Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      24 (30.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      50 (64.1%)
      Darwin NĂșñez
      2 (2.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      FĂĄbio Carvalho
      1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Aug 19, 2022 09:55:39 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19473 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,381 posts | 1420 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Aug 16, 2022 09:27:44 pm
      Last post from me on this matter:

I agreed with the OP that the place lad milked the contact, I wanted to make the point all players milk the system, even our own, and rightly so as it can achieve an advantage. This fact was not believed without me sending evidence. No evidence was needed because it's something we've all seen loads of times.
      I've commented before on this forum all supporters wear rose tinted glasses, me included, it's part of the whole experience. I do though think it's possible to love your club and from time to time point out factual errors.
      Thank you for your comments .......Lets move on

Agreed. Thanks for your reply.Look forward to the next time.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,433 posts | 808 
      Reply #645: Aug 16, 2022 10:01:40 pm
      What’s your issue with Mo 🤷‍♂

I don't have an issue with him. Over his time at the club he has been nothing short of immaculate, a joy, Our recent success wouldn't have happened without his contribution. However, as others on this forum have posted, his contribution over the last 6 months or so has been below his admittedly high standard. It has been debated that perhaps his African cup of nations games together with his drawn out contract impasse mitigated his sudden drop in form. With those events firmly in the rear view mirror some of us are at a loss to understand his continuing lack of threat. I hope and expect he'll turn the corner, hopefully at OT next Monday.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #646: Aug 16, 2022 10:06:00 pm

I wondered how long it would be for someone to comment some f***in sh*t just like this and boil my f***in piss at the same time, congratulations fuckstick you have won !!

Now I’ll probably get banned for this, but f**k it, when you read something like what this muppet has it really really pisses me tae f**k off, oh but, it’s only his opinions some of his little mates will say, well, F**k his opinion, it’s a absolute disgrace,

Conceding the title after two f***in games tells me he/she/it is not a supporter of this Fantastic institution of our and to be honest we don’t f***in want this type either, so do one fuckstick, there’s a club that will suit you perfectly at the end of the East Lancs Rd, Keith will guide you, he knows all about them, but prefers us but won’t admit it, anyhoo my point is

We as a club, past and present never ever give up, unlike Mr RC9 here, wonder what RC means, I’ll leave it to your imagination, this bloke has lasted two f***in games, well ok Mr RC9 you’ve gave up the title so I don’t expect to see you until next f***in August then, cos you will have f**k all to discuss now that the season is over, and you can take your mate Tomx with ye !!

Liverpool Fans

MY ARSE !!!!

.F**k OFF !!!!

And breathe.

I said what I said doesn't mean I won't be supporting week in week out.

If the title race becomes back on brilliant if it doesn't oh well, I am not going to cry about the owners or moan about man management or players fitness week in week out it just my thought that the race is over as to beat this City side you need to be near perfect and we just aren't and it's only two games in.

Also just because I think we might not win the title it doesn't mean I think we won't win the CL or any of the other cups, like I get you want to be the perfect fan who can never think it's over till it's over, that's fine you do you but keep it respectful. 

You'll see me here whenever I feel like posting I've been a member for a long time now and like to think if I was a WUM or a fan with reactionary opinions I'd have been called out for it by now, but I haven't.

Hope you're feeling a bit better now mate.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #647: Aug 16, 2022 10:12:23 pm
      And breathe.

If the title race becomes back on brilliant if it doesn't oh well, I am not going to cry about the owners or moan about man management or players fitness week in week out it just my thought that the race is over as to beat this City side you need to be near perfect and we just aren't and it's only two games in.

Also just because I think we might not win the title it doesn't mean I think we won't win the CL or any of the other cups, like I get you want to be the perfect fan who can never think it's over till it's over, that's fine you do you but keep it respectful. 

You'll see me here whenever I feel like posting I've been a member for a long time now and like to think if I was a WUM or a fan with reactionary opinions I'd have been called out for it by now, but I haven't.

We were 14 points behind in Jan

Title race is far from over

City have a paper thin squad with another player leaving

It won’t take much for them to be derailed

Saying the race is over after two games ?!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1531 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #648: Aug 16, 2022 10:16:06 pm
      We were three goals from winning all four competitions last season. We were not an average team playing brilliant football out of sheer luck. What we are, is a brilliant team having a bit of a lean spell. It happens. Not even Barca/Madrid/City get all three points every single game. Let's get our wobble out of the way now, because one thing is for sure, City will drop points.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #649: Aug 16, 2022 10:17:20 pm
      We were 14 points behind in Jan

Title race is far from over

City have a paper thin squad with another player leaving

It won’t take much for them to be derailed

Saying the race is over after two games ?!

