Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Alexis "Kevin" Mac Allister (Brighton)

Read 22161 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3437 
      Re: Alexis "Kevin" Mac Allister (Brighton)
      Reply #115: May 28, 2023 07:44:54 pm
      https://twitter.com/joshlfc1909/status/1662887612099485697?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

Not sure where Caicedo will go but all but confirms MacAllister
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #116: May 28, 2023 09:21:22 pm
      I have a sneaky all our business will be done very quickly. Announcements ASAP after season finishes.

think we will be reviewing the cost of not having CL football next season but I hope you are right it makes sense.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #117: May 28, 2023 10:58:28 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #118: May 28, 2023 11:16:55 pm

Don't think he's linked with City mate.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #119: May 28, 2023 11:17:51 pm
      Imagine we sign MacAllister and Caicedo?

Midfield sorted.

But I think Caicedo will go to Arsenal.
      rossyred

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #120: May 28, 2023 11:51:25 pm
      Imagine we sign MacAllister and Caicedo?

Midfield sorted.

But I think Caicedo will go to Arsenal.

Had Rice down for Arsenal unless Mancs get him . Certainly be interesting
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #121: May 29, 2023 06:01:40 am
      Never been impressed with him and even more so recently when keeping a closer eye on him due to the links.

Seems a strange signing considering klopp has always based his midfield on energy and athleticism, not something macallister is particularly blessed with.

Klopp has turned many average players into world beaters and this could be another but got to say Iā€™m not excited with this at all.
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1092 
      Reply #122: May 29, 2023 08:18:06 am
      Just be another signing that doesn't fit. Like keita, carvalho, Elliott, Melo,  Thiago, Nunez etc etc. And don't get me started on nunes.

I've no confidence is what we will do this summer. No confidence that the players who are now past their best will be moved on while they still have value and replaced by quality players with it all in front of them. And I've no confidence klopp will be backed and the mistakes of the past both on and off the pitch will be learned from. Wtf is Mike Gordon doing? Stepped back and pushed it all onto Billy hogan while he went off looking to sell up or find investment ... is he still digging or sitting on a beach somewhere and getting laid.

I think I'm done for this season. I'll be back here the week of the first prem game and evaluate then. Time to enjoy the Summer.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,882 posts | 421 
      Reply #123: May 29, 2023 09:20:04 am
      Just be another signing that doesn't fit. Like keita, carvalho, Elliott, Melo,  Thiago, Nunez etc etc. And don't get me started on nunes.

I've no confidence is what we will do this summer. No confidence that the players who are now past their best will be moved on while they still have value and replaced by quality players with it all in front of them. And I've no confidence klopp will be backed and the mistakes of the past both on and off the pitch will be learned from. Wtf is Mike Gordon doing? Stepped back and pushed it all onto Billy hogan while he went off looking to sell up or find investment ... is he still digging or sitting on a beach somewhere and getting laid.

I think I'm done for this season. I'll be back here the week of the first prem game and evaluate then. Time to enjoy the Summer.

Sounds like Mike is living the dream. Our signings last season were a mix of a waste of money or totally inconsequential.

We can't have that this season. From what I've seen of this guy he can play, but so to can Harvey, Carvalho, Thiago, Curtis. What I'd like to see back in our midfield is the energy, legs, work rate that carried us to a title and a CL.

Whilst folk moaned that the trio of Fab, Hendo, Wijnaldum lacked creativity what it did do was allow the 2 full backs and the 3 front men to really go at teams by providing the frame work and stability behind them.

That was also why I preferred Milner to come in if any of those 3 were injured rather than a more creative player like Naby.

It's the lack of legs in this team that has become a problem. Hendo and Fab just can't do it any longer over a long period and my preference is to try and out run teams once again.

Bring back the heavy metal, but it has to have a proper spine behind it. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #124: May 29, 2023 09:24:02 am
      Never been impressed with him and even more so recently when keeping a closer eye on him due to the links.

