Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      7 (19.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (2.8%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      4 (11.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (2.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (2.8%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      2 (5.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (2.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      7 (19.4%)
      Cody Gakpo
      6 (16.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (13.9%)
      James Milner
      1 (2.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: Apr 05, 2023 02:25:51 pm

Manchester City 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17131 times
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Re: Manchester City 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Apr 01, 2023 02:48:27 pm
      The team needs a season out of Europe to recoup, rebuild and regather itself. I would fancy that rather than having to go in the Europa League...or worse the conference league which is horrifyingly possible. Jürgen is by far the best man to take us and rebuild. But does he have the energy to reacquaint himself with a 2016 perspective though?

Idk if he is man. Look at the current new signings.

Gakpo, Nunez, Jota, Thiago (still classed as a new signing that's how F***ing sh*t our midfield recruitment has been), Elliot and Carvalho.

Konate is good but injury prone.
      Diaz is good.

But can we trust him, taking the first batch in to consideration, to pick the right players for a rebuild?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #484: Apr 01, 2023 02:49:36 pm
      The last thing that the owners will do is to sack the manager. They’re concerned only about the business. Bigger stands, more tickets. Doesn’t matter if we win or lose. We stupid fans will continue to fill Anfield. To them, each match is a live show. Match day revenue will continue to roll in whether we pick up the points or not. Increasing us fans per match day average spend is more important than the state of the team! Think about it.

Don’t worry for Jürgen’s job. They’re coming after our pockets!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #485: Apr 01, 2023 02:50:14 pm
      But it wasn't previously so someone needs to answer for this decline

Certainly not Klopp ( IMHO) like so many now saying. I’ll say again! he no longer has the tools in front of him. The teams a spent force for so many reasons..
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #486: Apr 01, 2023 02:50:22 pm
      Seriously f**k off - embarrassing to even suggest it’s time for Klopp to go just as any talk of him walking.

We aren’t Chelsea - we don’t get rid of the best manager out there based on a poor season.

First of all I made it clear in a previous post that I don't think Klopp should get sacked. I am questioning him, yes, but not enough for the sack. The guy asked who else is out there like there's no one of quality available so I answered. You wana wind it in pal
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #487: Apr 01, 2023 02:50:39 pm
      Stopped watching about 15 to go. Can't rem last time did that. But the players weren't arsed, so why should anyone else be.
      Anyone who travelled to watch that can be rightfully aggrieved.
      Nobody, and I mean nobody, is coming out of that looking good today.

Same. As soon as Grealish and I had to watch Ox walk back was the final straw .
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #488: Apr 01, 2023 02:51:43 pm
      Certainly not Klopp ( IMHO) like so many now saying. I’ll say again! he no longer has the tools in front of him. The teams a spent force for so many reasons..

I agree I'm looking more upstairs than Klopp
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #489: Apr 01, 2023 02:52:16 pm
      First thing Jürgen should do post match is call out the bunch of wasters on the pitch today.

They're not showing any fight for him anyway so F**k them.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #490: Apr 01, 2023 02:53:24 pm
      That 7-0 feels like it was in a different season.

Think the commentator said we have lost 14 times this year,

That’s just can’t happen off the back of last season.

Can’t believe how quickly we have turned to sh*t!

Demoralised, going to f**king bed.
      I spared myself the heartache and decided to turn the game off after they scored their second seconds after the 2nd half had started because one thing we know is that this team doesn't have the mental strength to deal with any form of setback (this season).

Its unbelievable how any away game is a guaranteed loss or draw at best. We could've been playing any other team away from home and the result, points wise, would've been just as predictable. You just get that extra slap in the face today because you're playing City.

Honestly, as sad as this is going to sound, I went into this game hoping we don't concede 5+ goals because I knew that, based on the sh*t we've been putting out all season, there was just no chance we were getting anything out of today's game.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #491: Apr 01, 2023 02:56:05 pm

We’re like expecting Jürgen to travel from Liverpool to London in an hour but he’s just got a Mr Bean type of car instead of a helicopter.

