Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 102988 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #1472: Feb 04, 2023 09:32:12 pm
      stop being an annoying c**t and obtuse if you dont understand basic finance  get you bead counters out what a pair of pricks you and your mate are. Jeez thank God I never employed some one with a single brain cell like you with zero imagination.

:lmao:

If you can explain to me how if and when they sell for £4B and then the clubs account will be £4B less I'm all ears.

I'll excuse you called me a c**t as well as I'm used to your narky attitude by now.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3445 
      Reply #1473: Feb 04, 2023 09:33:07 pm
      stop being an annoying c**t and obtuse if you dont understand basic finance  get you bead counters out what a pair of pricks you and your mate are. Jeez thank God I never employed some one with a single brain cell like you with zero imagination.

When you keep claiming that they will take money out of the club when they sell the club shows that you have a complete lack of any basic finance understanding
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #1474: Feb 04, 2023 09:34:18 pm
      Bottom line is, FSG have actually done well for the club, and it’s in a much healthier position than it was when they took over.
      Their failure is perhaps not having the money readily available for the big buys when they were needed.
      They stumped up for Ali and VVD, among others, so maybe it’s just the timing of when funds are available.
      It is it Jürgen, has a target player, and won’t settle for anything less, so has to wait for the player to become available.
      We all speculate, but none of us really has access to the inside knowledge do we.

We don't have inside knowledge but what we do have is full knowledge and oversight of performances on the pitch and regardless of what we don't see those performances are all that matter.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,049 posts | 2725 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1475: Feb 04, 2023 09:40:17 pm
      Jesus H Christ.

How many times does it need to be explained??

If and when they sell they won't be taking any money 'out of the club'

They will get any money the value is agreed on and the club will still be worth what it's worth. No money leaves the clubs account.

I could explain that to a 10 year old and they'd get it sooner than you will

True what you say Si but in poker terms we call it hit and run. 🏃‍♂️
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1476: Feb 04, 2023 09:45:07 pm
      True what you say Si but in poker terms we call it hit and run. 🏃‍♂️

It's nothing to do with poker mate.

Walt has said on here numerous times they will be 'taking £4b out of the club' which is nonsense.

He either believes that and is wrong or he is peddling a line to try and make it look that way which is also wrong.

Yes they will earn whatever anyone is willing to pay them for the club but that moment isn't taken out of the club as anyone with a basic grasp of economics will understand.

And if anyone is spending that money in this club they sure as hell will he looking to protect that investment and earn on it so will have the money to back that up.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,049 posts | 2725 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1477: Feb 04, 2023 09:54:52 pm
      It's nothing to do with poker mate.

Obviously technically nothing to do with poker but I understand Walt’s thinking.

For us who play poker it’s like a player spitting at the table with £200 and within a hour or two wins £1200 then fcuks off when normally there sat at the table all nite.

I’ll get back on topic now..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1478: Feb 04, 2023 09:58:23 pm
      Obviously technically nothing to do with poker but I understand Walt’s thinking.

For us who play poker it’s like a player spitting at the table with £200 and within a hour or two wins £1200 then fcuks off when normally there sat at the table all nite.

I’ll get back on topic now..

It's not what Walt is on about at all.

He genuinely thinks FSG will take £4b from the club when they sell. He's said as much numerous times on here.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #1479: Feb 04, 2023 10:10:18 pm
      :lmao:

If you can explain to me how if and when they sell for £4B and then the clubs account will be £4B less I'm all ears.

I'll excuse you called me a c**t as well as I'm used to your narky attitude by now.

Was a pr**k actually  :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1480: Feb 04, 2023 10:11:44 pm

You've lost me mate
      rossyred

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #1481: Feb 04, 2023 10:24:45 pm

No your right it was a c**t and a pr**k actually
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1482: Feb 04, 2023 10:30:05 pm
      No your right it was a c**t and a pr**k actually

Nope.

