Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Pre-Season Matches: Summer 2023

Read 20428 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Re: Pre-Season Matches: Summer 2023
      Reply #552: Aug 08, 2023 12:36:28 pm
      Nkunku confirmed not to be fit for Sunday's game, evidently he has had an operation and will be out for 3 months. Fingers crossed they don't get Caicedo over the line until after the 1st game!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #553: Aug 08, 2023 12:40:42 pm
      As for pre-season.

The forward players look in fine form. Nunez, Jota, Salah, Diaz and Gakpo have all been in the goals and look sharp. Mac Allister has looked like a Rolls Royce in midfield and may turn out to be the steal of the summer.

Defensively we look as wide open as we were last season. The much discussed lack of defensive midfield cover is an issue and perhaps more worrying is how quickly we can be got at when we lose the ball in midfield.

Strap in! It feels like we are going to see a LOT of goals this year. Let's hope we can start scoring the 1st one in the game for a change.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #554: Aug 08, 2023 02:14:10 pm
      Having Diaz back fit, Gakpo and Nunez adjusting so well . Its like having 5 new signings not 2 ( atm ).Loved the pre season games ( as always ).Just feel we could be heading for a crackin season.Quick mention for Mac Allister, what a talent.Sure to be a huge favourite with the fans ( i’m sold already)coyr.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #555: Aug 08, 2023 02:33:20 pm
      Klopp: "The situation is clear the protection to the diagonal pass is not there for the goal"

Our defending really is suspect right now. I mean it's borderline atrocious. I can't imagine what City would do to us the way we've been defending.

Quick Reply