There’s a mismatch in expectations and the resources!
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #492: Apr 01, 2023 02:57:01 pm
      We’re like expecting Jürgen to travel from Liverpool to London in an hour but he’s just got a Mr Bean type of car instead of a helicopter.

There’s a mismatch in expectations and the resources!

So who answers for the Mr Bean car? Someone has to answer
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #493: Apr 01, 2023 02:58:12 pm
      I love klopp but what he is doing is the definition of insanity.

Playing the same tactics eveygame and hoping for a different result.

I'm not saying he should.move away from the 433 permanently but surely when things are this bad a change of system can't do any harm. At least use this season to experiment now we have nothing to play for.

If he can get the personnel in the summer to get back to the high pressure football we have been used to the great.

If he's not capable of fixing this then maybe he needs to be honest with himself and hand the reigns over to someone with fresh ideas. Everything comes to and end and the man is a legend I would hate to see him on a slippery slope and be forced out. If he is to go he should do so with dignity and his head held high.

I agree that the 4-3-3 isn't working as we don't have the muscle or skill to cope with a 3 man midfield. Elliott is out of his depth, Henderson is gone, Thiago has a lot of injuries and Fabinho has dropped off a cliff.

I'd like to see us go 4-2-3-1 for the rest of the Season to tighten up the midfield and defence. It's not that Klopp's system doesn't work, it's that we don't have the energy and skill to run that system.

As for Klopp, he has to stay. I don't wish to get into a fiery debate today as i am angry right now but it is clear to see that Klopp has been hung out to dry. The owners dirty tricks campaign with the media push around the January transfer window to mask their lack of activity disgusted me.

That's for another day though, Klopp is so much more than a manager. Without Champions league football then Klopp is a vital component when trying to attract the top players from around the world. Just look at the lack of investment in the Squad, it's there to see for those that want to see it.

Klopp is not the one to blame here. Something has to give.

Jimsouse67

• 9,547 posts | 1495 
      Reply #494: Apr 01, 2023 03:00:26 pm
      First thing Jürgen should do post match is call out the bunch of wasters on the pitch today.

They're not showing any fight for him anyway so f**k them.
      That fu**ed me off today more than anything
      And not for the first time this season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #495: Apr 01, 2023 03:01:03 pm
      To be fair the debate is worth having.

Anyone thinking the manager isn't culpable for this shower of sh*t in some way had their head in the sand.

Not saying he doesn’t play a part but if anyone thinks there’s a manager that would do better with this group and these owners they are sniffing glue.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #496: Apr 01, 2023 03:01:06 pm
      Imagine watching a Jürgen Klopp side with this little energy and desire.

None of us would have predicted we'd see that a few years back.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #497: Apr 01, 2023 03:03:09 pm
      Not saying he doesn’t play a part but if anyone thinks there’s a manager that would do better with this group and these owners they are sniffing glue.

I keep seeing you and other say this as if there literally no other managers who can work to a budget and coach high level footballers.

It's nonsense mate and you can keep peddling the line if you want but it's still nonsense.

And that's not me taking away from the ability of Jürgen. He's an elite level football manager but it's delusional to think no one else working into eh game wouldn't be able to come into this set up and make a difference.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #498: Apr 01, 2023 03:04:10 pm

They're not showing any fight for him anyway so f**k them.

So you take a bunch of players who you are saying are unresponsive and you then slag them off publicly and that’s going to magically make them respond positively?

Sorry mate, I don’t buy it. I’m no pro coach, but I’ve been coaching youth sports for a good while now I’ve never been able to get a responsive from someone using negative enforcement.

If the players aren’t responding then maybe they need to be sent packing. In which case slagging them off won’t do anyone any good anyway.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #499: Apr 01, 2023 03:04:12 pm
      It baffles me that we can from one extraordinary extreme last season to this. Has any team ever seen such a dramatic turnaround in fortunes?

