Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 103609 times
      Prime
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts | 12 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #920: Jan 01, 2023 02:28:59 pm
      If a a new NBA franchise is worth 4B then we have to be worth well north of that…..
      I’ve been seeing $2.5b to $3b price tag for a new NBA franchise.

The Forbes list of the 50 most valuable sports teams has Liverpool at #22, worth $4.45 billion. That puts Liverpool as the 4th most valuable football club, only behind Real Madrid (#13, $5.1b), Barcelona (#15, $5b), and Manchester United (#19, $4.6b).

There are 3 NBA franchises more valuable than Liverpool. The Los Angeles Lakers (#10, $5.5b), Golden State Warriors (#8, $5.6b), and New York Knicks (#6, $5.8b).
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #921: Jan 01, 2023 09:07:02 pm
      I’ve been seeing $2.5b to $3b price tag for a new NBA franchise.

The Forbes list of the 50 most valuable sports teams has Liverpool at #22, worth $4.45 billion. That puts Liverpool as the 4th most valuable football club, only behind Real Madrid (#13, $5.1b), Barcelona (#15, $5b), and Manchester United (#19, $4.6b).

There are 3 NBA franchises more valuable than Liverpool. The Los Angeles Lakers (#10, $5.5b), Golden State Warriors (#8, $5.6b), and New York Knicks (#6, $5.8b).
      Phoenix Suns are being sold for $4 billion
      Estimated value prior to offer was $2.7 billion
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #922: Jan 01, 2023 11:00:14 pm
      Phoenix Suns are being sold for $4 billion
      Estimated value prior to offer was $2.7 billion

Wow, so if our recent valuation was £3-£4 billion, we could expect to get £5-£6 billion 😂😂

There’s a few transfer feee in there I expect 😂😂
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 769 posts | 130 
      Reply #923: Jan 02, 2023 11:35:43 am

Wow, so if our recent valuation was £3-£4 billion, we could expect to get £5-£6 billion 😂😂

There’s a few transfer feee in there I expect 😂😂
      What's a few billion amongst friends, ;D...
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,722 posts | 153 
      Reply #924: Jan 02, 2023 11:41:06 am
      Feels like the talks and rumours of the club being sold have dried up, it almost feels like the FSG are here to stay for at least 2/3 years
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #925: Jan 02, 2023 11:58:24 am
      Feels like the talks and rumours of the club being sold have dried up, it almost feels like the FSG are here to stay for at least 2/3 years

Or it’s a process that can take a significant amount of time
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 769 posts | 130 
      Reply #926: Jan 02, 2023 03:38:21 pm

Or it’s a process that can take a significant amount of time
      Yes, it's absolutely imperative that the club gets the sale/investment bang on the money this time.
      It has been so frustrating having the world's best manager all these years being hamstrung by a penny pinching board all these seasons.
      Look what he achieved with the Couts money when the purse strings were opened that time.
      He can be trusted with signings whatever the value....
      If it takes 6 months or a year to get the right people/company on board, so be it...
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 302 
      Reply #927: Jan 02, 2023 04:13:43 pm

The club are very good at buying players without any leaks, the recent Gakpo deal just the most recent example.
      I think that a sale or new investment will be similar, it will suddenly be announced as a done deal without any significant rumours in advance.

I'm happy to wait and stick with the current owners. they may not want to invest a lot of money in the team but they have to make sure we stay in the top 4 to protect the value of their asset. Dropping out of Champions league, even for 1 season could significantly reduce the price a buyer will pay. £100m for Bellingham might appear to be a relatively small investment if they could lose £500m finishing out of top 4.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #928: Jan 10, 2023 05:02:38 pm
      Nothing new, just a thought.

Watching City play Chelsea on the Cup the other day, it came to me sadly, that if we are going to compete with the likes of them, we need to play dirty financially, and I guess that means oil money, and clever underhand sponsorship deals.

Sad, but I can't see us competing consistently,  especially with Newcastle now having an open cheque book.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #929: Jan 10, 2023 05:16:43 pm

Watching City play Chelsea on the Cup the other day, it came to me sadly, that if we are going to compete with the likes of them, we need to play dirty financially, and I guess that means oil money, and clever underhand sponsorship deals.

Sad, but I can't see us competing consistently,  especially with Newcastle now having an open cheque book.