This City team is a completely different animal and we've both set such high levels that I honestly feel having two points after playing Fulham and Crystal Palace is enough reason to feel the title is going to be too far from our reach.

I obviously was pissed off when I posted that and that's the feeling I had at the time, I hope things change but F**k me this is probably the first time I've said something so reactive and I get a mountain of sh*te aimed at me when the poster hasn't taken into account my positing history. Pot kettle black.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #650: Aug 16, 2022 10:17:43 pm
      The Nunez red card,  I've seen worse. Anderson had to have been told to rattle him as they knew he is a handful. It looked more like a shoulder nudge with a clash of heads than a full on head but. Nunez now has to learn from this. Every defender in the EPL will now prevoke him if he doesn't get this under control. Welcome to the Premier league Darwin it's a tough old league. With that being said if he gets his disaplain under control we, ve got a real proper striker here now with real talent.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #651: Aug 16, 2022 10:20:42 pm
      This City team is a completely different animal and we've both set such high levels that I honestly feel having two points after playing Fulham and Crystal Palace is enough reason to feel the title is going to be too far from our reach.

I obviously was pissed off when I posted that and that's the feeling I had at the time, I hope things change but f**k me this is probably the first time I've said something so reactive and I get a mountain of sh*te aimed at me when the poster hasn't taken into account my positing history. Pot kettle black.

This City team has added Haaland but has lost - Sterling , Fernandinho, Jesus and is about to lose Silva - that leaves them thin - won’t take many injuries for them to suffer - certainly won’t judge based on the game against Bournemouth who just gave up the minute the whistle went

The reaction of the fans right now is a touch silly
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,922 posts | 443 
      Reply #652: Aug 16, 2022 10:40:57 pm
      Title race on or title race off, we need to start winning games pretty quickly otherwise pressure will ramp up for top 4.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #653: Aug 16, 2022 10:53:20 pm

This City team has added Haaland but has lost - Sterling , Fernandinho, Jesus and is about to lose Silva - that leaves them thin - won’t take many injuries for them to suffer - certainly won’t judge based on the game against Bournemouth who just gave up the minute the whistle went

Time will tell and like I said hope I am wrong.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,433 posts | 808 
      Reply #654: Aug 16, 2022 10:54:42 pm
      For us to pull back 14 points and be in a position into the final 15/20 minutes of the season to win it was incredible. Add to that the run to get to the Champions league final and you are talking about elite football of the very highest level.   

With more or less the same players we were superb in the Charity shield against a formidable opponent...battered them.                   
      Against Fulham we were lethargic and got a somewhat fortunate point. Against Crystal P. we were the opposite, almost too much effort,                           so much effort there was no time to think what we were trying to do. Get the balance right and we should be back on course. We all love a win, but we also love what only this team can do....elite football
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,462 posts | 2854 
      Reply #655: Aug 16, 2022 10:57:33 pm

In fairness City have replaced all those that have left and will probably spend big on a midfielder should Silva go in the next couple of weeks.

Either way, it's pretty much nailed on they are going to get 90+ points again so we've not got a lot of wiggle room here. Need to start winning games fast.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6973 
      Reply #656: Aug 16, 2022 11:03:05 pm
      Nunez needs to learn that was a major F**k up. I mean come on, is it a yellow card to headbutt in the Portuguese league? I doubt it.

Having said that the way we played with 10 men showed the level we can perform at even with a botched up team.

Diaz goal was up there with the best too.

I'm not concerned medium term but obviously injuries and bedding in a new striker makes this already look a transition season. But I'd never write us off after 2 games.
      Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #657: Aug 17, 2022 08:44:42 am
      Still feeling grumpy as hell. We came back from way behind last season BUT I can’t shake this “season is over before it’s actually started” feeling. Mondays game at toilet has become a must win.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,967 posts | 5023 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #658: Aug 17, 2022 09:21:26 am
      And breathe.

So what your saying is you will only support when we are winning, is that it ? Someone needs to  sit you down and explain what it means to support? That’s blatantly obvious,

Take your statement above 
 ‘If the title race is back on’ what the actual F**k mate !

Over after two games, some f***in ‘Supporter’ you are, so you don’t believe then that it’s  entirely possible that we could over the next 36 matches overhaul City ?  a club so arrogant they think that putting all their eggs in one basket, in Haaland will be the difference,

What if that dirty Blueshite Cnut Pickford were to repeat his assault on Haaland, as he did to Virgil ? would that bring you back quicker ?

You are correct in saying that standards have been set to its highest level yet, but that doesn’t mean it will continue to rise and rise and rise, who’s to say it hasn’t peaked already or it drops slightly, general consensus being it will fluctuate season on season,

Seems to me you are only bothered if we are winning, harping on about the perfect fan sh*t cos I BELIEVE we can still win it, well pardon me for being f***in born, but isn’t that what we’re here to do, SUPPORT ??