Seems a strange signing considering klopp has always based his midfield on energy and athleticism, not something macallister is particularly blessed with.

Klopp has turned many average players into world beaters and this could be another but got to say Iā€™m not excited with this at all.

to be fair he is already a world beater but like you I am not seeing a player that could help make the improvements needed but I guess we will have to wait and see
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3437 
      Reply #125: May 29, 2023 12:25:24 pm

Staggering , not even signed on the dotted line and written off already

Crying like a kid when we donā€™t sign players , then dismiss any players that do sign
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #126: May 29, 2023 01:17:41 pm
      Good player but he will cost a fortune. If that's the case then why not add a bit more and go for Bellingham?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3437 
      Reply #127: May 30, 2023 06:40:43 pm
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #128: May 30, 2023 06:57:26 pm

I've read there's a fixed price in his contract. Maybe that's part of the attraction here. It's an easy one to get done quickly if the player wants to come. Wages will probably be about half of what we'd have to pay for someone like Bellingham also, so it's a safe sensible prudent signing from the money point of view. Perfect for the way the club operates.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #129: May 30, 2023 08:02:17 pm

Still thinks itā€™s quite a lot for him but these days you donā€™t really have a choice.  Allegedly city joined the race for his signature today.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3437 
      Reply #130: May 30, 2023 08:19:31 pm
      Still thinks itā€™s quite a lot for him but these days you donā€™t really have a choice.  Allegedly city joined the race for his signature today.

The City talk was dismissed ages ago

And his fee is supposed to be around Ā£50mil

Thatā€™s the going rate for an international centre mid who has proven himself in the Prem for a few seasons now
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #131: May 30, 2023 08:25:37 pm
      The City talk was dismissed ages ago

And his fee is supposed to be around Ā£50mil

Thatā€™s the going rate for an international centre mid who has proven himself in the Prem for a few seasons now

Just checked sky app again, said May 22nd when it was stated. Obviously could be a repeat though. I think 50 million about the right figure for him.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #132: May 31, 2023 01:04:38 pm
      Lots of chat online this deal is almost done.

I think he will do well for us.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #133: May 31, 2023 01:17:11 pm
      I remember it all went to sh*t directly after the 222m Neymar transfer. Starting at the January window of that season any 10m player automatically became a 30m one and so on. It's now normal to pay between 80m to 100m for an in form and promising striker. Promising midfielders go between 60m to 80m, but it can rise depending on circumstances. It's just all gone to sh*t.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #134: May 31, 2023 01:28:44 pm
      I've read there's a fixed price in his contract. Maybe that's part of the attraction here. It's an easy one to get done quickly if the player wants to come. Wages will probably be about half of what we'd have to pay for someone like Bellingham also, so it's a safe sensible prudent signing from the money point of view. Perfect for the way the club operates.

Just hope he makes a difference then. I donā€™t think heā€™s a big step up from what weā€™ve got. Few years younger than some so may have the legs, but heā€™s no speed merchant.
      Thought we might have aimed higher, but perhaps Iā€™m wrong 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø weā€™ll see. Hope I am 😊
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #135: May 31, 2023 02:01:01 pm
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,317 posts | 775 
      Reply #136: May 31, 2023 02:34:17 pm
      Just hope he makes a difference then. I donā€™t think heā€™s a big step up from what weā€™ve got. Few years younger than some so may have the legs, but heā€™s no speed merchant.
      Thought we might have aimed higher, but perhaps Iā€™m wrong 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø weā€™ll see. Hope I am 😊
      Totally agree on all points. We all hope he's the real deal and gets us firing on all cylinders. Undoubtedly his WC winners medal has driven up his profile and therefore his fee, he doesn't influence that....but it feels for this fee we're getting half a Bellingham for half the cost. Doesn't feel like a Get you off your seat signing...He'll need to be making a difference.....very quickly. Good Luck to him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #137: May 31, 2023 02:35:49 pm

I think the last person I'd be believing is Jose Enrique ;D

Quick Reply