Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Premier League: 2023-2024

Read 78670 times
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,919 posts | 438 
      Re: Premier League: 2023-2024
      Reply #1886: Mar 31, 2024 06:40:29 pm
      Best result we could hope for I reckon. We need to go to old trafford angry as F**k and ready to right some wrongs there.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,621 posts | 1114 
      Reply #1887: Mar 31, 2024 06:44:25 pm
      Best result we could hope for I reckon. We need to go to old trafford angry as F**k and ready to right some wrongs there.

Sheff utd first
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #1888: Mar 31, 2024 06:46:59 pm
      Draw. Will take that. Arsenal deserved a point, went to defend and did it well.

F**k those cu*ts, so boring and sh*te.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #1889: Mar 31, 2024 06:47:21 pm

Agreed, might be a good thing to get our loss there out the way
      Don77

• 6,621 posts | 1114 
      Reply #1890: Mar 31, 2024 06:52:32 pm
      Best result for us that.

Arsenal are going nowhere in this title race. They will knock 4 or 5 past Luton on wednesday and go top again. We should be doing the same thursday. Because of their superior goal difference a point at OT next week will be no use to us and will no doubt see them go top again.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #1891: Mar 31, 2024 07:33:43 pm
      Best result for us that.

Arsenal are going nowhere in this title race. They will knock 4 or 5 past Luton on wednesday and go top again. We should be doing the same thursday. Because of their superior goal difference a point at OT next week will be no use to us and will no doubt see them go top again.

F**k Arsenal, there’s no way they win the rest of their games.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,457 posts | 2851 
      Reply #1892: Mar 31, 2024 09:13:40 pm
      Decent for us but for Arsenal it's a big job done in the head to heads. They've beaten both their rivals at home and then gone and got a point away from home at both. When the season starts that's the goal for the big games and they've gone and done it.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,237 posts | 1225 
      Reply #1893: Mar 31, 2024 11:49:13 pm
      Decent for us but for Arsenal it's a big job done in the head to heads. They've beaten both their rivals at home and then gone and got a point away from home at both. When the season starts that's the goal for the big games and they've gone and done it.

Yup, but we are still top, and I'd rather be in that position.

We are in the unique situation of knowing our legendary manager is signing off so I'm expecting some huge performances from the players in the run in. Each game is an opportunity to say thank you.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #1894: Apr 01, 2024 10:02:45 am

I'm fuming, I've booked something at the Empire for Thursday knowing it's not a Europa League night and now we're on  :mad:

There's lots of games coming up in a few competitions, Arsenal and City will drop points but I got accused of talking Utd up the other week but they proved my point this week they are sh*te and have a poor attitudes hence Brentford giving them the run around you watch the step up in effort against us.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #1895: Apr 01, 2024 10:17:04 am

As we have found out previously, it’s no good knocking over the big guns and then dropping points to teams your expected to beat , arsenal may have beaten us and city , but we are top and that’s what counts , they didn’t get a trophy for winning them two games , it’s a race to the finish now and Jürgen will have the lads chomping at the bit a second title is on the horizon cmon you red men .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1896: Apr 01, 2024 11:24:30 am

There's lots of games coming up in a few competitions, Arsenal and City will drop points but I got accused of talking Utd up the other week but they proved my point this week they are sh*te and have a poor attitudes hence Brentford giving them the run around you watch the step up in effort against us.

I think you make more than a valid point, I’ve been thinking the same thing. We play above ourselves against you lot and deserved to beat you in all honesty but that’s not the point. It’s how players raise their games against certain opponents.

Now it isn’t rocket science United have nothing to play for and not only was that our Cup final the players will do anything  from stopping you winning a cup or the league. 🤬  As a fan I ask the question why don’t we do this against any team and not just Liverpool? It wouldn’t have happened under Fergie.

Against Brentford I witnessed one of the worse performances I’d seen this year and the frustration got the better of me. I was fcuking fuming we never played with the same intensity as we did against you lot.

You just know come the home game against you lot we will probably be a different side again, it’s pathetic. Obviously I’ll be happy to see us beat you but it’s all wrong, the players are cheating the fans. We’ve dropped so far in standards it makes my piss boil. 🤬

Rant over….
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,919 posts | 438 
      Reply #1897: Apr 01, 2024 11:26:06 am
      I think you make more than a valid point, I’ve been thinking the same thing. We play above ourselves against you lot and deserved to beat you in all honesty but that’s not the point. It’s how players raise their games against certain opponents.

Now it isn’t rocket science United have nothing to play for and not only was that our Cup final the players will do anything  from stopping you winning a cup or the league. 🤬  As a fan I ask the question why don’t we do this against any team and not just Liverpool? It wouldn’t have happened under Fergie.

Against Brentford I witnessed one of the worse performances I’d seen this year and the frustration got the better of me. I was fcuking fuming we never played with the same intensity as we did against you lot.

