Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Dominik Szoboszlai Player Thread (M)

Read 27037 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,443 posts | 816 
      Re: Dominik Szoboszlai Player Thread (M)
      Reply #184: Oct 17, 2023 02:18:23 pm
      It's early days but all the signs are he's the most gifted player we've recruited for quite some time. His comparison to SG is premature...we are talking about a proven bona fide club legend with Steven. Who knows in time he might eclipse him?....It'll take some doing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8643 
      Reply #185: Oct 17, 2023 02:38:33 pm
      It's early days but all the signs are he's the most gifted player we've recruited for quite some time. His comparison to SG is premature...we are talking about a proven bona fide club legend with Steven. Who knows in time he might eclipse him?....It'll take some doing.

My original point was that it took a bit of time and work for Gerrard to reach that level.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,443 posts | 816 
      Reply #186: Oct 17, 2023 02:40:55 pm
      My original point was that it took a bit of time and work for Gerrard to reach that level.
      No worries bud...I wasn't having a pop!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8643 
      Reply #187: Oct 17, 2023 02:56:11 pm
      No worries bud...I wasn't having a pop!

No I know, I'm agreeing with what you're saying. Just pointing out that it took Gerrard a lot of work to get where he was one of the best in the world 
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,724 posts | 3941 
      Reply #188: Oct 21, 2023 10:32:53 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,866 posts | 6799 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #189: Oct 22, 2023 01:07:28 am
      He wanted to rip the back of the net out yesterday.

Wanted a Derby goal.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,198 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #190: Oct 22, 2023 08:24:14 am

Wanted a Derby goal.

Heā€™s looking promising, unfortunately 😂
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #191: Oct 23, 2023 05:24:08 am

Wanted a Derby goal.

He likes Gerrard a lot, and what a better way to emulate his hero than to score a screamer against Everton? I hope we'll see this soon.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,866 posts | 6799 
      Reply #192: Oct 23, 2023 05:55:14 am
      He likes Gerrard a lot, and what a better way to emulate his hero than to score a screamer against Everton? I hope we'll see this soon.

He will do it at Goodison  :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #193: Oct 23, 2023 09:26:54 am
      Heā€™s looking promising, unfortunately 😂

I honestly think heā€™s the best signing this season of all the clubs, what he has given us so far has been incredible, the best accolade is that he looks like heā€™s been with us for years, this fella is 22, he like other foreign players usually take time to settle, new country, new culture, new everything, team mates, new system, all of that and more, but heā€™s streamed in seamlessly and he is for me a Rolls Royce of a player, heā€™s not there yet but I donā€™t think it will take him long for him have World class status alongside his name,

We seen on Saturday the first outing of what I believe will be a formidable midfield in Szloboslai, Macca & Gā€™Berch, all three are individually superb, group them together they will become exceptional, ably backed with Harvey, Curtis, inverted Trent, and Gackpo can drop back too, have you noticed yet what JĆ¼rgen is building??

Defence, Midfield, attack, all three elements yet to reach their peak seasons, we look more solid defensively, aside from Robbo's injury, we have a attacking group capable of conquering all, and last but no means least a Midfield as good as any youā€™ll see anywhere, as that dirty old Kunt Rolf would say, ā€œCan You Tell What it is Yetā€ ?

If your not excited by the new Liverpool, a Klopp part 2, then you are already f***in dead !!!

YNWA

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,417 posts | 6418 
      Reply #194: Oct 23, 2023 02:48:02 pm
      If this is his "settling in" season....look the F**k out next season.

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #195: Oct 24, 2023 08:33:49 am

I honestly think heā€™s the best signing this season of all the clubs, what he has given us so far has been incredible, the best accolade is that he looks like heā€™s been with us for years, this fella is 22, he like other foreign players usually take time to settle, new country, new culture, new everything, team mates, new system, all of that and more, but heā€™s streamed in seamlessly and he is for me a Rolls Royce of a player, heā€™s not there yet but I donā€™t think it will take him long for him have World class status alongside his name,

We seen on Saturday the first outing of what I believe will be a formidable midfield in Szloboslai, Macca & Gā€™Berch, all three are individually superb, group them together they will become exceptional, ably backed with Harvey, Curtis, inverted Trent, and Gackpo can drop back too, have you noticed yet what JĆ¼rgen is building??

