Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Alexis Mac Allister Player Thread (M)

Read 22219 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Re: Alexis Mac Allister Player Thread (M)
      Reply #161: Nov 05, 2023 08:00:17 pm
      Nope don’t even need a quality side to test a player uncomfortable in a position he is not suited for.

My response was in regards to others around his performance against Forest which was a week ago so a little bit late to respond
      Don77

• 6,590 posts | 1100 
      Reply #162: Nov 05, 2023 08:05:30 pm
      It's not this lads fault. I'm not happy with him in the 6. But I'm not going to knock him.

This is not what he signed up for ... not what he would have expected when he decided to join.

You have the 2nd interview ... get the job and on your first day its hey actually we've a new role for you. It's not the one you interviewed for.

January can't come quick enough. Im sure Mac will move further forward eventually. Endo must be bemused as well. Just no planning and sheer panic ... probably wishes he was back captaining Stuttgart. Nothing against us ... but he must be wondering why he's been brought here.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,368 posts | 6400 
      Reply #163: Nov 05, 2023 08:08:43 pm
      It's not this lads fault. I'm not happy with him in the 6. But I'm not going to knock him.

This is not what he signed up for ... not what he would have expected when he decided to join.

You have the 2nd interview ... get the job and on your first day its hey actually we've a new role for you. It's not the one you interviewed for.

January can't come quick enough. Im sure Mac will move further forward eventually. Endo must be bemused as well. Just no planning and sheer panic ... probably wishes he was back captaining Stuttgart. Nothing against us ... but he must be wondering why he's been brought here.

It wasn’t his play as a 6 that was at fault today, it was the fact that he was slow on tackles, slow to move the ball and misplaced far too many passes. He was just poor today, position doesn’t play into it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #164: Nov 06, 2023 05:27:20 am
      It wasn’t his play as a 6 that was at fault today, it was the fact that he was slow on tackles, slow to move the ball and misplaced far too many passes. He was just poor today, position doesn’t play into it.

Absolutely spot on.

I think since he's been here, I can honestly count on 1 hand the amount of times he's made me say WOW, we got some Player on our hands!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 1101 
      Reply #165: Nov 06, 2023 10:46:32 am
      Absolutely spot on.

I think since he's been here, I can honestly count on 1 hand the amount of times he's made me say WOW, we got some Player on our hands!
      For sure. Yet I say that about Gravenberch weekly. If we were to get a 6, I dunno that Macca just automatically starts further forward. Gravenberch brings us something very unique that basically no other mid has. His ability to run with the ball really does unlock the defense and creats a world of opportunities for our guys.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,159 posts | 261 
      Reply #166: Nov 06, 2023 11:50:50 am
      My thought exactly same mate.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,382 posts | 783 
      Reply #167: Nov 06, 2023 12:17:36 pm
      This number 6 stuff is used as an excuse to not admit (to ourselves) he hasn't lived up to expectations....yet. The worry as lots have commented on is his lack of mobility/pace. He's Fabinho on a bad day slow. Still early days, and no where near enough time has passed to write him off, but big improvements needed.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #168: Nov 06, 2023 12:20:02 pm
      This number 6 stuff is used as an excuse to not admit (to ourselves) he hasn't lived up to expectations....yet. The worry as lots have commented on is his lack of mobility/pace. He's Fabinho on a bad day slow. Still early days, and no where near enough time has passed to write him off, but big improvements needed.

It really isn't.
      Man took the no 10.
      He works best as an 8 or 10.
      He played in a double pivot early for Brighton and was at his best when they moved him forward.
      Now he's not just playing deep but playing deep as a single no 6.

Liverpool will get the best out of him yet but slowly a problem is emerging for Mac Allister in the form of Gravenberch.
      Don77

• 6,590 posts | 1100 
      Reply #169: Nov 06, 2023 12:24:12 pm
      It really isn't.
      Man took the no 10.
      He works best as an 8 or 10.
      He played in a double pivot early for Brighton and was at his best when they moved him forward.
      Now he's not just playing deep but playing deep as a single no 6.

Liverpool will get the best out of him yet but slowly a problem is emerging for Mac Allister in the form of Gravenberch.

