Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Napoli?

Alisson Becker
      9 (12%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      4 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      59 (78.7%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.3%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1.3%)
      Arthur Melo
      0 (0%)
      Darwin NĆŗƱez
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: Sep 11, 2022 09:53:23 pm

Napoli 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21402 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Re: Napoli 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #828: Sep 07, 2022 10:46:09 pm
      Well JĆ¼rgen is still saying he needs time to think about the game. History suggests back in the day we won every game but we didnt and a couple of games a season we were awful and I remember Souness saying after such a game he would tell the lads no training tomorrow we are going to the Horses which was code for the Pub so as men they could sort it out face to face and clear the air I think the lads should go to Costa or Starbucks  and do exactly the same and be honest with each other and it would do them the world of good
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,499 posts | 826 
      Reply #829: Sep 07, 2022 10:46:43 pm
      JĆ¼rgen doesn't need to say that much  to TV...Keep it in the changing room. Being too honest with the press you see where it got Tuchel. I'm not saying he's gonna get the boot....just say it was a bad night and sort it behind closed doors
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #830: Sep 07, 2022 10:47:57 pm
      Well JĆ¼rgen is still saying he needs time to think about the game. History suggests back in the day we won every game but we didnt and a couple of games a season we were awful and I remember Souness saying after such a game he would tell the lads no training tomorrow we are going to the Horses which was code for the Pub so as men they could sort it out face to face and clear the air I think the lads should go to Costa or Starbucks  and do exactly the same and be honest with each other and it would do them the world of good

Defo, they also need to be asked (likes of salah, vvd, diaz, alissin) are they actually happy with the squad?
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,056 posts | 343 
      Reply #831: Sep 07, 2022 10:48:48 pm

Think Iā€™d choose the Horsesā€¦! Do a proper job!

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #832: Sep 07, 2022 10:49:30 pm
      JĆ¼rgen doesn't need to say that much  to TV...Keep it in the changing room. Being too honest with the press you see where it got Tuchel. I'm not saying he's gonna get the boot....just say it was a bad night and sort it behind closed doors

but saying he doesnt know and we have to start again is worrying
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #833: Sep 07, 2022 10:51:05 pm
      I am off but its interesting that most of us seem resigned to this defeat and performance tonight as if it was expected now that is worrying
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #834: Sep 07, 2022 10:51:52 pm
      I'd still play you before Trent
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #835: Sep 07, 2022 10:55:19 pm
      Thought I couldn't feel any more depressed but that JĆ¼rgen interview did it for me.

Saying we need to reinvent ourselves and find a totally new set up for everything just one month into a season. Can tell he knows we're in a huge amount of bother this season.
      I'd be depressed if he hadn't come out and said those exact words.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,445 posts | 1441 
      Reply #836: Sep 07, 2022 11:04:33 pm
      We did concede 7 nearly 2 years ago..that was the season we needed Alisson to save our bacon. So it's not as if the Boss hasn't had tough times here. But with so many off form or who have lost the plot or whatever, this time it won't be an easy fix or that the team will come good in time.

Nothing has been lost. But we have to show we are up for the fight. Wolves & Ajax at home. Not gunner throw them under the bus just yet.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #837: Sep 07, 2022 11:10:11 pm
      Clearly some underlying issues. Apart from the execute knee jerkers, I think everyone is thinking snd feeling the same.
      Itā€™s evident that we canā€™t start with that same 11 again, and those who we canā€™t change need a huge shake up.
      Not sure if itā€™s the tactics, the attitude or the personnel but weā€™ve gotta stick in there. Keep supporting and hope we can turn it around.
      Think it all comes down to what changes JĆ¼rgen is prepared to make.
      Gonna be worrying times ahead.
      Was gonna go with Harvey for motm as he seemed to be giving his all, but went for Diaz as he worked his socks off and scored a stunner
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #838: Sep 07, 2022 11:22:10 pm
      Reminded me of the hammering from Spurs however many years ago. Except instead of Lovren, today was Gomez
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #839: Sep 07, 2022 11:23:28 pm
      I am no expert but successful sides are built on a good defence, we seem to be too slack at the back lately, but need to be back at our best against  Wolves & Ajax in our next two home games.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,541 posts | 3472 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #840: Sep 07, 2022 11:27:20 pm

No, tuchel not for the first time in his career fell out with players etc
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,445 posts | 1441 
      Reply #841: Sep 07, 2022 11:43:18 pm
      No, tuchel not for the first time in his career fell out with players etc

Was a bit surprised yer man got the sack...no not Johnson..Tuchel..Chelsea always go with the flavour of the month..hence the Potter approach....bet Parker does feel too bad now...probaly in the Bahamas having a bevvy..
      Liverjack
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #842: Sep 07, 2022 11:51:47 pm
      Guys I could easily berate this tonight but Iā€™m not gonna do as I know that we have to take the rough with the smooth.