When you see PSG, City and Newcastle spending money like it's nothing and there being no consequences...
      Open Cheque / Shell Company Sponsors.
      How do you compete with that.

At fan level you just lose interest in the sport tbh.
      And I don't mean football in general.
      I mean Elite Level. Champions League. Premier League.
      Money is King. I know it always has been.
      Levels now are just grotesque.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,121 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #930: Jan 10, 2023 06:24:02 pm

Spot on and no other way round it for me.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #931: Jan 10, 2023 06:25:43 pm
      When you see PSG, City and Newcastle spending money like it's nothing and there being no consequences...
      Open Cheque / Shell Company Sponsors.
      How do you compete with that.

At fan level you just lose interest in the sport tbh.
      And I don't mean football in general.
      I mean Elite Level. Champions League. Premier League.
      Money is King. I know it always has been.
      Levels now are just grotesque.

If we as a club follow the same path as others like City then people will walk away from the sport
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #932: Jan 10, 2023 07:43:19 pm
      If we as a club follow the same path as others like City then people will walk away from the sport

Sadly not.

The same was said when the likes of Roman took over Chelsea.

If we were bought by Arabs, I'd want us to go after the very best then realise Shankly's ultimate dream of conquering the bloody world.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,350 posts | 285 
      Reply #933: Jan 10, 2023 07:51:02 pm
      It's already too late, we either go with it or watch Marine or Prescot Cables etc...Utd then Chelsea started it but City have completely ruined it, still kills me twice mid 90 pts and finished 2nd in an uneven playing field, in a fair fight Klopp would've had 3 PLs by now.
      I wish you could still pay on the gate or queue for a ticket before a match instead of this PL corporate bullshit...it's a business not a sport now.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #934: Jan 11, 2023 12:14:29 am

Get involved with Grassroot level clubs if you can.
      Football at the top is done.
      The likes of Liverpool and United will end up with investment one way or the other.
      The Commercial Charts are on Twitter today.
      A laughing stock. City at the top. Commercial Revenue unquestioned by those in charge.
      Like those at the top in the FIA, UEFA only care about money.

https://twitter.com/Football_BM/status/1612727101378945025?s=20&t=w2-4OXGgMmvlTR7pJlkQow

https://twitter.com/DevlinLFC/status/1589900330275217408?s=20&t=_SEUmBPsi0VCz486OalawQ
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2023 12:19:30 am by racerx34 »
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,592 posts | 1100 
      Reply #935: Jan 14, 2023 04:37:15 pm
      Hurry up. Sell up and f*ck off you parasites.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,121 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #936: Jan 14, 2023 05:15:33 pm
      [quote author =Don77 link=topic=53276.msg2523867#msg2523867 date=1673714235]
      Hurry up. Sell up and f*ck off you parasites.
      [/quote]

Not sure PJ will agree with you though.  ;D
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #937: Jan 14, 2023 05:30:51 pm
      Not sure PJ will agree with you though.  ;D

It’s Saturday night and you’re a Manc spending it at a Liverpool forum. Think about that for a moment.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,121 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #938: Jan 14, 2023 05:41:40 pm
      It’s Saturday night and you’re a Manc spending it at a Liverpool forum. Think about that for a moment.

No different from any other nite pal, win or lose I'm always on. I very rarely post on match threads win or lose unless its United playing and i have banter with the lads. Problem with you lad is your one of the ones that can give it but not take it, i know a few yanks like that.  :P
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,264 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #939: Jan 14, 2023 05:43:38 pm

To be fair to Keith he has taken a lot of stick on here the last few years
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #940: Jan 14, 2023 05:47:57 pm

And has stated reasons why he prefers chatting to us. Baffles me, but at same time I do sort of get it. Plus he'll always back any charitable things on here, so makes him a good egg in my book.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,722 posts | 153 
      Reply #941: Jan 14, 2023 06:35:00 pm
      I'm not against oil money anymore. If your rivals are cheating then we should join them or become irrelevant, its basically survival instincts.  Chelsea are allowed to spend unlimited funds without any issues so why F***ing play fair ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,121 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #942: Jan 14, 2023 06:44:05 pm

And has stated reasons why he prefers chatting to us. Baffles me, but at same time I do sort of get it. Plus he'll always back any charitable things on here, so makes him a good egg in my book.

I’m filling up here lads behave  :lmao:

Ps. Thanks  :oranje:

Quick Reply