And not f***in run off crying cos we haven’t been perfect, like I said

Liverpool Fan
..My Arse !!!

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #659: Aug 17, 2022 09:31:04 am
      Andersen claims to have received death threats, what does the c**t want - compliments?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,593 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #660: Aug 17, 2022 09:31:05 am

So what your saying is you will only support when we are winning, is that it ? Someone needs to  sit you down and explain what it means to support? That’s blatantly obvious,

‘If the title race is back on’ what the actual f**k mate !

Over after two games, some f***in ‘Supporter’ you are, so you don’t believe then that it’s  entirely possible that we could over the next 36 matches overhaul City ?  a club so arrogant they think that putting all their eggs in one basket, in Haaland will be the difference,

What if that dirty Blueshite Cnut Pickford were to repeat his assault on Haaland, as he did to Virgil ? would that bring you back quicker ?

You are correct in saying that standards have been set to its highest level yet, but that doesn’t mean it will continue to rise and rise and rise, who’s to say it hasn’t peaked already or it drops slightly, general consensus being it will fluctuate season on season,

Seems to me you are only bothered if we are winning, harping on about the perfect fan sh*t cos I BELIEVE we can still win it, well pardon me for being f***in born, but isn’t that what we’re here to do, SUPPORT ??

Liverpool Fan
..My Arse !!!

Anything can happen over a season, they will drop points, the season we won the league they dropped loads of points.

We will start winning games again starting at Old stratford next monday.

Just a slow difficult start.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,721 posts | 3941 
      Reply #661: Aug 17, 2022 09:54:50 am
      Absolutely gutted but I love this team - we will bounce back because we have the best manager in the entire world.
      Don77

• 6,622 posts | 1115 
      Reply #662: Aug 17, 2022 10:05:18 am
      Still feeling grumpy as hell. We came back from way behind last season BUT I can’t shake this “season is over before it’s actually started” feeling. Mondays game at toilet has become a must win.

As bad as utd are ... lose there on Monday and we are below them ... possible propped up by the bitters. If that doesn't motivate us I'm not sure what will
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #663: Aug 17, 2022 10:07:38 am
      Just read the BBC report on the game which says Nunez was DESERVEDLY sent off for reacting to a shove from Joachim Anderson  with a headbutt that floored the Palace defender!?!?

If the ref had any F***ing clue the defender should have been warned for making sexual advances to Nunez' arse and his response was to  turn round and push the pervert away with his chest, there was a mock suggestion of a butt but absolutely no contact!

I saw the live game and several replays of the incident and there was no contact.
      The defender was attempting to get Nunez provoked and sent off.
      The BBC and the media in general  all read from the same bullshit page.

The BBC once again claiming that bollox "was floored by a headbutt" they have film of the incident that shows the only physical contact was the chest!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1531 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #664: Aug 17, 2022 10:22:22 am

I'm not so sure

Haaland replaces Jesus
      Alvarez replaces Sterling
      Phillips replaces Fernandinho
      Fernandino hardly played
      Silva hasn't left and I believe they have a replacement if he goes
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2022 10:51:18 am by Rush »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,189 posts | 2760 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #665: Aug 17, 2022 11:21:30 am
      As bad as utd are ... lose there on Monday and we are below them ... possible propped up by the bitters. If that doesn't motivate us I'm not sure what will

I’ll be taking the p!ss out of you lot! if it does.  :lmao: Highly unlikely though.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #666: Aug 17, 2022 11:28:38 am

‘If the title race is back on’ what the actual f**k mate !

Liverpool Fan
..My Arse !!!

Comprehension obviously isn't your best skill is it.

I can support a team week in and week out while acknowledging that we are going to struggle behind another, the definition of support is not to be blindly delusional it is to keep supporting the team through thick and thin which I will.

If I think that we are out of the race because of xyz it has nothing to do with me not supporting the team, I will still week in and week out support the team regardless of whether we win lose or draw, that doesn't mean I need to think we will win everything at the end of the season.

Not once have I said F**k this I am off for the season bye, I just think the title may be out of our grasp this season, it's as simple as that. I am grateful for how competitive we have been in recent years and the brilliance of Klopp and the players, so I am not angry if we are out of the race as I see the bigger picture of what we achieved.

I haven't cried at all, I can say we are out of the title race naively maybe without being angry and upset with the team, as you know I am a supporter and will continue to support them regardless, be it with someone like Hodgson in charge or Klopp, I watch every game and want us to win every game.

No wonder this forum has less and less posters these days, if your opinion gets shouted down like this.

Quick Reply