Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Alexis "Kevin" Mac Allister (Brighton)

Read 22384 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Alexis "Kevin" Mac Allister (Brighton)
      Reply #276: Jun 07, 2023 11:35:58 am
      There is mention of LFC scouts, agents and Jürgen Klopp to be credited for the signing; JWH and Co in Boston USA haven’t got a f**king clue!

;D. And why would you expect any different? Thank god they got football people making football decisions. Who would've thought! Crazy stuff.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,368 posts | 6400 
      Reply #277: Jun 07, 2023 11:36:57 am
      Personally don’t care what he cost if Klopp wants him but damn, 35m is basically robbery. We need to send Brighton a gift basket or something with our apologies. 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #278: Jun 07, 2023 11:38:42 am
      It's Fabrizio Romano so pinch of salt but rumours it's £35M.

If true along with Gakpo looks like we're back to very smart transfers once again.

Darwin was a little blip along the road :D

In hindsight the Darwin money could've been better spent elsewhere, although the same angry voices will say we don't spend any money on a season we sign a striker with one good season in his career for £85m.

In any case I hope with time Darwin will prove his worth, if not the fee that was paid at the time. Just think he looks a bit out of place at the moment as he doesn't have that deftness of touch we used to see with the likes of Firmino and Mané, and which we so clearly see in Gakpo.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #279: Jun 07, 2023 11:40:09 am
      What on earth is that Kevin in the thread title? :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #280: Jun 07, 2023 11:46:52 am

Come on Diego get with the program.

Think Xmas.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #281: Jun 07, 2023 11:46:55 am

Home alone reference. Genius whoever did it because I can’t stop thinking about calling him Kevin now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #282: Jun 07, 2023 11:47:25 am
      Home alone reference. Genius whoever did it because I can’t stop thinking about calling him Kevin now.

Yep. Said the other day it's my favourite but about this whole transfer  :D
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #283: Jun 07, 2023 11:48:44 am
      35m in todays market is an absolute steal. Will be very happy if the fee is around that.  I was worried a few weeks ago when fees of 70+ were being mentioned.

Surely there’s enough money in the pot to bring other midfielders in then.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #284: Jun 07, 2023 11:49:48 am

OOohhhh right. Haha I'd never have gotten it by myself :D
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #285: Jun 07, 2023 11:51:59 am
      Funnily enough his brother actually is called Kevin  :D

Seems to me a good fit for us. Not sure I agree with people saying he's not similar to Gini, to me he looks like a comparable player - industrious, good in tight spaces, versatile. He's not quick but he works hard and presses well.

This is from The Athletics piece this morning:

"Comparing — with Opta’s data — the Argentine to Wijnaldum’s 2019-20 season, the two are similar in their volume of carries per 90 (12.2 to 12) and dribbles attempted (2.1 to 2.3), with Mac Allister having a better success rate (65.7 per cent to 53.2 per cent). He also competed in more duels per 90 (10.7 to 9.1) with greater success (57.3 per cent to 47.2 per cent)"

I think he also is a great fit in the 3-box-3 formation as one of the higher 10's. According to his dad that's his favourite position :

" Mac Allister’s father Carlos had already told De Zerbi that his son preferred operating in the role he plays for Argentina: further up the pitch on the left as a No 10. It’s a role that Liverpool would want him to play in their box formation."

Good start to the summer business, now if we can get another midfielder to compete with or replace Fab that would be ideal.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #286: Jun 07, 2023 11:55:33 am
      Funnily enough his brother actually is called Kevin  :D

Seems to me a good fit for us. Not sure I agree with people saying he's not similar to Gini, to me he looks like a comparable player - industrious, good in tight spaces, versatile. He's not quick but he works hard and presses well.

This is from The Athletics piece this morning:

"Comparing — with Opta’s data — the Argentine to Wijnaldum’s 2019-20 season, the two are similar in their volume of carries per 90 (12.2 to 12) and dribbles attempted (2.1 to 2.3), with Mac Allister having a better success rate (65.7 per cent to 53.2 per cent). He also competed in more duels per 90 (10.7 to 9.1) with greater success (57.3 per cent to 47.2 per cent)"

I think he also is a great fit in the 3-box-3 formation as one of the higher 10's. According to his dad that's his favourite position :

" Mac Allister’s father Carlos had already told De Zerbi that his son preferred operating in the role he plays for Argentina: further up the pitch on the left as a No 10. It’s a role that Liverpool would want him to play in their box formation."

