Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

FORMULA 1 2023

Read 20656 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Re: FORMULA 1 2023
      Reply #161: Aug 29, 2023 06:15:06 pm
      You think he’s got what it takes in the right car to be WC?

Not for me.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,167 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #162: Aug 29, 2023 06:48:32 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,088 posts | 2116 
      Reply #163: Sep 08, 2023 10:51:42 pm
      Helmut Marko in another dog whistle racism scandal. Shock horror!

Sweaty old c**t - can't stand him. His behaviour during the 2021 season and the dog whistle racism / slander that he goaded along with Jos Verstappen towards Hamilton was F***ing disgusting.

A reprehensible character and a sh*t stain on F1.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,167 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #164: Sep 09, 2023 07:17:45 am
      Helmut Marko in another dog whistle racism scandal. Shock horror!

Sweaty old c**t - can't stand him. His behaviour during the 2021 season and the dog whistle racism / slander that he goaded along with Jos Verstappen towards Hamilton was F***ing disgusting.

A reprehensible character and a sh*t stain on F1.

Will Red Bull do the right thing?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #165: Sep 16, 2023 06:16:47 pm
      have the FIA clipped RedBulls wings. It appears the slimy toad Horner has been pushing beyond the limits of therules over wings and judging by the qualifying today they are now well off the pace with Max down in 11th place what a come down or comeuppence
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,632 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #166: Sep 17, 2023 08:51:05 pm
      have the FIA clipped RedBulls wings. It appears the slimy toad Horner has been pushing beyond the limits of therules over wings and judging by the qualifying today they are now well off the pace with Max down in 11th place what a come down or comeuppence

RB are very close on the ride height limits. This circuits means they have to run at a higher ride height, pushing them into a zone the other teams already operate in but RB don’t.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #167: Sep 23, 2023 12:54:57 pm
      Back to normal then, boring!
      Last weeks race as a real joy to watch.
      I wonder if the FIA will do something to break the dominance of a single team, like they have in the past...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,167 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #168: Sep 23, 2023 02:34:30 pm

I wonder if the FIA will do something to break the dominance of a single team, like they have in the past...

They did with the Mercs, will they do it with RB?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #169: Sep 23, 2023 03:20:05 pm
      They did with the Mercs, will they do it with RB?

I'd be surprised if they even attempted to break the RB strangle hold, after all, they did F.all when MV got his 1st championship when the rules were clear not followed, when they did F.all when MV parked in the pit lane last week, and when he impeded another drivers fast lap in qualifying.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,167 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #170: Sep 23, 2023 04:09:27 pm
      I'd be surprised if they even attempted to break the RB strangle hold, after all, they did F.all when MV got his 1st championship when the rules were clear not followed, when they did F.all when MV parked in the pit lane last week, and when he impeded another drivers fast lap in qualifying.

The pattern continues then. 🤢
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,088 posts | 2116 
      Reply #171: Sep 24, 2023 06:49:33 pm
      I wish I could praise Red Bull in the way I held up Ferrari and Mercedes in years gone by as quality standard bearers, fully deserving of their success. But I just can't given that they are in all probability a load of right wing / racist cu*ts. They seem to be characters imported from 1930s /40s Europe. Horner the English aristocratic Nazi sympathising appeaser. Helmut Marko as the bureaucratic Gestapo stooge. As for Verstappen? Why, he'd be a perfect fit as an aspiring member of the Hitler Youth. Certified Reich Youth Leader.

But congrats to them either way.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,167 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #172: Sep 24, 2023 07:53:56 pm
      I wish I could praise Red Bull in the way I held up Ferrari and Mercedes in years gone by as quality standard bearers, fully deserving of their success. But I just can't given that they are in all probability a load of right wing / racist cu*ts. They seem to be characters imported from 1930s /40s Europe. Horner the English aristocratic Nazi sympathising appeaser. Helmut Marko as the bureaucratic Gestapo stooge. As for Verstappen? Why, he'd be a perfect fit as an aspiring member of the Hitler Youth. Certified Reich Youth Leader.

But congrats to them either way.

Apart from your last sentence I concur. 😂
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,088 posts | 2116 
      Reply #173: Sep 24, 2023 08:41:04 pm
      Apart from your last sentence I concur. 😂

It's a shame because I do recognise him as an  incredible taleny - ai love watching him race and (for good or bad) his style on track reminds me of Schumacher. Unlike Schumacher though, he can be utterly unprofessional in temperament and attitude off the track.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,167 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #174: Sep 24, 2023 10:57:06 pm
      It's a shame because I do recognise him as an  incredible taleny - ai love watching him race and (for good or bad) his style on track reminds me of Schumacher. Unlike Schumacher though, he can be utterly unprofessional in temperament and attitude off the track.

I’m the same Frankly but the sad truth he wouldn’t give a fcuk about us such is his arrogance. Fcuk him, no plaudits from me even though I can’t argue with your thoughts.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,878 posts | 704 
      Reply #175: Sep 26, 2023 10:17:58 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      Will Red Bull do the right thing?

What thing? He's not a Red Bull employee. All he did was admit the bleeding obvious, that Perez is crap, even if he phrased it wrong.

