Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      7 (11.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.7%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      3 (5.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (6.8%)
      Luis Diaz
      9 (15.3%)
      Darwin NĆŗƱez
      22 (37.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (5.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      4 (6.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (5.1%)
      Ibrahima KonatƩ
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Oct 13, 2022 06:30:19 pm

Arsenal 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20593 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Arsenal 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #851: Oct 09, 2022 09:54:00 pm
      Gomez booked for taking too long with throw in ,wasted booking,rather he rattled wee lego head , when he again was out of his technical area and actually on the pitch, second goal could have been prevetented ,take the runner out ,take the booking ,but no let them break away up and score, basic ,and at the end of game all these players talking and laughing with opposition international mates , they should be in the dressing room getting the tea cup treatment.

Quite right but managers are probably scared of upsetting the snowflakes
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #852: Oct 09, 2022 09:54:26 pm
      ā€œKlopp outā€about is the absolute worst thing that can happen now.

We would be up shits creek with him.

Iā€™m more in favor of some ā€œplayers outā€ then the manager.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #853: Oct 09, 2022 09:55:54 pm
      Still got to question VAR how is that not a handball and penalty, yet every the penalty given would not have been given as a foul outside the box truly shocking

Especially when he gives a handball against Diaz when the ball bounced up.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #854: Oct 09, 2022 09:56:27 pm
      Gomez booked for taking too long with throw in ,wasted booking,rather he rattled wee lego head , when he again was out of his technical area and actually on the pitch, second goal could have been prevetented ,take the runner out ,take the booking ,but no let them break away up and score, basic ,and at the end of game all these players talking and laughing with opposition international mates , they should be in the dressing room getting the tea cup treatment.

More happy to be at top of fair play league . Do you think City would have allowed that break with Fernandinho, Casemeoro or Mctominay ? Not a chance
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #855: Oct 09, 2022 10:03:14 pm
      Itā€™s honestly absolutely staggering how weā€™ve gone from being such a sensible smart team, to one of the stupidest Iā€™ve ever seen. The decision making is absolutely horrific. We legit look like the worst defensive team in the league. And itā€™s the same players. If it wasnā€™t us and wasnā€™t so painful, it would be fascinating to consider how this can happen. But of course it is us, and itā€™s F***ing agony.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #856: Oct 09, 2022 10:07:19 pm
      You can't have a go at players for not caring etc, if you yourselves are banging on about not being arsed or t saying that the season is over
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #857: Oct 09, 2022 10:10:16 pm
      You can't have a go at players for not caring etc, if you yourselves are banging on about not being arsed or t saying that the season is over

dont think people mean it though I think everyone is just so confused at why we seem to be making the same mistakes game after game giving teams a goals start. Tomorrow it may look different we played quite well in certain areas but we just cant catch a break just look at the penalty not given.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #858: Oct 09, 2022 10:25:48 pm
      We did well to come back into this game and I think the penalty they got shouldn't have been a penalty and we should have got  penalties for the handball and the foul on Elliot if we want to be all like playing the game by actual rules, peh what a thought ey.

Flipping between two streams one with Le Saux  and Drury I think and Tyler Neville (aOooooooooooOOO0 his catch phrase apparently) Both commentary streams were vomit inducing, just actually taking away from the occasion/game/entertainment spectacle, so what is the point with this commentary style being a thing now, I'll call it 'ominous war mongering style'? Side note the commentary , just something I put in before I forgot that was part of this game.
       Firmino actually in form again this season and yet just keep him on the bench, does not make sense. Our defense a mess, why? why is it, it was fine for a few years now. Goal early just slice through our defense gifted to any opposition team now. All game they did similar stuff just hitting it very gently to 6 metres away or something, something is very odd this season, of course it is, but what the hell are the reasons? It makes no sense, the defenders aren't even twatting it out when in danger or nothing. The coaching has went to sh*te, I don't care what anyone says, Pep main coach, sod that if he is because all his hippy motivation stuff isn't yielding discipline and orginisation on the pitch, put that in your next book kid.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #859: Oct 09, 2022 10:27:05 pm
      No klopp out corner among proper fans. Proper fans are very much in klopps corner and very much in the fsg out corner. Yes klopp has made some mistakes ... but with them penny pinching c*nts for bosses he's very little room for error.

If klopp left tomorrow we'd be in a much much worse state than we are now.