It is straightforward enough to account for some of it with the creeping lack of investment in the squad, the midfield especially, but there are factors behind the scenes we can do little bit speculate about.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #500: Apr 01, 2023 03:04:18 pm
      So who answers for the Mr Bean car? Someone has to answer

It doesn’t matter commercially. Winning trophies is akin to a west end musicals winning awards like Tony. Shows continue to run. Tickets continue to roll in. When you have some trophies (awards), the owners will start thinking how to grow the brand commercially and expand the club’s reach to more customers.

Three points or zero points, they don’t matter. Anfield continues to sell out. Even more after Annie road is expanded. Who cares if the team is a helicopter or a Mr Bean car? The fans. But as long as fans continue with spending on match day, the owners are happy.

That’s why if the next home match is empty, no fans, the owners would be concerned.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #501: Apr 01, 2023 03:05:14 pm
      Klopp’s time is up? And who do you propose would be better in this exact setup? I won’t hold my breath for your groundbreaking answer.

I’ve stated my thoughts before. Honestly in my eyes I can’t believe so many fans see Klopp as unsackable, at some point he will leave and get this he will be replaced. Everyone acting like the clubs done when Klopp goes.
      Certain members don’t like me questioning Klopp. But apart from losing Mane this is the same team as last year minus a couple of editions. How can we go so bad?
      My personal opinion is teams know how to play against us. Our full back push so far forward that we get killed by counterattacks with long balls into them channels. We concede the same sort of goals all the time. Our defence get dissected with balls going into the fullback areas. This can’t be denied, and this is all down to our style of play. For me Klopp hasn’t attempted to change this, he is so set in his ways. That’s why I believe his time is up.
      When you say exact set up. Do you mean FSG way of running the club?
      If so I think we do need new owners as I believe FSG as took us as far as they can.
      However they will spend big money on the summer, so our recruitment has to be spot on.
      Judging by our signings over the last 2/3 signings I actually fall on the side of scepticism that we get it right.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #502: Apr 01, 2023 03:05:42 pm
      I keep seeing you and other say this as if there literally no other managers who can work to a budget and coach high level footballers.

It's nonsense mate and you can keep peddling the line if you want but it's still nonsense.

And that's not me taking away from the ability of Jürgen. He's an elite level football manager but it's delusional to think no one else working into eh game wouldn't be able to come into this set up and make a difference.

Who then? Tuchel? 😂 Nagellsman? 😂 Conte? Poch? 😂😂

Yea I’ll pass bud. I’ll be very surprised if you can name someone but I’m certainly listening.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #503: Apr 01, 2023 03:06:06 pm
      So you take a bunch of players who you are saying are unresponsive and you then slag them off publicly and that’s going to magically make them respond positively?

Sorry mate, I don’t buy it. I’m no pro coach, but I’ve been coaching youth sports for a good while now I’ve never been able to get a responsive from someone using negative enforcement.

If the players aren’t responding then maybe they need to be sent packing. In which case slagging them off won’t do anyone any good anyway.

I'm pissed off mate. I don't think I literally expect Jürgen to do it more of understand if he did.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #504: Apr 01, 2023 03:06:34 pm
      Who then? Tuchel? 😂 Nagellsman? 😂 Conte? Poch? 😂😂

Yea I’ll pass bud. I’ll be very surprised if you can name someone but I’m certainly listening.

All of the above.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #505: Apr 01, 2023 03:07:23 pm
      The team needs a season out of Europe to recoup, rebuild and regather itself. I would fancy that rather than having to go in the Europa League...or worse the conference league which is horrifyingly possible. Jürgen is by far the best man to take us and rebuild. But does he have the energy to reacquaint himself with a 2016 perspective though?

To carry on with a team incapable of keeping up with rivals would be far more draining to the manager, just as concerning is the prospect of the owners reluctance to back the manager financially, the cumulative effect we now contemplate!

Quick Reply