Good start to the summer business, now if we can get another midfielder to compete with or replace Fab that would be ideal.

Agreed he does remind me of Gini somewhat.

And his versatility is definitely a plus as well. This past season he's played in that attacking midfielder role, but also as a CM and even as a DM in a douple pivot with Caicedo.

The way De Zerbi sets his team to build from the back through the middle of the pitch, and the way the likes of Caicedo and Mac Allister are so adept at receiving the ball on the turn and quickly find a pass, that's something I think we've definitely been missing of late.

And Alexis seems like a good lad as well. Looking forward to seeing him in a Liverpool shirt
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #287: Jun 07, 2023 12:20:31 pm
      Superb signing and for £35mil

I’m sure that will be a negative for some and how the hell is the owners being dragged into it
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #288: Jun 07, 2023 12:28:48 pm
      Superb signing and for £35mil

I’m sure that will be a negative for some and how the hell is the owners being dragged into it

How are they?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,368 posts | 6400 
      Reply #289: Jun 07, 2023 12:34:45 pm

Indeed!

Who F***ing cares??

You can’t stop people having opinions. I haven’t seen anyone mention the owners (negatively or otherwise)  till this post. It’s almost like you want people to crack on them so you can have a go back.

Just be happy we are getting some good business done and don’t look to start conflict.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,121 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #290: Jun 07, 2023 12:41:56 pm
      35 million? Fcuk me that’s cheap if true? Surly add ons?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #291: Jun 07, 2023 12:49:42 pm
      35 million? Fcuk me that’s cheap if true? Surly add ons?

Very good value for money if true. Worst case scenario is he flops…then we get that money back comfortably, if not more.

Whereas Nunez for example, it’s a big season for him this one. If he struggles then we won’t get anywhere near the fee we paid for him if we wanted to move him on.

Getting value for money has been something we’ve generally been pretty good at under Klopp and Macallister for 35m is risk free whichever way you look at it.

Good, early business from the club and it’s something FSG should be praised for. We criticise them when it’s justified, and praise them when it’s justified too.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,021 posts | 3955 
      Reply #292: Jun 07, 2023 01:00:19 pm
      ;D. And why would you expect any different? Thank god they got football people making football decisions. Who would've thought! Crazy stuff.

Response to a claim that the owners should receive some credit for the signing of the player.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #293: Jun 07, 2023 01:04:41 pm
      release clause seemingly.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #294: Jun 07, 2023 01:10:03 pm
      Response to a claim that the owners should receive some credit for the signing of the player.

Just now I'm trying to work out how angry you'd be if we had owners who didn't deliver every trophy possible, finally got the stadium review going, increased the value of the club to one of the highest in the world and hired Jürgen Klopp, some of the best recruitment and analysts around.

Imagine if we had owners who had done none of this stuff over the last decade.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #295: Jun 07, 2023 01:14:35 pm

Which they should. The same way you and I would criticise them if they didn’t.

It’s all about value for money and MacAllister for 35m is great business.

As somebody already said, Jude alone wouldn’t have solved all our problems. Now I’m much more confident other signings of note will follow.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,121 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #296: Jun 07, 2023 01:27:08 pm

It’s all about value for money and MacAllister for 35m is great business.

As somebody already said, Jude alone wouldn’t have solved all our problems. Now I’m much more confident other signings of note will follow.

Seems too good to be true and yes it’s a snip with damage limitations if  it doesn’t work out. I’ll wait till it’s official before saying well done you got great value. We know what media like not to take things for granted.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #297: Jun 07, 2023 01:33:47 pm
      Only 35M?!?!  We do have a knack for pursuing players whose cost seems lower than their current and potential future market valuation.  Good bit of business by the club!!  I hope he settles quickly!!

Welcome Kevin!!!  :)

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #298: Jun 07, 2023 01:37:09 pm
      Indeed!

Who f**king cares??

You can’t stop people having opinions. I haven’t seen anyone mention the owners (negatively or otherwise)  till this post. It’s almost like you want people to crack on them so you can have a go back.

Just be happy we are getting some good business done and don’t look to start conflict.

As well as being as irritating as thrush you also can’t read

Read the posts nobhead!
      There is mention of LFC scouts, agents and Jürgen Klopp to be credited for the signing; JWH and Co in Boston USA haven’t got a f**king clue!

The above is one instance in the past 24 hours

As for looking for conflict - look in the mirror. You are the one who steamed in

Quick Reply