Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 112511 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #1311: Feb 01, 2023 02:38:42 pm
      Have no interest in woman's football, but any spare money would be better invested in our squad not paying for somewhere for the women to train. They need to start generating their own money to finance such projects. That lass that manages Chelsea honestly believes that the women game should have the same money and wages as the Premier league deluded. She was moaning that a game was called off the other week for a frozen pitch ffs deluded the lot of them.

Rant over,

Seriously 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 331 posts | 62 
      Reply #1312: Feb 01, 2023 02:41:28 pm

Yes seriously, it's not good to watch and at present it seems we don't have the spare cash to throw at it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #1313: Feb 01, 2023 02:50:56 pm
      Yes seriously, it's not good to watch and at present it seems we don't have the spare cash to throw at it.

What about the fans that tbink it’s good to watch 🤷‍♂️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,445 posts | 6432 
      Reply #1314: Feb 01, 2023 03:09:24 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,445 posts | 6432 
      Reply #1315: Feb 01, 2023 03:10:18 pm

What about the fans that tbink it’s good to watch 🤷‍♂️

What about the fans that think we should have bought a midfielder this window?

Surely the club doesn't make decisions based on the fans desires?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #1316: Feb 01, 2023 03:13:42 pm
      What about the fans that think we should have bought a midfielder this window?

Surely the club doesn't make decisions based on the fans desires?

Which was the point - just because someone doesn’t like ladies football doesn’t mean the club shouldn’t invest in that team
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,445 posts | 6432 
      Reply #1317: Feb 01, 2023 03:15:30 pm

Which was the point - just because someone doesn’t like ladies football doesn’t mean the club shouldn’t invest in that team

Doesn't mean they should either.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #1318: Feb 01, 2023 03:16:55 pm
      Doesn't mean they should either.

Why not 🤷‍♂️

They invested in new training ground for the men’s team so why shouldn’t the club do the same for the ladies team
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,445 posts | 6432 
      Reply #1319: Feb 01, 2023 03:25:30 pm
      Why not 🤷‍♂️

They invested in new training ground for the men’s team so why shouldn’t the club do the same for the ladies team

Because the ladies team doesn't pull in anywhere near the same revenue for the club as the men's team. I thought we all knew this already. The women's game isn't exciting. It's just not. The US Women's team a few years back got beat by a U15 boys team. That's when the women were the best team in the world. How many of you would pay to go watch a U15 boys team (that you didn't have a kid playing on)?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #1320: Feb 01, 2023 03:29:30 pm
      Because the ladies team doesn't pull in anywhere near the same revenue for the club as the men's team. I thought we all knew this already. The women's game isn't exciting. It's just not. The US Women's team a few years back got beat by a U15 boys team. That's when the women were the best team in the world. How many of you would pay to go watch a U15 boys team (that you didn't have a kid playing on)?

So does that mean the club should just ignore it then because you don’t think it’s exciting enough

There was 30,000 people at the Derby to watch them play at Anfield with and average around 10k , do you get that for you U15 games
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,445 posts | 6432 
      Reply #1321: Feb 01, 2023 03:35:02 pm
      So does that mean the club should just ignore it then because you don’t think it’s exciting enough

There was 30,000 people at the Derby to watch them play at Anfield with and average around 10k , do you get that for you U15 games

It's not just me that doesn't think it's exciting enough. Just look at numbers around the world for viewership of women's football. Will 10k tickets pay the bills? If so have at it. But don't expect them to be given the same treatment as a men's team because it's not enough revenue to make it so. I never said the club should ignore it. I just said the level of investment needs to be justified. You yourself are a huge proponent of spend what you make...so this should be an easy one. No I don't think the women's game should be subsidized by the men's game.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #1322: Feb 01, 2023 03:39:47 pm
      It's not just me that doesn't think it's exciting enough. Just look at numbers around the world for viewership of women's football. Will 10k tickets pay the bills? If so have at it. But don't expect them to be given the same treatment as a men's team because it's not enough revenue to make it so. I never said the club should ignore it. I just said the level of investment needs to be justified. You yourself are a huge proponent of spend what you make...so this should be an easy one. No I don't think the women's game should be subsidized by the men's game.