If our s*ithouse owners sold up to someone who actually wants to back klopp and compete we'd be on the right road again.

And who do you suggest has the finance to buy is, apart from the oil rich countries. And ainā€™t that who we keep saying we need to avoid 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #860: Oct 09, 2022 10:28:43 pm
      Is there a Klopp out corner? F**k me.

Plenty on social media shouting it
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #861: Oct 09, 2022 10:31:25 pm
      just seen an interview JĆ¼rgen did with Jan Fjortoft as usual he is so F***ing amazingly honest and thoughtful the interviewers love him unlike Pepe who just grunts.
      He is right of course just a few things changed that game from a win to a loss and whilst were not on fire a lot of the first half we were quite good but not so good second half.
      He wasnt impressed with Joe Gomez getting a yellow because legohead complained to Oliver and clearly he cant get his head around us not getting a penalty. If anoyne can turn this team around it is JĆ¼rgen Klopp and whilst the league may be gone so much more to pay for beginning on Weds
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #862: Oct 09, 2022 10:48:09 pm
      The goal pre half time fu**ed our heads. Until then apart from the first 10 we were on top and good to win that game. Second half we were poor, and the subs didnā€™t help. Apart from Bobby they were all negative again.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #863: Oct 09, 2022 11:10:12 pm
      And who do you suggest has the finance to buy is, apart from the oil rich countries. And ainā€™t that who we keep saying we need to avoid 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Mr Inneos has got a few bob
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #864: Oct 09, 2022 11:18:58 pm

Man Utd fan and a Chelsea season ticket holder who has tried to buy both of them
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #865: Oct 09, 2022 11:25:36 pm
      Salah getting loads of sh*t. Whether he deserves it or not itā€™s ludicrous suggesting dropping him. Itā€™s not as if heā€™s reached his late thirties and his legs have gone, heā€™s just in horrendous form which happens to all great players. Itā€™ll happen to Haaland at some point, he will go 3 or 4 games without a goal and the media will be all over it.

Moā€™s been in this shocking form longer than what I thought he would be, but itā€™s not all his fault. The midfield donā€™t press like we used to and we now have Nunez and Diaz in the front three who are much more selfish than Bobby and mane who used to put everything on a plate for Mo.

But at the end of the day, heā€™s still one of the best attackers in the world. Heā€™s first name on our team sheet.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #866: Oct 09, 2022 11:36:08 pm
      Salah getting loads of sh*t. Whether he deserves it or not itā€™s ludicrous suggesting dropping him. Itā€™s not as if heā€™s reached his late thirties and his legs have gone, heā€™s just in horrendous form which happens to all great players. Itā€™ll happen to Haaland at some point, he will go 3 or 4 games without a goal and the media will be all over it.

Moā€™s been in this shocking form longer than what I thought he would be, but itā€™s not all his fault. The midfield donā€™t press like we used to and we now have Nunez and Diaz in the front three who are much more selfish than Bobby and mane who used to put everything on a plate for Mo.

But at the end of the day, heā€™s still one of the best attackers in the world. Heā€™s first name on our team sheet.
      Fair play to you trying to dig him out, but it's not just down to what's going on around him...He's a shadow of what he was, but as I say we all see it different.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #867: Oct 09, 2022 11:36:25 pm

Nunez greedy? Think you are clutching a bit has nothing to do with both of them when he is is in possession and looking less threatening than I think I can remember
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #868: Oct 09, 2022 11:37:21 pm
      Man Utd fan and a Chelsea season ticket holder who has tried to buy both of them
      Dyson?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,943 posts | 452 
      Reply #869: Oct 09, 2022 11:39:06 pm

You spend too much time on there for a man who can't stand it
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #870: Oct 09, 2022 11:39:31 pm
      Fair play to you trying to dig him out, but it's not just down to what's going on around him...He's not a shadow of what he was, but as I say we all see it different.

Iā€™m worried about a few things but salah returning to form isnā€™t one
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #871: Oct 09, 2022 11:40:27 pm

Not sure he has any interest in football
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #872: Oct 09, 2022 11:40:37 pm
      Nunez greedy? Think you are clutching a bit has nothing to do with both of them when he is is in possession and looking less threatening than I think I can remember

Very greedy yes. Some of the angles he shoots from are actually ridiculous.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #873: Oct 09, 2022 11:40:52 pm
      You spend too much time on there for a man who can't stand it

Eh 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Quick Reply