Still lost.
      rossyred

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #1483: Feb 04, 2023 10:31:57 pm

Just having the crack pal. I thought he called you a pr**k not a c**t but when I looked back it was actually both 😀
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1484: Feb 04, 2023 10:32:29 pm
      Just having the crack pal. I thought he called you a pr**k not a c**t but when I looked back it was actually both 😀

Ah right  ;D

Probably more as well :lmao:
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,884 posts | 421 
      Reply #1485: Feb 04, 2023 10:42:20 pm
      Club must be losing some value in the market with no CL next season and players market price depreciating by the week.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #1486: Feb 04, 2023 10:55:21 pm
      Never used to be too fussed about FSG as owners but I’m at a point where I think it’s time they go. If for no other reason than we can all stop arguing about whether they are really holding us back and we will know once and for all. I don’t think they really care about the club outside of being an asset. They tried (vaguely) to make a connection but it always came across as contrived.

I’m not “FSG OUT”, more-so “FSG, kindly see yourselves to the door, thank you and good luck.”
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #1487: Feb 05, 2023 05:11:23 am

I suppose that's the price of 30 years of hurt!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #1488: Feb 05, 2023 05:15:22 am

When has basic finance ever applied to the football world?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,398 posts | 2825 
      Reply #1489: Feb 05, 2023 08:18:24 am
      I expect results will be creating a lot of internal pressure at the club to resolve the ownership question. I think it's also difficult to have a settled backroom until we know the long term direction of the club -- who is employing who, what their vision is, how they want to work. It seems there is a lot of upheaval going on in the background.

It’s very messy now.

They’ve made noises about an exit strategy, Gordon has stepped back from things but whilst all that is going on everything is falling apart.

They don’t have the card that most owners would play in this situation which would be to sack the manager and buy some time because the supporters would turn on the owners far quicker than they’d ever turn on Klopp.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1490: Feb 05, 2023 08:20:25 am
      If for no other reason than we can all stop arguing about whether they are really holding us back and we will know once and for all.

Is there a really an argument about that?  Think people can see with their own eyes what's happening on the pitch. Keita/Thiago/Bajcetic are our midfield starters, ones a kid, one most people wanted out of the club before start of the season.  We're a mess.
      The lack of sufficient investment over many windows, Jurgens comments about not being backed, the net spend etc etc - their model ran it's course some time back.
      Even the people defending them won't actually come out and say they want them to stay.  Just arguing a point.

Listen to Jürgen. Look at the team and the performances. What more convincing do people need.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #1491: Feb 05, 2023 09:43:11 am
      So Red Bird are looking to increase their share in Liverpool ? We ain't getting rid of these FSG parasites at all.. Just pray someone overpays for Salah to fund our budget or else we are fu**ed.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3445 
      Reply #1492: Feb 05, 2023 09:56:07 am
      So Red Bird are looking to increase their share in Liverpool ? We ain't getting rid of these FSG parasites at all.. Just pray someone overpays for Salah to fund our budget or else we are fu**ed.

What’s wrong with Redbird increasing their shares 🤷‍♂️
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1493: Feb 05, 2023 10:03:03 am
      Is there a really an argument about that?  Think people can see with their own eyes what's happening on the pitch. Keita/Thiago/Bajcetic are our midfield starters, ones a kid, one most people wanted out of the club before start of the season.  We're a mess.
      The lack of sufficient investment over many windows, Jurgens comments about not being backed, the net spend etc etc - their model ran it's course some time back.
      Even the people defending them won't actually come out and say they want them to stay.  Just arguing a point.

Listen to Jürgen. Look at the team and the performances. What more convincing do people need.

We actually were extremely lucky to get the money from the sale of Coutinho to fund VVD and Allison. No way we would have signed them otherwise. They would both be at different clubs right now. So a lot of our success under FSG came down to financial luck.

One midfield signing in three seasons for a club of our size is criminal.

FSG have bled this club for all they can. We need owners with spending power who don't have a zero nett spend policy which is unsustainable in today's game.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #1494: Feb 05, 2023 10:07:58 am
      What’s wrong with Redbird increasing their shares 🤷‍♂️

Look at a team called AC Milan.

Red bird are not spending money on AC milan and are under investigation for embezzlment on the purchase. Why would they give 1b in transfer funds to another team?

Quick Reply