You just know come the home game against you lot we will probably be a different side again, it pathetic. Obviously I’ll be happy to see us beat you but it’s all wrong, the players are cheating the fans. We’ve dropped so far in standards it makes my piss boil. 🤬

Rant over….

United players clearly cba with Erik 10 Excuses but what they can be arsed with is putting a shift in regardless against LFC
      Don77

• 6,621 posts | 1114 
      Reply #1898: Apr 01, 2024 11:26:24 am
      I think you make more than a valid point, I’ve been thinking the same thing. We play above ourselves against you lot and deserved to beat you in all honesty but that not the point. It’s how players raise their games against certain opponents.

You just know come the home game against you lot we will probably be a different side again, it pathetic. Obviously I’ll be happy to see us beat you but it’s all wrong, the players are cheating the fans. We’ve dropped so far in standards it makes my piss boil. 🤬

Rant over….

United wont want us to get to 20. If we get casual next week, make mistakes ... we will get nothing again as utd will play like men posessed. The cup game was a warning ... hoping we learned something.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,919 posts | 438 
      Reply #1899: Apr 01, 2024 11:30:09 am
      United wont want us to get to 20. If we get casual next week, make mistakes ... we will get nothing again as utd will play like men posessed. The cup game was a warning ... hoping we learned something.

Didn't really learn much even yesterday we started slowly got ourselves back ahead and continued bombing forward, losing the ball, making the wrong decisions, missing chances and it got edgy from the 80th minute once again.

We need the front 3 to really click if we play like that and play as a team. Not 3 individuals chasing goals for themselves.

Mo and Darwin were both guilty at times of making poor decisions or finishing poorly on the counter which gave Brighton chances to counter us.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,586 posts | 1808 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1900: Apr 01, 2024 11:35:36 am
      United players clearly cba with Erik 10 Excuses but what they can be arsed with is putting a shift in regardless against LFC

Truth
      Don77

• 6,621 posts | 1114 
      Reply #1901: Apr 01, 2024 11:38:35 am
      Arsenal's last 2 games ... united away who will have nothing to play for and roll over. Everton at home who will be safe and roll over. Both teams wont want us to win a raffle.

4 of our last 6 away including 3 away in 6 days with a 12.30ko as the 3rd of those away games.

We need to win all 9 imo.
      Don77

• 6,621 posts | 1114 
      Reply #1902: Apr 01, 2024 11:40:39 am
      Didn't really learn much even yesterday we started slowly got ourselves back ahead and continued bombing forward, losing the ball, making the wrong decisions, missing chances and it got edgy from the 80th minute once again.

We need the front 3 to really click if we play like that and play as a team. Not 3 individuals chasing goals for themselves.

Mo and Darwin were both guilty at times of making poor decisions or finishing poorly on the counter which gave Brighton chances to counter us.

We need Jota back. He could be the difference maker.
      Don77

• 6,621 posts | 1114 
      Reply #1903: Apr 01, 2024 12:03:05 pm
      Manchester boys again thursday. Taylor on 4th official and kavanagh on var. These 2 plus tierney and coote seem to follow us round.

Shouldnt make any difference this time ... but theyre around.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,424 posts | 803 
      Reply #1904: Apr 01, 2024 12:25:37 pm

You just know come the home game against you lot we will probably be a different side again, it’s pathetic. Obviously I’ll be happy to see us beat you but it’s all wrong, the players are cheating the fans. We’ve dropped so far in standards it makes my piss boil. 🤬

Rant over….
      You didn't drop your standards at Brentford...That is your standard....You raised your level against us in the cup game, and sustained it for the first half hour, after that you reverted back to, or were forced back to type, namely disjointed and lazy. I can remember seeing your players moaning at each other for long periods of the game. Goals change games and it was the gift of the both (late) equaliser(s) that re-energised you to push on. Other than that it's normal for Utd to up it's game against us...we're you most hated rival, that means a lot.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #1905: Apr 01, 2024 12:37:57 pm
      You didn't drop your standards at Brentford...That is your standard....You raised your level against us in the cup game, and sustained it for the first half hour, after that you reverted back to, or were forced back to type, namely disjointed and lazy. I can remember seeing your players moaning at each other for long periods of the game. Goals change games and it was the gift of the both (late) equaliser(s) that re-energised you to push on. Other than that it's normal for Utd to up it's game against us...we're you most hated rival, that means a lot.

Exactly - United were absolute sh*te in that game. Still can’t believe we lost.
      DanMann

• 5,789 posts | 892 
      Reply #1906: Apr 01, 2024 01:41:51 pm

Because we were even worse than them. Way below our standard and our players showed a disgraceful attitude against Utd.

Now they will believe in themselves and play their best game against us. We've caused our own problems
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1907: Apr 01, 2024 01:59:41 pm

Maybe coz you were worse 🖕🖕🖕
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #1908: Apr 01, 2024 04:48:49 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68705295

Phil McNulty watching a different game on the day.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2024 04:57:24 pm by stuey »

Quick Reply