Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson Becker
      24 (38.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.6%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      33 (52.4%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      4 (6.3%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Oct 05, 2022 04:54:49 pm

Liverpool 3-3 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17699 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Re: Liverpool 3-3 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Oct 01, 2022 05:00:04 pm
      Truth is we can’t complete. Since many have pointed out we have the wrong owners. We simply cannot keep up.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #346: Oct 01, 2022 05:00:04 pm
      Well F**k this. I was over the moon going 3 2 up, but this is pretty shitty.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #347: Oct 01, 2022 05:00:09 pm
      Reckon we’ll get top 4? I’m not sure

Tricky when you look at things currently. City and Arsenal are certainly going to get two of the slots and it's hard to see us finishing above two of Spurs, Chelsea or United. You could argue Brighton look better placed currently than ourselves.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #348: Oct 01, 2022 05:00:10 pm
      Arsenal and City next now.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I guess we will be in a lot of pain in the next few weeks.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #349: Oct 01, 2022 05:00:24 pm
      Sooner Ibou back the better but saying that the defense is riddled with mistakes so as a collective not sure he will.solve the problems . At one point Welbeck and Trossard stood in front of Ali with no defender within 5 yards inexcusable
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #350: Oct 01, 2022 05:00:45 pm
      Wouldn't surprise me if we start playing really well a couple of weeks before they have to go away for the World Cup.

11 points behind Arsenal already even with a game in hand (which probably makes it 10 points behind).
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Brighton
      Reply #351: Oct 01, 2022 05:01:17 pm
      This season is well and truly done. Look like a club in crisis. Can't defend, VVD looks a shadow of the player he used to be, Trent is all over the shop, Jürgen consistently brings on a 37 year old Milner to play at FB and our £80 million quid summer record signing appears not to be what we needed.

It's going to be a long season. Can anyone see us making Champions League places? I really can't.

Not on this form, but a long way to go and hopefully the team can get it turned around.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #352: Oct 01, 2022 05:01:59 pm
      Brighton scored three goals against us at home 🙄
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,465 posts | 822 
      Reply #353: Oct 01, 2022 05:02:04 pm
      Dear Herr Klopp, Milner is finished as a player at the highest level....it's just a fact
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #354: Oct 01, 2022 05:02:18 pm
      Every team in the country knows to attack our right side and you have a good chance of winning the game, yet we are not doing anything about it and simply saying Trent is a great defender? Not going to work.

The whole team was a sh*t show today tbf but F**k me Trent looked championship-level and still managed to finish the 90.

Milner had no place being on the pitch, like why was he needed? Henderson was actually improving in the second half and then got hooked, some poor choices from the gaffer today with his subs.

We are in a battle for top four and our best bet at silverware this season is probably the domestic cups. In the CL anything can happen and I always have hope, but we would need to really step it up.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Brighton
      Reply #355: Oct 01, 2022 05:03:51 pm
      This season is well and truly done. Look like a club in crisis. Can't defend, VVD looks a shadow of the player he used to be, Trent is all over the shop, Jürgen consistently brings on a 37 year old Milner to play at FB and our £80 million quid summer record signing appears not to be what we needed.

It's going to be a long season. Can anyone see us making Champions League places? I really can't.

The Pickford assault has seen VVD go from the world's best CB to still a top level CB but one that can be got at, previously he was unbeatable.
      Not at the moment but this season now Klopp will focus on CL proper and making the four. The domestic cups will get brushed aside due to the amount of fixtures and the league title is a non starter this time.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 320 posts | 49 
      Reply #356: Oct 01, 2022 05:04:32 pm
      Jurgens ran out of miracles.fsg out,another poor transfer window, midfield is weak
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #357: Oct 01, 2022 05:05:00 pm
      Trent has been given the license to roam. He drifted from the right side to the middle of the field and sometimes to the left. He was even a quarterback firing passes into the box at one time.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #358: Oct 01, 2022 05:05:10 pm
      Klopp's 7th season for us is beginning to look more and more like his 7th and final season at Dortmund.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #359: Oct 01, 2022 05:05:15 pm
      Fab
      Mo
      Trent
      Virg

4 players who need a rocket or time out
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,279 posts | 802 
      Reply #360: Oct 01, 2022 05:05:59 pm
      As much as I love him it's time to push Trent up a bit. Head's all over the place.

Know F**k all about Ramsey but from a few of our Scottish posters he sounds more than capable to fill in.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #361: Oct 01, 2022 05:06:29 pm
      Do we know when Konate is due back? I'd sit VVD for a game or two if he was available.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #362: Oct 01, 2022 05:06:38 pm
      As much as I love him it's time to push Trent up a bit. Head's all over the place.

Know f**k all about Ramsey but from a few of our Scottish posters he sounds more than capable to fill in.

Just stick Gomez in there.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #363: Oct 01, 2022 05:07:11 pm
      Playing like strangers at the moment
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #364: Oct 01, 2022 05:07:26 pm
      Just when you hope to turn a corner just keep going back to the same, it like 20/21 only without the injury crisis at CB.

Klopp looks bewildered on the sideline which is a very worrying sign, clearly whatever he has been saying or doing isn't getting through to the players.

Tough to see top four with the amount of points we are dropping to non top 6 sides, never say never it is a long season but boy it is rough to watch .

Think klopp needs to throw lineup in the mixer and see if he can find lineup that can click and truthly no player bar Alisson should be safe from not being a lock for first team (looking at Salah and VvD).
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #365: Oct 01, 2022 05:08:57 pm

Gomez has never looked out of place at RB for us, I personally think he does a better job there then at CB.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #366: Oct 01, 2022 05:09:18 pm
      I've never been in favour of playing Trent in midfield but his defending is a nightmare at the moment but would playing TAA in midfield be any worse than constantly relying on Milner ?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #367: Oct 01, 2022 05:10:00 pm

Give it a rest

Quick Reply