This. I was saying this yesterday. By the time we get a 6 and Mac can move onto the role he signed up for he's going to be up against Dom, Grav, Jones and Elliott. 5 into 2 doesn't go.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,382 posts | 783 
      Reply #170: Nov 06, 2023 01:29:34 pm
      This. I was saying this yesterday. By the time we get a 6 and Mac can move onto the role he signed up for he's going to be up against Dom, Grav, Jones and Elliott. 5 into 2 doesn't go.
      We've got a very capable 6 in Endo.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #171: Nov 06, 2023 02:30:02 pm

Yea, he never had a good game at all, same as a lot of our lads.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,368 posts | 6400 
      Reply #172: Nov 06, 2023 02:50:02 pm

Disagree. I've yet to see Endo play and make me thing we don't need to be looking for a really good 6. He's done well enough against weak competition. But I can't see him being the player we need when we play City. Hoping he proves me wrong though.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,264 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #173: Nov 06, 2023 08:17:17 pm
      Whatever his position he is giving the ball away far to much for my liking
      Don77

• 6,590 posts | 1100 
      Reply #174: Nov 07, 2023 10:20:01 am

We have mate. I totally agree. Ive been banging the endo drum for weeks now and in his own way im sure Alexis is too. So why isn't Jürgen playing him in the prem?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,563 posts | 1497 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #175: Nov 07, 2023 11:24:57 am
      Get Endo in there and have two of Grav, MacA, Dom and Jones in front, Harvey super sub.

Andre comes in January to give Endo cover.

Just don’t know why we consist with him there when it’s easy to see he’s uncomfortable and that position takes his strengths away.
      Don77

• 6,590 posts | 1100 
      Reply #176: Nov 07, 2023 11:54:28 am
      Get Endo in there and have two of Grav, MacA, Dom and Jones in front, Harvey super sub.

Andre comes in January to give Endo cover.

Just don’t know why we consist with him there when it’s easy to see he’s uncomfortable and that position takes his strengths away.

When hes fit we will have Bajcetic as well to play there and bring him on slowly at his own pace.

When I really thought about the endo signing that was the conclusion I came to. Experienced international , captain for club and country and well respected and a good signing for the present whilst the future (Bajcetic) gets himself right and we identify others for the long term as well.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,382 posts | 783 
      Reply #177: Nov 07, 2023 12:30:09 pm
      We have mate. I totally agree. Ive been banging the endo drum for weeks now and in his own way im sure Alexis is too. So why isn't Jürgen playing him in the prem?
      I'd guess it's a profile thing. Mac A. was brought into the club with proven Premier league experience and was heralded as a marquee signing.
      The late arrival of Endo gave the impression he was a "Safety net" signing. Players differ in how long it takes to bed in at a new club....Mac is struggling (a bit)...and yet Endo is still overlooked. I've said a few times, he' hasn't looked out of place when called on.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,159 posts | 261 
      Reply #178: Nov 09, 2023 03:41:09 pm
      Don77

• 6,590 posts | 1100 
      Reply #179: Nov 09, 2023 03:52:20 pm

Not even reading that. I've watched this game for 40 years and a this is anfield article isn't going to make me think Mac in the 6 has been anything other than a disaster or not far short of a disaster so far.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,037 posts | 537 
      Reply #180: Nov 09, 2023 10:08:46 pm
      He's not been as bad as a lot of people are making out. I remember in Fabinho's first season a lot of people were saying similar things - "he's too slow" etc.
      Henderson got slagged off for about 5 years for "too many sideways passes" etc. Everybody thought Lucas was sh*te for years as well.

Mac is a good player who is still settling in to the team (something that is a bit trickier by not playing his ideal position). Give him time and he will be fine.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #181: Nov 12, 2023 11:35:17 pm
      Not even reading that. I've watched this game for 40 years and a this is anfield article isn't going to make me think Mac in the 6 has been anything other than a disaster or not far short of a disaster so far.

I don't think it comes close to being a disaster, that's a bit over dramatic to be honest mate.

Just a square peg in a round hole.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #182: Nov 13, 2023 12:55:44 pm
      I don't think it comes close to being a disaster, that's a bit over dramatic to be honest mate.

Just a square peg in a round hole.

You know how some people like to over dramatise things. Fitting in well just haven't seen the best of him  but for me he's doing alright in the role Jurg's asking him to play.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,037 posts | 537 
      Reply #183: Nov 25, 2023 06:04:32 pm
      Did well today away to Citeh. Thought he was composed, read the game well and was tidy in possession. Showing he can play the DM role. Think people have got it in their head that he can't and aren't seeing that he is actually growing into that role.

Quick Reply