Do you even know how the club are going to repurchase Melwood - how do you know the “men’s game” is subsidising the Ladies team 🤷‍♂️

Same treatment 🤦‍♂️ yes because they are going to be built a £100mil dollar multi functional training facility 🤦‍♂️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,445 posts | 6432 
      Reply #1323: Feb 01, 2023 03:43:31 pm
      Do you even know how the club are going to repurchase Melwood - how do you know the “men’s game” is subsidising the Ladies team 🤷‍♂️

Same treatment 🤦‍♂️ yes because they are going to be built a £100mil dollar multi functional training facility 🤦‍♂️

Can you ever make a point without using only extremes as your two options?

I'd love to know how it will be purchased....can you tell me how?

And do you think there's different levels of treatment in between making them play on a primary school pitch filled with gopher holes and training on a state of the art complex like Kirkby? Could it be possible that the answer lies somewhere in the middle, based on how much revenue they bring to the club?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #1324: Feb 01, 2023 03:46:39 pm
      Can you ever make a point without using only extremes as your two options?

I'd love to know how it will be purchased....can you tell me how?

And do you think there's different levels of treatment in between making them play on a primary school pitch filled with gopher holes and training on a state of the art complex like Kirkby? Could it be possible that the answer lies somewhere in the middle, based on how much revenue they bring to the club?

They will pay the same level of fee that was given to them - around £6-8mil to Fowler and Carragher to buy it back with all the facilities there still on site

Why should it be about “revenue” they bring into the club in regards where they are able to train
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,445 posts | 6432 
      Reply #1325: Feb 01, 2023 03:47:13 pm
      They will pay the same level of fee that was given to them - around £6-8mil to Fowler and Carragher to buy it back with all the facilities there still on site

Why should it be about “revenue” they bring into the club in regards where they are able to train

Well you have to pay for your training facilities don't you?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #1326: Feb 01, 2023 03:54:13 pm
      Well you have to pay for your training facilities don't you?

And it will come out of the extra level of money they got from increased sponsorship as part of the Standard Chartered deal

All the top clubs have improved their commitment to the various ladies teams and this is brilliant for ours to help them continue their improvement in the WSL

I know people outside the city prob don’t give a sh*t but there are many fans within the city that do
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4978 
      Reply #1327: Feb 01, 2023 04:15:24 pm

Yep.

Fair play to those who enjoy it and I'm all for the spread of the game but personally I've zero interest in ladies football
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #1328: Feb 01, 2023 04:54:50 pm
      There are rumors of the club trying to buy back Kirkby for the women's team to use. Not sure if anyone cares or not.

Some bright spark mentioned this in the women's team thread with the sarcastic joke about the owners already having an excuse when we don't get Bellingham in the summer :lmao:
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1329: Feb 01, 2023 05:17:42 pm
      I have no interest in the women game.

The only womens sport I like is tennis.

I don’t know why they have to attach themselves to the mens team. Can’t Liverpool have a ladies team and just be their own club? They might have a small stadium or ground share with a non league club but if that’s where they are at then so be it.

And women can get the same pay as men in football when they fill 50,000 stadiums and have huge million dollar tv deals.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,547 posts | 3474 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1330: Feb 01, 2023 06:38:18 pm
      Remember when the ladies trained with the men and it was all pretty gentle except for one male liverpool player who didn't hold back. Don't have to be a genius to guess who it was
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1331: Feb 01, 2023 07:02:37 pm
      I have no interest in the women game.

The only womens sport I like is tennis.

I don’t know why they have to attach themselves to the mens team. Can’t Liverpool have a ladies team and just be their own club? They might have a small stadium or ground share with a non league club but if that’s where they are at then so be it.

And women can get the same pay as men in football when they fill 50,000 stadiums and have huge million dollar tv deals.

Wow Bob you will have all the snowflakes on to you
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1332: Feb 01, 2023 07:10:19 pm
      Wow Bob you will have all the snowflakes on to you

Bring it on.

The average attendance for Liverpool ladies is 4,500 or so. The average price of a ticket £10.
      Those kind of levels are what you would find in the 6th tier of mens football.

That’s where they are at.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #1333: Feb 01, 2023 07:24:35 pm
      Bring it on.

The average attendance for Liverpool ladies is 4,500 or so. The average price of a ticket £10.
      Those kind of levels are what you would find in the 6th tier of mens football.

That’s where they are at.

Send a few scouse judies round to kick F**k out of you!!

Bet you won't be saying bring it on then :laugh:

Quick Reply