Everyone knows Perez is crap, one of the worst No. 2 drivers in a so called dominant car, in history. 180 points behind his teammate, with 6 races still remaining. Laughing stock.

Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly

Was his public behaviour and accusation made against Coulthard at Spa, professional temperament?
      Was his declaration that he got "provisional pole position" after Friday practice at Suzuka, while fighting a losing battle that year, professional temperament?
      Was his deliberate attempt to ram raid Villeneuve off the year before and subsequent disqualification from the championship, professional temperament?

The world's best racers have always had a win at all costs ruthlessness. So has Verstappen. It's not arrogance, it's total belief in their ability to win. They're not time wasters like Stroll who has no competition for his seat, and even in a car that breaches a budget cap, makes no impact whatsoever.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,088 posts | 2116 
      Reply #176: Sep 26, 2023 10:23:01 pm
      What thing? He's not a Red Bull employee. All he did was admit the bleeding obvious, that Perez is crap, even if he phrased it wrong.

Everyone knows Perez is crap, one of the worst No. 2 drivers in a so called dominant car, in history. 180 points behind his teammate, with 6 races still remaining. Laughing stock.

Was his public behaviour and accusation made against Coulthard at Spa, professional temperament?
      Was his declaration that he got "provisional pole position" after Friday practice at Suzuka, while fighting a losing battle that year, professional temperament?
      Was his deliberate attempt to ram raid Villeneuve off the year before and subsequent disqualification from the championship, professional temperament?

The world's best racers have always had a win at all costs ruthlessness. So has Verstappen. It's not arrogance, it's total belief in their ability to win. They're not time wasters like Stroll who has no competition for his seat, and even in a car that breaches a budget cap, makes no impact whatsoever.

Another yawnsome Microsoft Word edit.

Maybe read our posts a bit closer instead of making a fool of yourself...again. At least this time you didn't belittle the death of a construction worker like last time.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,878 posts | 704 
      Reply #177: Sep 26, 2023 10:28:50 pm
      And if you followed your own advice, you would have known it never happened.

Your decision to focus on things I never said rather than answer what was said, will be taken as acceptance that regarding professionalism and temperament, basically all world champions are the same.
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2023 01:56:00 pm by lfc across the water »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,167 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #178: Sep 26, 2023 10:39:53 pm
      Another yawnsome Microsoft Word edit.

Maybe read our posts a bit closer instead of making a fool of yourself...again. At least this time you didn't belittle the death of a construction worker like last time.

Bit surprised you fell for his weekly drivel mate.   ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,167 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #179: Oct 06, 2023 07:25:22 pm
      Lando been given open invitation to join Red Bull. 🤢

I’ll be gutted if this happens but who could blame him?  Much as most of us hate Red Bull I think I’d still follow him if only to beat that tw@t.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,167 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #180: Oct 10, 2023 05:02:05 pm

I’ll be gutted if this happens but who could blame him?  Much as most of us hate Red Bull I think I’d still follow him if only to beat that tw@t.

Any thoughts on this F1 fans?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,632 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #181: Oct 10, 2023 05:12:51 pm

While I don't doubt his calibre as a driver, the only reason he'd leave "his" team is if he feels Piastri is getting the upper hand.
      If he left on that basis it would be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

He'd obviously back himself to perform in the Red Bull and it's abundantly clear now that they want him in the second car.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,088 posts | 2116 
      Reply #182: Oct 10, 2023 05:34:58 pm

Would be a silly move. I think McLaren are set ripe with Oscar and Lando. It will quickly become the ultimate driver pairing in the sport. With both drivers only getting better I genuinely feel there is a route back to the top for McLaren. With the experience of Stella leading the team and some great minds in their technical department I feel McLaren are for the first time pointing in the right direction on a driver front and technical one. Long term, there's nothing to suggest that moving away from McLaren is a good idea. And besides - it's his team as well.

Their design philosophy is starting to reap rewards as well with that monumental upsurge in performance and form. James Key paid for failing to get the car ready in time but I'm sure he can be proud that the ideas he was a part of are bearing fruit.

I don't know what would possess Norris to go to RB. He's arguably the one driver who can take Verstapoen in but I feel Lando going there would be a gullible move on his part and a successful mission by Max and Red Bull in neutralising his biggest rival. If I was Red Bull I'd also question why I'd bother with Lando. I'm a big fan of designated number 1 with support from a good but not too good number 2. I think Red Bull have that (though on recent form could do better than Perez). I'd want a good second driver and that's all. Keeping Max happy as lead driver would be imperative and if I was Horner I wouldn't do anything that could disrupt / make your number 1 slightly more uncomfortable.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,088 posts | 2116 
      Reply #183: Oct 11, 2023 01:07:48 pm
      The heat related issues that drivers suffered on Sunday was quite severe and seems a bit of an oversight by F1 and the FIA particularly once the directive came from the FIA that tyres were only permitted to run for 18 laps max. Really showed just how extreme the sport can be.

Reminds you of the era in the late 90s / 00s of the drivers going pedal to the metal doing 70 odd laps at rapid speed - smaller fuel tanks, tyres that didn't need to be conserved. Extreme times. I remember Alonso not making the Malaysian GP podium one year because of dehydration.

Quick Reply