Defence, Midfield, attack, all three elements yet to reach their peak seasons, we look more solid defensively, aside from Robbo's injury, we have a attacking group capable of conquering all, and last but no means least a Midfield as good as any youā€™ll see anywhere, as that dirty old Kunt Rolf would say, ā€œCan You Tell What it is Yetā€ ?

If your not excited by the new Liverpool, a Klopp part 2, then you are already f***in dead !!!

YNWA

The scouting team did an excellent job on this one. Sure, he's a better fit for us than Mount and probably a better player too. Also, he did not cost that much when you add into account salaries.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,595 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #196: Oct 24, 2023 08:55:40 am
      Different breed as virgil says. top class.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,322 posts | 771 
      Reply #197: Oct 24, 2023 10:03:12 am
      Looks a real quality midfield player, brilliant signing for the Reds.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,198 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #198: Oct 24, 2023 01:59:21 pm

YNWA

Heā€™s up there for one of the best signings for sure. Your mate Carra makes a good case also for Maddison.
      World class? Like you I have t seen that yet.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,595 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #199: Oct 24, 2023 02:21:57 pm

YNWA

Add to that the other young lads coming through as well, were looking good for another long period of success.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #200: Oct 25, 2023 11:34:16 am
      Heā€™s up there for one of the best signings for sure. Your mate Carra makes a good case also for Maddison.
      World class? Like you I have t seen that yet.

Yes, Maddison is quality, at one point thought weā€™d be after him, but obviously Szloboslai offered more in the long term, add his relative ease in which he has settled into a different culture, style, different positions etc etc is tantamount to the boyā€™s talents, as good as Maddison is, I think in time Szlobos will be a much better acquisition, weā€™ve seen the flexibility he has, whereas Maddison is more of a playmaker and restrictive in his skills,

JĆ¼rgen likes players who can multitask and play in alternative positions, I donā€™t see that in Maddison, weā€™ve seen already the flexibility we have in all or most of our Mids, Macca, Szlobos, Gā€™Berch, Elliot, Jones, Gakpo, Trent, can/have all played in different roles, giving JĆ¼rgen multiple options and perhaps more importantly allows the rotation needed to keep players keen but also cut down actual playing time, in turn that maintains a level of freshness and fitness levels high, possibly less injuries??

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,198 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #201: Oct 25, 2023 11:45:00 am

JĆ¼rgen likes players who can multitask and play in alternative positions, I donā€™t see that in Maddison, weā€™ve seen already the flexibility we have in all or most of our Mids, Macca, Szlobos, Gā€™Berch, Elliot, Jones, Gakpo, Trent, can/have all played in different roles, giving  JĆ¼rgen multiple options and perhaps more importantly allows the rotation needed to keep players keen but also cut down actual playing time, in turn that maintains a level of freshness and fitness levels high, possibly less injuries??

YNWA

Iā€™m struggle to disagree, never a good thing agreeing with a fcuking scouser all the time, itā€™s not good for my health. 😂 Pretty obvious though as much as Klopp likes players that can multitask ( none better than Trent   :f_whistle: ( had to get that in  ;D ) MacAllister seems to be struggling donā€™t you think? same way as Mount at our place.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #202: Oct 29, 2023 11:40:24 pm
      Sublime.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,620 posts | 755 
      Reply #203: Oct 30, 2023 04:33:00 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,866 posts | 6799 
      Reply #204: Nov 02, 2023 10:46:40 pm
      If this is his "settling in" season....look the F**k out next season.

:lmao:
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,620 posts | 755 
      Reply #205: Nov 03, 2023 02:12:35 pm
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #206: Nov 19, 2023 03:32:28 pm
      Two goals today the second.one like to see more of.that and his dribbling prowess got it in his locker

Quick Reply