:53:05 pm
      Thought we played pretty well for most parts of the game but we just don’t look as clinical or deadly without Mane and Jota.

I said in the Fulham post match thread how I thought Darwin was quite clumsy and I felt the same last night. His movement/energy is good but he really needs to work on some technical parts of his game if he wants to be a success here.

Diaz bailed us (and himself) out last night with a wonder strike because before that I just couldn’t see us scoring and I thought Diaz had a poor game until then too.

I’m not writing us off, however I do see city scoring well over 100 goals this season and I don’t think we will get anywhere close to that.

Normally that would be fine if you can improve and tighten up defensively, but with VVD losing a yard of pace (I think a few seasons ago he would have actually prevented Zaha from scoring last night), trent having the occasional shocker and all our injury problems then I just don’t see it.

Mane leaving has been a huge underestimation on our part and I think it’s also blatantly obvious just how good Jota is now and how important he is to us. The sooner he is back the better.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,242 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #611: Aug 16, 2022 01:00:22 pm
      It's sad that our resident Manc speaks more sense than a few of our own, but fair play to you mate.  At least you are able to look at the performance and result and keep some semblance of perspective.  Cheers

Think they call it looking at the bigger picture Harry.  ;D looks like more and more of your fans think this years title challenge a sprint and not a marathon.

Thanks for your comments though.  :)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,686 posts | 7158 
      Reply #612: Aug 16, 2022 01:09:08 pm
      Two oil rich teams play each other word from the higher end of the Royal Command has deemed Newcastle will win or their will be trouble. So a good win at UTD will mean 1 point difference.
      At this point I am  more concerned about the fitness of our squad just what is going on
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,242 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #613: Aug 16, 2022 01:12:00 pm

At this point I am  more concerned about the fitness of our squad just what is going on

I noticed that Walt, isn’t just the usual rusty start like so many clubs do until they get into the groove of things?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #614: Aug 16, 2022 01:20:13 pm
      Thought we played pretty well for most parts of the game but we just don’t look as clinical or deadly without Mane and Jota.

I said in the Fulham post match thread how I thought Darwin was quite clumsy and I felt the same last night. His movement/energy is good but he really needs to work on some technical parts of his game if he wants to be a success here.

Diaz bailed us (and himself) out last night with a wonder strike because before that I just couldn’t see us scoring and I thought Diaz had a poor game until then too.

I’m not writing us off, however I do see city scoring well over 100 goals this season and I don’t think we will get anywhere close to that.

Normally that would be fine if you can improve and tighten up defensively, but with VVD losing a yard of pace (I think a few seasons ago he would have actually prevented Zaha from scoring last night), trent having the occasional shocker and all our injury problems then I just don’t see it.

Mane leaving has been a huge underestimation on our part and I think it’s also blatantly obvious just how good Jota is now and how important he is to us. The sooner he is back the better.

I agree with the Jota point - get him back up top in the 9 and Nunez will have to take his chance when he gets it.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #615: Aug 16, 2022 01:50:49 pm
      I fully expect nothing else unfortunately
      What's your stadium like Keith? After the Brentford game, Neville made a remark about Old Trafford being decrepit or something. First I've heard of that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,106 posts | 2129 
      Reply #616: Aug 16, 2022 01:54:24 pm
      If you honestly believe that Salah... (and indeed others) haven't exaggerated contact in an effort to influence a referee, then I suspect your rose tints are perhaps permanent fixtures that no amount of visual evidence could physically bypass.

Again, gonna have to see some examples before you back up that claim. It's all very well trying to be impartial but being impartial for impartiality sake..bit sad innit??
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,242 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #617: Aug 16, 2022 02:21:15 pm
      What's your stadium like Keith? After the Brentford game, Neville made a remark about Old Trafford being decrepit or something. First I've heard of that.

Not been since covid so my assessment wouldn't be that of a educated one really. It does need a refurb though. When you look at what Spurs have done for the biggest fan base in the league changes are needed, just like in every other department.   ;D

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #618: Aug 16, 2022 02:24:20 pm
      It all feels a bit daunting at the moment. Can't lie, there is this nagging fear in me that we've already let too much slip. It's a testament to what money can buy (City) when the league feels like it's starting to get out of reach after two games.

In reality, I'm a dumbass and a weak minded supporter because there's still 36 games to go and City is not going to win every game. We've certainly set ourselves up for a challenge, there is no doubt about that, but I have faith that Klopp will find a way to get us firing again and soon.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,473 posts | 823 
      Reply #619: Aug 16, 2022 02:45:57 pm
      Again, gonna have to see some examples before you back up that claim. It's all very well trying to be impartial but being impartial for impartiality sake..bit sad innit??
      Not impartial for the sake of it.... I'm just saying what my eyes have actually seen..Yet when your eyes have seen these incidents your attention span is seemingly not sufficient enough for you to encode the incident to memory. The examples are numerous enough, try concentrating hard and search your memory....they are there.
      Harrisimo

• 8,404 posts | 1424 
      Reply #620: Aug 16, 2022 02:47:35 pm

Well it doesn't really help Darwin's cause. It shows a defender basically doing his job. At one point Darwin takes a swipe at Andersen. He'll get worse than that.

Quick Reply