We all know that first 45 was the most dire in my opinion that Iā€™ve seen so far this season, came out second half with a bit more about them.

I see it as yes, we all knew this game was not gonna be a walk in the park but with  5 more games to go in this group so ā€œwe go againā€  letā€™s not get downhearted & get behind this team that recently has given us so many highs

scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #843: Sep 07, 2022 11:53:58 pm
      Not surprised at result,this mob took us to the cleaners at Murrayfield a few years back also.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #844: Sep 08, 2022 12:14:20 am
      Really thatā€™s poor from him.

Or is it honest?
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #845: Sep 08, 2022 01:09:54 am
      Other than Bournemouth (does that count?) weā€™ve led for about 3 seconds this season. Absolutely mental.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #846: Sep 08, 2022 02:07:20 am
      We were second or third best in everything.

I really thought that Gomez was playing better of the 2 CBs but tonight he was a disaster.

Klopp needs to think hard because we need to be better in everything department.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #847: Sep 08, 2022 02:13:37 am
      Not too bothered to be honest. sh*t happens and sometimes you have a hangover that lasts more than a couple hours. If there's a man in the world capable of getting the ship righted after this it's JĆ¼rgen. If he isn't able to get it righted, I fear for what lies ahead after that, so I'm of the optimistic nature right now that he'll get us back on track.

Is the league gone? Not really, is Champion's League gone? Not at all. Are any other trophy's gone? Nope. So for now at least, we can still try to enjoy the football knowing that all isn't lost. Win or lose, I still love watching us play and supporting this club. If we can savor the good results, sure as F**k we can deal with some bad ones?

YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #848: Sep 08, 2022 05:24:02 am
      I'm not as much of an expert in tactics and lineup decisions as others on here.I dont think its down to poor tactics or managerial mistakes. Secondly,  I'm tired of hearing that our issues are down to Mane no longer being on the team. But, its apparent that this squad is missing something. They lack flow, they lack the cohesion. The term "Poetry in Motion" was a perfect description of Liverpool over the past 5 seasons. But, that's not happening now. I think its a mixture of fixture congestion, international duties, Cup matches etc,etc...Success breeds contempt and exhaustion. I think its a matter of just building on some successful games and getting into that flow of winning. Plus losing titles to City by a few points multiple times is painful. They need new blood. The fact Liverpool have been as competitive against City as they've been is amazing. City have spent 5x as much as us and only win titles by 1pt is a testament to Klopp and the players. If FSG want to win. They must spend in the next 2 windows. We don't need a rebuild. We need a reinvestment.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #849: Sep 08, 2022 06:55:15 am
      A midfield with Milner-Elliott and Fab with underfiring Salah would only give this kind of performance. Firmino is still Firmino, Klopp has castrated him and made him not only a false No.9 but a false striker. He only scores when it's too easy to miss, it seems. I could not recall something he did in the game. Diaz and Robertson don't work as a unit yet, Salah and TAA have forgotten how to play and definitely cannot combine, and this midfield is non-existent. What infuriates me is that Milner is still starting. Klopp is the only one not seeing that the guy is awful now and should not start?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #850: Sep 08, 2022 07:31:42 am
      Terrible performance. Terrible result.

On one hand Iā€™m not too bothered. 5 games left to turn it around. Weā€™ll still qualify.

But you just canā€™t ignore how bad of a performance that was.

I donā€™t know whatā€™s happened to the back four but they look like a pub team. I can can only presume both robertson and Trent are burnt out and the pair of them need a good rest. Trent in particular was abysmal once again.

Gomez will take criticism which is fully deserved in truth he was shockingly bad but his CB partner shouldn't get away with it. Virgil has been well below his usual standard for a while now and it should be discussed far more. The form of Matip last season just helped disguise it.

That midfield three was always going to get turned over in a game like this. Youā€™ve got Milner who uses his bus pass to get to and from training and a 12 year old Harvey Elliott playing out of position in a type of game he has little experience in. Then fabinho who is trying to do about 6 jobs at once and running around like a headless chicken. Heā€™s a complexly different player and when he has Thiago alongside him where he can then concentrate on his own game.

The front three were dire again. Bobbys past it, salah is in horrendous form and diaz blows hot and cold in every game he plays. He shows his quality with a goal like that but can disappear for long spells.

The bossā€™s words were a little worrying after the game. He seemed completely baffled by it and he appeared concerned.

Wolves on Saturday is a massive game.

Quick Reply