Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18045 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Jan 14, 2023 04:56:49 pm
      Local U16 lads at CB are better than Gomez - how was he offered a new contract 🤷‍♂️

Tell me how Curtis Jones got a new contract. Pathetic. Wouldn't get near any decent team.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #461: Jan 14, 2023 04:57:11 pm
      Klopp’s days looking numbered now.

Again I'll ask and not having a go - who do we replace him with?

I can remember the end of days under Kenny, Souness, Evans, Houllier, Rafa, Hodgson, Kenny (again) and Rodgers.

This doesn't even feel close to that.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,689 posts | 3363 
      Reply #462: Jan 14, 2023 04:57:31 pm
      Tell me how Curtis Jones got a new contract. Pathetic. Wouldn't get near any decent team.

Jones didn’t even play yet is getting slated - ffs
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #463: Jan 14, 2023 04:57:32 pm
      Some funny policies going on though. More wingers than midfielders

Agreed. We badly needed a midfielder over Gapko, but the injuries to Diaz and Jota forced our hand on that one.

We simply can't strengthen our squad sufficiently under the current owners we need more spending power.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #464: Jan 14, 2023 04:57:50 pm
      Maybe Jürgen making a point to the owners 😉

You don’t make a point with results. The damage is just too much.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #465: Jan 14, 2023 04:57:53 pm
      Come on mate I think he has enough credit in the bank to be given the chance to right things next season.

It's FSG's days that are numbered hopefully.
      He absolutely does have credit in the bank but it’s bewildering to the see the lengths people will go to trying to absolve Klopp of any blame.  You can’t lose 3-0 to Brighton and not ask questions of the manager.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1462 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Live: Brighton V Liverpool
      Reply #466: Jan 14, 2023 04:58:09 pm
      The issue is not just down to the midfield ffs

We have had more missed big chances than any other team in the league -

Yeah, but points are gained on not conceding too, and without a midfield we are more open than a prostitutes legs... literally one pass is all it takes to put our defence under pressure.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,689 posts | 3363 
      Reply #467: Jan 14, 2023 04:58:25 pm

I can remember the end of days under Kenny, Souness, Evans, Houllier, Rafa, Hodgson, Kenny (again) and Rodgers.

It was only 2 years ago we lost 6 in 7 games

As i said maybe people can’t handle drops in form anymore
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #468: Jan 14, 2023 04:58:57 pm
      Nah. No pace, no trickery. Our recent signings have not been hits.

Ffs the lad has played two games for us in a malfunctioning team give him a chance will ya.
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #469: Jan 14, 2023 04:59:00 pm
      Klopp has to take some responsibility  as do the players. Subs far too late and desperate . Starting XI hands tied to a certain extent but persevering with the dross from last time inexcusable
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 203 
      Reply #470: Jan 14, 2023 04:59:10 pm
      Agreed. We badly needed a midfielder over Gapko, but the injuries to Diaz and Jota forced our hand on that one.

We simply can't strengthen our squad sufficiently under the current owners we need more spending power.

Once again, klopp himself didn’t want midfield players out of loyalty to his existent ones

He only went for when we got injuries meaning he was happy with how we were and now he got an attacker again instead of a cm, we need a new system and voice
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #471: Jan 14, 2023 04:59:22 pm
      We are second in the league for shots on goal, top for the number of times we have hit the woodwork, and top by some way for the number of big chances missed.

The problem is with our attacking players as much as it is with our midfield
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #472: Jan 14, 2023 04:59:40 pm
      I don't doubt it ... but that doesn't make it abuse - we're allowed to criticise

Agreed and I was on about Rafa when on about abuse.

But calling for the managers head right now is pathetic!
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #473: Jan 14, 2023 04:59:45 pm
      The only silver lining I can think of is that this performance made me realize that Nunez is actually much better than he gets credit for.  He may not be clinical, but the threat he carries and the chaos he causes is almost the only positive thing we have going forward. 

The whole midfield is shot, and a few in defense.  We are in need of a major overhaul, but no sellable assets to generate funds.  Over to you FSG....
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #474: Jan 14, 2023 04:59:46 pm

I don’t want Jürgen to be replaced. But, for the sake of this argument.. Tuchel?
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #475: Jan 14, 2023 05:00:00 pm

Oh hell there’s Stevie. Just get this into FSG’s ear and they might bite. It’s also a politically good move for them. Can’t deny that option.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,753 posts | 460 
      Reply #476: Jan 14, 2023 05:00:08 pm
      Let me ask this question, I don’t want Klopp to leave or be fired.

But, has he lost the dressing room, has he lost his fire get the best out of these players?

All managers have a shelf life.

Let’s hope things get better, hopefully today is rock bottom, and we move forward from here, hoping.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,772 posts | 390 
      Reply #477: Jan 14, 2023 05:00:34 pm
      Diaz ? Nunez ? Konate?

It was Gakpos first Prem game FFs

Yeah but I don't think he will find pace or trickery.

Jury well and truly out on Diaz Nunez and  Konate too.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #478: Jan 14, 2023 05:00:40 pm
      The problem is with our attacking players as much as it is with our midfield

Four injured attacking players might cause that to be fair!!
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #479: Jan 14, 2023 05:01:02 pm
      If money was all it took, Man Utd would have been dominating in the league for the past 5-6 seasons

good point. Sad to say, but it comes down to the manager.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #480: Jan 14, 2023 05:01:05 pm
      It was only 2 years ago we lost 6 in 7 games

As i said maybe people can’t handle drops in form anymore

This feels different.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #481: Jan 14, 2023 05:01:06 pm
      If you're klopp out I suggest you go F**k yourself. No doubt the lfc wheel of blame will spin around tonight. It's a collective thing, we will get better. If you can't hack it, just F**k off
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #482: Jan 14, 2023 05:01:28 pm
      Couldn't watch the match, but not really surprised looking at the starting XI.
      HOW can you start Ox and Gapko up top in a 443.
      No sign yet we're turning things around, top4 looking more doubtful with every game.

Quick Reply